Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning Yardies (F)

Lawny I am so sorry to hear about your loss. She sounded like a strong woman of faith and I am sure she will be greatly missed by many. As hard as it is take comfort knowing that she is now with our heavenly Father enjoying the blessings :luv:

Edited by Yardiewife

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Everyone!!

Lawny, where u at?? Feeling better??

Mi dehyah...my mom best friend of 46 years died. She went to the hospital complaining of a head ache and she coded and was placed on a ventilator. Nothing was wrong with her. Not a thing. I spoke to her for the last 3 days, becuase I was putting a trip together for her and some of her friends. JENGS I know you've warned me about STRESS and I'm telling you my mom and I think that she was so stressed out that her body couldn't take the emotional load anymore. We picked up her family at the airport and we all stood there when they turned off the machine.

Let me tell you...when this woman would pray (she's part of my mom's prayer circle) which they've had for 15 years. When she prays, IT CAN MOVE MOUNTAIN. If her words don't move you, it will make you jump up to your feet. I use to joke with her and tell her we didn't want her to bless the food becaue we would all starve to death by the time she finish her prayer. You could feel the STRENGTH in her words when she would say a prayer.

You know sometimes it just better to let things go, even though it may hurt like hell, we can't solve all problems and not everything can be worked out. My heart goes out to her family and your mother.

Thanks girl. And I agree. I took me years to learn to let things go. As my grandmother would say, Let go and Let God.

true dat, but sometimes we tink God is taking too long and he needs a little help.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

Have a great day Sunny :)

I agree with them staying at home does usually cause a problem..they get bored...especially if they worked all their lives. I don't like to speak personally here either cause ppl like to judge and thats why i usually dopn't participate in such topics. but adjustment is a tough time and shouldn't be taken lightly

I agree with every single word of this post :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

I agree with them staying at home does usually cause a problem..they get bored...especially if they worked all their lives. I don't like to speak personally here either cause ppl like to judge and thats why i usually dopn't participate in such topics. but adjustment is a tough time and shouldn't be taken lightly

Kimmy --

WAH MEK!...mi luv it when u chat wah u wah seh...mi luv it when everi badi seh wah dem wah seh...a farum dis n if u caan seh it yahso weh u fi seh it den...mi did think seh a wah di place fah...so run it...seh wah u wah seh...besides unu always a kill mi wid joke...no mek no badi tek weh u VIBES my girl...run it.

YARDIE -- To cure my HEAT I had a double shot of EXPRESSO this morning for Starbucks and I think I'm going to lose my mind. I don't know how the hell people drink that everyday.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
YARDIE -- To cure my HEAT I had a double shot of EXPRESSO this morning for Starbucks and I think I'm going to lose my mind. I don't know how the hell people drink that everyday.

:lol: I can't stand the taste of coffee but I know what you mean about the caffeine thing. All I have to do is take a couple sips of an energy drink and I go crazy. I can't handle the caffeine at all. So did it cure your heat?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning Yardies,

How is everyone today?

Lawny, I am so sorry for your loss. I, too think that stress is underrated...it can do some serious damage to your body & mind! I TRY to keep it in check...but these days it can be hard!

Like right now I feel my blood pressure creeping up! Ken just called me...he was suppose to go for his driving test today! We have paid the $$ and this woman said bring a car and drive fuh a likkle bit...presto whamo we give you a receipt and you should be able to pick up your license before you leave!

Hmmmm, what was it that JG said about best laid plans.... So, he goes down there and this man calls Ken and give him a book to read! Ok, after we paid the $$ we were suppose to be able to skip this part! Ken tells the man he is confused and the man tells Ken to come back on...APRIL 24th!!! :angry::angry: Mi jus tell Ken look yuh haffi guh pressure deh people yuh pay deh $$ tuh! Mek dem knoa seh yuh knoa pay yuh HARD-EARNED dollas fi dis phockery!!

Is deh same ting we JUS talking bout!!! I KNOW my man...anyhow Ken come hup here widhout em license...fi jus siddung...Bwoy, is pure misery mi in fuh!!

Ladies, that have filed before me...is this how it goes...2 days of joy...then back inna deh crosses agen??? Constant struggle!? Well, Ken ave a saying"Not heveryday deh seas are rough...wan day wan day deh seas MUS calm!!! Lawd, when is DAT day!?

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Yardies,

How is everyone today?

Lawny, I am so sorry for your loss. I, too think that stress is underrated...it can do some serious damage to your body & mind! I TRY to keep it in check...but these days it can be hard!

Like right now I feel my blood pressure creeping up! Ken just called me...he was suppose to go for his driving test today! We have paid the $$ and this woman said bring a car and drive fuh a likkle bit...presto whamo we give you a receipt and you should be able to pick up your license before you leave!

Hmmmm, what was it that JG said about best laid plans.... So, he goes down there and this man calls Ken and give him a book to read! Ok, after we paid the $$ we were suppose to be able to skip this part! Ken tells the man he is confused and the man tells Ken to come back on...APRIL 24th!!! :angry::angry: Mi jus tell Ken look yuh haffi guh pressure deh people yuh pay deh $$ tuh! Mek dem knoa seh yuh knoa pay yuh HARD-EARNED dollas fi dis phockery!!

Is deh same ting we JUS talking bout!!! I KNOW my man...anyhow Ken come hup here widhout em license...fi jus siddung...Bwoy, is pure misery mi in fuh!!

Ladies, that have filed before me...is this how it goes...2 days of joy...then back inna deh crosses agen??? Constant struggle!? Well, Ken ave a saying"Not heveryday deh seas are rough...wan day wan day deh seas MUS calm!!! Lawd, when is DAT day!?

Bless,

Gill

ooohhh Gill....when things happend like this with mike i would be so close to driving myself to the looney bin....i remember when mike had to go drop off the co-sponser papers(this was before you had to schedule another day)and the embassy decided to not let anyone else in or something like that....and i was sssoo pissed(already bought him a plane ticket)and told him he needed to tell them what the deal was...that he just needed to drop of papers...and he just didn't want to pleed his case....i remember i was SO mad.....so i know how you feel...just try to calm down a likkle bit and everything will work out...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Yardies,

How is everyone today?

Bless,

Gill

ooohhh Gill....when things happend like this with mike i would be so close to driving myself to the looney bin....i remember when mike had to go drop off the co-sponser papers(this was before you had to schedule another day)and the embassy decided to not let anyone else in or something like that....and i was sssoo pissed(already bought him a plane ticket)and told him he needed to tell them what the deal was...that he just needed to drop of papers...and he just didn't want to pleed his case....i remember i was SO mad.....so i know how you feel...just try to calm down a likkle bit and everything will work out...

Thanks Chica...I SO NEEDED TO HEAR THAT!!!!

Much love (L)(L)(L) ,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Mawning Yardies,

How is everyone today?

Bless,

Gill

I can totally relate. I think a lot of it comes down to the way things are dealt with in the different countries. We all know that JA is pretty laid back for the most part. Here in the states things seem to be more cutthroat and dog eat dog. You have to fight to be heard and to get things here. So I think it is engrained in us from the states to fight for what we want and be two steps ahead of the game where as in JA it is kinda the "go with the flow" philosophy.

I hope you get some calm days ahead of you...this whole immigration thing is one giant stress :wacko:

Edited by Yardiewife

Filed: Timeline
Mawning Yardies,

How is everyone today?

Bless,

Gill

Gill, this is just crazy. But, please mi a beg you calm down...all I need to hear now is you or any one of my sisters on here droping down. And why didn't Ken fuss with the the man. :angry: You have to fight for your MONEY especially in JAMAICA! Him need fi learn fi put dung him FOOT!...America is not EASY! So, im bettah start from yard. That is just pure (*#W$ #$ now mi bex...but girl please try STAY calm...

In October I dropped down at work from my EX driving me NUTS!...so mi a beg you again...try tek it easy.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

:whistle::whistle:

Kimmy --

WAH MEK!...mi luv it when u chat wah u wah seh...mi luv it when everi badi seh wah dem wah seh...a farum dis n if u caan seh it yahso weh u fi seh it den...mi did think seh a wah di place fah...so run it...seh wah u wah seh...besides unu always a kill mi wid joke...no mek no badi tek weh u VIBES my girl...run it.

OKKKK, so u went from being in heat to being hyper and in heat??? :whistle::whistle:

Kimmy --

Yuh know, sometimes patwah makes my eyes hurt :whistle::whistle:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lawny,

for the most part i speak my mind..but some ppl act like dem life perfect..everybody here must know mine not perfect by now...it's not the worse but wi no perfect..

Show mi the "man" with a perfect relationship and i'll show u'll a liar..so mi lef sometings more time..

by di way mi a go lef dis yah thread tuh cause ppl a ignore mi...baxide..Jengs weh u deh, Gilli mi si yuh earlier..lawny yea ! i guess that's my click :whistle:

oonuh don't falla mi yaaw mi head a go !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Mawning Yardies,

How is everyone today?

Bless,

Gill

Gill, this is just crazy. But, please mi a beg you calm down...all I need to hear now is you or any one of my sisters on here droping down. And why didn't Ken fuss with the the man. :angry: You have to fight for your MONEY especially in JAMAICA! Him need fi learn fi put dung him FOOT!...America is not EASY! So, im bettah start from yard. That is just pure (*#W$ #$ now mi bex...but girl please try STAY calm...

In October I dropped down at work from my EX driving me NUTS!...so mi a beg you again...try tek it easy.

I posted about the driving thing a while back, most people in j.a. just get a liscence by passing a reading test, some of them learn to drive after the get the liscence, maybe that is why the guy did that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:whistle::whistle:

Kimmy --

OKKKK, so u went from being in heat to being hyper and in heat??? :whistle::whistle:

Kimmy --

Yuh know, sometimes patwah makes my eyes hurt :whistle::whistle:

:rofl::rofl: wan nes JG deh bout

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
lawny,

for the most part i speak my mind..but some ppl act like dem life perfect..everybody here must know mine not perfect by now...it's not the worse but wi no perfect..

Show mi the "man" with a perfect relationship and i'll show u'll a liar..so mi lef sometings more time..

by di way mi a go lef dis yah thread tuh cause ppl a ignore mi...baxide..Jengs weh u deh, Gilli mi si yuh earlier..lawny yea ! i guess that's my click :whistle:

oonuh don't falla mi yaaw mi head a go !!

where do u live??? I'm coming to knock you down. lol bout u a leff the thread hahaha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.