Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OKAY I'll put it out there. How many of ya'll MEN shave there pubic hairs and their armpits? Please don't kick me down fi dat.

:lol: ... whoa...likkle personal...Where Shawn99 deh... :unsure::unsure: Shhhhhhhh! :unsure: Onnuh come close

*Anonymous whispering tuh onnuh*

Ken trims his pubs...I asked him NOT to do that cause I love his hair down there...it grows long ..it come in like dolly hair! It's fine and straight...like koolie hair. I like to play wid it as I fall off to sleep!

Ok... I put it out there...don't ask and let's move on! :lol::lol::lol:

Mi seh Ken wouldda MURDAH MI if em knoa mi post dat!! But it's true!

Bless,

Anonymous :unsure::unsure::unsure:

OMG. :lol::lol: What is koolie hair...DWL. Never heard of fine and straight pubies :rofl: . I'm sorry I had to laugh. :luv:

Coolie is another term for Indian. So it has the texture/look of Indian hair I am guessing. I haven't heard of that either :no: Learn something new everyday.

Funny - I just learned about coolie this week. A is working for some guys that he keeps calling chinese-indian-coolie. After a few times I asked what the heck is a "coolie" guy? He explained it that they have "straight-pretty hair." That's why I was dying at Gilli's man having "pretty pubs"!!!

You're good Gill to fess up!! Although better to do it on the phone than when he is here.........he will have forgotten by the time he gets here.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Andre actually reads what I write most of the time. He'll say (insert random Patois cussword here) you did not just tell them that!

:lol: A reads here as well...I am usually showing off my patois skills to him. Come read this...look at this...

Yardi. How long did it take for you to learn patois, writing as well as speaking? Were you ever made fun of when trying to learn?

Speaking I am still learning...I can say a lot of it in my head but because I don't really have the accent very good it sounds funny when I say things sometimes- so usually it is a mix of patois/english. A and my friends down in JA always said that I do pretty good but I do really good when I am pissed off and just let if flow :lol:

Unfortunately there are some bad minded people out there that did make fun of me but I just try and ignore them. At least I am putting myself out of my comfort zone to learn something new. Usually I just get mad respect from people because very few "yankees" try and take the time to learn and continue to try even when I do get made fun of. When I kept going back to JA and living a lot of the community thought it was great that I was adapting to their way of life and becoming Jamaicanized when a lot of the foreigners they see come down and try and americanize them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill about AP....i think you can only file for that when you send off you AOS packet...it is included in the fee that you pay....but I think you can't send it off ahead of time it has to all be sent in together....

Yep that is the way it is now. I am pretty sure you can't file separate anymore.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Andre actually reads what I write most of the time. He'll say (insert random Patois cussword here) you did not just tell them that!

:lol: A reads here as well...I am usually showing off my patois skills to him. Come read this...look at this...

Yardi. How long did it take for you to learn patois, writing as well as speaking? Were you ever made fun of when trying to learn?

Speaking I am still learning...I can say a lot of it in my head but because I don't really have the accent very good it sounds funny when I say things sometimes- so usually it is a mix of patois/english. A and my friends down in JA always said that I do pretty good but I do really good when I am pissed off and just let if flow :lol:

Unfortunately there are some bad minded people out there that did make fun of me but I just try and ignore them. At least I am putting myself out of my comfort zone to learn something new. Usually I just get mad respect from people because very few "yankees" try and take the time to learn and continue to try even when I do get made fun of. When I kept going back to JA and living a lot of the community thought it was great that I was adapting to their way of life and becoming Jamaicanized when a lot of the foreigners they see come down and try and americanize them.

Way to go Yards!! I can read it and understand when I listen to it, but can't speak it in any form. :whistle:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: Timeline
Yards, are you a born Jamaican?

Nope not even close :no:

Girl get out of here. I would have never know.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

**** URGENT*****:ot:

Guys, what should Ken ask for when he arrives at JFK is it a I-94 (stamp for temporary work authorization). I am faxing something to Ken and I want to make sure he asks for the right thing.

Thanks,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill about AP....i think you can only file for that when you send off you AOS packet...it is included in the fee that you pay....but I think you can't send it off ahead of time it has to all be sent in together....

Oooo...kay,

Thanks Nans! I will start looking into all of this. I heard that you could send it even before he got here! I'll check!

Thanks again! That's why I love this thread! :luv::luv::luv:

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Yards --

I've been in the states for 29 years and when I met up with other JAMAICAN they ask me if I just REACH. I guess it's the COUNTRY in mi. Sometimes when I'm doing presentations I mix the accent a bit. I can't help it. Last summer we had a function for west indian doctors and as soon as they heard my name they knew I was JAMAICAN and girl it was on. It was so damn funny. I love to blend with GOOD people...spirited people like a lot of the LADIES here. You just know. Just by the things that are typed you can tell if your spirit will take the person or not. The doctors on the panel had me in tears telling me jokes from when they were children going to school in Jamaica. My poor boss was so lost. She kept asking me "YOU SURE THAT'S ENGLISH" -- well, yes kind of. Some of the things she caught on to and wanted to learn more. But the RAW, RAW PATWAH like most country people speak they'll never catch on to it. Like GALANG WEH U A GO. Some people can't read or write in PATWAH, but I love to hear people from other countries try to SPEAK what I type.

Like last month we had a meeting and we have an electronic writing pad that projects everything on a screen and I was writing in PATWAH just to mess around and kill time until the presentors got to our building. We had so much fun. Americans love the Jamaican accent. They say it's beautiful, just like the island. :yes:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Confession is good for the soul, Gill.

Good for laughs this morning too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gurl,

You ain't lying!!!

Update on KJ...Ken called yesterday and the RGD... RDG ...whatever... said that Ken should get his Birth Certificate by Tuesday (yeah...I'll believe when I see it). ANyway, if not we are going to leave Ken's phone with his brother and when they call he will pick it up for us. I asked Lawny, if she can bring it back to DC for me and my Sister will get it from her there and bring it the next time she come to NY.

Ken, said that KJ's Mama is going to have to tek care of the Passport (I don't think that's the best idea)..but if not the consulate did say we could apply for it via them. I told Ken to take KJ to get pictures before he leaves (cause G-d help us if the consulate has a problem with his pics).

I am going to file for Advance Parole so we(or at least Ken) can take KJ for his Embassy interview. I don't trust that Mama as far as I can throw her! The other day she asked Ken how long before KJ can file for her ... :blink::wacko::o ...Em knoa not tuh even ask mi that...he just told her ..."A WHILE!!!!" Then she told em to look a nice boyfriend for har when he comes hup! :o #######!?!?!?!

I am going to get going on this ASAP...cause I knoa Ken...he will be miserable without our likkle face-ty KJ here!

Thanks for asking.

Gill

that last thing u will need is that chick up here, she'll come up and someone will tell her about child support. Mek she tan right down there. Well know u know why she's letting him come up.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

**** URGENT*****:ot:

Guys, what should Ken ask for when he arrives at JFK is it a I-94 (stamp for temporary work authorization). I am faxing something to Ken and I want to make sure he asks for the right thing.

Thanks,

Gill

I thought the automatically stamp it.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
***update on my cousin's ex fiance

That dumb A$$ got married March 16th at the Ritz Carlton in Mobay. I'm wondering how long he knew this woman. My fiance has a lot of friends that works at the Ritz Carlton and they told my fiance that the wedding was a nice size. Last Saturday Marcel and the same friends that worked at the Rizt went to a dance in Mobay and saw him all over these woman (they looked like spring breakers). What a DOG! All I can say is that poor woman he just married. My cousin has since moved on. He's still calling my cousin and telling her he don't need her for nothing. Dumb A$$, I know I'm going to run into him next month and I can't wait.

Utterly dumbfounded!!!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.