Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Does anyone have any experience about a crewmen's visa's?? I friend of mine is married to someone who came off of a cruise ship. he was told that he could never get an AOS because of the type of Visa he had...but can he file an I-130. He is here and doesn't want to go home for her to file, because that could trigger a ban. He knows of someone who also came off his ship who has successfully gotten his greencard through marriage, so we know there is a way, just not sure how.

thanks

and Good Morning Everyone!!!

Jengles, if she is a USC, they can file an I-130 to adjust status - just make sure he doesn't leave the US before they are approved:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/A1.pdf

I am assuming that he legally entered the US due to his visa he had -

Morning, all!

Great, I'll give her the info, thanks for the response

Wah u a seh JENGS...my belly a kill mi and I have the chills and I'm at work :crying::crying::crying:

and why are u at work???? hoping to spread the germs??

Wanted to stay home, but the house is being painted for the new tenants. So, I'm here until noon. I'll go over my parents house a nd take a nap. No germs...I think it's a stomach bug or something. My son is throwing up and has the runs(sorry). I hoping this is a 24-hour bug or something.

I hope so too, but look at the bright side, you will lose a few lbs.

Thanks Sus and JENGS...last time I had the bug I lost 12 pounds in 8 days. I was so weak though.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm....kind of scary to think he could be handling our papers :whistle:

http://www.jamaicagleaner.com/gleaner/2008...news/news6.html

Un real...

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

but how did he come in contact with her?

Does anyone have any experience about a crewmen's visa's?? I friend of mine is married to someone who came off of a cruise ship. he was told that he could never get an AOS because of the type of Visa he had...but can he file an I-130. He is here and doesn't want to go home for her to file, because that could trigger a ban. He knows of someone who also came off his ship who has successfully gotten his greencard through marriage, so we know there is a way, just not sure how.

thanks

Jengles, if she is a USC, they can file an I-130 to adjust status - just make sure he doesn't leave the US before they are approved:

Morning, all!

Wah u a seh JENGS...my belly a kill mi and I have the chills and I'm at work :crying::crying::crying:

Wanted to stay home, but the house is being painted for the new tenants. So, I'm here until noon. I'll go over my parents house a nd take a nap. No germs...I think it's a stomach bug or something. My son is throwing up and has the runs(sorry). I hoping this is a 24-hour bug or something.

Thanks Sus and JENGS...last time I had the bug I lost 12 pounds in 8 days. I was so weak though.

see I always knew u were full of ....., lol

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ladies, hope you had a wonderful Easter. I'm so relieved today, I finally mailed the I-129F application, now its all in God's hands. Just praying for a speedy process. I have a timeline now too :)

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi ladies, hope you had a wonderful Easter. I'm so relieved today, I finally mailed the I-129F application, now its all in God's hands. Just praying for a speedy process. I have a timeline now too :)

Congrats! Welcome to the waiting club. :dance:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

but how did he come in contact with her?

thanks

Morning, all!

see I always knew u were full of ....., lol

GOWEH...but mi LOVE you still! :rofl:

tep aff a mi name

Good Morning Yardies (F)

Hope you all had a fantastic Easter weekend!

Hope you feel better soon Lawny!

Thanks Yards...mi just deayah a easy! Waiting for April 9th, so I can release some of the STRESS!!!!!!! Last night my fiance on the phone bawling out his eyes about wanting to see me and how me miss me and all that...I told him (baby the tickets are too expensive right now) he replies, mi we buy it then and I was like, well I can't now is not a good time for me to travel because of my job and I can't take off until the end of JUNE (laughing my a$$ off). He still bawling an mi dedeh a dead wid laugh :rofl: I know, I'm terrible :devil: -- I can't wait to see his face.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning Yardies (F)

Thanks Yards...mi just deayah a easy! Waiting for April 9th, so I can release some of the STRESS!!!!!!! Last night my fiance on the phone bawling out his eyes about wanting to see me and how me miss me and all that...I told him (baby the tickets are too expensive right now) he replies, mi we buy it then and I was like, well I can't now is not a good time for me to travel because of my job and I can't take off until the end of JUNE (laughing my a$$ off). He still bawling an mi dedeh a dead wid laugh :rofl: I know, I'm terrible :devil: -- I can't wait to see his face.

Girl yuh so wicked! Why yuh kill deh man so? Poor ting :devil: I don't know how yuh keep the secret...I couldn't do it at all...especially if he was so miserable over the phone.

Edited by Yardiewife

Timeline
Good morning my BEAUTIFUL SITAHS!

Another week is upon us.

Dear Lord, help US to live this day quietly and easily, to lean upon your great strength, trustfully and restfully, to wait for the unfoling of your will patiently, to met others peacefully and joyously and to face this WEEK confidently.

Lord I pray for all those who will travel to Jamaica this week to be with the love ones and to prepare for thier interviews. Assist them, dear God and assist the CO as they APPROVE them.

and;

Lord, protect my sisters and brothers, as we know your strength and power is in payer.

All these things as ask of you in Jesus precious and glorified name dear God.

Amen. Amen. Amen.

AMEN!!!!

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Congrats! Welcome to the waiting club. :dance:

Ditto!!!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Hey guys, I have a question.

A friend of mine who lives in Jamaica, has been married to her husband since 2004 and he filed for her in 2005 when he was a LPR. He became naturalized in January 2008 and their petition was upgraded. She is now at the NVC stage and her DS-230 was generated on March 17th. She has all of her documents and will apply for her police certtificate on Tuesday, then will DHL/Fed-ex the package to her husband to mail off when he gets the NVC letter.

My question to the Yardies whose spouses have already had their interview in Kingston. What type of evidence of a continuing relationship does she have to provide? She did not take a lot of pictures but her husband visits her in Jamaica every 3-4 months. She has an ATM card where she has access to his account. They have a joint credit union account in JA.

Can she take the banking info, copies of his passport entry and exit stamps and whatever little picture she has? What other evidence do you guys think she will need?

This process is so stressful on their marriage as it is on eveyone else's and I am trying to give her some solid advice and well as reassurance and support. She and I know that her marriage is real, but you never know what the immigration officers will request. I am trying to make sure that she has everything they could possibly ask for and more. I know there would be no reason for denial, but you never know. After what happen with Jason and Marla, I am kinda skeptical about the Embassy practices and their requirements (even though we all know they are ridiculous).

I want my girl to have a pleasant experience and get approved without any hitches, so all the advice and info that can be given will be greatly appreciated.

One Love

Claire

I think the things you mentioned will suffice. They know that without a social security number here in the US, there can be few, if any joint accounts and bills.

Add:

Marriage certificate

Wedding pictures and receipts

And, what she has, and that should all be fine. Especially since its' been an ongoing thing for the last 4 years.

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline
Good Morning Yardies (F)

Girl yuh so wicked! Why yuh kill deh man so? Poor ting :devil: I don't know how yuh keep the secret...I couldn't do it at all...especially if he was so miserable over the phone.

Lawny, Your going to get it when you land in JA. Well then again, I know you want it so that may not be a bad thing.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Good Morning Yardies (F)

Lawny, Your going to get it when you land in JA. Well then again, I know you want it so that may not be a bad thing.

:rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.