Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
ok, anyone have a fried dumpling receipe??? I used to know how to make them a loooongg time ago, now i'm spoiled my grandmother always brings them and toss a bag in the freezer...but i'm not sure if i have any more??

Is there a recipe to this? I just use flour water and butter...roll it up mash it dung and fry.

I use baking powder too and i think my ratio is all wrong

I can imagine, I've put too much baking soda and thought they were going to explode :whistle:

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So what is everyone going to do for Easter? Got any plans?

We have a really odd Easter tradition - combining all of the nationalities - We start with Ravioli (Italian uncle), then have the traditional ham dinner with all the fixings - later on we have kielbasa (polish grandfather) and Kleiben (german / hungarian brother in law) and eggs. Should be interesting when we try to add something Jamaican :wacko:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sounds like you will have fun Sus! I can't imagine eating all those different types of things!!!

Way to go Jengles :thumbs: I wish I could get someone else to cook and for the get together to be at someone elses house :blush:

Sorry you have to work D :( I hope you have a good weekend regardless!

My whole family is coming over to my house after church on Sunday and we are going to BBQ and make all sorts of food. Probably just hang out and play some games or watch a movie. Hopefully it is relaxing but it probably won't be because it is at my house.

Timeline
ok, anyone have a fried dumpling receipe??? I used to know how to make them a loooongg time ago, now i'm spoiled my grandmother always brings them and toss a bag in the freezer...but i'm not sure if i have any more??

Is there a recipe to this? I just use flour water and butter...roll it up mash it dung and fry.

I can imagine, I've put too much baking soda and thought they were going to explode :whistle:

:lol: Isn't that scary! I tried making them once...not again. I would just let A make them and I would stay in the other room.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's funny!! I just use self-rise flour and water then fry them. I was suprised there was a "real" recipe for them.

Sounds like you will have fun Sus! I can't imagine eating all those different types of things!!!

Way to go Jengles :thumbs: I wish I could get someone else to cook and for the get together to be at someone elses house :blush:

My whole family is coming over to my house after church on Sunday and we are going to BBQ and make all sorts of food. Probably just hang out and play some games or watch a movie. Hopefully it is relaxing but it probably won't be because it is at my house.

Yardie - is it warm enough in the bush yet to BBQ??? Sure as heck ain't here unless we have a bonfire! :angry:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Yardie - is it warm enough in the bush yet to BBQ??? Sure as heck ain't here unless we have a bonfire! :angry:

:no: Not even close to be honest :lol: It is suppose to be windy and rainy and an awful day really but that won't stop my BBQ!!! I want some jerk *yum*

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oops I forgot I used a dash of sea salt and a dash of baking powder too. I don't measure anything I just throw it all together, but I don't use too much salt or powder just like 1 teaspoon and thats only if I'm making a big batch..you really don't need much of that at all. i roll it all together and add the butter in it and roll that in there too, till all lumps are gone then fry it in a tiny bit of oil....i don't submurge them in oil.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Sounds fun...I wish we had family close..I think :blink: . Just around the holidays.....It gets lonely with his family in Ja and my family in another state.

Edited by brownnskinn

Timeline

Oops I forgot I used a dash of sea salt and a dash of baking powder too. I don't measure anything I just throw it all together, but I don't use too much salt or powder just like 1 teaspoon and thats only if I'm making a big batch..you really don't need much of that at all. i roll it all together and add the butter in it and roll that in there too, till all lumps are gone then fry it in a tiny bit of oil....i don't submurge them in oil.

hmmm that sounds easy enough...how much butter do you add?

Timeline

That's funny!! I just use self-rise flour and water then fry them. I was suprised there was a "real" recipe for them.

We've been having great weather here. I'll just go to church on Sunday and moms after. I'm making the ham. i have a huge family so even regular sunday dinner is a big deal

We've been having great weather here. I'll just go to church on Sunday and moms after. I'm making the ham. i have a huge family so even regular sunday dinner is a big deal

I miss my mommie :crying:

Yall have a wonderful weekend. Hubby and I will whip up someting nice, jus the two of us.

Timeline

That should be fun Marlita! Hope the weather stays good for y'all!

Timeline

hmmm that sounds easy enough...how much butter do you add?

I just put a little in there when I'm kneading the dough. The butter makes them really tastey like butter bisquits. I never measure stuff just as long as my ratio of flour to the other stuff is way more.

Timeline
I just put a little in there when I'm kneading the dough. The butter makes them really tastey like butter bisquits. I never measure stuff just as long as my ratio of flour to the other stuff is way more.

Maybe I will have to give it a try again someday. I submerged them in the oil and they came out so tough...so maybe with the butter and not so much oil they would turn out nice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.