Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Dang,

Have to go to HR since the girl I was working with filed a grievance against me last week. I cannot work with her becuase of her body order and HR knows about this. It's very OFFENSIVE. I'm not the only one that has complained to her manager. So, she goes and tells them that I cuss her out in my language in front of a room of people. But I think the real reason is does not like me becuase I'm Jamaican and her EX (is also JAMAICAN)...so here we go. I think I'll sit on my HANDS for this meeting. I'll bring a jar of VASELINE just in case

Hey Jamie, did you get any presents????

My dear husband gave me NOTHING (apart from dinner) so I am living vicariously through others lol!!

Mine is to the point where he'll say go buy what you want and then show me what I got you! Smart man!!!!

Very smart man.

Is this the same girl, who said doesn't your son have a father??

Yes, a di same one. She was totally out of line. Well, the meeting lasted all of 7 minutes. She didn't know that I had people backing me. Now, she's totally EMBRASSED about her odor. She was told to apologize to me, but she got up and walked out. I told the HR manager that she makes comments about Jamaicans all the time (and I don't go running to HR) to file a grievance. So, now they moved her out of my work group. THANK THE LORD! Now, I can BREATHE a sign of RELIEF.

wow i can't believe that...some people just need to grow up and be a big person about a situation instead of running to tell the teacher....people like that bug me....

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny thank God you got that stinking woman outta your group!

JAE - No presents...just went out to dinner which was really nice. My siblings are taking me extreme bowling tomorrow night. Bowling in the dark with black lights and some crazy music playing from 9:30-11:30 should be interesting but don't these kids know I am an old woman now and can't stay up that late :lol: I am going to have to take a nap first :lol:

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline

JAE - No presents...just went out to dinner which was really nice. My siblings are taking me extreme bowling tomorrow night. Bowling in the dark with black lights and some crazy music playing from 9:30-11:30 should be interesting but don't these kids know I am an old woman now and can't stay up that late :lol: I am going to have to take a nap first :lol:

Oh, I love extreme bowling. So fun.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am so glad you explained what it was, for a minute there i got an impression of bowling at people. don't mind me.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Timeline
Dang,

Have to go to HR since the girl I was working with filed a grievance against me last week. I cannot work with her becuase of her body order and HR knows about this. It's very OFFENSIVE. I'm not the only one that has complained to her manager. So, she goes and tells them that I cuss her out in my language in front of a room of people. But I think the real reason is does not like me becuase I'm Jamaican and her EX (is also JAMAICAN)...so here we go. I think I'll sit on my HANDS for this meeting. I'll bring a jar of VASELINE just in case

My dear husband gave me NOTHING (apart from dinner) so I am living vicariously through others lol!!

Mine is to the point where he'll say go buy what you want and then show me what I got you! Smart man!!!!

Very smart man.

Yes, a di same one. She was totally out of line. Well, the meeting lasted all of 7 minutes. She didn't know that I had people backing me. Now, she's totally EMBRASSED about her odor. She was told to apologize to me, but she got up and walked out. I told the HR manager that she makes comments about Jamaicans all the time (and I don't go running to HR) to file a grievance. So, now they moved her out of my work group. THANK THE LORD! Now, I can BREATHE a sign of RELIEF.

wow i can't believe that...some people just need to grow up and be a big person about a situation instead of running to tell the teacher....people like that bug me....

Trust me. I tried to be a professional about this as possible. But when she said, DON'T YOUR SON HAVE A FATHER...I lost it. But I didn't cuss at her, I just let her know that's none of her business, I said it in Patwah, because I was so upset. She goes and tells HR I cussed her using Jamaican badwords and the people at the meeting told the HR manager they understood everything I said and heard no badwords. And trust me, the people I work with know the JAMAICAN badwords better than I do.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
OK, my question for the day is suppose you had a friend who was in a relationship and for whatever reason, you thought the man was using her.

You have no hard evidence, but you just have STRONG misgivings.

DO you tell her?

Or since you have no hard facts, do you just leave it alone???

If a friend told you that she thought your SO was using you, but had no evidence, how would you react?

Would you prefer she said nothing without hard facts to back it up?

Hmmm that is a tough one for me. I think a lot of it depends on the friend. If it is someone I am really close with and know that she would appreciate hearing my concerns I would tell her...but only once and wouldn't make a big deal out of it...just sort of a "hey I thought you should be aware" type of talk. If I wasn't too close to the person or knew they couldn't handle it I wouldn't tell them anything unless I had hard evidence. If I had hard evidence I would tell...but again only once and what they choose to do with the evidence is their choice and I would respect their choice as they are grown people.

I would want my close friends to tell me their suspicions or present any evidence they had...but only close friends who I am really connected with. I wouldn't want someone who I am not really good friends with coming and telling me something unless they had really hard evidence.

Dang,

Very smart man.

a sigh of relief and a breath of fresh air. lol

good for you, she started it and then wanted to turn around and file a complaint against you. dumb

lol, great minds! :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

OK, my question for the day is suppose you had a friend who was in a relationship and for whatever reason, you thought the man was using her.

DO you tell her?

If a friend told you that she thought your SO was using you, but had no evidence, how would you react?

Hmmm that is a tough one for me. I think a lot of it depends on the friend. If it is someone I am really close with and know that she would appreciate hearing my concerns I would tell her...but only once and wouldn't make a big deal out of it...just sort of a "hey I thought you should be aware" type of talk. If I wasn't too close to the person or knew they couldn't handle it I wouldn't tell them anything unless I had hard evidence. If I had hard evidence I would tell...but again only once and what they choose to do with the evidence is their choice and I would respect their choice as they are grown people.

I would want my close friends to tell me their suspicions or present any evidence they had...but only close friends who I am really connected with. I wouldn't want someone who I am not really good friends with coming and telling me something unless they had really hard evidence.

I'm kinda different in that I would WANT to hear.

I would never let what someone said break up a relationship, but I would like the chance to hear what they think is going down, if even to be able to laugh at the notion.

I would be PISSED if someone I knew said to me AFTER the fact they thought this and that....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

DO you tell her?

I would never let what someone said break up a relationship, but I would like the chance to hear what they think is going down, if even to be able to laugh at the notion.

I would be PISSED if someone I knew said to me AFTER the fact they thought this and that....

I see what you mean. I would want to hear it but only from people that are a part of my life. I wouldn't want my co-worker who has seen my spouse all of 2 times tell me what they think about my relationship but I would want my friend or family member that has actually been around us and is actively involved in my life to tell me their suspicions. It all comes down to the source of the info for me.

Timeline

DO you tell her?

right, at that point shut up!!

DO you tell her?

I see what you mean. I would want to hear it but only from people that are a part of my life. I wouldn't want my co-worker who has seen my spouse all of 2 times tell me what they think about my relationship but I would want my friend or family member that has actually been around us and is actively involved in my life to tell me their suspicions. It all comes down to the source of the info for me.

right, because what do they know.

Timeline

DO you tell her?

Exactly. I had someone tell me something my BF said and did 6 months before we broke up. He said, oh, I knew you guys were going to break up cause he did this and said that way back in July. I was like ####### didn't you tell me?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

?????

has anyone lost friendships because of your relationships.

for either reason because they thought your s/o wasn't going to make u happy, he was using you or because you were happy??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
?????

for either reason because they thought your s/o wasn't going to make u happy, he was using you or because you were happy??

When I was with my daughter's sperm donor (wink) I lost so many friendships. That was my fault. I let him isolate me. But they were my real friends and I got them all back. They just couldnt stand there and watch me life go down the tubes....

I think I have an agreement with all my close girlfriends... if our man is messing around and we know it - we tell. And always give our honest opnion about boyfriends, husbands whatever.... I have known my 3 best friend since kindergarten!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
?????

Nope.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
?????

When I was with my daughter's sperm donor (wink) I lost so many friendships. That was my fault. I let him isolate me. But they were my real friends and I got them all back. They just couldnt stand there and watch me life go down the tubes....

I think I have an agreement with all my close girlfriends... if our man is messing around and we know it - we tell. And always give our honest opnion about boyfriends, husbands whatever.... I have known my 3 best friend since kindergarten!

i did that in a previous relationship, but it got me closer to his family and now he hates it, because we are no longer together and his family still loves me. they invite me everywhere, my son calls his mother grandma and his sister is my daughther's godmother.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.