Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Hi everyone,

I would like to thank everyone again for welcoming me to this board a month ago when I joined. I haven't been on much due to being extremely busy at work and trying to put together my K1 petition, oh yea and when I'm not doing that, I'm always sleeping :) I'm almost done with the application and I'm planning to send it early next week, just waiting on the G-325A from my SO and I have to take my passport pic.

Anyway, wanted to say congrats to the ladies who got approved! must be a big relief to say the least. I've just caught up with the last few pages and saw the two reports on the embassy experience, now I'm a little worried and was hoping to get some clarification:

1) I was told the fiancee was not required to be with the SO at the interview. I'm thinking if we get lucky enough, and lets say my SO gets an interview when I'm in my third trimester and really pregnant and can't travel to go to the interview with him, will this be held against him? If the interview is some time after I give birth, I def. plan to be there. You're not "required" its just "recommended" A big recommendation being that its a big interview. But if your preggers and can't make it I'd send a letter stating this with a photo of you and your belly....that should be more than fine and prob benefit your interview.

2) The G325A form asks for employment history for last 5 years. My SO was attending UWI until this last semester when he was forced to take a leave cause he couldn't afford tuition, when he did work during this time, it was doing odd jobs and not on the books. He just recently was able to get a legit job. Will this be held against him? Should I put that he was a student in that section, or leave it blank? He doesn't have to be working. Just include a seperate sheet stating the exact circumstances you stated here. Treat this application like a resume. Employees like to know why there were breaks in your employment. As long as you explain the situation and not leave it to them to guess you should be fine. many people don't work while in school so that is not a problem at all.

3)I've gathered pretty much all of the evidence that we have to prove our relationship including pictures, emails, phone records, and travel itineraries. The problem is when I flew there to see him I did not keep the boarding passes :wacko: I was thinking of copying the stamps on my passport and putting it together with the email confirmations that I received when I booked my airfare online. Is this enough proof of travel? I don't have prove of hotel receipts b/c my SO paid for the hotel when I visited. Your stamped passport is more than enough. Don't worry too much bout hotel receipts cause many people just stay at the SO's house of with family so that is not a required item. Just showing that you were on the island an photos with you and SO are good. Emails, letters, phone bills are good too.

4)Finally, how do I put together all that information? in a binder with tabs? scrapbook? Just put it in an organized manner. clipped together. You can have 1 folder of envelope of all the "proof of visits and relationship info". The service center just pulls it all apart anyway and puts it in their own format. As long as you look organized your good. I would suggest if your photos are digital to just put them in a word document with a caption under each and print mutliple photos to one sheet. This i think is better than giving loose photos but thats just my opinion.

Thanks!

ps: sorry for the long post.

Welcome to the thread! :thumbs:

Ditto to all that she said..... and Welcome.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Gill u betta put one disclaimer..casue mi TOWNIE TO DI BONE ...hahhaaa...u affi know wah yuh a do..u get spoiled by the "country" hush...it is def not fi everybody

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congrats Gill!! It was lovely hearing about your interview.. My husband use to work at the Holiday Inn Sunpree as a musician. Congrats on your new journey he will be sooner than you know it. Welcome back :thumbs:

A lot of us on here have that HI connection.

FUH REAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I found that out AFTER the interview...or I'd been suspicous (sp?) :unsure::lol::lol::lol:

Bless,Gill

Gwaan weh u deh guh Gill. I told yah! I met Marcel also in building 1 floor 4

*cha* mi stay at holiday Inn and how come mi never meet anybody....mi feel left out...do u think it was because i stayed there with mr jengles?? but since when did that ever stop a jamaican man??

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
Congrats Gill!! It was lovely hearing about your interview.. My husband use to work at the Holiday Inn Sunpree as a musician. Congrats on your new journey he will be sooner than you know it. Welcome back :thumbs:

A lot of us on here have that HI connection.

FUH REAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I found that out AFTER the interview...or I'd been suspicous (sp?) :unsure::lol::lol::lol:

Bless,Gill

Gwaan weh u deh guh Gill. I told yah! I met Marcel al :help: so in building 1 floor 4

*cha* mi stay at holiday Inn and how come mi never meet anybody....mi feel left out...do u think it was because i stayed there with mr jengles?? but since when did that ever stop a jamaican man??

ahaha..cho :help:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

:ot:

OMG!!! I was 'touched' twice this week! i have never been so excited to be fondled by a stranger in all my life! I know it could mean absolutely nothing but I've been waiting a LOOOONNNNG time for this stinkin NOA2 and this just got me excited!!

OK... :ot2:

UR too funny, I hope it's what you need to hear.

Jens I hope you and I both get to feeling better. I haven't been in that great of a mood either and being sick dosen't help any. Hubby had the nerve to say to me last night he's hungry and tired, When he came home from work. I'm like I'm hot and weak and do I look like I give a damn. :blink:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Glad to have you back Rhonda, can't wait to see pics :yes:

Yeah, I need help with that :wacko: How do I put a pic up? Do you put it right into your signature? I'm computer illiterate sometimes! All my photos are thru Kodak gallery. I finally figured out how to send them to family and friends, but I'm not sure how to post one on here.

Welcome back Rhonda!!!! :goofy: can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Hey there! I can't believe you and Jax are both having girls!! It seems everyone I know lately is having a girl. How's it going?

i know i thought for sure when jax found out she was having a girl i would be having a boy...oh well...maybe the techs were wrong...since i first found out that i was preggo i always felt like it was going to be a girl....if not i hope a boy looks cute in pink :lol:

i am feeling fine...i have offically reached the point where i am just uncomfortable and just feel tired all the time.....

your little girl is SO SO cute!!!! how are you doing adjusting to everything?

Timeline
Gill that story is too funny. What area is considered downtown Kingston. Is that where the Hilton is?

Gurl, I don't know...I think it was Central Downtown Kingston! Like the Centre...I dyam near got ran over twice!!! Lawd ave mercy! Inna a big black dress inna deh mid day sun plus deh whole dyam place smell RENK!!! I'm sorry no disrespect to the Kinggies...but mi neva miss Mo Bay han Greenwood suh much inna mi life! I liked Portmore though...LOVED THE MALL!!!!!!

Gill

Yeah I didn't like Kingston either. I'll take Mobay anyday, actually I really like Mandeville.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Ok, mi have one topic....

Why do you think it is that there are large concentrations of one or the other gender marrying certain nationalities???

Ie, with American/Jamaican marriages, the WOMAN is most often AMERICAN same for MENA and African marriages, in Russian/American marriages, the MAN is most often American and the same for Filipino/American relationships.....

You know I have thought about this a lot and haven't really come to a good conclusion. I know they discuss this all the time in the MENA and Russia forum and have quite a varying degree of what they thing contributes to such a vast difference in certain genders seeking other nationalities. Not sure what I think about it all...I am going to have to think on this more.

i think american men go after filipino women because they have a stereotype of being very biddable, meaning they are willing to let the men run things and and the women run the house.

men want russian women because they are viewed as being very pretty...almost exotic...

plus it is more sociable exceptable for a male to come home with a flipino wife and russian wife vvs the other way around.

With that it's every man and pickney for themself cause mi go back to bed :hehe:

boy u been sleeping a lot nowadays, u sure is just sick u sick?

Timeline
one more question: How many months worth of phone bills are sufficient as secondary evidence?

while i don't think there is a cut off, the more u have the better for u, i.e. you should have something from the beginning, middle, and clos to the interview date.

other's might have provided other time periods.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jens I hope you and I both get to feeling better. I haven't been in that great of a mood either and being sick dosen't help any. Hubby had the nerve to say to me last night he's hungry and tired, When he came home from work. I'm like I'm hot and weak and do I look like I give a damn. :blink:

Why is it that when men are sick, hungry or tired, they expect the woman to drop everything and cater to them? :angry::angry: Did he forget that you are sick and should be pampering you. Mek him go siddun yah. :)

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.