Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
So how do you all fry fish? What type of fish? What type of seasonings? Just trying to get some ideas :)

This is what I do.

I wash the fish in salt and lemon juice, let it dry. In a bowl, I mix up seasoning, black pepper, a just touch of white salt, becuase the seasoning all ready have enough salt in it. Then I rub not sprinkle...I rub it inside the fish and outside and let it sit for a little. Then I make the oil really hot...hot hot hot (but don't BURN it). I love spicy food and I love it when the fish have a little kick to it, so I drop 1/2 of scoth bonnet pepper in the oil (DISCLAIMER) you might want to open your windows or go stand somewhere else until the pepper burn off or your eyes are going to burn like hell. If you don't want it to be too hot (spicy) take out the seeds. That's the hottest part of the pepper. Then u just fry dem one by one. I also make little slits in the sides of the fish. Saw my grandmother do that, she say the seasoning will soak into the fish while it's frying. Then you all done. Enjoy your meal. Oh, one more very important thing...

What time is dinner? :whistle:

I mix my seasoning with flour and thanks for the reminder that i need to buy some. :thumbs:

I use flour with mine as well. And I like to cook it outside - no stink!!

I also try to fry mine outside, but if you have to do it inside I put on a pot of cinnamon and vinegar and sometimes organe peel and it keeps the smell down

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks for the fry fish tips :thumbs: So when you do all that you are using the whole fish right? Just cleaned and scaled?

and fillet but that is just my preference, I like Porgy which is really to small to be fillet but mi can't bodda with di head and it have nuff bones..but it is soooooo swweeet

So how do you all fry fish? What type of fish? What type of seasonings? Just trying to get some ideas :)

This is what I do.

I wash the fish in salt and lemon juice, let it dry. In a bowl, I mix up seasoning, black pepper, a just touch of white salt, becuase the seasoning all ready have enough salt in it. Then I rub not sprinkle...I rub it inside the fish and outside and let it sit for a little. Then I make the oil really hot...hot hot hot (but don't BURN it). I love spicy food and I love it when the fish have a little kick to it, so I drop 1/2 of scoth bonnet pepper in the oil (DISCLAIMER) you might want to open your windows or go stand somewhere else until the pepper burn off or your eyes are going to burn like hell. If you don't want it to be too hot (spicy) take out the seeds. That's the hottest part of the pepper. Then u just fry dem one by one. I also make little slits in the sides of the fish. Saw my grandmother do that, she say the seasoning will soak into the fish while it's frying. Then you all done. Enjoy your meal. Oh, one more very important thing...

I mix my seasoning with flour and thanks for the reminder that i need to buy some. :thumbs:

I also try to fry mine outside, but if you have to do it inside I put on a pot of cinnamon and vinegar and sometimes organe peel and it keeps the smell down

orange peel sounds good!!

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for the fry fish tips :thumbs: So when you do all that you are using the whole fish right? Just cleaned and scaled?

and fillet but that is just my preference, I like Porgy which is really to small to be fillet but mi can't bodda with di head and it have nuff bones..but it is soooooo swweeet

This is what I do.

orange peel sounds good!!

Yes and it works very well.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok :thumbs: I have done fillets before just never the whole fish which is what was stressing me. I will have to look for the porgy thanks jengs :)

Timeline

Ok :thumbs: I have done fillets before just never the whole fish which is what was stressing me. I will have to look for the porgy thanks jengs :)

It works for whatever fish u like, porgy is a small fish not big like the snapper

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Not me - I am way too much the spoiled Amercian. I buy it already cut up and ready to cook! Same with chicken and pork - boneless and skinless. :blush:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline

Not me - I am way too much the spoiled Amercian. I buy it already cut up and ready to cook! Same with chicken and pork - boneless and skinless. :blush:

I am even more spoiled cuz I am gonna get mine from the local fish spot down the street already cooked LOL I will pass all these wonderful ideas to my cooking sister though..sounds good HEEHEE

Timeline

I will admit to buying skinless chiken, only when i stew it

Timeline

ok, anyone have a fried dumpling receipe??? I used to know how to make them a loooongg time ago, now i'm spoiled my grandmother always brings them and toss a bag in the freezer...but i'm not sure if i have any more??

Timeline

I will admit to buying skinless chiken, only when i stew it

I can't be bothered to fight with any bones. I need a good recipe for stewed pork. Got any?

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.