Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I believe it too, Jengles. But, how many of us have our passport pictures taken at Walgreens? I don't understand what is so terrible about them and what the difference really is, except for the hassles involved.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I believe it too, Jengles. But, how many of us have our passport pictures taken at Walgreens? I don't understand what is so terrible about them and what the difference really is, except for the hassles involved.

IT'S ALWAys something..mek mi sick..!!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mindy is having a hell of a time with renewing Roy's passport. They have sent 2 different sets of pictures in via NY consulate and both have been returned from JA as not the right pictures......Walgreens & Wal-Mart. The word is they have to go to The Picture People and have them make high resolution pictures. Something about JA and the high rate of fraud.

Anyhow, to hear her tell it, is giving me a headache today. She's been trying to renew for the last 2 months.

We need to renew Andre's by the end of the year. Now, I'm worried.

That is so messed up! So what happens if you don't have a Picture People in your area?

Timeline
Ladies, ever see something in your children and u know they got it from you?? little miss has zero patience, and i have to take responsibilty for that :whistle::whistle:

yes !! oh yes !!..my daughte says whatever is on her mind...I wake up in the morning she's in MY bed..sh ecome wid her brite elf.."mommy ewww, ur mouth" couldn't do nuttin but laugh

:rofl: That is why I am praying for all boys :yes::lol:

Oh my gosh, you guys have filled almost 40 pages since Thursday!!! There's no way I'm going to catch up. I'm really busy at work today. Just wanted to check in and say hello and hope everyone had a Happy Easter (F)

I'm posting a pic of Monique in her little Easter dress :luv:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Timeline

Hey JG~ Was it you who said they take Zyrtec for allergies? I am gonna try taking the pills cause my allergies are killing me but I was wondering if you had any side effects? Think I should wait til the weekend to try just in case it messes me up? I am always so nervous taking new meds.

Timeline
lawny,

for the most part i speak my mind..but some ppl act like dem life perfect..everybody here must know mine not perfect by now...it's not the worse but wi no perfect..

Show mi the "man" with a perfect relationship and i'll show u'll a liar..so mi lef sometings more time..

by di way mi a go lef dis yah thread tuh cause ppl a ignore mi...baxide..Jengs weh u deh, Gilli mi si yuh earlier..lawny yea ! i guess that's my click :whistle:

oonuh don't falla mi yaaw mi head a go !!

Oh KimKim you say it so perfectly! :thumbs:

Lawny I know you didn't direct it at me but let me just say this...there is a whole lot of sh!t that goes on behind the scenes. A TON to be more precise - if you have noticed there has been a lot of people leaving the thread - this is precisely why. I wouldn't have a problem giving out personal details and sharing my life if I knew that people on here were genuine and truly my friends. To hear about the stuff that is being said about you and your relationship behind your back by your so called "yardie family" well it gets old and it's sad and immature. I guess I am just sick of giving fodder to those that like to call, email or PM others to mock, ridicule or demean me and others and what we choose to share. So I am choosing not to share anymore - as have many others. Those that are truly my friends keep in contact with me by other means and know what is going on in my life, it is as simple as that. Karma is a b!tch and to those people that don't think word is out that you are full of sh!t...well sorry but the jig is up. No need to name names...we all know who you are.

Yeah I notice that some people don't share but like to ask questions and poke, i try and keep those people at arms length. I just want to learn and poke fun and Kimmy and Lawny (because they can take my jokes). I feel if i can help someone that will help mi prosper.

I agree :thumbs: There are definitely people who are here just to cause trouble. I love chatting with you all everyday. My patois is getting really good :yes: and I love to run the jokes as well...I am just more cautious than before.

Timeline
Oh my gosh, you guys have filled almost 40 pages since Thursday!!! There's no way I'm going to catch up. I'm really busy at work today. Just wanted to check in and say hello and hope everyone had a Happy Easter (F)

aaww she looks SO cute in purple!!!!

Timeline
Hey JG~ Was it you who said they take Zyrtec for allergies? I am gonna try taking the pills cause my allergies are killing me but I was wondering if you had any side effects? Think I should wait til the weekend to try just in case it messes me up? I am always so nervous taking new meds.

Zyrtec made me sleepy - Have you ever tried a Neti pot? I have really really bad sinus problems - I have taken just about every pill you can - My allergist recommended using the neti pot - I swear, I am so much better - I use it daily, plus use saline spray -

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline

aaww she looks SO cute in purple!!!!

She is sooooo cute :luv: From the pics it looks like she doesn't have very much hair...is that the case?

Timeline

Zyrtec made me sleepy - Have you ever tried a Neti pot? I have really really bad sinus problems - I have taken just about every pill you can - My allergist recommended using the neti pot - I swear, I am so much better - I use it daily, plus use saline spray -

Wow that is really interesting. I will have to look into doing that. I have taken tons of pills and nothing seems to work all that well. Thanks for the info :)

Timeline
Mindy is having a hell of a time with renewing Roy's passport. They have sent 2 different sets of pictures in via NY consulate and both have been returned from JA as not the right pictures......Walgreens & Wal-Mart. The word is they have to go to The Picture People and have them make high resolution pictures. Something about JA and the high rate of fraud.

Anyhow, to hear her tell it, is giving me a headache today. She's been trying to renew for the last 2 months.

We need to renew Andre's by the end of the year. Now, I'm worried.

That is so messed up! So what happens if you don't have a Picture People in your area?

That I don't know. But, we are about to find out cause Mindy said they don't have one near her. Luckily, for me, we have one at a nearby mall. She said the consulate suggested the picture people or find a photographer that uses high resolution.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I do take Zyrtec every day. I take them in the morning without any side effects. If you go to Wal-mart, they had a 45 day supply of generic Zyrtec for something like $18. Beat the hell out of my co-pay when they were prescription.....$45 a month.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

I saw that thing on Oprah one day. It makes me cringe to think about using it. I suppose if it really works, I should just be more open minded about it. I just don't know, though.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.