Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK...my turn to rant!!

I have been fuming for a few days now and I just gotta let it out!

Ok, as many of you know I live with my Father and my boys on LI, NY. I have been saving for Ken to come-up and move out...I figured about late June/early July.

WE ASKED KEN'S AUNT (Who lives in the Bronx) if he could stay with her until we save up enough $$ to move out! WE asked her even before we filed..."Of course...you're my sister's son...where else would you stay ray tay tay!!" We asked in July...December when we got our NOA2....in February ...when we got a date. "No problem"...EVERY-BLOODCLAAT TIME!!!

Ok, so Ken calls her on Thursday to let har knoa wi git through...wat does dis blasted ooman seh..."Well, mi pickney dem (18 & 22) kindda get big now and mi nuh tink mi ave deh space!!!! :blink::bonk::huh::o

AWATDEHBUMBARASCLAAT YUH A TALK BOUT!? :angry::angry: She never knew she didn't ave deh space inna HENNY of the prior months dem!

Yuh doan know wi arready...Wi diddna drive wid NO frigging license...through Chalky bloodclaat Hill...bus our ras fi jump through deh TEN million embassy hoop dem fi git our approval fuh give hup now!

Suh, now I am running around trying to find em a place fuh em tuh stay til wi can move out!

Ken is SO hurt...not b/c she said no...but b/c this is his FAVORITE Auntie...When yuh ear em talk bout har...yuh wouldda tink she walk pon wata! I told em..."Baby, let this be you're first lesson bout Farrin...wat people tell yuh inna JA....is a different ting when yuh reach up yehso!"

Wat pisses mi off...is yuh see other cultures and people come to this country and reach FAR!!! Its b/c dem knoa seh...if yuh give someone a start...it mus come back tuh yuh! So many of my Indian students are staying with friends of a friend of a friend (deh whole bloodcleat house jam packed....but dem nuh business wid dat!)...dem a guh to school! Bwoy, sometimes we can be our own worse enemy!

It's ok...deh devil is always working ...but so is deh Lawd and I KNOA we are BLESSED and something will happen!

Just pray fuh us fi find someting Sistrens...that's all I can seh!

Love ya'll,

Gill (L)

I feel you on that Gill. Maybe when she was promising, so did not expect him to get through. I can't understand us Jmaicans, we do not take care of our own. Also look at the Hatians them, how so much of them pack up in a small apartment or house until each one makes it on their own and then they turn around and help another. We should really take at look at how they live and take a page out of their book.

I really hope she changes her mind, because it will be less stress on you financially. Just keep praying and we have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Much love

Claire

Claire, I agree with you on this issue. It's the african-american culture period. We just don't want to see the other person succeed. It's really a shame. If we could just stick together like other cultures, life fo us would be awesome. I was thinking the same as you when you said maybe his aunt didn't think they would get through the process. If I were Ken, I would be hurt also. I hope things work out for Gill.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Mawnin my beautiful sistahs.

Jengs, it's Sunday...I'm still invited, right?

Gill,

I hope your EARS were ringing yesterday. Let me tell you when my mom and her church sisters start to pray you have no other choice but to get into the spirit. Gill, my mom stays don't let the DEVIL steal your joy. This is another test.

Brownin,

My mom wants to know if the rum worked?

I hope everyone else is okay.

********Off topic (why the HELL are the Plus size swimsuits so FRIGGIN UGLY!).

i'm trying to go to the hairdresser...why is her phone always off, i wanted to be on the way back home already..cha

I so wanted to make stewed chicken today..but i only make it with skinless chicken...and for the record yes, i am too dyam lazy to be pulling skin offa chicken in my old age

girl i haven't bought a regualr bathing suit in so long, i forget where i bought them...sorry can't remember

Girl, I just finished washing and rolling mine. It is darn long my shoulders are hurting from extending them so high. Since I moved from NYC, I haven't found a good hairdresser to do my hair. I tried the Dominicans, but all they know how to do is blowdry your hair. That I don't want. Iam comfortable just washing and rolling and brushing out. I also don't like the commercial products they use, gives me flaky scalp and breaks my hair. I use Mizani products in my hair and even if I take it to them, so don't want to use my products, even when I offer to pay the same.

I just dedicate a half a day to do my hair. I am relaxing now before that two hour sitdown under the drier.

Mawnin Lawny,

Did you check in Target? Last year they had some cute swimsuits... Also, don't sleep on Kmart, because they had some nice swimsuits with the cover-ups that matched.

They make everything plus sized ugly. I don't wear swimsuits, don't like the beach or immersing myself in any body of water other than my bath-tub. :lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Timeline

Gill,

I hope your EARS were ringing yesterday. Let me tell you when my mom and her church sisters start to pray you have no other choice but to get into the spirit. Gill, my mom stays don't let the DEVIL steal your joy. This is another test.

Brownin,

i'm trying to go to the hairdresser...why is her phone always off, i wanted to be on the way back home already..cha

I so wanted to make stewed chicken today..but i only make it with skinless chicken...and for the record yes, i am too dyam lazy to be pulling skin offa chicken in my old age

girl i haven't bought a regualr bathing suit in so long, i forget where i bought them...sorry can't remember

Girl, I just finished washing and rolling mine. It is darn long my shoulders are hurting from extending them so high. Since I moved from NYC, I haven't found a good hairdresser to do my hair. I tried the Dominicans, but all they know how to do is blowdry your hair. That I don't want. Iam comfortable just washing and rolling and brushing out. I also don't like the commercial products they use, gives me flaky scalp and breaks my hair. I use Mizani products in my hair and even if I take it to them, so don't want to use my products, even when I offer to pay the same.

I just dedicate a half a day to do my hair. I am relaxing now before that two hour sitdown under the drier.

Mawnin Lawny,

Did you check in Target? Last year they had some cute swimsuits... Also, don't sleep on Kmart, because they had some nice swimsuits with the cover-ups that matched.

They make everything plus sized ugly. I don't wear swimsuits, don't like the beach or immersing myself in any body of water other than my bath-tub. :lol::lol:

try looking at torrid.com sometimes they have cute bathing suits....also oldnavy.com they can be really cute too....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill,

Brownin,

Mawnin Lawny,

i bought some Mizani this morning, conditioners and a nighttime cream, i like their stuff also, wish they had a no-lye version, i'm allergic to lye :angry: no lye is extremely drying to the hair

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl go buy that Coach purse. Sounds so nice and pretty!! The wallet sounds good to like Shauna said.

Did you gals ever show your budgets to your husbands? I did when he first got here and that helped us. I did buy him a few things. Like a computer for school and his car so he could get there. But he hasn't asked for anything and is so on top of this budget. I think that might also be because we have a baby on the way. The best plus I ever did was get rid of the credit cards before he got here so we wouldn't go into debt.

Shauna @ Congrats on the arrival of the green card yesterday. Wow that took forever... :whistle:

Gill @ Sorry to hear about your situation may their be something better in your guys future.

Shem @ if your reading this as a guest now you will be missed. Maybe we will cross paths in JA this August. It was wonderful talking to you and finding out that our hubbies were neighbors. And all the best on receiving the 10 year green card.

Good afternoon Ladies!!!

Well we just got our tax refund now I am trying to stay in budget on planning or trip to Montego Bay. I am use to buying for one now I have to buy for three. :star: I might have to look for four hubby invited our neighbor who use to live in Mo Bay for one year. :luv: I should ask my girlfriend to go with me but I don't know how much fun I would be with a baby. :yes:

Oh cool I am going to go look at those swim suits. I am worried I wont loss this weight I gained by July. :yes:

Talking about fish that is making me hungry. Our cousin is going to take us the Jamaican Grocery store in the next 2 weeks. He is also going to make us dinner and teach us how to cook :lol: . I can't wait. I am glad we found out he has a cousin only an hour away.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline
Girl go buy that Coach purse. Sounds so nice and pretty!! The wallet sounds good to like Shauna said.

Did you gals ever show your budgets to your husbands? I did when he first got here and that helped us. I did buy him a few things. Like a computer for school and his car so he could get there. But he hasn't asked for anything and is so on top of this budget. I think that might also be because we have a baby on the way. The best plus I ever did was get rid of the credit cards before he got here so we wouldn't go into debt.

Shauna @ Congrats on the arrival of the green card yesterday. Wow that took forever... :whistle:

Gill @ Sorry to hear about your situation may their be something better in your guys future.

Shem @ if your reading this as a guest now you will be missed. Maybe we will cross paths in JA this August. It was wonderful talking to you and finding out that our hubbies were neighbors. And all the best on receiving the 10 year green card.

Good afternoon Ladies!!!

Well we just got our tax refund now I am trying to stay in budget on planning or trip to Montego Bay. I am use to buying for one now I have to buy for three. :star: I might have to look for four hubby invited our neighbor who use to live in Mo Bay for one year. :luv: I should ask my girlfriend to go with me but I don't know how much fun I would be with a baby. :yes:

Oh cool I am going to go look at those swim suits. I am worried I wont loss this weight I gained by July. :yes:

Talking about fish that is making me hungry. Our cousin is going to take us the Jamaican Grocery store in the next 2 weeks. He is also going to make us dinner and teach us how to cook :lol: . I can't wait. I am glad we found out he has a cousin only an hour away.

jax thanks....i know it took since umm November to get.....it so sssoo crazy how long it took....but i am glad that it is all done until 09....that seems so close....

Filed: Timeline
Gilli..mi a pray everything work out fi yuh..God nah sleep and him no fail uh yet

Lawny..send some a dah prayers deh dis way please

Jengs mi buy either yellow tail snapper or blue..go from 2.99-3.-49

Lawny, mi need some too,

Kimmy the only two fish i knew about was porgy and kingfish...the first time i went to the fish market for mr jengles I was clueless...

Don't worry...mi a pray fi everi badi....Jengs u season the chicken yet.

Kimmy I see youuuuu

Sunny, I just got back from TARGET...they're all UGLY :crying: and I never wear coverups, so my wah someting that's cute. All I want is a cute bathsuit that won't let me look like one damn rass BUNCH a BRIGHT flowers. Oh, well, guess I'll be swimming nude again. Of course, Marcel thinks I'm NUTS!

Ya'll every been to HEDONISM...(lord have merci) some people should never take their clothes off... :devil:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Timeline
My 5 year old ask me when my hubby's going back to JA. I asked why he say cause he's too mean I want my real daddy back...I told him he could forget it..it won't happen..he said huh??

My 13year old broke down crying once and said..How am I supposed to follow all these rules all of a sudden....did she mek me look like an asss or what?? :wacko:

Yup heard that before and my son is 5. now he's asking when is he coming back :whistle::whistle: go figure

your 13 yr old made it seem like she was doing what she want before he came...that is too funny

Yep I say that because sometimes you don't realize how much we are actually letting them get away with stuff until someone on the outside is looking in and with my working and going to school all the time, hubby pointed out things I never thought about before or just didn't make time.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Gilli..mi a pray everything work out fi yuh..God nah sleep and him no fail uh yet

Lawny..send some a dah prayers deh dis way please

Jengs mi buy either yellow tail snapper or blue..go from 2.99-3.-49

Lawny, mi need some too,

Kimmy the only two fish i knew about was porgy and kingfish...the first time i went to the fish market for mr jengles I was clueless...

Don't worry...mi a pray fi everi badi....Jengs u season the chicken yet.

Kimmy I see youuuuu

Sunny, I just got back from TARGET...they're all UGLY :crying: and I never wear coverups, so my wah someting that's cute. All I want is a cute bathsuit that won't let me look like one damn rass BUNCH a BRIGHT flowers. Oh, well, guess I'll be swimming nude again. Of course, Marcel thinks I'm NUTS!

Ya'll every been to HEDONISM...(lord have merci) some people should never take their clothes off... :devil:

i have perm in my hair and u a chat bout chicken... mi never by the chicken cause they didn't have want mi want...did u try marshalls and dem place??

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

:ot:

My turn to rant!! My husband has been talking about getting a I-Phone for a while, he has a phone and really doesn't need it other than the fact that he's into the whole style thing :angry: We've gone back and forth about it for months now. Well today he calls me and tells me that he has something for me and to call him when I'm on my way home from work so he can be there when I get home cause he wanted to spend some time with me before he goes to his second job... Need I say I burned the freeway down getting home :devil: I get here before him he comes in and gives me some money and tells me to pay off my credit card with it and spend the rest on myself. Then he tells me that one of his friends ordered a I-Phone for him... Next thing I know I see him pugging it in to charge :o:diablo: My whole mood changed to pissed off!!! The way he said it to me ws like it was on order, not that he had gotten one! I felt like tha was one of those quiet as kept things! I told him if you can have a I-Phone then I can have a new purse!! He had the nerve to try to protest!!

I'm sure you guys are wondering WHY I got mad about it....

1. That thing cost toooo dyam much if you ask me!!

2. Whenever I mention wanting to go buy a new Coach purse he has a fit and say... Nuh chat bout Bloodclat purse tuh mi!! yuh already haffi nuf purse dem inna deh closet, nuh sar mi nuh gwan fe spend suh much on waan bag!!!

We planned to go out shopping tomorrow to buy a few things... Guess what I'll be getting... Thats right a brand new COACH bag!!

He is going to drop dead but thats ok cause while he chats on his new phone, I'll be swinging my purse :yes:

Don't blame you or wondering why you are mad about it...I guess we all gone be sportin new coach bags :lol: . Those are very expensive and yes the fees alone are going to kill him on the monthy bill. one of the reasons why I descided against it, it has all these features you have to pay extra for just to use. It is funny tho...that must be some friend...I thought it was cute how he paid of the credit card and gave you the rest tho.. soo gwaan go get yo bag :yes:

Gill,

Brownin,

:thumbs: GURL yes..I was about to go to urgent care like clarey suggested but I was drinking rum tea like crazy, then sleeping some more, wakin up in sweats and just drinkin more tea..It was over proof rum...I guess this stuff will kill bacteria in the thorat too cause my pus pockets are bout gone...I know claire will tell me to go get some anitbiotics but it's not sore anymore...iI know I'm a bad nurse but I do feel better.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny mi no know if u have like a Lord & Taylor or even Macy's I like their bathing suits...u know weh mi ave one from fi ever and still look cris newport news...dem do the separaes thing and mi like bikini so mi get a bwoy shorts and a takini top love it and a black it no fail mi yet..mi get one cover up wah look like shirt but a mess and it ave one hood...no know if u want something like that...but u and ur very sexy self don't want a cover up..so...gets the huntin :thumbs::lol:

Jengs yuh wash out yuh perm

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Claire, I agree with you on this issue. It's the african-american culture period. We just don't want to see the other person succeed. It's really a shame. If we could just stick together like other cultures, life fo us would be awesome. I was thinking the same as you when you said maybe his aunt didn't think they would get through the process. If I were Ken, I would be hurt also. I hope things work out for Gill.

Ditto Gill...family dem the worst at kicking you when your down and hatin on you when you succeed.Wishin the best for u.

Filed: Timeline
Lawny mi no know if u have like a Lord & Taylor or even Macy's I like their bathing suits...u know weh mi ave one from fi ever and still look cris newport news...dem do the separaes thing and mi like bikini so mi get a bwoy shorts and a takini top love it and a black it no fail mi yet..mi get one cover up wah look like shirt but a mess and it ave one hood...no know if u want something like that...but u and ur very sexy self don't want a cover up..so...gets the huntin :thumbs::lol:

Jengs yuh wash out yuh perm

My mom just stop by. You must have been sending her vibes Kimmy, because it's Macy's she find one and I got a bwoy short and takini top. Den she go buy mi coverup fi di bottom...mi tell mi no wear dat. My big BAXIDE near SUNLIGHT! :P Hear my mom, a musah heartattack mi wah di man dem pon di beach catch.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.