Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:ot: I'm thinking about taking Ken and my boys to Penn Relays this year! I haven't gone in mussi 12 years...is it still nice? Has anyone gone recently? My boys and I are into Track & Field...Ken mainly 'football'...but I think it's so nice to see the different Caribbean flags being waved...

It's usually the end of April...I haffi check!

Bless,Gill

It's not as nice as it's been in the past. I didn't go last year, because it skipped my mind. But that would be really nice. All I have to say is get there early to find parking. We had so much fun back in the day with all the after parties. ALOT of Jamaican supporterS and I've met people who drove from Florida and Texas. We use to be so DAMN loud with our MASSIVE FLAGS on our cars as we enter PA. Dang those were fun days.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ot: I'm thinking about taking Ken and my boys to Penn Relays this year! I haven't gone in mussi 12 years...is it still nice? Has anyone gone recently? My boys and I are into Track & Field...Ken mainly 'football'...but I think it's so nice to see the different Caribbean flags being waved...

It's usually the end of April...I haffi check!

Bless,Gill

Gill, my cousin just send me this. We have 3 friends competing this year...well, I hope they make it. The dates of the 2008 Penn Relays are April 24th, 25th, and 26th. I'm moving that weekend so I won't make it :crying: so, if you go make sure you make a lot of noise. JAMAICANS are the BIGGEST supporters at PENN RELAYS! AND we're so damn LOUD!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Question for all you intelligent-might-as-well-be-immigration-lawyers:

Does the K2 Visa follow the same path as the K1? More specifically, I understand until the 2 year marriage anniversary the spouse has a conditional green card and then you have to remove conditions to get the 10 yr card. Is that the same for the child as well - 2 yr card then 10 yr with the parent or does the child get the 10 yr right off the bat?

And since we have been talking bugets, Anthony and I have been working on the next phase of immigration charges (which appear to never end!!!) What was average price for the police certificate?

I already screeched at the price of the non-impediment letter. Just what the heck did I pay for with the $455 filing fee????!!!! :blink:

Dahling, that $455 is to the US Gov't. :yes::yes: You have to dole out JA$1000 for 21-day service or JA$2000 for 3-day service for the police cetificate and it is good for 6-months, then you have to pay US$80-95 for the medical depending on where you go. Then the airpack fee to deliver the passport with the visa. Then you have to buy the plane ticket, then you have to file to remove conditions/EAD/AP US$1010. :bonk::bonk: Girl it does not end :wow::lol::lol:

Not $1010 to remove conditions.....that's AOS. It's another $500 or so to remove conditions and another $600 if you are going for natualization. It is RELLY never ending.

What happens if you don't file for natualization?

Every 10 years you have to renew your green card for the rest of your life. I'm wondering if that means you have to carry that stupid NOA around as proof until they process or if it is quicker each time.

I think Andre is set on naturalizing......No more paperwork and a few additional benefits make it sound very attractive while we are contemplating more paperwork now!

Hey JG-- it never use to be that way. I have a a lot friends who still have their original greencard the one that looked PINK (those holders didn't have to exchanged theirs). You dont have walk about with the NOA. I'm not 100% sure when it changed may have been in 1997 when a lot of the immigration benefits changed and people were rushing to get married. I agree, I think geting naturalized is much easier when it comes to dealing with immigration, just more money to spend.

JG -- tell me something. Do we ever stop spending on the immigration process?

Not so far. I'm forever saving up some money in preparation of filing some more forms. $$$$ and forms....a way of life! I just copied some more scrapbook page pictures for our LOC. Seems like I'm forever collecting proof too.

Now, I'm not sure how it works on the 10 year GC. If it has an expiration date printed on it like the 2 year does, then you would get a new card and have to carry around some sort of proof you filed for extension and all that. If it doesn't have a date on it (which I can't imagine in this day and age......how would the police know if you were out of status if they caught you for something?), then, it's probably not an issue.

All the more reasons why we are eyeing naturalization.

The old cards don't have an expiration date on it. A lot of my family members still have their original cards. They were told they did not have to surender it unless they wanted to. I say go for the citizenship. My cousin was a bartender at Sandals and a lot of his friends worked at HI...we're having dinner with a few of them today. I'll ask them if they remember your hubby. They're still working at HI. They're up here for some training in Washington, D.C. for 6 weeks for bartending. They talking about finding a woman and getting married. I told them it don't work like that.

Actually if they are on a work visa, it CAN work like that. Hopefully, not, though.

Oh, yah.....I'm excited to see who they are. If one is Richard, tell him I MISS him so. You'll recognize him right off......he's the one they will call "the brown one". He's very light skinned.

Actually, if it were any we are still close to, I think they would've called us to tell us they were coming.

You're in...dyam I can't remember. Where are you again? I know they're going to be in Lousiana in May for a competition. Some of them are working a large wedding this weekend. Actually a MASSIVE wedding. I think my cousin said about 600 plus people.

St. Louis, MO

Sunny......

I copied ours in color, 3 to a sheet and labelled them that way.

I think it is fine to do it how you did.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning (F)

Welcome Jamericanlove and Mommy2B...Glad to have you with us!

Have a safe and fun trip Mrs. Palmer :dance:

Sunny I hope you feel better soon. Rum always does the trick :yes:

Many positive vibes going out to Dimples and her husband as he has the interview today!!! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Gill and JG for the quick response..... I'm sending original pics, but I made three copies so I'm good.

Ok, one more question and I'm done because I'm already sick and this stuff gives me a headache.. lol

I had my letter of intent to marry certified at the bank. Do I send the original with my packet or a copy?

Thanks a bunch...

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks Gill and JG for the quick response.....

Ok, one more question and I'm done because I'm already sick and this stuff gives me a headache.. lol

I had my letter of intent to marry certified at the bank. Do I send the original with my packet or a copy?

Thanks a bunch...

I sent the original of that one and kept a copy.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks a bunch...

What she said! :lol::thumbs:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Who are you kidding? Kids are the death of your paychecks and savings.

It's free to JOIN, you just stawt paying AFTER :lol :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

ENGLISH....I'm trying to get GILL to join with her soon to be TWIN GIRLS ( shhhhh) don't tell her. She don't know yet, but Ken tell mi! :devil:

tep aff a mi name

ENGLISH....I'm trying to get GILL to join with her soon to be TWIN GIRLS ( shhhhh) don't tell her. She don't know yet, but Ken tell mi! :devil:

Lawd yuh a aguh STRAIGHT a HELL :lol:

poor Gill, she woulda muss ded!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Nanny.......Just teasing you today, GF!

i know..... :lol:

look at this....http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23679964/

so happy i did direct deposit!!! :star:

meeeeeeeeee 2

Nanny I wanted to have 4 boys...well, really I wanted 6, but the cost of raising a child in this country is so expensive. I do want to have 2 more in my old age. I guess I'll manage. But I'm not joining your club yet, I'll wait until Marcel gets here. I may have to turn him into a HOUSE HUSBAND.

that is the latest thing....the husband staying home with the kids....i think that is a great idea!!!

I agree! well at least that is our plans when my SO gets here. He won't be able to work right away so he might as well be productive and take care of our baby, save some money on childcare. Someone has to keep working to pay the bills! :)

.png

DSC00636.jpgDSC00674.jpgDSC00652.jpg

When they placed you in my arms, you slipped into my heart ♥

Timeline

Thanks a bunch...

What she said! :lol::thumbs:

Got it!!!! Thanks again Gill & JG :)

ROC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawd yuh a aguh STRAIGHT a HELL :lol:

poor Gill, she woulda muss ded!!

:rofl:

Wait til Gill see dis :yes:

Timeline
Good Morning (F)

Welcome Jamericanlove and Mommy2B...Glad to have you with us!

Have a safe and fun trip Mrs. Palmer :dance:

Sunny I hope you feel better soon. Rum always does the trick :yes:

Many positive vibes going out to Dimples and her husband as he has the interview today!!! (L)

Hey Yardie, Thanks for the well wishes... I need them.

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.