Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey JG~ Was it you who said they take Zyrtec for allergies? I am gonna try taking the pills cause my allergies are killing me but I was wondering if you had any side effects? Think I should wait til the weekend to try just in case it messes me up? I am always so nervous taking new meds.

Zyrtec made me sleepy - Have you ever tried a Neti pot? I have really really bad sinus problems - I have taken just about every pill you can - My allergist recommended using the neti pot - I swear, I am so much better - I use it daily, plus use saline spray -

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

I had constant sinus problems to the point where my doc wanted to do the sinus surgery (sorta like jab an ice pick around in there - NO THANKS!!!) so I started going to a chiropractor. I go about every 6-8 weeks and haven't had a sinus infection in 5 years.

the chiropractor i used to go to did stuff for sinuses...and couple people that had it done said it worked wonders and was great!!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey JG~ Was it you who said they take Zyrtec for allergies? I am gonna try taking the pills cause my allergies are killing me but I was wondering if you had any side effects? Think I should wait til the weekend to try just in case it messes me up? I am always so nervous taking new meds.

Zyrtec made me sleepy - Have you ever tried a Neti pot? I have really really bad sinus problems - I have taken just about every pill you can - My allergist recommended using the neti pot - I swear, I am so much better - I use it daily, plus use saline spray -

I saw that thing on Oprah one day. It makes me cringe to think about using it. I suppose if it really works, I should just be more open minded about it. I just don't know, though.

Holy ####### I just watched a clip on Youtube and while I couldn't hear the sounds just see the images alone :help: I am suppose to be getting injections but I am deadly afraid of injections and needles so that is a definite no go for me :no: I will definitely have to think about this neti pot thing...all that I have read seems positive.

I will if you will JG ;)

so jamie how will you ever have a baby??? all the needles they stick you with to get blood....just don't look when they jab you...

:lol: I have already come to terms with the fact that when the time comes to have a baby I am just gonna have to get over it :blush: Since you can't drink when pregnant there goes my regular method of dealing with shots :lol:

Filed: Timeline

I had constant sinus problems to the point where my doc wanted to do the sinus surgery (sorta like jab an ice pick around in there - NO THANKS!!!) so I started going to a chiropractor. I go about every 6-8 weeks and haven't had a sinus infection in 5 years.

the chiropractor i used to go to did stuff for sinuses...and couple people that had it done said it worked wonders and was great!!

I tried acupunture and now I don't sound like Barry White anymore.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Lawny

mi learn early...there are a few ppl i will express myself to..cause dem do the same..watch out fi the one dem wah just want hear and have nothing to say..dats all mi a seh

Is mi Kimmy a chat bout!!!

Mi sey mi nah go name de names dem! :lol:

Lawny

mi learn early...there are a few ppl i will express myself to..cause dem do the same..watch out fi the one dem wah just want hear and have nothing to say..dats all mi a seh

Is mi Kimmy a chat bout!!!

Mi sey mi nah go name de names dem! :lol:

JENGS...u always a CHAT so a no u

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I was just paging through some posts and the part about the passport pictures caught my eye - what's the deal with renewing the passport? Should I tell me fiance to renew his passport before he leaves Jamaica. I believe he said his was good for another two years.

Thanks!

Well here is what I know so far............

I downloaded a form from the NY JA consulate. We have to send it back to them, along with something like $90, and any documentation they ask for, and they will send it on to JA. JA will then send it back to us through the consulate. You need 2 passport style pictures and that is where Mindy is having the trouble. Right now, she is over 2 months waiting for the passport. When it comes, it will be a machine readable one.

If it were me, and you could renew it in JA, I would do it in JA. It's got to be easier then all this.

We had intended on going back to JA and him renewing it then; but since that isn't going to happen before it expires, it has to be this way. Wish we had done it before he left 2 years ago.

I saw that thing on Oprah one day. It makes me cringe to think about using it. I suppose if it really works, I should just be more open minded about it. I just don't know, though.

Holy ####### I just watched a clip on Youtube and while I couldn't hear the sounds just see the images alone :help: I am suppose to be getting injections but I am deadly afraid of injections and needles so that is a definite no go for me :no: I will definitely have to think about this neti pot thing...all that I have read seems positive.

I will if you will JG ;)

You better go first, cause I have my fingers crossed behind my back!

I'd rather get a shot. I don't like things going up my nose!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

I was just paging through some posts and the part about the passport pictures caught my eye - what's the deal with renewing the passport? Should I tell me fiance to renew his passport before he leaves Jamaica. I believe he said his was good for another two years.

Thanks!

I downloaded a form from the NY JA consulate. We have to send it back to them, along with something like $90, and any documentation they ask for, and they will send it on to JA. JA will then send it back to us through the consulate. You need 2 passport style pictures and that is where Mindy is having the trouble. Right now, she is over 2 months waiting for the passport. When it comes, it will be a machine readable one.

If it were me, and you could renew it in JA, I would do it in JA. It's got to be easier then all this.

We had intended on going back to JA and him renewing it then; but since that isn't going to happen before it expires, it has to be this way. Wish we had done it before he left 2 years ago.

Can the JA embassy in DC provide any information?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mindy is having a hell of a time with renewing Roy's passport. They have sent 2 different sets of pictures in via NY consulate and both have been returned from JA as not the right pictures......Walgreens & Wal-Mart. The word is they have to go to The Picture People and have them make high resolution pictures. Something about JA and the high rate of fraud.

Anyhow, to hear her tell it, is giving me a headache today. She's been trying to renew for the last 2 months.

We need to renew Andre's by the end of the year. Now, I'm worried.

DYAM DYAM DYAM!!! :blink: Ken's Passport expires in January 09!!!!! :unsure: Great...someting else fi look forward too!!!! :wacko:

All I can do is...:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bless, Gill

Well, Mindy is doing it now. Once I learn what to avoid from her mistakes, hopefully, I'll have a smoother time later this year.....maybe summer. By the time you send for Ken's, we should be experts on what NOT to do.

I helped Anthony's father do the paperwork to renew his passport 2 years ago and he drove all over the place trying to get just the right photo. The Picture People are the only ones they would accept, even though I couldn't tell the difference between their's and Sears! Just hit them first - don't waste your time with anyone else.

I think it is some sort of conspiracy.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Thanks!

You can find out information on all the embassy web sites.....D.C., NY, Miami, and Chicago. But you can only use one to send off for the passport. If you send it to the others, they will just forward it on to......and I want to say NY; but now you have me wondering if I should be saying D.C. The info. is at home right now. When I do send it off, I will tell you exactly what I did and if it works for clarification.

No one can provide any information from a live person. Mindy's been calling for weeks, leaving messages and never getting any responses. I think she finally got an e-mail response after about 10 tries.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Serious?!?

Yes girl. That was 11 years ago. My voice was VERY VERY deep. Men thought it was sexy, but I hated it. So, I went to this Chinese doctor whose wife specialized in acupunture and that was it. My voice is still a little deep, but nothing like before and I was able to breathe better and no more sinus infections. I think I spent $125 for the treatments.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Serious?!?

I snorted Diet Coke out of my nose on that comment. But then, I usually do when you write, Tre.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the constant comic relief. You make my day all the time!

Where exactly do the chiropractors and acupuncturists work on you to relieve sinus problems?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Thanks!

You can find out information on all the embassy web sites.....D.C., NY, Miami, and Chicago. But you can only use one to send off for the passport. If you send it to the others, they will just forward it on to......and I want to say NY; but now you have me wondering if I should be saying D.C. The info. is at home right now. When I do send it off, I will tell you exactly what I did and if it works for clarification.

No one can provide any information from a live person. Mindy's been calling for weeks, leaving messages and never getting any responses. I think she finally got an e-mail response after about 10 tries.

JG --

I'm going to get someone at my job to call the Jamaican embassy here in DC. It's up the street from where I work. I would call myself, but me and them don't agree. They don't have any FRIGGIN manners. Like I was begging them anything a few months ago. I was just trying to get information on sending a body back home home and getting an expedited passport. The woman was so rude and I could not hold it, so I cussed her out infront of her supervisor who was much of a bigger EDIATTTTTTTT. The entire time, my friend was standing there in tears. His father had died a few days earlier and this woman was rude to him so we went up there. If you find out anything, please let me know.

Serious?!?

I snorted Diet Coke out of my nose on that comment. But then, I usually do when you write, Tre.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for the constant comic relief. You make my day all the time!

Where exactly do the chiropractors and acupuncturists work on you to relieve sinus problems?

the pins where in my face and behind my ears and below my chin I think. She even put some in my hands. All I know is that it worked. I was also having lower back pain and she used these FLAT stones (they were black and smooth) and they were HEATED...I felt so damn good I wanted to marry the woman.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

I will if you will JG ;)

:lol: but think how much money you would save!

the pins where in my face and behind my ears and below my chin I think. She even put some in my hands. All I know is that it worked. I was also having lower back pain and she used these FLAT stones (they were black and smooth) and they were HEATED...I felt so damn good I wanted to marry the woman.

That sounds WONDERFUL! I have back probs as well...so what kind of doc was she?

I will if you will JG ;)

:lol: but think how much money you would save!

That sounds WONDERFUL! I have back probs as well...so what kind of doc was she?

I don't think she's a doctor. She's an acunpunturist and a physical therapist...but she uses Chinese medicine. Let me also tell you this, she gave me some tea to drink, I had to fit into a bridesmaid dress and it was just a little snug and I had 7 days before the wedding. I don't know what it is, but I lost 10 pounds in those 5 days and I was eating 3 meals a day and not exercising. As soon as I ate and had to go. I never tried it again, I was too scared.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.