Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
woieeeeeeeeeee brap brap...we wasn't in the car. We went to a beach near his house. Not far from the airport. :devil: Mi look like MAD Mavis afterwards.

:lol: I bet the tourists arriving in Jamaica got quite an eyeful from the plane!!

I've always wondered how much anyone can really see. Showering in the outdoor contraption with the planes flying overhead always had me worried.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks. :crying: I just want to DROP on the floor and start rolling. Now, mi ago BEX the whole day. I know I shouldn't be that way, but it just a BUN mi. Mi no like how dem a gwaane. Mi no like eeh a tall.

Bwaay mi feel your pain...Yuh can imagine mi sen een mi AOS from FEB FIRST and dem nuh cash mi cheque until ONE MONTH later?????????

It bun mi suh til mi si EVERBADY weh file AFTER mi a get dem NOAs and biometeics letter, and mi nuh have dry s*&*???

Now even dow dem cash it, mi STILL bex cause dem people a guh mek mi lose a MONTH....

Ha! Yall ain't got nuthin on me. Try waiting THREE MONTHS before they cash your check! Thats my situation....heck there were people waiting 4 months before check cashed not knowing if the application even reach USCIS. So now I'm nearly at the 6 month mark and NOTHIN. But mi feel yuh pain same weh.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Timeline
woieeeeeeeeeee brap brap...we wasn't in the car. We went to a beach near his house. Not far from the airport. :devil: Mi look like MAD Mavis afterwards.

:lol: I bet the tourists arriving in Jamaica got quite an eyeful from the plane!!

I've always wondered how much anyone can really see. Showering in the outdoor contraption with the planes flying overhead always had me worried.

haaaaaaaaaaaa

sorry JG I don't mean to laugh, but I can just imagine.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
i know i thought for sure when jax found out she was having a girl i would be having a boy...oh well...maybe the techs were wrong...since i first found out that i was preggo i always felt like it was going to be a girl....if not i hope a boy looks cute in pink :lol:

i am feeling fine...i have offically reached the point where i am just uncomfortable and just feel tired all the time.....

your little girl is SO SO cute!!!! how are you doing adjusting to everything?

My girlfriend has a theory that more people are having girls now because of all the hormones in the foods we eat! I have no idea if there's any truth to it, but in my childbirth preparation class, out of about 8 of us, only 1 was having a boy!!

The adjustment is hard. I miss my little one every time I have to leave her :crying:

HAHA, I call that the "super sperm" when a man is able to produce a boy. The male is the only one who can make a boy cause he has the Y chromosome. From what my sister told me...she's in the RN program and wanting to become a midwife....she said that ironically there are more Y chromosomes than X but the Y chromosomes are slower swimmers than the X so its harder for them to win the race to the egg so to speak. But you know how sometimes you see a couple who has ALL boys...hmmmmm....super sperm. haha. I don't know if ganga has a play in all this but I know they say it cuts your sperm count, so who knows.

Timeline
Mawnin Lawny;

What you up to girl? I just booked a trip to JA (Sunset Jamaica Grande) for June for some family and friends. They had a trip for 5 days for $686 per person, so Ray's going to stay there with me and doesn't even know it. I'm going to surprise him if I can keep my big mouth shut that long. lol

My Meez is at the airport a little early, don't you think??? :lol:

We booked a trip for November. We're thinking of staying a few days at Sunset JA Grande. Let me know how it is and if it's friendly for locals. You know how some places are!

From the infromation I've received already, it seems as if SJG's a good place for locals and tourists. I did hear about them being strict when it comes to people coming on the property (to the lobby area) that are not guests', but I'll have to see when I get there. I'll let you know.

Girl, they are a TOO damn strict with that. I had to cuss them out in June last year. A friend of mine was getting married and Sandals, so a lot of the guest stayed at Jamaica Grande (most of the guest were Jamaica). I had to tell off the security guard, because we walked into the town and they must of changed shift. He's going to quesition my cousins and I about how long we've been on the property. Now, we all had our wristband on. I asked him if he was damn blind and when he stood in front of us I lost it. I said, you would not treat anyone else like that so step the *&%^ off. He wanted to know when whe checked in and that he had not seen us on the property. Main reason I hate staying at resorts, I think they treat the JAMAICANS differently. At the Riu, I purchased day passes for my cousins and the guard wanted them to stay at the gate then walk up. Now, the walk from the gate to the front desk is a long A$$ walk. I said abosolutely NOT! I told them to call the front desk. Why the hell would I try to sneak people into the property, which was what the guard implied. I was so damn upset. When he checked his log, he had my cousin's names there.

I love Jamaica Grande, because everything is right there. Ochi can be a little crazy at times and I'm sure ya'll already know. Hold on to your HANDBAGS...all they have to see is the WRISTBAND and you're an instant target.

That's a shame... They reason don't have to be that strict. When I stayed at Sandcastles in February, Ray bite off our wristbands. I was like omg, what are you doing. He said we don't need people knowing where we stay. It was fine to do at Sandcastles, but probably not at any of the other resorts. I wonder what he'll do when we stay at SJG together in June...

haha, he bit it off?! this reminds me of when me and hubby were at SJG and went walking the town. he was all distraught about the wristband thing and trying to hide it. i didn't care. Look I'm from FARRIN' what yuh wanna do?! I don't really try and hide it no more cause they know....wristband or not. But once they try to start some foolishness wit me they hear just what part of FARRIN' mi cum frum...STRAIGHT HOOD! Then they back off. haha

Timeline

Hey Lawny thanks for the prayer it was great !

Rhonda yea girl AGAIN....with having BOYS VS GIRLS....it's a flip of the coin i think...in flipping the coin 100 times how many of those times u get head or tails ? and that's u probability..each time u flip u have a 50/50 chance of getting either same with babies i believe...my mom had my brother with her boyfriend b4 my dad..and had 3 girls with my dad..my aunt had 3 boys and 1 girl with the same man...it's the man that can make it boy or girl cause he carried the XY chromosome...

Lita when i filed i waited 5mths for an approval

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
i know i thought for sure when jax found out she was having a girl i would be having a boy...oh well...maybe the techs were wrong...since i first found out that i was preggo i always felt like it was going to be a girl....if not i hope a boy looks cute in pink :lol:

i am feeling fine...i have offically reached the point where i am just uncomfortable and just feel tired all the time.....

My girlfriend has a theory that more people are having girls now because of all the hormones in the foods we eat! I have no idea if there's any truth to it, but in my childbirth preparation class, out of about 8 of us, only 1 was having a boy!!

The adjustment is hard. I miss my little one every time I have to leave her :crying:

HAHA, I call that the "super sperm" when a man is able to produce a boy. The male is the only one who can make a boy cause he has the Y chromosome. From what my sister told me...she's in the RN program and wanting to become a midwife....she said that ironically there are more Y chromosomes than X but the Y chromosomes are slower swimmers than the X so its harder for them to win the race to the egg so to speak. But you know how sometimes you see a couple who has ALL boys...hmmmmm....super sperm. haha. I don't know if ganga has a play in all this but I know they say it cuts your sperm count, so who knows.

:lol: super sperm ...more X than Y hmmm...

cuts sperm count but the man carries the XY all the time not in some sperm and not in others...it's all comes down to when the chormosomes line up and what part of the male is "taken" since the woman can only give X and the man gives the choice cause of the Y..

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

HAHA, I call that the "super sperm" when a man is able to produce a boy. The male is the only one who can make a boy cause he has the Y chromosome. From what my sister told me...she's in the RN program and wanting to become a midwife....she said that ironically there are more Y chromosomes than X but the Y chromosomes are slower swimmers than the X so its harder for them to win the race to the egg so to speak. But you know how sometimes you see a couple who has ALL boys...hmmmmm....super dosperm. haha. I don't know if ganga has a play in all this but I know they say it cuts your sperm count, so who knows.

Mi no know bout dat...cause my cousin he's about to have his 12th child! He's a rastah...morning-- noon and night he's smoking.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Good morning/afternoon (F)

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend :yes:

So Kimmy are you saying you are having another girl?!? or am I confused? :unsure:

Bwoy yuh meez mek mi laugh til mi belly a hurt mi :lol: Is wha kinda bump dat?! :lol:

Ha ha.....didn't really notice till you said it. Now, when I stare at it, it reminds me of a Darth Vader head.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

So Kimmy are you saying you are having another girl?!? or am I confused? :unsure:

Bwoy yuh meez mek mi laugh til mi belly a hurt mi :lol: Is wha kinda bump dat?! :lol:

Yardie...weh u did deh fram mawnin...how u do?

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

HAHA, I call that the "super sperm" when a man is able to produce a boy. The male is the only one who can make a boy cause he has the Y chromosome. From what my sister told me...she's in the RN program and wanting to become a midwife....she said that ironically there are more Y chromosomes than X but the Y chromosomes are slower swimmers than the X so its harder for them to win the race to the egg so to speak. But you know how sometimes you see a couple who has ALL boys...hmmmmm....super dosperm. haha. I don't know if ganga has a play in all this but I know they say it cuts your sperm count, so who knows.

Mi no know bout dat...cause my cousin he's about to have his 12th child! He's a rastah...morning-- noon and night he's smoking.

I was going to say something to that effect too. I think it makes those little sperms all swim just a little faster!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

no crazy :rofl: i said..yea, girl, another one AGAIN..u know di talking no so right more time cho..how was ur wkend...think u fly now cause u ave internet :) just kidding

girl, mi no know wah dem do to mi MEEZ..but whatever no ave time fi titivate up nothing

Ha ha.....didn't really notice till you said it. Now, when I stare at it, it reminds me of a Darth Vader head.

ahha..y'll cracking me up :rofl: and mi still nah change it

Girl, they are a TOO damn strict with that. I had to cuss them out in June last year. A friend of mine was getting married and Sandals, so a lot of the guest stayed at Jamaica Grande (most of the guest were Jamaica). I had to tell off the security guard, because we walked into the town and they must of changed shift. He's going to quesition my cousins and I about how long we've been on the property. Now, we all had our wristband on. I asked him if he was damn blind and when he stood in front of us I lost it. I said, you would not treat anyone else like that so step the *&%^ off. He wanted to know when whe checked in and that he had not seen us on the property. Main reason I hate staying at resorts, I think they treat the JAMAICANS differently. At the Riu, I purchased day passes for my cousins and the guard wanted them to stay at the gate then walk up. Now, the walk from the gate to the front desk is a long A$$ walk. I said abosolutely NOT! I told them to call the front desk. Why the hell would I try to sneak people into the property, which was what the guard implied. I was so damn upset. When he checked his log, he had my cousin's names there.

I love Jamaica Grande, because everything is right there. Ochi can be a little crazy at times and I'm sure ya'll already know. Hold on to your HANDBAGS...all they have to see is the WRISTBAND and you're an instant target.

I have several ways of dealing with the wristband thing.

I either hide it under my watch or have them put it on LOOSE so I can slide it off at will....

I stayed at the Holiday Inn, and they were HORRIBLE about it, but what they did do for me was exchange the ones I cut off for new ones each time and they were cool about it.

The Jamaica Grande wouldn't though, I ended up hiding it under a big gold bangle.....

I have stayed at both Negril Rius, the Holiday Inn, Swept Away and the Jamaica Grande and I would have to say I prefer the Grande.

It's walking distance to everywhere I need to go and the food is GOOD!

HATED the good at the Holiday Inn.

Riu food was good, but they didn't have much Jamaican food.

The Jamaica Grande is very local friendly I found, they have HUGE numbers of Jamaicans staying there.

They could be a bit snobby at the Riu.

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Confession time - my husband and I stayed at the Grande Sept 06, I went back to Jamaica in Dec 06.

So, I had saved both our bands and I'd regualarly put them on and sneak over to the hotel for the day :lol: :lol:

Some of my friends came down and stayed in Ochi so they got day passes, of course I kept those too :whistle:

Forgive me for my sins!!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.