13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
?????

has anyone lost friendships because of your relationships.

for either reason because they thought your s/o wasn't going to make u happy, he was using you or because you were happy??

I didn't lose any friends but some of my friendships changed. These people supported me while during my long distance relationship with Damien. But when he came the calls stopped or they never ask about him. I think that's strange.

Others didn't expect Damien to do so well or we would last. They never said it but I can tell...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
?????

has anyone lost friendships because of your relationships.

for either reason because they thought your s/o wasn't going to make u happy, he was using you or because you were happy??

I didn't lose any friends but some of my friendships changed. These people supported me while during my long distance relationship with Damien. But when he came the calls stopped or they never ask about him. I think that's strange.

Others didn't expect Damien to do so well or we would last. They never said it but I can tell...

I experienced this and i'm sort of at a loss as to why, and when i go to call, it's oh i was going to call u.

7 pages since morning. I'm like Gill now....stop it already :blink: .

hey where you been?? having a good day so far

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Other Timeline
I actually went back and tried to see where I offended you and i'm not seeing it. I can read what i want, but I won't bother with answering them and i'm thinking u have a problem with me because I have zero with you and if you thought I did, you could have used the PM function, but it's all good.

I think sometimes through the internet the 'wrong' message can be derived from normal conversation.....I never detected attitude, or saw anything that I could construe as such though.....

Yuh hear nutting bout Mr JENgles and di scrap yawd?

I agree, I't soo easy to read between the lines, I read and reread as well and could not see the attitude, and knew Jengs was jus makin fun. bout her son. :yes:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

OK, my question for the day is suppose you had a friend who was in a relationship and for whatever reason, you thought the man was using her.

You have no hard evidence, but you just have STRONG misgivings.

DO you tell her?

Or since you have no hard facts, do you just leave it alone???

If a friend told you that she thought your SO was using you, but had no evidence, how would you react?

Would you prefer she said nothing without hard facts to back it up?

Without evidence, I choose to stay quiet.

Ditto... and with evidence I choose to stay quiet.

OK, my question for the day is suppose you had a friend who was in a relationship and for whatever reason, you thought the man was using her.

You have no hard evidence, but you just have STRONG misgivings.

DO you tell her?

Or since you have no hard facts, do you just leave it alone???

If a friend told you that she thought your SO was using you, but had no evidence, how would you react?

Would you prefer she said nothing without hard facts to back it up?

I would tel her, but it's all about the timing. don't tell her when they are all lovey dovey, wait until she complaining about something he did and then say something like. yeah i notice he always does such and such and keept it moving. she may not agree with you are say anything at all, but she will start thinking about it.

That is a good idea... make her think it is her that saw the light!

Even better, take your friend with you, he's bound to show up with the other woman, if you seen him at a certian place at different times. sometimes they just have to see it for them selves.. You can talk till your blue in the face but usually it comes off as being judgemental and many times the other person dosen't want to hear it and the friendship is lost. I don't want to come off a bad mouthing the realtionship, some lessions are just meant to be learn in the first person, when a person has had enough it will usually work it selfout. I just set back and be a listening ear.

Lawny thank God you got that stinking woman outta your group!

JAE - No presents...just went out to dinner which was really nice. My siblings are taking me extreme bowling tomorrow night. Bowling in the dark with black lights and some crazy music playing from 9:30-11:30 should be interesting but don't these kids know I am an old woman now and can't stay up that late :lol: I am going to have to take a nap first :lol:

Funny old women... :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lita u know me and husband used to fight when were separated not that we don't now..but what i did by the advice of a friends mother..she seh wah is the sense oonuh a go talk everyday and cuss waste of money...So u know what i did stopped calling everyday all thru the day..and u know it helped..maybe u need to back off a little..maybe just send the emails and texts and so but limit the phone talk it brings frustration of missing each other so near but yet so far kinda thing...hope it works out

so i had a salad with turkey today plus some baby carrot with ranch dressing and all i've been wanting is water...everytime i see water i wanna be in it.. :lol::yes:

I agree with Kimmie on this one. I had the same problem with Mike only the other way around. I was the one complaining. We would talk everyday, sometimes twice a day and after the second visit in October, I started to miss him so much more and would tell him how I felt but he would not reciprocate. He would be silent and I always asked if I am talking to the phone and wasting money. He always says "telling you I miss you and all that is not gonna change the fact that we can't be together right now. I know how you feel and you know how I feel. Talking about it is not the solution right now, because when we get off the phone, it's not gonna change." The more I heard that the angrier I became and then I decided to back off and not call him as much and would purposefully miss his calls. Now ehen we talk it is so fullfilling and we have so much more to talk about. We now talk maybe 2-3 times a week and I am better able to handle the separation.

Lita, I also think you should try backing off a little. Some men are die-hard romantics and like to hear sweet nuiances in their ears. I think also Evan is missing his baby and needs to hears those things to re-affirm your love for him. :luv::luv:

Just my $0.20.

Now ge me back me change :lol::lol::lol:

Ain't this the truth. And i always seem to find these guys. This is EXACTLY what he wants. He basically said that he would like me to do little romantic things for him more, like sing a song, write a poem, cute texts, tell him he look nice....and i'm like :blink: , that is just not me. I'm not dead inside or anything and I show affection just obviously not how he wants so then he feels like I don't care and i feel like he doesn't appreciate what I do. But I told him that maybe we should stop talking so much since talking at minimum once a day was not enough for him. I do think that will be best. i also don't think he understands just how expensive calling and texting him is. I spent $50 just yesterday to argue :help: , like Kimmy say dat nuh mek nah sense.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

English u waant mi forward one pic of use cause mi waan know :lol::lol: u betta no wait til him lef mi and den u tell mi..."girl, i had a feeling" :devil:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

if my this was a longtime friend of mine not just smaddy mi just meet i would say something..but like Enlgish seh mi wouldn't press it once and dats it..den she a go tell mi how mi bad mind mi no waan si har happy a ray teh teh!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
good idea,

i'm about to file a grievance against my child, i just don't understand how he can bounce into tables that are two feet away from him and knock everyting over. its like he has a wind that follows him *cha*

If there is an area that I know something about and I can help someone step in the right direction, then I will do it - I won't apologize for the fact that I work in the legal field - I fought long and hard to get where I am in my career - I also won't apologize for the fact that I fell in love with a man from another country or that I post here, even though we haven't made a decision as a couple how we are going to proceed as of yet. I am not quite sure what your problem is or why you continually take an attitude with my posts - But if you don't like them, don't read them -

Morning everyone

Did I miss something here? :blink:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

Lita, good I think that is the best thing...continue to send ur emails and snail mail but fall back on the phone calls...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.