Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys!! I just wanted to say welcome to the new folks and good luck with your journey!! I am off to JA on Wednesday for some much needed alone time with my hubby!! I am SO EXCITED!! Everyone take care, and I'll be back in a week and a half! I'm trying to see if I packed everything..help me with my list:

birth control... :thumbs:

tootbrush/toothpaste... :thumbs:

:devil::devil::devil::yes::yes::yes:

Mrs. P you got me rolling on the floor :rofl: . When I went to Jamaica in November I forgot I had thrown the pack of condoms in my carry on and YES, when my bag was going through the x-ray machine it turned over and the pack of condoms dropped out. So, the TSA officer looked at me and his face turned BRIGHT red. I said, it's okay. I'm sure you know what they're for. He winked at me and said, he didn't know they came in 36-pack! I said, YEP!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Lawny, You are my sister from another mother!!! WE ARE A HOT DYAM MESS!!!! :lol: That is SOOOOO me!!! I kindly take myself to Wal-Mart and buy my 36 pack everytime!! I make sure to put 3-5 in my wallet ...just in case we can't mek it to the house!!! Ken also gets these ones called 'Long Love' down there...I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!! Mi a guh tell em fi bring some hup when em come! ;)

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- Mawning' Fam!!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Question for all you intelligent-might-as-well-be-immigration-lawyers:

Does the K2 Visa follow the same path as the K1? More specifically, I understand until the 2 year marriage anniversary the spouse has a conditional green card and then you have to remove conditions to get the 10 yr card. Is that the same for the child as well - 2 yr card then 10 yr with the parent or does the child get the 10 yr right off the bat?

And since we have been talking bugets, Anthony and I have been working on the next phase of immigration charges (which appear to never end!!!) What was average price for the police certificate?

I already screeched at the price of the non-impediment letter. Just what the heck did I pay for with the $455 filing fee????!!!! :blink:

Dahling, that $455 is to the US Gov't. :yes::yes: You have to dole out JA$1000 for 21-day service or JA$2000 for 3-day service for the police cetificate and it is good for 6-months, then you have to pay US$80-95 for the medical depending on where you go. Then the airpack fee to deliver the passport with the visa. Then you have to buy the plane ticket, then you have to file to remove conditions/EAD/AP US$1010. :bonk::bonk: Girl it does not end :wow::lol::lol:

Not $1010 to remove conditions.....that's AOS. It's another $500 or so to remove conditions and another $600 if you are going for natualization. It is RELLY never ending.

What happens if you don't file for natualization?

Every 10 years you have to renew your green card for the rest of your life. I'm wondering if that means you have to carry that stupid NOA around as proof until they process or if it is quicker each time.

I think Andre is set on naturalizing......No more paperwork and a few additional benefits make it sound very attractive while we are contemplating more paperwork now!

Hey JG-- it never use to be that way. I have a a lot friends who still have their original greencard the one that looked PINK (those holders didn't have to exchanged theirs). You dont have walk about with the NOA. I'm not 100% sure when it changed may have been in 1997 when a lot of the immigration benefits changed and people were rushing to get married. I agree, I think geting naturalized is much easier when it comes to dealing with immigration, just more money to spend.

JG -- tell me something. Do we ever stop spending on the immigration process?

Not so far. I'm forever saving up some money in preparation of filing some more forms. $$$$ and forms....a way of life! I just copied some more scrapbook page pictures for our LOC. Seems like I'm forever collecting proof too.

Now, I'm not sure how it works on the 10 year GC. If it has an expiration date printed on it like the 2 year does, then you would get a new card and have to carry around some sort of proof you filed for extension and all that. If it doesn't have a date on it (which I can't imagine in this day and age......how would the police know if you were out of status if they caught you for something?), then, it's probably not an issue.

All the more reasons why we are eyeing naturalization.

The old cards don't have an expiration date on it. A lot of my family members still have their original cards. They were told they did not have to surender it unless they wanted to. I say go for the citizenship. My cousin was a bartender at Sandals and a lot of his friends worked at HI...we're having dinner with a few of them today. I'll ask them if they remember your hubby. They're still working at HI. They're up here for some training in Washington, D.C. for 6 weeks for bartending. They talking about finding a woman and getting married. I told them it don't work like that.

Actually if they are on a work visa, it CAN work like that. Hopefully, not, though.

Oh, yah.....I'm excited to see who they are. If one is Richard, tell him I MISS him so. You'll recognize him right off......he's the one they will call "the brown one". He's very light skinned.

Actually, if it were any we are still close to, I think they would've called us to tell us they were coming.

You're in...dyam I can't remember. Where are you again? I know they're going to be in Lousiana in May for a competition. Some of them are working a large wedding this weekend. Actually a MASSIVE wedding. I think my cousin said about 600 plus people.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Hi guys!! I just wanted to say welcome to the new folks and good luck with your journey!! I am off to JA on Wednesday for some much needed alone time with my hubby!! I am SO EXCITED!! Everyone take care, and I'll be back in a week and a half! I'm trying to see if I packed everything..help me with my list:

tootbrush/toothpaste... :thumbs:

:devil::devil::devil::yes::yes::yes:

Mrs. P you got me rolling on the floor :rofl: . When I went to Jamaica in November I forgot I had thrown the pack of condoms in my carry on and YES, when my bag was going through the x-ray machine it turned over and the pack of condoms dropped out. So, the TSA officer looked at me and his face turned BRIGHT red. I said, it's okay. I'm sure you know what they're for. He winked at me and said, he didn't know they came in 36-pack! I said, YEP!

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Lawny, You are my sister from another mother!!! WE ARE A HOT DYAM MESS!!!! :lol: That is SOOOOO me!!! I kindly take myself to Wal-Mart and buy my 36 pack everytime!! I make sure to put 3-5 in my wallet ...just in case we can't mek it to the house!!! Ken also gets these ones called 'Long Love' down there...I LOVE THOSE!!!!!!! Mi a guh tell em fi bring some hup when em come! ;)

Bless,

Gill

P.S.- Mawning' Fam!!!!

DWLLLLLLLLLLLL :rofl: Ken, naw go wah use eeh...im want im BABY GIRL...so, dash dat weh! What a STRESS if a two im give u one time.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Question for all you intelligent-might-as-well-be-immigration-lawyers:

Does the K2 Visa follow the same path as the K1? More specifically, I understand until the 2 year marriage anniversary the spouse has a conditional green card and then you have to remove conditions to get the 10 yr card. Is that the same for the child as well - 2 yr card then 10 yr with the parent or does the child get the 10 yr right off the bat?

And since we have been talking bugets, Anthony and I have been working on the next phase of immigration charges (which appear to never end!!!) What was average price for the police certificate?

I already screeched at the price of the non-impediment letter. Just what the heck did I pay for with the $455 filing fee????!!!! :blink:

Dahling, that $455 is to the US Gov't. :yes::yes: You have to dole out JA$1000 for 21-day service or JA$2000 for 3-day service for the police cetificate and it is good for 6-months, then you have to pay US$80-95 for the medical depending on where you go. Then the airpack fee to deliver the passport with the visa. Then you have to buy the plane ticket, then you have to file to remove conditions/EAD/AP US$1010. :bonk::bonk: Girl it does not end :wow::lol::lol:

Not $1010 to remove conditions.....that's AOS. It's another $500 or so to remove conditions and another $600 if you are going for natualization. It is RELLY never ending.

BLOODCLAAT!! :blink::wow::o ...Wat a RACKET!!!! I thought the $1010 wouldda DONE IT....obviously I was WRONG!!!

Ohhhhh....if only it were in JMD instead of USD!! But hey the way our economy is going...USD may soon be JMD!!!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
DWLLLLLLLLLLLL :rofl: Ken, naw go wah use eeh...im want im BABY GIRL...so, dash dat weh! What a STRESS if a two im give u one time.

TRELAWNY 20853...BITE YOUR WICKED LIKKLE TONGUE!!!!!!!! :blink::no::huh::no::lol:

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

TRELAWNY 20853...BITE YOUR WICKED LIKKLE TONGUE!!!!!!!! :blink::no::huh::no::lol:

Gill

DWLLLLLLLLL... Okay. Now, all my co-workers think I'm inSANE. They want to know what's so DAMN funny. Okay. I think my ribs can stop hurting now.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawnin Yardies.

I hope everyone is doing better than me today. I've been home sick with the flu for two days. :(

Whatever you do today, make it a GREAT DAY!!!!

Sunny

Sunny, how u manage to get sick baby girl. You can't do that. Well, do you have some WHITE RUM! If you do, break it out with some TEA or coffee. I think I use rum for everything. My son is 4 and he's only REALLY been sick (thank God) ONCE!...as soon as he gets the sniffiles or a runny nose, I but a little rum in his bath water and I rub some on the top of his head (his soft spot or his baby spot). I'm so old fashion and COUNTRY, but I love it...It's just me. My grannie raised me.

Lawny,

You sound like Ray. He said whenever e feels sick, which isn't often he goes to the Rum Bar and drink plenty of rum to sweat it out. I have some Wray & Nephew here in the house, so I'll try to dink some with my tea... Thanks

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Mawnin Yardies.

I hope everyone is doing better than me today. I've been home sick with the flu for two days. :(

Whatever you do today, make it a GREAT DAY!!!!

Sunny

Sunny, how u manage to get sick baby girl. You can't do that. Well, do you have some WHITE RUM! If you do, break it out with some TEA or coffee. I think I use rum for everything. My son is 4 and he's only REALLY been sick (thank God) ONCE!...as soon as he gets the sniffiles or a runny nose, I but a little rum in his bath water and I rub some on the top of his head (his soft spot or his baby spot). I'm so old fashion and COUNTRY, but I love it...It's just me. My grannie raised me.

Lawny,

You sound like Ray. He said whenever e feels sick, which isn't often he goes to the Rum Bar and drink plenty of rum to sweat it out. I have some Wray & Nephew here in the house, so I'll try to dink some with my tea... Thanks

If your throat is sore and you have some honey drink a spoonful of that, if you can. Then drink the tea. I know when people have the flu they wan't to cover up, becuase they feel cold, but that's not the right thing to do. You're body is hot for reason and it needs air and REST! So, drink up! Get well soon baby girl.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yardies:

I'm trying to mail off my packet today, but when I put my pictures in the clear sheet protectors, I typed labels of who was in the picture etc. After reading the instructions, it said to write on the back of the pictures. I used two-sided tape and now the pics are stuck and I can't get them off the plactic. LMAO..

Do you think it's ok to send the pics like this?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mornin everyone!

When spring break started I reach home to Ft. Lauderdale and heard on the radio of AirJA special. The next day I was on the plane to JA :D It was so nice spending time with Lance (my SO) and havin my granny spoil me. This was the first time Lance came to the airport with me when I was leaving. Mi put down one piece a bawlin! All now mi head a hot me :crying:

I FINALLY finish reading thru 100+ pages! Unu can chat!

Gill - CONGRATS on the approval!!!

Lita - How USCIS a feel yuh up suh?! lol! I'm happy though cuz its about time!

Kimmy - Glad to know you're keeping food down. Sad to say it but I've never been a tourist. I went to Dunns River when I was small and this past summer I went to Margarittaville in Negril but thats it. Oh, this past week me and Lance went to Lovers Leap. The view there is SOOO beautiful! But other than that I just stay home in Mandeville.

Jamericanlove and Mommy2B - Welcome! These ladies are VERY knowledgeable :thumbs:

Brownnskin - It looks like Sams has had slow sales or something because they would normally have a coupon by now for Easter. My cousin is considering opening up an online caribbean grocery shop. She asked my opinion and I told her to keep the shippin costs LOW!!!

JATam - How's Aaron liking school? It must be nice having him here for more emotional support b/c classes can be so rough sometimes.

Jax and Nanny - ITS ALMOST TIME!!! I'm so excited for you both :dance:

MrsPalmer - Travel safely tomorrow and have fun!

JAEnglish - I was so eager to log on and see another pic of your cutie!

Rhonda - Welcome back! Monique is so beautiful!

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Wow I really need to sign off....I have a paper due in an hour that I haven't started yet. My degree should be in procrastinology lol.

Have a great day ladies (F)

Edited by Marie87

I-130 Timeline

04/10/09 - I130 Sent

04/14/09 - I130 Received

04/22/09 - Check Cashed

04/22/09 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received

08/13/09 - Touch

08/24/09 - RFE Email

08/27/09 - RFE Hardcopy Received

09/11/09 - Evidence sent to CSC

09/16/09 - Evidence Received by CSC

09/20/09 - Touch...on a Sunday???

09/25/09 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. Dated 9/18

NVC Timeline

10/01/09 - NVC Case Number Assigned

10/02/09 - DS3023 & I-864 Bill Generated

10/02/09 - Paid I-864 fee online

10/03/09 - DS3032 Emailed

10/13/09 - Sent I-864 Packet

10/14/09 - NVC Received I-864 Packet

10/20/09 - I-864 Received via AVR

10/22/09 - IV Bill Generated

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yardies:

I'm trying to mail off my packet today, but when I put my pictures in the clear sheet protectors, I typed labels of who was in the picture etc. After reading the instructions, it said to write on the back of the pictures. I used two-sided tape and now the pics are stuck and I can't get them off the plactic. LMAO..

I think it is okay as that is the way I did it, they just want a clear description somehow. Of course, who am I to speak - they haven't approved my petition yet!!! :wacko:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Timeline
Yardies:

Sunny Chica,

I think that will be fine! It's not just pictures...IT'S THE OVERALL EVIDENCE!!!! Gwaan han send yuh package Sweets!1 the quicker yuh send hit...deh quicker he will be here! :luv::luv:

Luv ya,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Nanny.......Just teasing you today, GF!

i know..... :lol:

look at this....http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23679964/

so happy i did direct deposit!!! :star:

meeeeeeeeee 2

Nanny I wanted to have 4 boys...well, really I wanted 6, but the cost of raising a child in this country is so expensive. I do want to have 2 more in my old age. I guess I'll manage. But I'm not joining your club yet, I'll wait until Marcel gets here. I may have to turn him into a HOUSE HUSBAND.

that is the latest thing....the husband staying home with the kids....i think that is a great idea!!!

Timeline
Nanny.......Just teasing you today, GF!

i know..... :lol:

How yuh Feeling Nans...exicted...nervous...anxious...scared??? How is Mike...is he going to be your coach!

Baby Gurl,

You will be JUST FINE!!!!!! We haffi add you to our Prayer circle! For a nice and easy labour & delivery!

Love ya,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

:ot: I'm thinking about taking Ken and my boys to Penn Relays this year! I haven't gone in mussi 12 years...is it still nice? Has anyone gone recently? My boys and I are into Track & Field...Ken mainly 'football'...but I think it's so nice to see the different Caribbean flags being waved...

It's usually the end of April...I haffi check!

Bless,Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.