Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Damn, a childhood friend of mine works for Sandals, he said if we book the cheapest room, he can get us upgraded to a suite, plus get free day passes for wedding guests.

Mi nearly ded to clawt, cheapest room is $6000 fi 10 days!!!

Dammit!!!

Damn......is that during tourist season? What are they off season?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Damn, a childhood friend of mine works for Sandals, he said if we book the cheapest room, he can get us upgraded to a suite, plus get free day passes for wedding guests.

Dammit!!!

Yeah, sandals is a bit ridiculous. Mi nah kno who de people dem dat cyan afford dat dere foolishness.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

2 Guests & 4 Anonymous users right now......why are you all hiding? Come on, join in.....we don't bite!

Javesgirl are you one of them? If so, join in.

Dammit!!!

Yeah, sandals is a bit ridiculous. Mi nah kno who de people dem dat cyan afford dat dere foolishness.

What are they offering that makes it worth that price?

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
2 Guests & 4 Anonymous users right now......why are you all hiding? Come on, join in.....we don't bite!

Javesgirl are you one of them? If so, join in.

Dammit!!!

What are they offering that makes it worth that price?

A DAT mi a seh..wah di sense..when oonuh post wi si who post so mi no get it...well ENGLISH exempt cause from mi deh yah she anon :)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
i know i thought for sure when jax found out she was having a girl i would be having a boy...oh well...maybe the techs were wrong...since i first found out that i was preggo i always felt like it was going to be a girl....if not i hope a boy looks cute in pink :lol:

i am feeling fine...i have offically reached the point where i am just uncomfortable and just feel tired all the time.....

your little girl is SO SO cute!!!! how are you doing adjusting to everything?

My girlfriend has a theory that more people are having girls now because of all the hormones in the foods we eat! I have no idea if there's any truth to it, but in my childbirth preparation class, out of about 8 of us, only 1 was having a boy!!

The adjustment is hard. I miss my little one every time I have to leave her :crying:

HAHA, I call that the "super sperm" when a man is able to produce a boy. The male is the only one who can make a boy cause he has the Y chromosome. From what my sister told me...she's in the RN program and wanting to become a midwife....she said that ironically there are more Y chromosomes than X but the Y chromosomes are slower swimmers than the X so its harder for them to win the race to the egg so to speak. But you know how sometimes you see a couple who has ALL boys...hmmmmm....super sperm. haha. I don't know if ganga has a play in all this but I know they say it cuts your sperm count, so who knows.

Bwoy Lita,

Mi nuh knoa bout DAT! My hex husband was the BIGGEST POTHEAD and em give mi 2 boys! I have heard that ganja cuts the sperm count also! But he did have aduaghter with another woman so maybe the ganja smoking is cyatching up with him! I have also heard the more boys you have starting with the 3rd boy, their likelihood of becoming a homosexual increases by 33% from your 1st boy...isn't that bizarre! :blink: Anybody else hear that? It was on 60 minutes a few years ago. A British study, I believe. Needless tuh seh Missa Young wants a Daughter! :lol: We'll see...maybe in 2009 if all is working out alright.

Gill

What the Rass!! Yuh best nah tell dat to a yardie man! Him kill yuh ded wit dat obeah talk!!

Timeline
ok lets get this straight ..smoking period cuts sperm count and so does age and illnesses etc

also i heard a long time ago something in Mountian Dew does as well...not sure if that was a rumor or if it has some truth behind it....

Lawd Mountain Dew look and taste like pee tuh mi. i don't know how people drink dat. But mi see nuff men love the stuff.

Timeline
ok lets get this straight ..smoking period cuts sperm count and so does age and illnesses etc

also i heard a long time ago something in Mountian Dew does as well...not sure if that was a rumor or if it has some truth behind it....

Lawd Mountain Dew look and taste like pee tuh mi. i don't know how people drink dat. But mi see nuff men love the stuff.

IT'S A conspiracy..hahaa :lol:

it's going up on 2pm...and mi deh a work :crying: so dis maybe it fi mi til mi reach..no bodda chat too much

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

I've stayed at Beaches Boscobel (formerly Boscobel Beach Hotel).

I would say that some service at the Rius or the Grande is EXCEPTIONAL, sometimes it isn't.

Some meals are EXCEPTIONAL, most are run of the mill.

What you are paying for at Sandals is exceptional every day....When I first started going to Jamaica, I laughed at people staying in a hotel, why stay in a hotel when you could stay at a friend's house and spend the money you saved elsewhere was my opinion.

Then when my son was born, I started staying at Fisherman's Point which is self catering. Again, I was like NO WAY am I staying all inclusive. Until I tried it.

Now, I can't see myself staying in a self catering hotel and HELL NO in anyone's house.

Especially now that I can't spend a month at a time in Jamaica on vacation.

I love the all-inclusive experience mainly because of my son, he has so much fun in the pools and being able to go and get snacks whenever he wants to. Also, I love the fact I don't have to walk around with money or negotiate hordes of taxi drivers at the gate each time I want food.

I love the fact I can leave my stuff on a deck chair and the room is close by if I need anything.

Of course you can have BAD experiences at these pricey hotels, but if I could justify the $2000 price difference for 10 days between Beaches and the Grande, HELL YES I'd do it...

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
Well I am always one of the anon because I am here at work...

So for those of you that have done the whole hotel/resort thing...is it mostly JA people that work there or is there a mix of nationalities?

Mostly JA from what I've seen. Unless they have some sort of shop on the property like cigars or jewelry....they they all seem from India or somewhere like that.....Middle East.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline
i know i thought for sure when jax found out she was having a girl i would be having a boy...oh well...maybe the techs were wrong...since i first found out that i was preggo i always felt like it was going to be a girl....if not i hope a boy looks cute in pink :lol:

i am feeling fine...i have offically reached the point where i am just uncomfortable and just feel tired all the time.....

your little girl is SO SO cute!!!! how are you doing adjusting to everything?

My girlfriend has a theory that more people are having girls now because of all the hormones in the foods we eat! I have no idea if there's any truth to it, but in my childbirth preparation class, out of about 8 of us, only 1 was having a boy!!

The adjustment is hard. I miss my little one every time I have to leave her :crying:

HAHA, I call that the "super sperm" when a man is able to produce a boy. The male is the only one who can make a boy cause he has the Y chromosome. From what my sister told me...she's in the RN program and wanting to become a midwife....she said that ironically there are more Y chromosomes than X but the Y chromosomes are slower swimmers than the X so its harder for them to win the race to the egg so to speak. But you know how sometimes you see a couple who has ALL boys...hmmmmm....super sperm. haha. I don't know if ganga has a play in all this but I know they say it cuts your sperm count, so who knows.

Bwoy Lita,

Mi nuh knoa bout DAT! My hex husband was the BIGGEST POTHEAD and em give mi 2 boys! I have heard that ganja cuts the sperm count also! But he did have aduaghter with another woman so maybe the ganja smoking is cyatching up with him! I have also heard the more boys you have starting with the 3rd boy, their likelihood of becoming a homosexual increases by 33% from your 1st boy...isn't that bizarre! :blink: Anybody else hear that? It was on 60 minutes a few years ago. A British study, I believe. Needless tuh seh Missa Young wants a Daughter! :lol: We'll see...maybe in 2009 if all is working out alright.

Gill

Ohhhhhhhhh how sweet. Marcel is the middle of 3 boys and he also wants a daugther. I told him he better start learning to braid and plat hair from now, becuase mi ccan baddah wid eeh. My son's hair was so long by the time he was 3 months old.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Timeline

Dammit!!!

Damn......is that during tourist season? What are they off season?

I don't think SANDALS is worth the money!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.