Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin Yardies,

I'm back at work today and will be attending a training class. Have a great day and I'll catch up lata... :)

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot: I think I already know the answer too this but...

Can I try to file for Ken's SSN BEFORE he gets here? The whole getting his stamp to work, but no SSN is PISSING me off!! :angry:

Bless,Gill

This is the reason I went for the CR1 visa. Soc card recieved fast and green card to work. I wish it worked that way for the K-1. Settle down there is nothing you can do until he is here. Don't sweat the small things. You can get this right when he gets here. :)!!! All the best..

Fuh Real Jax...half-way into my wait...I realized the difference between K1 & CR1! I say it all the time...if I had to do it again...

But, for right here, right now...I am just grateful that we are over the first hurdle...getting him here! :D

Bless,

Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I agree with them staying at home does usually cause a problem..they get bored...especially if they worked all their lives. I don't like to speak personally here either cause ppl like to judge and thats why i usually dopn't participate in such topics. but adjustment is a tough time and shouldn't be taken lightly

Yes. I agree.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
I agree with them staying at home does usually cause a problem..they get bored...especially if they worked all their lives. I don't like to speak personally here either cause ppl like to judge and thats why i usually dopn't participate in such topics. but adjustment is a tough time and shouldn't be taken lightly

especially the freedom thing. Staying in the house is so true. Another thing that helped was a drivers licenses. Its a independence thing.

agree with the drivers licsense..and i know some states let people drive on their foreign liscense for a time.

it even got better when he got his own car. My bro was outraged because I bought him one. But how was he going to go to school and work. It was the best thing ever. The best thing that helped was that I was on this site for months before we made our journey and I listened to all the other vets who went through the transition. I took everyones experience and planned for our future. Everyone will adjust differently. It was great hearing everyones point of view back in the day.

especially the freedom thing. Staying in the house is so true. Another thing that helped was a drivers licenses. Its a independence thing.

Me and my family are surprising hubby with a bicycle when he arrives...does that count as a DL haha. i just think that having some sort of wheels will be good for him. My town is bike friendly.

any wheels will help. HD use to ride my bike. In IL he could drive on his JA licenses for 90 days.

Public transportation is underrated. I got Andre out and about on the bus system. Not only did he learn how to get where he needed to go, he explored the city along the way.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Adjustment is hard no matter how you look at it. So many things come up that you never expected. Even the best laid plans go differently then you thought they would. And, no matter how much you talk about things and you think they get it, they really don't until they experience it.

My advice is to just go with the flow and see where it takes you.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
Good Morning Everyone!!

Lawny, where u at?? Feeling better??

Mi dehyah...my mom best friend of 46 years died. She went to the hospital complaining of a head ache and she coded and was placed on a ventilator. Nothing was wrong with her. Not a thing. I spoke to her for the last 3 days, becuase I was putting a trip together for her and some of her friends. JENGS I know you've warned me about STRESS and I'm telling you my mom and I think that she was so stressed out that her body couldn't take the emotional load anymore. We picked up her family at the airport and we all stood there when they turned off the machine.

Let me tell you...when this woman would pray (she's part of my mom's prayer circle) which they've had for 15 years. When she prays, IT CAN MOVE MOUNTAIN. If her words don't move you, it will make you jump up to your feet. I use to joke with her and tell her we didn't want her to bless the food becaue we would all starve to death by the time she finish her prayer. You could feel the STRENGTH in her words when she would say a prayer.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Hello my VJ Yardie family!

Much love and hugs to ya!

Marlon and I are doing well, we are both working (way different hours) and I am still taking my MA classes. We had our AOS interview today and all is well. We are approved pending name/background check. The process was stress free and easy! PHEW! lol

I will come back on in a couple of days with updates and answers to the questions you will have!

HUGS and LOVE,

Sarah

Woo-hoo Congrats Sarah and Marlon! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Sarah....what did you do to get Hubby's SSN so fast?

Bless,Gill

Why thank you!

We had no problems getting it just before we were married.

Timeline
Congrats, NBESaw - glad things finally worked out.

Congrats on the niece, Auntie Tam - I want a little girl so badly - My sister has managed to have 5 BOYS - outta my cousins (we are all 3-4 years apart in age), there are 14 boys under the age of 10, and 1 little girl, who of course, lives in Texas! DJ has one child - of course, a BOY (I love him to death, though - he's adorable)

My friend had twins - girl and boy - I spoil them rotten, and constantly buy little girlie things for Sophie - for which my friend yells at me, but I tell her over and over that I am SICK of buying hockey stuff, I need to buy pink and frills!

Thanks sus!! :dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

Congrats, NBESaw - glad things finally worked out.

Congrats on the niece, Auntie Tam - I want a little girl so badly - My sister has managed to have 5 BOYS - outta my cousins (we are all 3-4 years apart in age), there are 14 boys under the age of 10, and 1 little girl, who of course, lives in Texas! DJ has one child - of course, a BOY (I love him to death, though - he's adorable)

My friend had twins - girl and boy - I spoil them rotten, and constantly buy little girlie things for Sophie - for which my friend yells at me, but I tell her over and over that I am SICK of buying hockey stuff, I need to buy pink and frills!

Thanks sus!! :dance:

NBESAW link mi in PM please

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
nbesaw - Congratulations on getting the good report!!!! God is good all the time!

Yes He is!! Thank you so much!

nbesaw - Congratulations on getting the good report!!!! God is good all the time!

Yes he is!! Congrats Nbes :dance::dance:

:dance: Thanks Sonshyne!! :dance:

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Began communicating with Andrew December 2006

Met Andrew in person in Jamaica: June 22, 2007

Got Engaged June 23, 2007

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-27

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-08-22

Went back to visit Jamaica November 22, 2007

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-12-23

NVC Received : 2007-12-31

NVC Left : 2008-01-01

Consulate Received : 2008-01-08

Packet 3 Received : 2008-01-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-01-18

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-07

Interview Date : 2008-03-11 @ 8:45am APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Visa Received : 2008-03-26

US Entry : Atlanta, Friday March 28!!!!

SSN Received: APril 24, 2008

Marriage : 2008-06-07

AOS Filed: 2008-06-26

Work Permit Photos Taken: 2008-06-22

Comments : Keep in touch via e-mail as much as possible. they always had answers for me at least by the next day.

Processing

I LOVE MY DREW BOO!!! Let the Countdown Begin...Thank you God!!!

Timeline

Morning all - I am at work, but really really don't want to be here!!!!!!!!! I have a sore throat and if I get sick again I will scream (well, maybe not since my throat hurts!)

Lawny, sorry for your loss

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Morning all - I am at work, but really really don't want to be here!!!!!!!!! I have a sore throat and if I get sick again I will scream (well, maybe not since my throat hurts!)

Lawny, sorry for your loss

Thanks sus. Love you MEEKs

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Everyone!!

Mi dehyah...my mom best friend of 46 years died. She went to the hospital complaining of a head ache and she coded and was placed on a ventilator. Nothing was wrong with her. Not a thing. I spoke to her for the last 3 days, becuase I was putting a trip together for her and some of her friends. JENGS I know you've warned me about STRESS and I'm telling you my mom and I think that she was so stressed out that her body couldn't take the emotional load anymore. We picked up her family at the airport and we all stood there when they turned off the machine.

Let me tell you...when this woman would pray (she's part of my mom's prayer circle) which they've had for 15 years. When she prays, IT CAN MOVE MOUNTAIN. If her words don't move you, it will make you jump up to your feet. I use to joke with her and tell her we didn't want her to bless the food becaue we would all starve to death by the time she finish her prayer. You could feel the STRENGTH in her words when she would say a prayer.

You know sometimes it just better to let things go, even though it may hurt like hell, we can't solve all problems and not everything can be worked out. My heart goes out to her family and your mother.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Adjustment is hard no matter how you look at it. So many things come up that you never expected. Even the best laid plans go differently then you thought they would. And, no matter how much you talk about things and you think they get it, they really don't until they experience it.

My advice is to just go with the flow and see where it takes you.

those are my thought exactly!!!! i think planning things out is a great idea...but ooohh how quickly things can change and are forgotten...

Good Morning Everyone!!

so sorry to hear that.... (F)

Good Morning Everyone!!

You know sometimes it just better to let things go, even though it may hurt like hell, we can't solve all problems and not everything can be worked out. My heart goes out to her family and your mother.

Thanks girl. And I agree. I took me years to learn to let things go. As my grandmother would say, Let go and Let God.

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.