Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaenglish....your son looks SO cute in that teddy bear outfit...OMG....i saw one last night that was a duck....and my mom was like i have to get this.... :lol: all i have to do is say AAWW and my mom is like ok i'll get it.... :lol:

Lol, I LOVE the ears on these outfits :)

They always make them look soooooo cute :)

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill @ glad you found a place. It will get easier trust me. I think the hardest part was the first couple months until hubby had time to adjust to the USA and could finally go to school and have a job so he wasn't bored. Glad things are working out. All the best.

Shrewdie @ Have a safe trip!!!

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
gill...glad you found a place for ken to stay!!! :star:

on a side note....i just looked at my baby countdown and i am on the final block..... :dance:

Congrats my dear...My sister reached full term yesterday, so she is like "this little girl can come anytime after Thursday"...(she is doing her hair on Wednesday :lol: :lol:)

You are on the final leg and we are excited for you...

Nuh mind Kimmy, your time soon come :thumbs: Before you know it, the baby is Kimora's age an' yuh ah wonda what yuh ah go do wid dem 2 pickney yah :lol: :lol:

thanks.....i would say she can come anythime after Friday....i want to first meet her pediatrician :lol:

kimmy before you know it you will be full term!!!! how is the food thing coming along??

Oh snap I need to find a pediatrician soon. I am still working on health insurance. I don't want to go along with my companies police to expensive. I need to do this over break. Making a mental note.

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Trelawny and Marlita - I hope your NOA2s soon come :clock:

We're still waiting for Damien's NOA1...he went to his biometrics appointment this morning. His CG expires April 10th.

We're STILL waiting for Tony's Green Card!!! It's been 9 months already since we sent in to "remove conditions". They are soooooo far behind.

Oh no I hope this changes by next year. This could delay hubbies college degree. I am sending mine in way early.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

Jax...i did the same thing too to add her to my plan would be $280/per pay period..dem mussi sick inna fi dem head.

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Love the pics Rhonda Monique is so adorable. Her name is going to be Jaylyn Diane. Right now we have decided she maybe the first and last. The pregnancy at times has been rough. But I am feeling good right now at this point. Are you surviving being back at work? It is good to have you back. Have a wonderful weekend!

We didn't have a middle name picked out for Monique until I was in the delivery room! Tony came up with it - Savannah - and we all loved it.

Honestly, I know you have heard this a million times, but when that baby is born, it will all be worth it! :yes: The nausea, the swollen feet, the back pain, etc.... you forget all about it when you hold your little miracle in your arms. I would do it again. Not right away, but maybe in a couple years.

Work sucks :angry: I'm supposed to be on 2nd shift, but they have everyone on days right now due to a supplier strike. The worst part is having to go to bed early when Monique is still up (she's a little night owl like her mommy!) and I want to spend time with her.

Hopefully the strike will be over soon. My mom and dad will be coming over the first week to stay with us to help me out. Because she is due on finals week. Perfect timing. We are thinking this is the only one because of the cost. We might think different after HD is done with school.

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Mawnin Lawny;

What you up to girl? I just booked a trip to JA (Sunset Jamaica Grande) for June for some family and friends. They had a trip for 5 days for $686 per person, so Ray's going to stay there with me and doesn't even know it. I'm going to surprise him if I can keep my big mouth shut that long. lol

My Meez is at the airport a little early, don't you think??? :lol:

We booked a trip for November. We're thinking of staying a few days at Sunset JA Grande. Let me know how it is and if it's friendly for locals. You know how some places are!

From the infromation I've received already, it seems as if SJG's a good place for locals and tourists. I did hear about them being strict when it comes to people coming on the property (to the lobby area) that are not guests', but I'll have to see when I get there. I'll let you know.

Girl, they are a TOO damn strict with that. I had to cuss them out in June last year. A friend of mine was getting married and Sandals, so a lot of the guest stayed at Jamaica Grande (most of the guest were Jamaica). I had to tell off the security guard, because we walked into the town and they must of changed shift. He's going to quesition my cousins and I about how long we've been on the property. Now, we all had our wristband on. I asked him if he was damn blind and when he stood in front of us I lost it. I said, you would not treat anyone else like that so step the *&%^ off. He wanted to know when whe checked in and that he had not seen us on the property. Main reason I hate staying at resorts, I think they treat the JAMAICANS differently. At the Riu, I purchased day passes for my cousins and the guard wanted them to stay at the gate then walk up. Now, the walk from the gate to the front desk is a long A$$ walk. I said abosolutely NOT! I told them to call the front desk. Why the hell would I try to sneak people into the property, which was what the guard implied. I was so damn upset. When he checked his log, he had my cousin's names there.

I love Jamaica Grande, because everything is right there. Ochi can be a little crazy at times and I'm sure ya'll already know. Hold on to your HANDBAGS...all they have to see is the WRISTBAND and you're an instant target.

That's a shame... They reason don't have to be that strict. When I stayed at Sandcastles in February, Ray bite off our wristbands. I was like omg, what are you doing. He said we don't need people knowing where we stay. It was fine to do at Sandcastles, but probably not at any of the other resorts. I wonder what he'll do when we stay at SJG together in June...

i loved sandcastles when we stayed there!!! it is such a cute little hotel and was so close to everything that we didn't need to take a taxi we could just walk!! when i go to JA again i would stay there i really liked it better then the bigger resorts!!

Oh My!! I am glad we stay at local mom and pop places. The only place I stayed that was not mom and pop was El Greco. I hated the wrist band thing to. I made them make it big enough so I could slip it on and off.

I am totally bummed we were going to go for 2 weeks but have to cut our trip down to ten days. :crying: I guess we will live we thought the tax refund would go farther. Then tried to talk hubby into getting credit cards and he said no way. Look what I have created :wacko:

Jax...i did the same thing too to add her to my plan would be $280/per pay period..dem mussi sick inna fi dem head.

To add HD and her its $500 month. So far I have looked at Glenview insurance and for the 2 of them it would be $231. If anyone has a better plan let me know. Thanks..

xTr6m6.png

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everybody! I'm new around here and finally made my way to the place where my peeps are at.

I'm a 27 yr old graduate student who lives in Jamaica. My husband is a soldier in the US Army and he's deployed to Iraq for almost 7 months now. We are just going to put in our I-130 next week and we hope for the best.

Good to see everyone here sharing all the great information on this board.

Looking forward to gettint to know everyone better as time goes along.

;)

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi everybody! I'm new around here and finally made my way to the place where my peeps are at.

I'm a 27 yr old graduate student who lives in Jamaica. My husband is a soldier in the US Army and he's deployed to Iraq for almost 7 months now. We are just going to put in our I-130 next week and we hope for the best.

Good to see everyone here sharing all the great information on this board.

Looking forward to gettint to know everyone better as time goes along.

;)

Welcome! How'd yall meet?

To add HD and her its $500 month. So far I have looked at Glenview insurance and for the 2 of them it would be $231. If anyone has a better plan let me know. Thanks..

I pay about $$235 a month for family....hospital insurance.

Edited by brownnskinn

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

Welcome Jamericanlove....keep us posted on ur journey and ask away with the question..i don't know a darn thing but the other fine ladies here will def help you... :rofl:

Ok mi ave one question..

Mi girlfriend a contemplate doing a fiance visa fi her longtime BF..well he was in England for 4yrs and the girl he lived with pressed charges of abuse..he stayed in jail 6mths then they released him saying that they couldn't find grounds to continue..mi no know if a so a just wah she atell mi him tell her...

ok, him affi go disclose that syaty in England and get a police cert from there right ?

him a try tell her dem (immigration) nah go know bout dat cause a 2 dif country..mi ask her if she really believe dat..!

so any suggestions ?

Brownie all dat fi only hospital coverage ? is that per month or pay check ?

mi woulda look pon a $1000 fi di 2 kids alone if mi use my plan..my plan is great for me but dat about it..dem no give ish bout no body else

mi just si a per month brownie

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Welcome Jamericanlove....keep us posted on ur journey and ask away with the question..i don't know a darn thing but the other fine ladies here will def help you... :rofl:

Ok mi ave one question..

Mi girlfriend a contemplate doing a fiance visa fi her longtime BF..well he was in England for 4yrs and the girl he lived with pressed charges of abuse..he stayed in jail 6mths then they released him saying that they couldn't find grounds to continue..mi no know if a so a just wah she atell mi him tell her...

ok, him affi go disclose that syaty in England and get a police cert from there right ?

him a try tell her dem (immigration) nah go know bout dat cause a 2 dif country..mi ask her if she really believe dat..!

so any suggestions ?

Brownie all dat fi only hospital coverage ? is that per month or pay check ?

mi woulda look pon a $1000 fi di 2 kids alone if mi use my plan..my plan is great for me but dat about it..dem no give ish bout no body else

No, I meant I get it through my job..sometimes we get a cheaper rate.

ok..so u no affi pay extra if dem si a private doc ? dats good

No, It's a ppo, i can go out of network...i think i have to pay more but I never really go to the doctor anyways, I got it cause it cosr bout the same as the HMO plan plus my daughter has to see a cardiologist at times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.