Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I understand the spoken word and can speak a lot of it back; but can't read it properly for the life of me.

You do very well too JG! I seriously give ya'll credit...I don't know if I would even bother if i weren't raised around it! My sister (in DC) can't speak it ATALL!!!! As long as you speak VERY slowly she can understand you. I used to go to Jamaica every summer and she used to go to UK...so I guess that's how I really learned it! My parents never really spoke it in the home (except when my Mom was VEX...then WATCH OUT!!!)

Even when Ken gets excited sometimes I have to tell him to SLOW down...now wat yuh saying??? :huh:

So some serious kudos goes out to everyone that gives it an 'E' for effort in my book!

I told Ken I want us to speak it in the house so our kids learn it. Mi doan want none of dem Yardie cousins fi chat bad bout dem han dem nuh knoa hit! ;):lol:

Gill

i would agree with that...i want Kayla to know words and things like that...it is part of her and needs to know....

:yes:

I want any children I have to know it too. Heck I want my kids to know a ton of languages...definitely helps in the long run.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey yardies! It's a shame I'm in a training class and reading what's going on in here so that I don't too far behind. Mi way learn fi chat patwah like Yardie. LOL. Luv you guy's... Ok, let me go back to acting like this class is the best ever. Ugh!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I understand the spoken word and can speak a lot of it back; but can't read it properly for the life of me.

You do very well too JG! I seriously give ya'll credit...I don't know if I would even bother if i weren't raised around it! My sister (in DC) can't speak it ATALL!!!! As long as you speak VERY slowly she can understand you. I used to go to Jamaica every summer and she used to go to UK...so I guess that's how I really learned it! My parents never really spoke it in the home (except when my Mom was VEX...then WATCH OUT!!!)

Even when Ken gets excited sometimes I have to tell him to SLOW down...now wat yuh saying??? :huh:

So some serious kudos goes out to everyone that gives it an 'E' for effort in my book!

I told Ken I want us to speak it in the house so our kids learn it. Mi doan want none of dem Yardie cousins fi chat bad bout dem han dem nuh knoa hit! ;):lol:

Gill

i would agree with that...i want Kayla to know words and things like that...it is part of her and needs to know....

:yes:

I want any children I have to know it too. Heck I want my kids to know a ton of languages...definitely helps in the long run.

AMEN!!! Especially Spanish, Chinese and Arabic...that's got $$$$$ all ova it!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mornin all!

I couldn't sign on yesterday. My school cut off the net in my room! Bout mi have virus pon mi computa and it might spread tru di campus network. Wen mi bring mi laptop to di computa centa dis mornin dem seh it alrite. Cho! :angry:

Mi gawn fi catch up pon di post dem. Lata

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Timeline
Hey yardies! It's a shame I'm in a training class and reading what's going on in here so that I don't too far behind. Mi way learn fi chat patwah like Yardie. LOL. Luv you guy's... Ok, let me go back to acting like this class is the best ever. Ugh!

You'll get it Sonny...hit tek time!

Enjoy you class :lol: :lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
***UPDATE***

Suh Ken jus call mi...he went BACK inna town (MoBay) this morning fi deal wid the license ting...AGAIN!! So he went on Tuesday, Wednesday & today!

So, I faxed his flight confirmation and he showed it to the ooman dat we paid to tek care of this ting! What does she say!!?

Oh, we not gonna ave enough time fi git it!!! She is gonna give him his $$ back (she better dyam well do so!) You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

So, I told Ken in the future when I tell you to do something PLEASE DO IT!! Guys, I asked Ken in Feb of 2007 fi tek care of this, then in May, August (we got into a BIG fight...nothing after that) til February!

I have to let it go now...and I will but... it just so dyam frustrating! He could have been here THIS WEEK!!! But we were waiting on the BLINKING drivers license!

So when he gets here we have to start from scratch! When em rass haffi cyatch bus han train inna deh mikkle of summer/winter...I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A WORD!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Just ridiculous!

Thanks for letting me vent,

Gill

So sorry to hear that Gill! Bet he learned his lesson though - ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE WOMAN!!!!! :bonk:

BTW - Anthony is getting the NY DMV driver's manual along with his birthday card next month. :yes:

Hush Gilly (((HUGS))) There is only so much you can do...now he gets to reap the consequences.

That is a good idea about the drivers manual :yes:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yards, are you a born Jamaican?

Nope not even close :no:

Girl get out of here. I would have never know.

:) I am whiter than white and started going to JA when I was 16 as a missionary. Went back again as a missionary - made a lot of friends and started going back just to visit. I only went 8 times total but I totally threw myself into the culture and way of life. I never stayed in a hotel - always in a house or with a family in the mountain area of St. Catherine so I was definitely immersed into the JA way of living and had to learn quick.

So you got used to taking cold showers?? That was the only thing I consistently complained about after going in '06. That was the first thing I check when I got the Holiday Inn!!

Gilly when you apply for AP you are eligible to apply because of filing the I-485 (AOS). If you don't file AOS then he technically wouldn't qualify for an AP document. So therefore you have to file them together.

What's AP?

Cold showers never bothered me. It was lack of water sometimes that just about killed me.

Well, girl try taking a bath in RIVER water at 5:30 am in the morning. If you're not AWAKE...you damn sure will be by the time you step into the river.

The day we last left Jamaica, I was bathing in the ocean at 3:30 a.m. It was a little rough!

ummmmmmmmmmmmm 3:30 in the MORNING! JG -- :devil: (let me leave that alone) I'm too NOSEY!

6 a.m. flight. Get your mind out of the gutter, Tre!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
***UPDATE***

Suh Ken jus call mi...he went BACK inna town (MoBay) this morning fi deal wid the license ting...AGAIN!! So he went on Tuesday, Wednesday & today!

So, I faxed his flight confirmation and he showed it to the ooman dat we paid to tek care of this ting! What does she say!!?

Oh, we not gonna ave enough time fi git it!!! She is gonna give him his $$ back (she better dyam well do so!) You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!

So, I told Ken in the future when I tell you to do something PLEASE DO IT!! Guys, I asked Ken in Feb of 2007 fi tek care of this, then in May, August (we got into a BIG fight...nothing after that) til February!

I have to let it go now...and I will but... it just so dyam frustrating! He could have been here THIS WEEK!!! But we were waiting on the BLINKING drivers license!

So when he gets here we have to start from scratch! When em rass haffi cyatch bus han train inna deh mikkle of summer/winter...I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A WORD!!!!!! :angry::angry:

Just ridiculous!

Gill

So sorry to hear that Gill! Bet he learned his lesson though - ALWAYS LISTEN TO THE WOMAN!!!!! :bonk:

BTW - Anthony is getting the NY DMV driver's manual along with his birthday card next month. :yes:

Hush Gilly (((HUGS))) There is only so much you can do...now he gets to reap the consequences.

That is a good idea about the drivers manual :yes:

Mi ah guh pick hup wan fuh Ken today!

It'll be his "Welcome to America" present :lol:...I'm such a B1tch!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
***UPDATE***

Just ridiculous!

Gill

Gill, in the whole scheme of things, this is a very minor set back.

Wait till he tells you he studied and studied the driver's manuel and knows EVERYTHING there is to know and that it's the computer's fault he didn't pass it the 3 times he took it. So, you quiz him and you realize he couldn't have possibly studied as much as he said he did!!!!!

Some things they just have to learn on their own! Don't worry yourself anymore.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill, everthing happens for a reason. It is all in g-ds plan for you. Remain positive and just work on taking the next step to try to get it done. Hang in there honey....

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
The day we last left Jamaica, I was bathing in the ocean at 3:30 a.m. It was a little rough!

I was wondering...when you bathe in the ocean do you really get all that clean? Aren't you just extra salty?

I thought it was okay. I didn't do my hair cause my mass of curls would've then been impossible to comb out. It was between that or no bathing.....I was not treking all the way down to the futbol field at 3 to get some water and then drag it back.

It was kind of cold, Y. I didn't spend a whole lot of quality time in that water!!!!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Gill, in the whole scheme of things, this is a very minor set back.

Wait till he tells you he studied and studied the driver's manuel and knows EVERYTHING there is to know and that it's the computer's fault he didn't pass it the 3 times he took it. So, you quiz him and you realize he couldn't have possibly studied as much as he said he did!!!!!

Some things they just have to learn on their own! Don't worry yourself anymore.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Let us use this as our motto :yes: Sometimes you just have to sit back and let what happens happen. I had to learn real quick I had to let him reap what he sowed sometimes...it is just the way life is and it is the way we learn.

Timeline
A GUESS MI 6TH IT... :rofl:

Kimmy u mad...always a mek mi laugh. I'm sorry, but of all the places in my house that has to be clean it's my bathroom and let me tell ya'll, when I was dating back in the day, if I go to the guys house and his bathroom is nasty guess WHAT...im naw touch dis yah glory. Oh, hell no. And my grandmother would always tell me to check out his bedsheets to see how clean they are. I can't stand a NASTY unkempt man. Like some men think it's okay to use their woman's toothbrush...I will kick your A$$ and don't use my TOWEL.

Since we on the subject, kitchens. Some men (not all) like to cook, but refuse to clean the kitchen. When I cook and clean the kitchen at the same time. And if you're going to clean the kitchen sweep the damn floor or wipe it if it needs to be wiped. The floor is party of the kitchen and it needs to be clean too.

Next thing...you have got to separate your laundry. Don't put the entire basket of clothing into the machine OMG plus towels and bedsheets the machine will be unbalanced when it spin and the clothes won't was good. I mean u use to wash it by hand so wah you a complain fah now. :angry:

and THIS DOES IT FOR ME

Don't use my DAMN deodorant or PERFUME a tell me seh you wah SMELL SWEET TUH!

OMG I can't even count the times that I heard this very same statement!! That drove me :wacko: About 3 weeks ago I brought Kenneth Cole Black for HER!! I woke up when he was getting ready for work and caught him spraying on my stuff!! I ran not walked to the store to buy him his own bottle! IHe is a colgne freak and has sevral bokkles!! I don't understand it... Bath and body products... I'm not even going to mention those items :angry: He is getting better about using my stuff but only because I think he gets tired of me fussing :whistle:

SHYNE all my boyfriends have been Jamaican and it's all the same. Back in the early 90s it was GORGIO or WHITE DIAMONDS

Mi nuh even fret ie nuh more. Now mi jus ago buy 'im nuff tings tuh keep 'im smelling sweet like man, fram shower gels tuh body spray to any man perfume dat mi like tuh smell pon 'im.

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Timeline
***update on my cousin's ex fiance

That dumb A$$ got married March 16th at the Ritz Carlton in Mobay. I'm wondering how long he knew this woman. My fiance has a lot of friends that works at the Ritz Carlton and they told my fiance that the wedding was a nice size. Last Saturday Marcel and the same friends that worked at the Rizt went to a dance in Mobay and saw him all over these woman (they looked like spring breakers). What a DOG! All I can say is that poor woman he just married. My cousin has since moved on. He's still calling my cousin and telling her he don't need her for nothing. Dumb A$$, I know I'm going to run into him next month and I can't wait.

:o OMG!! He is so wrong. I'm sure this will be a flag for the Embassy when he goes to try to file for a visa!

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.