Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does it matter if you owe taxes every year? What exactly is it that they want to see? Alos, is there a certain amount of money you should have in your bank account? I only plan on providing information on one of my bank accounts, but was wondering if I need to provide information on all three. This of course is whenever I get to this point. Just curious....

Depends upon how much you make Sunny. One interviewer did take those returns...SERIOUSLY!! She was like your SO OWES ALOT of TAXES EVERY YEAR and is barely able to take care of herself...

Just open an ING account now and start throwing whatever you can into! I get $$ back but my savings was pitiful. That's what I did...but they didn't even ask for the blasted bank statement!!! :angry:

Bless,Gill

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
JG..actually i am hoping it's a boy :) just that i love the girl names :luv:

GURL....

IS WAH MI DOAN TELL YUH BOUT BOYS ARREADY!!!!! Yuh nuh see ow my two carry on , when yuh come fuh yuh tings dem!!! I told them dat Kimora acted more mature than they did...when you guys left! Dyam disgrace that a 2 1/2 year old acts better than a 7 and 9 year old!!! :blink::blink:

JUST STICK WID DEH GIRLS!!!!! TRUST MI!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(L) Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline
Clairey, Michelle..only us here tonite huh

When yuh no si Jengs yuh mus know ..wait til she come

How many of u guys go to the north shore when visiting ? or how many met their SO there ?

It's the north coast silly :lol::lol: . I have not done the tourist thing since I was married. We used to do the tourist thing every year and always ended up in Negril.

I met Mike in Old Harbour and the only place we went together was to Little Ochie and to Portmore and Kingston when I went to visit my sisters. The first time I visited him it was on short notice and he was not able to get off work and the second time it rained the whole time I was there. :lol::lol: You know how we spent the time, don't you? :innocent::innocent:

Clariey,

Ken & I LOVE likkle Ochie!! OMG-d...my man thought he died and went to heaven when he saw all those fish! He would eat fish EVERYDAY if he could! :no:...I mean I like fish....but everyday :no::lol:!

I keep telling him to get a belly full of his beloved snapper now...cause at $8.00 a lb...we won't be eating that to often here!

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline
:ot:

My turn to rant!! My husband has been talking about getting a I-Phone for a while, he has a phone and really doesn't need it other than the fact that he's into the whole style thing :angry: We've gone back and forth about it for months now. Well today he calls me and tells me that he has something for me and to call him when I'm on my way home from work so he can be there when I get home cause he wanted to spend some time with me before he goes to his second job... Need I say I burned the freeway down getting home :devil: I get here before him he comes in and gives me some money and tells me to pay off my credit card with it and spend the rest on myself. Then he tells me that one of his friends ordered a I-Phone for him... Next thing I know I see him pugging it in to charge :o:diablo: My whole mood changed to pissed off!!! The way he said it to me ws like it was on order, not that he had gotten one! I felt like tha was one of those quiet as kept things! I told him if you can have a I-Phone then I can have a new purse!! He had the nerve to try to protest!!

I'm sure you guys are wondering WHY I got mad about it....

1. That thing cost toooo dyam much if you ask me!!

2. Whenever I mention wanting to go buy a new Coach purse he has a fit and say... Nuh chat bout Bloodclat purse tuh mi!! yuh already haffi nuf purse dem inna deh closet, nuh sar mi nuh gwan fe spend suh much on waan bag!!!

We planned to go out shopping tomorrow to buy a few things... Guess what I'll be getting... Thats right a brand new COACH bag!!

He is going to drop dead but thats ok cause while he chats on his new phone, I'll be swinging my purse :yes:

Yuh dyam right Sonny! It's not even just buying dat blasted phone...it's maintaining the flipping BILL!!!!!! Lawd, dem charge yuh fuh hevery claating ting! Gwaan guh buy yuh Coach yah mi love.

Dyam foolishness! Bwoy, I don't get them sometimes! :no:

Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Timeline

OK...my turn to rant!!

I have been fuming for a few days now and I just gotta let it out!

Ok, as many of you know I live with my Father and my boys on LI, NY. I have been saving for Ken to come-up and move out...I figured about late June/early July.

WE ASKED KEN'S AUNT (Who lives in the Bronx) if he could stay with her until we save up enough $$ to move out! WE asked her even before we filed..."Of course...you're my sister's son...where else would you stay ray tay tay!!" We asked in July...December when we got our NOA2....in February ...when we got a date. "No problem"...EVERY-BLOODCLAAT TIME!!!

Ok, so Ken calls her on Thursday to let har knoa wi git through...wat does dis blasted ooman seh..."Well, mi pickney dem (18 & 22) kindda get big now and mi nuh tink mi ave deh space!!!! :blink::bonk::huh::o

AWATDEHBUMBARASCLAAT YUH A TALK BOUT!? :angry::angry: She never knew she didn't ave deh space inna HENNY of the prior months dem!

Yuh doan know wi arready...Wi diddna drive wid NO frigging license...through Chalky bloodclaat Hill...bus our ras fi jump through deh TEN million embassy hoop dem fi git our approval fuh give hup now!

Suh, now I am running around trying to find em a place fuh em tuh stay til wi can move out!

Ken is SO hurt...not b/c she said no...but b/c this is his FAVORITE Auntie...When yuh ear em talk bout har...yuh wouldda tink she walk pon wata! I told em..."Baby, let this be you're first lesson bout Farrin...wat people tell yuh inna JA....is a different ting when yuh reach up yehso!"

Wat pisses mi off...is yuh see other cultures and people come to this country and reach FAR!!! Its b/c dem knoa seh...if yuh give someone a start...it mus come back tuh yuh! So many of my Indian students are staying with friends of a friend of a friend (deh whole bloodcleat house jam packed....but dem nuh business wid dat!)...dem a guh to school! Bwoy, sometimes we can be our own worse enemy!

It's ok...deh devil is always working ...but so is deh Lawd and I KNOA we are BLESSED and something will happen!

Just pray fuh us fi find someting Sistrens...that's all I can seh!

Love ya'll,

Gill (L)

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Does it matter if you owe taxes every year? What exactly is it that they want to see? Also, is there a certain amount of money you should have in your bank account? I only plan on providing information on one of my bank accounts, but was wondering if I need to provide information on all three. This of course is whenever I get to this point. Just curious....

Depends upon how much you make Sunny. One interviewer did take those returns...SERIOUSLY!! She was like your SO OWES ALOT of TAXES EVERY YEAR and is barely able to take care of herself...

Just open an ING account now and start throwing whatever you can into! I get $$ back but my savings was pitiful. That's what I did...but they didn't even ask for the blasted bank statement!!! :angry:

Bless,Gill

Thanks Gill,

I'm not too worried... Just because you owe taxes doesn't mean you can't take care of yourself, so I don't know where they got that from. lol For me, I simply prefer to have my money during the year. It's a shame you spend all that time preparing all your paperwork and then they don't even ask for it. Well, at least you saved some money girl...lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK...my turn to rant!!

Ok, as many of you know I live with my Father and my boys on LI, NY. I have been saving for Ken to come-up and move out...I figured about late June/early July.

WE ASKED KEN'S AUNT (Who lives in the Bronx) if he could stay with her until we save up enough $$ to move out! WE asked her even before we filed..."Of course...you're my sister's son...where else would you stay ray tay tay!!" We asked in July...December when we got our NOA2....in February ...when we got a date. "No problem"...EVERY-BLOODCLAAT TIME!!!

Ok, so Ken calls her on Thursday to let har knoa wi git through...wat does dis blasted ooman seh..."Well, mi pickney dem (18 & 22) kindda get big now and mi nuh tink mi ave deh space!!!! :blink::bonk::huh::o

AWATDEHBUMBARASCLAAT YUH A TALK BOUT!? :angry::angry: She never knew she didn't ave deh space inna HENNY of the prior months dem!

Yuh doan know wi arready...Wi diddna drive wid NO frigging license...through Chalky bloodclaat Hill...bus our ras fi jump through deh TEN million embassy hoop dem fi git our approval fuh give hup now!

Suh, now I am running around trying to find em a place fuh em tuh stay til wi can move out!

Ken is SO hurt...not b/c she said no...but b/c this is his FAVORITE Auntie...When yuh ear em talk bout har...yuh wouldda tink she walk pon wata! I told em..."Baby, let this be you're first lesson bout Farrin...wat people tell yuh inna JA....is a different ting when yuh reach up yehso!"

Wat pisses mi off...is yuh see other cultures and people come to this country and reach FAR!!! Its b/c dem knoa seh...if yuh give someone a start...it mus come back tuh yuh! So many of my Indian students are staying with friends of a friend of a friend (deh whole bloodcleat house jam packed....but dem nuh business wid dat!)...dem a guh to school! Bwoy, sometimes we can be our own worse enemy!

It's ok...deh devil is always working ...but so is deh Lawd and I KNOA we are BLESSED and something will happen!

Love ya'll,

Gill (L)

Sorry to hear that Gill, I hope things work out for you. So I take it that he can't just stay at your dads for a few months until you can save enough money to get something else. What are your other options? Is there someone else you can ask? When are you expecting Ken to arrive?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK...my turn to rant!!

Love ya'll,

Gill (L)

is true ting dat, my indian contractor lives in an apt with about 8 other guys, always u to see him sitting outside and i used to think why is he living like that, then one day my boy starts complaining about his house...i'm like house what house...oh he has a house over by the hospitals (kings county) and he's renting it out to doctors and get this...my boy put down $70,000 dollars on the house :blink::blink::blink: I wish one day i could open my bank statement and see $70,000 grand and it not be a mistake on the part of the bank!

oh and good morning everyone!!

Edited by Jengles

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My turn to rant!! My husband has been talking about getting a I-Phone for a while, he has a phone and really doesn't need it other than the fact that he's into the whole style thing :angry: We've gone back and forth about it for months now. Well today he calls me and tells me that he has something for me and to call him when I'm on my way home from work so he can be there when I get home cause he wanted to spend some time with me before he goes to his second job... Need I say I burned the freeway down getting home :devil: I get here before him he comes in and gives me some money and tells me to pay off my credit card with it and spend the rest on myself. Then he tells me that one of his friends ordered a I-Phone for him... Next thing I know I see him pugging it in to charge :o:diablo: My whole mood changed to pissed off!!! The way he said it to me ws like it was on order, not that he had gotten one! I felt like tha was one of those quiet as kept things! I told him if you can have a I-Phone then I can have a new purse!! He had the nerve to try to protest!!

2. Whenever I mention wanting to go buy a new Coach purse he has a fit and say... Nuh chat bout Bloodclat purse tuh mi!! yuh already haffi nuf purse dem inna deh closet, nuh sar mi nuh gwan fe spend suh much on waan bag!!!

We planned to go out shopping tomorrow to buy a few things... Guess what I'll be getting... Thats right a brand new COACH bag!!

He is going to drop dead but thats ok cause while he chats on his new phone, I'll be swinging my purse :yes:

those are the same kind of fights i used to have with mike....over phones...clothes...shoes anything that was "stylish" and when i said NO like a mother to her son he would act like a little child or say see you are holding me back you don't want me to look good.... :wacko:

so i think you should not only get a new coach bag....but a coach wallet to match the bag a umbrella to go with it and anything else that matches.....that's how i see it.... :yes:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK...my turn to rant!!

Love ya'll,

Gill (L)

gill first off sorry to hear that....i know how it is when you make plans with someone and then they go ahead and break the deal....i hate that with a passion!!! 2nd unfortunatly you are right about him learning this lesson and unfortunatly as well this won't be the last time....many times people said oh ya not a problem and the day he was going to go with them or whatever the cancelled out on him and he got very upset as to why they would do that and all i can say is it is what it is and just move on.....

i hope you are able to find a place....and try not to stress out too much things have a funny way or working themselves out....and who knows this may be a blessing in disguise....

Filed: Timeline

Good Mawnin my beautiful sistahs.

Jengs, it's Sunday...I'm still invited, right?

Gill,

I hope your EARS were ringing yesterday. Let me tell you when my mom and her church sisters start to pray you have no other choice but to get into the spirit. Gill, my mom stays don't let the DEVIL steal your joy. This is another test.

Brownin,

My mom wants to know if the rum worked?

I hope everyone else is okay.

********Off topic (why the HELL are the Plus size swimsuits so FRIGGIN UGLY!).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Shyne,

DWLLLLLLLLLL...mi naw laugh aftah u, but with u. My ex (every time I buy a new purse) with MY FRIGGIN MONEY he has a fit. Bout why mi afi ave so much handbag...mi just seh gwaan weh u a go! I too do agree that PHONE is to damn expensive and people never use all the features. I work with a lot of technies and they're bored with the phone aready. But girl, that was too funny. I can so RELATE!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

OK...my turn to rant!!

Love ya'll,

Gill (L)

Girl, aint that the TRUTH! And as much as I hate to say it, we are our worse enemies. My auntie use to help people when they first come up for Jamaica. She did it for well over 15 years, but she stopped last year. She helped her husband's sister by letting her and her husband lived with her and unknown to her they ran up her phone bill. They stole things from her it was just a mess.

When my mom came to the states, she lived in a one room with 2 other ladies from Jamaica. They paid $50 a month for rent and they got along, because they had not other choice. My mom lived like that for a year and a half while going through nursing school.

I tell you, FAMILY! Marcel aunt from Queens is DEMANDING that he come live with her (because he don't know what kind a livestyle I'm living in Maryland. Now, ####### is that suppose to me. So, I told her to file for him then. Damn rass ediaattttt. I have no RESPECT for this woman. If she wasn't an older woman I would really, cho mi caan even type wah mi woudah do.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Mawnin my beautiful sistahs.

Jengs, it's Sunday...I'm still invited, right?

Gill,

I hope your EARS were ringing yesterday. Let me tell you when my mom and her church sisters start to pray you have no other choice but to get into the spirit. Gill, my mom stays don't let the DEVIL steal your joy. This is another test.

Brownin,

My mom wants to know if the rum worked?

I hope everyone else is okay.

********Off topic (why the HELL are the Plus size swimsuits so FRIGGIN UGLY!).

i'm trying to go to the hairdresser...why is her phone always off, i wanted to be on the way back home already..cha

I so wanted to make stewed chicken today..but i only make it with skinless chicken...and for the record yes, i am too dyam lazy to be pulling skin offa chicken in my old age

girl i haven't bought a regualr bathing suit in so long, i forget where i bought them...sorry can't remember

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.