Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, it was over 90 degrees here today. HOT HOT AND DRY!!! I HATE DRY HEAT. Can't breathe in this mess. It was nice to have the SOCAL weather back....and this is so typical straight to summer...no spring ever. It was just 45 dgrees in the morning 3 days ago! i don't get the weather around here...so I am already spying me a AC at the Home Depot, I can not live without one this year. Hope you ladies have a wonderful Ressurection Day!!

Awww ((((JENGS)))) thanks for the prayer!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Hey guys;

I recently sent an e-mail to the NVC/JA embassy inquiring about Mike's interview date and the following is their response to me :angry::angry: I have yet to receive a reply from the NVC At least the people in Kingston seem to be working over the w/e or did they just schedule an e-mail delay? :wub::wub:

Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:14 AM

To: Consularkingst

Subject: KNG2002565001

This is to inquire about an interview appointment for (name and DOB). His application was originally filed back in 2000 and his case was completed 03/03/2008.

We are trying to find out if and when he will be shceduled for an interview appointment, seeing that he has waited 8 years to get to this point.

We anxiously await your prompt response to this inquiry.

Hello:

The National Visa Center (NVC) will schedule Mr. Watson and his family for a visa interview at the earliest available date, which will likely be in May or June 2008. Once the date is determined, they will mail an appointment packet to Paulette Langley in Raleigh, NC 27616.

Regards,

Visa Unit

Embassy of the United States of America

Kingston, Jamaica

and the response from the IV unit:--

Sorry, we have not received a petition with this name or case number.

Seems like I have a 2-3 month wait for his date to be scheduled. I am so fraustrated right now, I don't know what to do/think/feel!!!!!

Alright Sus, I'm right behind you. My next trip is June 2nd unless I get crazy and use my Spirit Airlines credit and go sooner.

I sure hope you all are out enjoying the warmth, cause I am stuck here at work till 7pm :huh::huh:

Clairen, You don't have longer girlie. You'll still have a chance to catch some nice breeze.

Girl when I get home it is straight to bed for me. I have two more day to work. :wacko:

My girl....all I can say is hang in there they will call you soon. You know how long I had to wait since my case was completed just please keep the faith.

Timeline

Lawny, yuh real name is Novelette? I LOVE THAT NAME! I heard in on 'da Kink in My Hair' and thought it was so pretty. They called her Letty for short.....Jamaican name dat?

Timeline
My dad, his sister in Orlando and my mom's mother is the only person I know can make it right. Kimmy you are right...frying dumpling is an ART. I've tried several times, but my dad say I got to put my FOOT in it (WHATEVER). I tell him to give me the receipe, he say WHAT RECEIPE and just laugh.

Fried dumplin...IS A ART...no everybody know how..and dat a di truth..either dem too tuff or dem no soak..yuh affi soak di dumplin dem ..and mi no agree wid adding butter mek the dough too soft..dat plus the baking POWDER..NOT SODA..please no mek dat dere mistake :jest:

Evan says this "art" thing too. He loves his Aunts fried dumpling and when I told him I been making em for years he thought it was such a shock...."awah dis? a black-american mek de dumpling deh?" :angry: YES WE DO!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

BLESSED BLESSED EASTER TO MY YARDIE FAM!!!!

214EmptyTombPaintLuke24_6.jpg

Good News Guys!!!

I called the same lady that had the room to rent to ask her if she knew anyone else renting and she said...SHE WAS GOING TO CALL ME...she changed her mind and wasn't gong to be bullied by some jerk! I went over there and gave her 1st month and deposit...walked out with the keys!!! :D:D

Then I came home and was READY to book my Baby's flight...everything was SKY HIGH!!! I checked this website called 'Lastminute.com'....Guys...I found a NON-STOP flight STRAIGHT TO JFK for $199...TAXES INCLUDED!!!!!!

As horrible as my Good Friday was...my Saturday was truly blessed!!

Thank you for all of your prayers!!

Blessed love always (L)(L) ,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am dying right now. I want some food.

We spent the day out playing in the sun.....visiting some friends, going to this really cool interactive museum we have here, and eating dinner out. It's Good Friday and we were at Hard Rock Cafe. What do they have meatless? A veggie burger. It was good and all. But, for some reason, I feel like my stomach is empty. Andre has this spicy chicken sandwich in the frige. At 12:01, I am eating that damn thing.

You guys are not helping me here!

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl: ...JG, that's EXACTLY how I felt yesterday! Hush Chica...hopefully you enjoyed the Chicken Sandwich!

Bless,

Gill

It was the best chicken sandwich ever, Gill!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline
Fried dumplin...IS A ART...no everybody know how..and dat a di truth..either dem too tuff or dem no soak..yuh affi soak di dumplin dem ..and mi no agree wid adding butter mek the dough too soft..dat plus the baking POWDER..NOT SODA..please no mek dat dere mistake :jest:

how u soak dumpling

JG..when you've had good fried dumplin yuh know..

Jengs..when dem done brown or get some color..a just the outside dough fry(cook) so u affi put back all a di flour dem (dumplins) back inna di pot even if dem pile up pon one another...turn down the stove low low low...mek di steam cook di flour on the inside...when dem deh done dem soft like baby baby..and yuh can eat 20 and yuh still good.....yuh eva eat fried dumplin wah RAW on the inside..lawks !!!

ok, my grandmother puts them in the oven,

I am dying right now. I want some food.

We spent the day out playing in the sun.....visiting some friends, going to this really cool interactive museum we have here, and eating dinner out. It's Good Friday and we were at Hard Rock Cafe. What do they have meatless? A veggie burger. It was good and all. But, for some reason, I feel like my stomach is empty. Andre has this spicy chicken sandwich in the frige. At 12:01, I am eating that damn thing.

You guys are not helping me here!

JG, how hot was it there yesterday??

Any of those floods anywhere near you??

I didn't see the weather report; but I think I heard something like 72 or 3. It was so nice.

Bad News Guys...

We didn't get the cute little apartment around the corner from my boys school...they didn't want kids. Plus, the lady renting the room not too far from me...has changed her mind about renting it...because someone threathened to tell the town unless she gave it to him!

I AM NOT GIVING UP!!! THE HARDEST PART WAS PREPARING & GOING TO THE FLIPPIN' INTERVIEW!!! I DID NOT GO THROUGH HELL TO QUIT NOW!!!!

Lawny, that's goes just as much for you as me!!! Gurl, think about what you have been through in your life!! Have faith Chica...it is Coming!! You have dealt with an a$$hole ex...trying to sell your house and every bloodclaat other adversity...DO NOT LET ONE PISSA PAPER 'F' YUH HUP!!

G-d, NEVER BRING US DIS FAR...FUH DROP US NOW!!!

BETTER...MUST COME!!!

LOVE YA, (L)(L)(L)

GILL

Oh, Gill. I'm so sorry.

How many times have you faced some adversity and overcome in this process? The door just closed; look for that open window. It's there somewhere.

JENGLES EASTER PRAYER

DEAR HEAVENLY FATHER,

I COME TO YOU IN THE TIME OF NEED, MY SISTERS AND I ARE EXPERIENCING A FEW PROBLEMSN THAT WE NEED YOUR HELP WITH...LAWNY -LORD PLEASE SEND AN ANGEL TO WHEREVER HER PAPERS ARE AND LET HIM STIR THE PAPERS WITH HIS WINGS AND PLACE HER PAPERS ON TOP OF THE PILE FOR AN APPROVAL..lORD YOU KNOW LAWNY HAS A GOOD HEART AND SHE NEEDS MARCEL BY HER SIDE TO GIVE HER PEACE. lORD - PLEASE SILENCE HER EX AND HIS GIRLFRIEND THAT HE ONLY DEALS WITH HER IN REGARDS TO HER SON.

SUNNY - LORD MY SISTER IS SICK WITH THE FLU, LORD PLEASE GIVE HER A SAFE AND SPEEDY RECOVERY AND GIVE HER A SPEEDY APPROVAL ON HER APPLICATION AND KEEP RAY SAFE UNTIL SHE SEE HIM AGAIN

GILL - LORD WE KNOW YOU HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL IN STORE FOR THIS SISTER, GOD PLEASE LED HER TO THE PLACE HER AND KEN ARE TO LIVE, REMOVE THE HURDLES IN HER WAY AND LORD PLEASE LET KJ'S VISA COME THRU QUICK AND KEEP HER BOYS SAFE

MARLITA - GOD THANK YOU FOR THE APPROVAL, GOD PLEASE LET THE REST OF THE PROCESS GO QUICKLY AND KEEP EVAN'S HEART STRONG AND FULL OF LOVE FOR HIS WIFE.

JG - LORD PLEASE KEEP JG HEALTHY HER CHILDREN ALSO. THIS SISTER ALWAYS GIVES US ADVICE, GOD WE THANK YOU FOR HER AND LORD PLEASE KEEP HER MARRAIRGE STRONG

BROWNIN - LORD WE THANK FOR OUR SISTER, GOD PLEASE GIVE OUR SISTER THE ENERGY SHE NEEDS TO GET THRU THE UP KEEPING WEEK, LORD SHE MANAGES JOBS, CHILDREN AND HUSBAND, GOD PLEASE GIVE HER THE TIME TO GIVE TO GIVE EVERYONE THE ATTENTION THEY NEED

JENGLES - GOD PLEASE KEEP WORKING FOR ME, LORD YOU HAVE SHOWN MR JENGLES THAT HE DOESN'T NEED TO BE IN JA TO SELL THE CAR AND IT IS TIME TO COME HOME. GOD I DIDN'T PUT MYSELF IN THIS MARRIAGE YOU PUT ME HERE AND YOU WILL KEEP ME HERE. GOD PLEASE KEEP MY MARRIAGE STRONG AND WATCH OVER MY CHILDREN.

NANNY - GOD THIS IS OUR SWEET SISTER, GOD PRETTY SOON SHE IS GOING TO DELIVER A HEALTHY AND BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL - GOD WE PRAY THAT OUR SISTER HAS A SAFE DELIVERY AND GOD WHATEVER IS GOING ON IN HER RELATIONSHIP PLEASE GOD I ASK THAT YOU HEAL IT.

YARDIE- GOD, THIS IS OUR SISTER THAT LIVES FAR AWAY, GOD PLEASE SHOW HER THE DIRECTION YOU WANT HER TO GO. SHE IS GOING THROUGH A LOT RIGHT NOW BUT SHOW HER THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS BY HER SIDE.

CLAIREN - GOD PLEASE HASTEN THE PROCESS SO MIKE CAN COME OVER SOONER THAN LATER...KEEP MY SISTER SAFE

KIMMY - LORD PLEASE TAKE MY SISTER THRU HER PREGNANCY SAFELY AND SURELY. LORD KEEP HER KIMORA SAFE. LORD KEEP HER MARRIAGE STRONG, LORD THIS IS A YOUNG AND BEAUTIFUL COUPLE, LET THEM WALK IN YOUR WAY AND ON YOUR ROAD, DO NOT LET OUTSIDERS INTERFERE WITH THIS MARRIAGE

ENGLISH- LORD PLEASE KEEP HER MARRIAGE STRONG AND KEEP HER BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN SAFE

BELWINMILLS - LORD KEEP HER STRONG AND SAFE DURING THIS NEXT STEP IN HER JOURNEY

JALOVE - GOD, PLEASE HELP HER AND CHRIS. THIS BEAUTIFUL COUPLE NEEDS HELP. LORD PLEASE OPEN THE DOOR FOR HER TO GET A JOB AND A PLACE IN THE CITY SHE WANTS TO LIVE.

NBESAW - LORD WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, BUT YOU KNOW, WHATEVER IT IS LORD PLEASE RESOLVE IT QUICKLY SO HE CAN COME UP HERE FOR HIS WEDDING.

SUS- PLEASE KEEP DJ SAFE

GOD FOR THOSE WHOSE NAME I DIDN'T CALL, PLEASE KEEP THEM SAFE AND THEIR LOVED ONES SAFE, PLEASE KEEP THEIR RELATIONSHIPS STRONG, AND PLEASE WALK WITH THEM IN THEIR JOURNEY.

LORD PLEASE STRENGTHEN ALL OUR RELATIONSHIPS WHATEVER THE ISSUES ARE IN ANY OF THESE RELATIONSHIPS LORD PLEASE HELP THEM TO WORK OUT AND GET THEM RESOLVED TOGETHER. LORD, WE KNOW THAT IN THIS DAY AND AGE IT IS HARD TO KEEP A MARRIAGE. LORD I AM ASKING YOU TO PLEASE ALWAYS KEEP THE FEELINGS FRESH IN ME AND MY SISTERS MARRIAGES, LORD DO NOT LET TEMPTATION, FAMILY OR IGNORANCE ENTER AND DESTROY ANY OF THESE RELATIONSHIPS. LORD PLEASE HELP IN THE ADJUSTMENT ISSUES THAT SOME OF THESE MEN HAVE WHEN THEY COME TO AMERICA. LORD PLEASE OPEN THEIR MINDS TO NEW THINGS AND NEW WAYS. LORD PLEASE HELP THESE MEN FIND GOOD PAYING JOBS TO HELP THESE MEN SUPPORT THEIR FAMILY HEAR AND ABROAD.

LADIES, I KNOW U MAY FIND THIS A BIT LONG, DO U THINK IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOU CAN EVEN SAY THE LAST PART OUT LOUD?? THERE IS POWER IN PRAY.

Jengles....that was absolutely beautiful. I am sitting here at about 20 minutes before Easter morning and you brought a tear to my eye with that.

Thank you so much!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Yardie Crew,

I have decided to refrain from participating on this thread. While I received support during the visa process, I feel like many cliques have been formed. I realize that I am not on the board every day; however, I am a human being who has feelings. It is rude to be ignored. If my comments do not apply to you- please disregard. I only seem to get responses when "drama" arises. That's my take on things.

Regards,

Mrs. Scott

I'm not sure I understand your statement, Mrs. Scott. But, I am sorry you feel that way.

I hope you have a blessed future.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Sus..when id ur next trip..betta not be too soon cause wid dat dere tan u gonna be a real black girl :rofl:

LOL - April, Kimmy - my skin keeps getting darker, my hair keeps goin blonder - my best friend told me she thinks I got a few too many Jamaican injections :devil: Next trip is end of May :dance:

Enjoy it now. I used to have that same look.

Now, it's been 2 years since I think I've seen any good sun!

Hey guys;

I recently sent an e-mail to the NVC/JA embassy inquiring about Mike's interview date and the following is their response to me :angry::angry: I have yet to receive a reply from the NVC At least the people in Kingston seem to be working over the w/e or did they just schedule an e-mail delay? :wub::wub:

Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:14 AM

To: Consularkingst

Subject: KNG2002565001

This is to inquire about an interview appointment for (name and DOB). His application was originally filed back in 2000 and his case was completed 03/03/2008.

We are trying to find out if and when he will be shceduled for an interview appointment, seeing that he has waited 8 years to get to this point.

We anxiously await your prompt response to this inquiry.

Hello:

The National Visa Center (NVC) will schedule Mr. Watson and his family for a visa interview at the earliest available date, which will likely be in May or June 2008. Once the date is determined, they will mail an appointment packet to Paulette Langley in Raleigh, NC 27616.

Regards,

Visa Unit

Embassy of the United States of America

Kingston, Jamaica

and the response from the IV unit:--

Sorry, we have not received a petition with this name or case number.

Seems like I have a 2-3 month wait for his date to be scheduled. I am so fraustrated right now, I don't know what to do/think/feel!!!!!

Alright Sus, I'm right behind you. My next trip is June 2nd unless I get crazy and use my Spirit Airlines credit and go sooner.

I sure hope you all are out enjoying the warmth, cause I am stuck here at work till 7pm :huh::huh:

Clairen, You don't have longer girlie. You'll still have a chance to catch some nice breeze.

Girl when I get home it is straight to bed for me. I have two more day to work. :wacko:

Do you think it's cause it's a different visa type that the wait is so long?

I'm so sorry!

BLESSED BLESSED EASTER TO MY YARDIE FAM!!!!

214EmptyTombPaintLuke24_6.jpg

Good News Guys!!!

I called the same lady that had the room to rent to ask her if she knew anyone else renting and she said...SHE WAS GOING TO CALL ME...she changed her mind and wasn't gong to be bullied by some jerk! I went over there and gave her 1st month and deposit...walked out with the keys!!! :D:D

Then I came home and was READY to book my Baby's flight...everything was SKY HIGH!!! I checked this website called 'Lastminute.com'....Guys...I found a NON-STOP flight STRAIGHT TO JFK for $199...TAXES INCLUDED!!!!!!

As horrible as my Good Friday was...my Saturday was truly blessed!!

Thank you for all of your prayers!!

Blessed love always (L)(L) ,

Gill

It would appear you need to thank Miss Jengles and Miss Tre for their extra special prayers for you today!

Great news, Gill!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Sus said the word "injection". I had to laugh. Andre calls it that too. Especially when I am sick and he asks if I need an injection.

How many others on here call it an "injection"?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Gill, I knew things would work out and then you get a super price on the airline ticket. Yuh rollin!!! :dance:

Claire, I hope you hear something soon honey-bun....... Your time is near.

JG: Ray calls it an injection also. What's that all about?

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Happy Birthday Dimples876!!!!!!

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill we will give thanks to the most high on this his blessed day!!!!!

I am so happy for you, look at that you got two for one!!! I know you are relieved (sp),,,,your baby is coming home.

I'm booking mr. jengles flight today. I hope I get good prices

Lita - send some of that heat over here..it was supposed to snow here last night, but it looks like it changed it's mind.

Happy B-day ms. Dimples

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gill we will give thanks to the most high on this his blessed day!!!!!

I am so happy for you, look at that you got two for one!!! I know you are relieved (sp),,,,your baby is coming home.

I'm booking mr. jengles flight today. I hope I get good prices

Lita - send some of that heat over here..it was supposed to snow here last night, but it looks like it changed it's mind.

Happy B-day ms. Dimples

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Missa Jengy ah come HOME!!!!! Jengy, I know that you are happy. These last few weeks have been a huge challenge for you! Hope this is the beginning of our calm seas...as Ken says...not everyday the waters mus rough....wan day wan day deh seas mus calm!

Jengy, guh to lastminute.com...see wat yuh cyan find!

Blessed love,

Gill

Edited by Deyoungting

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.