Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi guys!! I just wanted to say welcome to the new folks and good luck with your journey!! I am off to JA on Wednesday for some much needed alone time with my hubby!! I am SO EXCITED!! Everyone take care, and I'll be back in a week and a half! I'm trying to see if I packed everything..help me with my list:

birth control... :thumbs:

tootbrush/toothpaste... :thumbs:

:devil::devil::devil::yes::yes::yes:

Girl you sound like you are ready :thumbs: Wish I was going with you. Any room in the suitcase? :unsure: Anyway have a blast while you are there. Bring back some sun :lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Jamericanlove....keep us posted on ur journey and ask away with the question..i don't know a darn thing but the other fine ladies here will def help you... :rofl:

Ok mi ave one question..

Mi girlfriend a contemplate doing a fiance visa fi her longtime BF..well he was in England for 4yrs and the girl he lived with pressed charges of abuse..he stayed in jail 6mths then they released him saying that they couldn't find grounds to continue..mi no know if a so a just wah she atell mi him tell her...

ok, him affi go disclose that syaty in England and get a police cert from there right ?

him a try tell her dem (immigration) nah go know bout dat cause a 2 dif country..mi ask her if she really believe dat..!

so any suggestions ?

OK, first of all, I would tell her to make him send for his certificate.

If it's CLEAN, then nothing to worry about.

Now if he has a criminal record, unless is was a crime of moral turpitude, I believe he can get a waiver. Not sure how successful that would be though at the JAMAICAN Embassy.

Now as per the TOS, I cannot advocate him LYING about it even though there is NO WAY they can find out unless someone tells them.

Should he do this terrible thing and lie, be aware that if the immigration EVER find out, they could revoke his citizenship etc.

Of course I would NEVER encourage anyone to be dishonest :whistle:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Timeline
ok..so u no affi pay extra if dem si a private doc ? dats good

No, It's a ppo, i can go out of network...i think i have to pay more but I never really go to the doctor anyways, I got it cause it cosr bout the same as the HMO plan plus my daughter has to see a cardiologist at times.

ok...yeah they try to get u with those HMO's...only dif dem mek a few xtra $$ it's all a big scam this insurance industry and when yuh check it most a di doc dem a #######...i'm all for something to happen with the insurance industry..they are dictating when and how ppl get treatment...so uUNIVERSAL HEALTH mi support what u stand for

Something has to be done for sure...It's a shame soo many people go without cause it's too darn expensive.

yuh soo right....we have a plan in NY it's affinity..u chose ur doc ..it goes on a sliding scale ..it's govn't and mi all for it..it spells soo much sense..LOVE LOVE Kimora's pediatrician a Jamaican ole school doc..tell mi no gimme mi pikcney gerber food mek mi dyam own and when she constipated tell mi mek sweet suagr and water and gi her..and she was just fine...

girl that works everytime. When my son was a baby they told me not to give him water to drink...whatever. He blew up after 6 weeks, everytime I go to the doctor they fuss at me about how FAT he was, now he's SLIM they telling me he need to gain more rass weight...mi just kiss mi teet

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mawnin Lawny;

What you up to girl? I just booked a trip to JA (Sunset Jamaica Grande) for June for some family and friends. They had a trip for 5 days for $686 per person, so Ray's going to stay there with me and doesn't even know it. I'm going to surprise him if I can keep my big mouth shut that long. lol

My Meez is at the airport a little early, don't you think??? :lol:

We booked a trip for November. We're thinking of staying a few days at Sunset JA Grande. Let me know how it is and if it's friendly for locals. You know how some places are!

From the infromation I've received already, it seems as if SJG's a good place for locals and tourists. I did hear about them being strict when it comes to people coming on the property (to the lobby area) that are not guests', but I'll have to see when I get there. I'll let you know.

Girl, they are a TOO damn strict with that. I had to cuss them out in June last year. A friend of mine was getting married and Sandals, so a lot of the guest stayed at Jamaica Grande (most of the guest were Jamaica). I had to tell off the security guard, because we walked into the town and they must of changed shift. He's going to quesition my cousins and I about how long we've been on the property. Now, we all had our wristband on. I asked him if he was damn blind and when he stood in front of us I lost it. I said, you would not treat anyone else like that so step the *&%^ off. He wanted to know when whe checked in and that he had not seen us on the property. Main reason I hate staying at resorts, I think they treat the JAMAICANS differently. At the Riu, I purchased day passes for my cousins and the guard wanted them to stay at the gate then walk up. Now, the walk from the gate to the front desk is a long A$$ walk. I said abosolutely NOT! I told them to call the front desk. Why the hell would I try to sneak people into the property, which was what the guard implied. I was so damn upset. When he checked his log, he had my cousin's names there.

I love Jamaica Grande, because everything is right there. Ochi can be a little crazy at times and I'm sure ya'll already know. Hold on to your HANDBAGS...all they have to see is the WRISTBAND and you're an instant target.

That's a shame... They reason don't have to be that strict. When I stayed at Sandcastles in February, Ray bite off our wristbands. I was like omg, what are you doing. He said we don't need people knowing where we stay. It was fine to do at Sandcastles, but probably not at any of the other resorts. I wonder what he'll do when we stay at SJG together in June...

i loved sandcastles when we stayed there!!! it is such a cute little hotel and was so close to everything that we didn't need to take a taxi we could just walk!! when i go to JA again i would stay there i really liked it better then the bigger resorts!!

Oh My!! I am glad we stay at local mom and pop places. The only place I stayed that was not mom and pop was El Greco. I hated the wrist band thing to. I made them make it big enough so I could slip it on and off.

I am totally bummed we were going to go for 2 weeks but have to cut our trip down to ten days. :crying: I guess we will live we thought the tax refund would go farther. Then tried to talk hubby into getting credit cards and he said no way. Look what I have created :wacko:

Jax...i did the same thing too to add her to my plan would be $280/per pay period..dem mussi sick inna fi dem head.

To add HD and her its $500 month. So far I have looked at Glenview insurance and for the 2 of them it would be $231. If anyone has a better plan let me know. Thanks..

Just watch the coverage, co-pays, and deductibles.......cheaper is not always better if it isn't a good plan, in the end. Babies require lots of unexpected visits.

Hi everybody! I'm new around here and finally made my way to the place where my peeps are at.

I'm a 27 yr old graduate student who lives in Jamaica. My husband is a soldier in the US Army and he's deployed to Iraq for almost 7 months now. We are just going to put in our I-130 next week and we hope for the best.

Good to see everyone here sharing all the great information on this board.

Looking forward to gettint to know everyone better as time goes along.

;)

Welcome newbie. I saw you over on the Army (?) thread the other day. Wondered when you would wander over here.

Good luck to you!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Hi guys!! I just wanted to say welcome to the new folks and good luck with your journey!! I am off to JA on Wednesday for some much needed alone time with my hubby!! I am SO EXCITED!! Everyone take care, and I'll be back in a week and a half! I'm trying to see if I packed everything..help me with my list:

Mrs. P you got me rolling on the floor :rofl: . When I went to Jamaica in November I forgot I had thrown the pack of condoms in my carry on and YES, when my bag was going through the x-ray machine it turned over and the pack of condoms dropped out. So, the TSA officer looked at me and his face turned BRIGHT red. I said, it's okay. I'm sure you know what they're for. He winked at me and said, he didn't know they came in 36-pack! I said, YEP!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Welcome Jamericanlove....keep us posted on ur journey and ask away with the question..i don't know a darn thing but the other fine ladies here will def help you... :rofl:

Ok mi ave one question..

Mi girlfriend a contemplate doing a fiance visa fi her longtime BF..well he was in England for 4yrs and the girl he lived with pressed charges of abuse..he stayed in jail 6mths then they released him saying that they couldn't find grounds to continue..mi no know if a so a just wah she atell mi him tell her...

ok, him affi go disclose that syaty in England and get a police cert from there right ?

him a try tell her dem (immigration) nah go know bout dat cause a 2 dif country..mi ask her if she really believe dat..!

so any suggestions ?

Brownie all dat fi only hospital coverage ? is that per month or pay check ?

mi woulda look pon a $1000 fi di 2 kids alone if mi use my plan..my plan is great for me but dat about it..dem no give ish bout no body else

mi just si a per month brownie

Yes, he has to get a police record from anywhere he has lived for 6 months or more since he was 16. FutureMrs/NowMrs (Sarah) and Marlon had to get one from England. She said it was fairly straightforward; but it took a while for them to process and mail it. Something like a month or so.

It might make it rough if he was in jail for domestic violence. If I were here contemplating this, I would get that immediately to see what it actually says and what she might need to do to clear up the record or apply for a waiver.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Question for all you intelligent-might-as-well-be-immigration-lawyers:

Does the K2 Visa follow the same path as the K1? More specifically, I understand until the 2 year marriage anniversary the spouse has a conditional green card and then you have to remove conditions to get the 10 yr card. Is that the same for the child as well - 2 yr card then 10 yr with the parent or does the child get the 10 yr right off the bat?

And since we have been talking bugets, Anthony and I have been working on the next phase of immigration charges (which appear to never end!!!) What was average price for the police certificate?

I already screeched at the price of the non-impediment letter. Just what the heck did I pay for with the $455 filing fee????!!!! :blink:

Dahling, that $455 is to the US Gov't. :yes::yes: You have to dole out JA$1000 for 21-day service or JA$2000 for 3-day service for the police cetificate and it is good for 6-months, then you have to pay US$80-95 for the medical depending on where you go. Then the airpack fee to deliver the passport with the visa. Then you have to buy the plane ticket, then you have to file to remove conditions/EAD/AP US$1010. :bonk::bonk: Girl it does not end :wow::lol::lol:

Not $1010 to remove conditions.....that's AOS. It's another $500 or so to remove conditions and another $600 if you are going for natualization. It is RELLY never ending.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

Ok mi ave one question..

so any suggestions ?

OK, first of all, I would tell her to make him send for his certificate.

If it's CLEAN, then nothing to worry about.

Now if he has a criminal record, unless is was a crime of moral turpitude, I believe he can get a waiver. Not sure how successful that would be though at the JAMAICAN Embassy.

Now as per the TOS, I cannot advocate him LYING about it even though there is NO WAY they can find out unless someone tells them.

Should he do this terrible thing and lie, be aware that if the immigration EVER find out, they could revoke his citizenship etc.

Of course I would NEVER encourage anyone to be dishonest :whistle:

Does he have a clean passport? If he has the same one as when he went to England, there is going to be some stamps in it.

I would not lie if I were you. You are talking about computerized immigration systems. Too easy to connect the dots.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

DIMPLES.......

Lord, I ask that you watch over her husband today during his interview. Please deliver him safely to the embassy and watch over him as he is there. Please guide the CO and bless them with patience dear God. I also ask that you also watch over Dimples today as I'm sure she is worry. Assure her that everything will work out. All these things we ask of you dear God. Amen.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
DIMPLES.......

Lord, I ask that you watch over her husband today during his interview. Please deliver him safely to the embassy and watch over him as he is there. Please guide the CO and bless them with patience dear God. I also ask that you also watch over Dimples today as I'm sure she is worry. Assure her that everything will work out. All these things we ask of you dear God. Amen.

Amen!

Hey Gill.....

When you were there did you run into Prince Charles & Camilla?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

DIMPLES.......

Amen!

Hey Gill.....

JG -- I was going to ask her to same thing. :lol:

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Timeline

Does the K2 Visa follow the same path as the K1? More specifically, I understand until the 2 year marriage anniversary the spouse has a conditional green card and then you have to remove conditions to get the 10 yr card. Is that the same for the child as well - 2 yr card then 10 yr with the parent or does the child get the 10 yr right off the bat?

And since we have been talking bugets, Anthony and I have been working on the next phase of immigration charges (which appear to never end!!!) What was average price for the police certificate?

I already screeched at the price of the non-impediment letter. Just what the heck did I pay for with the $455 filing fee????!!!! :blink:

Dahling, that $455 is to the US Gov't. :yes::yes: You have to dole out JA$1000 for 21-day service or JA$2000 for 3-day service for the police cetificate and it is good for 6-months, then you have to pay US$80-95 for the medical depending on where you go. Then the airpack fee to deliver the passport with the visa. Then you have to buy the plane ticket, then you have to file to remove conditions/EAD/AP US$1010. :bonk::bonk: Girl it does not end :wow::lol::lol:

Not $1010 to remove conditions.....that's AOS. It's another $500 or so to remove conditions and another $600 if you are going for natualization. It is RELLY never ending.

What happens if you don't file for natualization?

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline
ok..so u no affi pay extra if dem si a private doc ? dats good

No, It's a ppo, i can go out of network...i think i have to pay more but I never really go to the doctor anyways, I got it cause it cosr bout the same as the HMO plan plus my daughter has to see a cardiologist at times.

ok...yeah they try to get u with those HMO's...only dif dem mek a few xtra $$ it's all a big scam this insurance industry and when yuh check it most a di doc dem a #######...i'm all for something to happen with the insurance industry..they are dictating when and how ppl get treatment...so uUNIVERSAL HEALTH mi support what u stand for

Something has to be done for sure...It's a shame soo many people go without cause it's too darn expensive.

sssooo true!!!! Jax i found out when i was looking for health insurance for mike and i(pre baby) i got what i thought was a GREAT health plan...hahaha....some parts of it were great but other parts were not so great....really look at the deductible....that will get you every time.....i am still paying off a time where i had to take mike to the ER and they had to run all these tests on him...only for them to come back and say it was Acid Reflux :wacko: and our great insurance coverd 20 bucks....and then when i got preggo they didn't cover pregnancy at all because it was a "al a cart" option...you just have really do research on it and don't pick one just because it is cheap look at what it covers....

Timeline

What happens if you don't file for natualization?

Every 10 years you have to renew your green card for the rest of your life. I'm wondering if that means you have to carry that stupid NOA around as proof until they process or if it is quicker each time.

I think Andre is set on naturalizing......No more paperwork and a few additional benefits make it sound very attractive while we are contemplating more paperwork now!

DIMPLES.......

Amen!

Hey Gill.....

JG -- I was going to ask her to same thing. :lol:

I kept reading all the news stories and studying this pictures to see if she ever popped up.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

:lol: are you sure you don't want to join the club???? it's free to join???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.