Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
MAWNIN English...I really am getting sick of working in D.C. Have you ever been to Red Apple?

Noooo.....is it a restaurant????

I wish I could work some of your days for you lol.....right now I feel like a fish out of water, there's just NOTHING to do around here!!!

I am going to see Jill Scott next week, she's my matey :whistle: My husband LOVES her!

No girl, not a restaurant. It's a jamaican/international grocery strore, but dem TIEFFFFFF. Prices are crazy. Got caught in a motorcade today and it was not fun. 10 FRIGIN minutes.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Lita u know me and husband used to fight when were separated not that we don't now..but what i did by the advice of a friends mother..she seh wah is the sense oonuh a go talk everyday and cuss waste of money...So u know what i did stopped calling everyday all thru the day..and u know it helped..maybe u need to back off a little..maybe just send the emails and texts and so but limit the phone talk it brings frustration of missing each other so near but yet so far kinda thing...hope it works out

so i had a salad with turkey today plus some baby carrot with ranch dressing and all i've been wanting is water...everytime i see water i wanna be in it.. :lol::yes:

I agree with Kimmie on this one. I had the same problem with Mike only the other way around. I was the one complaining. We would talk everyday, sometimes twice a day and after the second visit in October, I started to miss him so much more and would tell him how I felt but he would not reciprocate. He would be silent and I always asked if I am talking to the phone and wasting money. He always says "telling you I miss you and all that is not gonna change the fact that we can't be together right now. I know how you feel and you know how I feel. Talking about it is not the solution right now, because when we get off the phone, it's not gonna change." The more I heard that the angrier I became and then I decided to back off and not call him as much and would purposefully miss his calls. Now ehen we talk it is so fullfilling and we have so much more to talk about. We now talk maybe 2-3 times a week and I am better able to handle the separation.

Lita, I also think you should try backing off a little. Some men are die-hard romantics and like to hear sweet nuiances in their ears. I think also Evan is missing his baby and needs to hears those things to re-affirm your love for him. :luv::luv:

Just my $0.20.

Now ge me back me change :lol::lol::lol:

I hear what you all are saying and it makes lots of sense to ME. I just can't help but wonder if it will work in this situation. If Evan is already sort of saying she is neglecting him, will talking to him less, make him feel any better?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I actually went back and tried to see where I offended you and i'm not seeing it. I can read what i want, but I won't bother with answering them and i'm thinking u have a problem with me because I have zero with you and if you thought I did, you could have used the PM function, but it's all good.

I think sometimes through the internet the 'wrong' message can be derived from normal conversation.....I never detected attitude, or saw anything that I could construe as such though.....

Yuh hear nutting bout Mr JENgles and di scrap yawd?

right back to the regularly scheduled programming....

he's another one that got my head hot last night, he hasn't gotten his passport yet, because he lost his j.a. liscense he's need a ride to get into town...u twin has a taxi...maybe it's just me. him a shop round junkyards today...shouldn't this have been done before...yuh see wah mi a deal wid?

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Timeline
I actually went back and tried to see where I offended you and i'm not seeing it. I can read what i want, but I won't bother with answering them and i'm thinking u have a problem with me because I have zero with you and if you thought I did, you could have used the PM function, but it's all good.

I think sometimes through the internet the 'wrong' message can be derived from normal conversation.....I never detected attitude, or saw anything that I could construe as such though.....

he's another one that got my head hot last night, he hasn't gotten his passport yet, because he lost his j.a. liscense he's need a ride to get into town...u twin has a taxi...maybe it's just me. him a shop round junkyards today...shouldn't this have been done before...yuh see wah mi a deal wid?

Ohhhh JENGS here is a ((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))...but please mi a beg u. go easy pon the stressing

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Lita u know me and husband used to fight when were separated not that we don't now..but what i did by the advice of a friends mother..she seh wah is the sense oonuh a go talk everyday and cuss waste of money...So u know what i did stopped calling everyday all thru the day..and u know it helped..maybe u need to back off a little..maybe just send the emails and texts and so but limit the phone talk it brings frustration of missing each other so near but yet so far kinda thing...hope it works out

so i had a salad with turkey today plus some baby carrot with ranch dressing and all i've been wanting is water...everytime i see water i wanna be in it.. :lol::yes:

I agree with Kimmie on this one. I had the same problem with Mike only the other way around. I was the one complaining. We would talk everyday, sometimes twice a day and after the second visit in October, I started to miss him so much more and would tell him how I felt but he would not reciprocate. He would be silent and I always asked if I am talking to the phone and wasting money. He always says "telling you I miss you and all that is not gonna change the fact that we can't be together right now. I know how you feel and you know how I feel. Talking about it is not the solution right now, because when we get off the phone, it's not gonna change." The more I heard that the angrier I became and then I decided to back off and not call him as much and would purposefully miss his calls. Now ehen we talk it is so fullfilling and we have so much more to talk about. We now talk maybe 2-3 times a week and I am better able to handle the separation.

Lita, I also think you should try backing off a little. Some men are die-hard romantics and like to hear sweet nuiances in their ears. I think also Evan is missing his baby and needs to hears those things to re-affirm your love for him. :luv::luv:

Just my $0.20.

Now ge me back me change :lol::lol::lol:

I hear what you all are saying and it makes lots of sense to ME. I just can't help but wonder if it will work in this situation. If Evan is already sort of saying she is neglecting him, will talking to him less, make him feel any better?

right, which is why I suggested she ask him specifically how to improve, but they do seem to do a lot in the communication department

Timeline
good idea,

i'm about to file a grievance against my child, i just don't understand how he can bounce into tables that are two feet away from him and knock everyting over. its like he has a wind that follows him *cha*

If there is an area that I know something about and I can help someone step in the right direction, then I will do it - I won't apologize for the fact that I work in the legal field - I fought long and hard to get where I am in my career - I also won't apologize for the fact that I fell in love with a man from another country or that I post here, even though we haven't made a decision as a couple how we are going to proceed as of yet. I am not quite sure what your problem is or why you continually take an attitude with my posts - But if you don't like them, don't read them -

Morning everyone

What is this about Sus? I think I am missing something.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ohhhh JENGS here is a ((((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))...but please mi a beg u. go easy pon the stressing

girl i made two phone calls last night and the second one was to cuss...but i told him i wasn't spending over $200.00 for the return trip so me done.

good idea,

i'm about to file a grievance against my child, i just don't understand how he can bounce into tables that are two feet away from him and knock everyting over. its like he has a wind that follows him *cha*

If there is an area that I know something about and I can help someone step in the right direction, then I will do it - I won't apologize for the fact that I work in the legal field - I fought long and hard to get where I am in my career - I also won't apologize for the fact that I fell in love with a man from another country or that I post here, even though we haven't made a decision as a couple how we are going to proceed as of yet. I am not quite sure what your problem is or why you continually take an attitude with my posts - But if you don't like them, don't read them -

Morning everyone

What is this about Sus? I think I am missing something.

You and me both

Timeline

WHAT??? i thought he got his passport already???? it seems like he just keeps going around in cricles.....hang in there i am sure you are very frustrated.....

Timeline

Sorry if I misinterpreted it, but there have been several comments that you made after posts of mine that came across as heavy sarcasm, and just seemed out of order, so I spoke up about it. Since the posts were here, then I chose to address them here. It could be just that I am being overly sensitive due to stress, but that's how I felt - if I took it wrong, then I apologize.

don't worry yourself

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
YES!!!!! MI waan fi hear deh answer tuh dis...cause all hell is about to set loose inna fi mi family when dem here wat mi a guh duh! IT'S GOT 'STELLA' ALL OVER IT.... ...But only Ken and I know it's NOT!!

Bless,Gill

MAWIN GILL...don't worry -- You a nu di only STELLA.... we really need to link up, have a good drink and eeehhhhh labrish on.

Do I understand this correct (sorry my Jamaican patois is not that good LOL).. Your fam doesnt know your getting married?

I sorta kept it a secret too .. although my mom and aunt came to St Lucia to meet Louis. I didnt tell them till I got the K1 paperwork ready.

My mom was always a B when it came to my men... she Loves Louis so she wasnt surprised when she found out what was happening... I can't beleive I talk about wedding plans with my mom! Its amazing.

I am sure your family will Love him as you do.. they will know it is the real thing!!!

Irie,

Please SPRINKLE some NOA2 dust on this thread for me also. Thanks sweetie.

************* SPRINKLE SPRINKLE SPRINKLE ***************

:energetic: :energetic: :energetic: :thumbs:

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Morning Yardie Sistas!!!!! :ot:

I read in the one of the JA newspapers yesterday about two little bwoy pickneys that got on a bus after school heading to MoBay.

They made it to MoBay and got off near the airport. These little bwoy pickneys are 6 & 7. They followed the sounds of the planes and walked in that direction.

After finding Dead End, the climbed over a cement wall and other obstacles and made it to the runway.

The wind from the planes taking off had knocked them to the tarmack twice before the airport authorities got to them.

They told the authorities that they.......GET THIS.....wanted to travel abroad.

Shame on those little pickneys....... :devil:

Peace & Love,

Tonya

I've been there. That plane propulsion nearly knocked my youngest niece into the ocean there. They are lucky they did not get hurt.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I read in the one of the JA newspapers yesterday about two little bwoy pickneys that got on a bus after school heading to MoBay.

They made it to MoBay and got off near the airport. These little bwoy pickneys are 6 & 7. They followed the sounds of the planes and walked in that direction.

After finding Dead End, the climbed over a cement wall and other obstacles and made it to the runway.

The wind from the planes taking off had knocked them to the tarmack twice before the airport authorities got to them.

Peace & Love,

Tonya

OMG....they let that happen again. I thought there was a fence of something to prevent that. I thought they made the fence higher or something. They could have been hurt. In 1979 when we went to leave Jamaica to fly to D.C. my brother (then 7 years old) decides he did not want to get on the plane (you had to walk up the steps) back then to get on the plane. He runs under the plane and the guards had to go after him. My mother nearly killed him once they got him on the plane. Damn...... I even remember what I ate, wore and drank on that day. When the lady asked me if I wanted a COKE to drink. I asked her, WAH NAME SO? Back in those days, I only knew Pepsi. And I flew up on Eastern Airlines. Seems just like yesterday.

The fence is higher and there is barbed wire on the top. The problem is where you walk over the swampy area to get to the beach, there are holes torn in the fence where it's rusted out a bit. Instead of fixing that, they just threw these bales of barbed wire in front of it. With a big stick (or the poles laying around) you can move it over enough to crawl through.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Rhonda news..............

She goes to back next week (the 13th). So, we'll be hearing from her again soon and maybe see some pictures!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Lawny, yes mi memba mi seet now, we go to a grocery store in Silver Spring just a block down from there...Can't remember the name right now, but they seem FAIRLY reasonable....Where do you do your grocery shopping???

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Peace & Love,

Tonya

Do you remember the story about the boy (in the US) who ran away from home? It was a year or so ago - I think he was around 11, and made it (on connecting flights) from washington to Texas or something like that - He wanted to see his grandpa - How did this child manage to book, pay for, board, etc... not one but TWO planes by himself, and no one thought it was suspicious?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.