Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We nah waan Lawny fi go back inna heat...break out de ice watah!

icewater-1.gif

Doan mek mi haffi break out deh pum pum coolah!

:rofl: :rofl:

I think we are going to have to create a drink called the pum pum coolah

:lol: :lol: :rofl::rofl: ...No, seriously can you imagine going into a JA. bar/restaurant asking for a 'Pum-Pum Cooler'

" She waan wan pumpum cooler pon deh racks!!"

My PumPum cooler ah come next week Wednesday(hehehehehe-more bed jumping...more bed jumping!) ;):rofl::rofl:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Where is the smiley sitting on the block of ice?

Sus, you are wicked!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Dat mean seh dem TOUCH me -- which no mean one RASS to mi...Touched 2/17 & 3/27 -- mi no know wah di rass dem a wait pon.

But sometimes it can take a lot of touching for it to come! :devil: (sorry, couldn't resist)

hehehehehehehehehehe...Susie...yuh too bad Man...hehehehehehehehehehehe... :devil::devil::devil:

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Other Timeline
Andre actually reads what I write most of the time. He'll say (insert random Patois cussword here) you did not just tell them that!

:lol: A reads here as well...I am usually showing off my patois skills to him. Come read this...look at this...

Yardi. How long did it take for you to learn patois, writing as well as speaking? Were you ever made fun of when trying to learn?

Speaking I am still learning...I can say a lot of it in my head but because I don't really have the accent very good it sounds funny when I say things sometimes- so usually it is a mix of patois/english. A and my friends down in JA always said that I do pretty good but I do really good when I am pissed off and just let if flow :lol:

Unfortunately there are some bad minded people out there that did make fun of me but I just try and ignore them. At least I am putting myself out of my comfort zone to learn something new. Usually I just get mad respect from people because very few "yankees" try and take the time to learn and continue to try even when I do get made fun of. When I kept going back to JA and living a lot of the community thought it was great that I was adapting to their way of life and becoming Jamaicanized when a lot of the foreigners they see come down and try and americanize them.

I can read it and for the most part understand it because thats all Neil will speak to me. Now as for me speaking it... I can but it is a mixture of patwa/english :whistle: but I am determined to speak it in full suh mi ago keep wuking on ie :yes: He gets a kick outta making me chat hup 'im friends and family what likkle mi knoa.

I can read it as well, and can understand my hubby even when he get's real "thick" with it. I can understand his friends back home as well and of course, they get a real kick out of it.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
question! Maybe be stupid, but ray got a speeding ticket. ugh! He has a ja license. Does this come up on the police record?

Even if it did, it is not an offense they worry about.

Thanks JG and Lawny... He told me not to worry, but of course I worried anyway.

That being said, tell him to slow the hell down. If he ends up hitting and killing someone, THAT they will worry about.

I told his tail that very thing JG. He said I knew you would vex.

Sunny --

That's how most Jamaican males stay. I warned Marcel before I even got in the car with him. It's funny when we went to pick up his friends to go to Pier One, they were like --- STAR...u ago mek di ooman drive u vehicle (they didn't know I was Jamaican). So, I let them talk about me the whole time until we reach the club parking lot and then I cussed their A$$es out. I was driving slow as hell and people were passing me, but I didn't care. All Marcel did was kept on laughing. And all I was hearing was bbclaat by di time we reach the club ago lack dung. Marcel still laughing is A$$ off.

I don't play when it comes to driving in Jamaica. I have seen HORRIBLE accidents and I'll be DAMNED if you're going to drive like a BAT out of hell with precious cargo (ME) in the car. On my second trip, his friends don't complain anymore and they know not to say nothing this time... because...see di taxi dem deh!

What is SOOO funny is that they think they are driving good.. I would be holding on to ANYTHING and EVRYTHING while RG was driving and he would be like "What??" I'd tell him, "U almost ran over that person" (cuz he don't slow down when someone crosses the street) He would be like, "I would never run over anyone, I've gauged how fast I can go without hitting them" I would be like WHATEVER, I will just close my eyes everytime I see a pedestrian. He was clueless to the fact that he was driving like a maniac, but i guess he would if everybody else does it LOL

News Flash...........that does not change when they get to the US.

My husband never even drove in JA, so I don't really know what his excuse is. I just know I get whiplash driving with him. It's like wooooooo from a dead stop till we hit the speed limit of that street, then 2 feet before the stop sign/light, he slams on the break.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Mi jus jump right in and start fe chat and nuh say Good Mawning

GOOD MAWNING FAM!!

Mawning Son,

Question...Hubby git em iphone bill yet? :lol:

Jus fass mi fass ear?

Gill

Lawd why yuh ah mek mi blood pressa ago up dis mawning chat bout iphone :wacko: No not yet but mi await fe ie tuh come :whistle: "im walk round yerso chat bout smile suh im cyaan tek mi picka dem :whistle:

Funny.

Timeline
Dat mean seh dem TOUCH me -- which no mean one RASS to mi...Touched 2/17 & 3/27 -- mi no know wah di rass dem a wait pon.

Gurl, mi not even gonna seh no congrats ah baxside til dem giv eyuh deh dyam NOA2!!!! Cho! :angry: C'mon VSC...what gives????

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
:lol: :lol: :rofl::rofl: ...No, seriously can you imagine going into a JA. bar/restaurant asking for a 'Pum-Pum Cooler'

" She waan wan pumpum cooler pon deh racks!!"

My PumPum cooler ah come next week Wednesday(hehehehehe-more bed jumping...more bed jumping!) ;):rofl::rofl:

It would be just as bad as going to one of the bars in Negril and asking for a "Purple hard on" - Which is an actual drink invented by the bartender, lol!

I know you are excited about your pum pum cooler coming - Mine was in rare form last night - gonna have me sittin on the ice with Lawny soon!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

Who lives in the D.C. area besides Michelle?

Wanted to throw this out too......My SIL is going to JA next week. Just overnight. She's from Brooklyn, NY. If anyone has anything that needs to go to/from MoBay to NY, let me know and I'll see what we can arrange.

What's in a purple hard on?

I'm kindof cringing at the name......I NEVER want to see no hard on that is purple. That has got to be painful.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
toooooooooooo RAHTID late...mi INNA heat areadi

Juss from deh likkle USCIS feel hup?! But yuh heat hup too quick an easy gyal!

A no fram dat!...MARCEL just call mi a tell mi wah im miss :devil:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

I am going to file for Advance Parole so we(or at least Ken) can take KJ for his Embassy interview. I don't trust that Mama as far as I can throw her! The other day she asked Ken how long before KJ can file for her ... :blink::wacko::o ...Em knoa not tuh even ask mi that...he just told her ..."A WHILE!!!!" Then she told em to look a nice boyfriend for har when he comes hup! :o #######!?!?!?!

WTH..The woman is touched 4real.

***update on my cousin's ex fiance

That dumb A$$ got married March 16th at the Ritz Carlton in Mobay. I'm wondering how long he knew this woman.

Oh! Damn. Dumb a$$ is an under-statement. Man, I hope they find his a$$ out. Your cousin lucked up big time, and this other poor woman. Damn, just sad.

Gurl, mi not even gonna seh no congrats ah baxside til dem giv eyuh deh dyam NOA2!!!! Cho! :angry: C'mon VSC...what gives????

Gill

A dat mi a seh...next RATHID time mi ago engaged to a man fram the next side a di globe...joke mi a mek. Mi love mi YARD man.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

***update on my cousin's ex fiance

That dumb A$$ got married March 16th at the Ritz Carlton in Mobay. I'm wondering how long he knew this woman.

Oh! Damn. Dumb a$$ is an under-statement. Man, I hope they find his a$$ out. Your cousin lucked up big time, and this other poor woman. Damn, just sad.

Browinin, she thank God everyday. The woman he married, according to his cousin, is someone he met in January at Pelican in Mobay. He also has two woman pregnant one in Jamaica and the other in New York and I'm 100% sure the one he just married don't know about either of them. His day will come.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.