Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Congrats Gill!! It was lovely hearing about your interview.. My husband use to work at the Holiday Inn Sunpree as a musician. Congrats on your new journey he will be sooner than you know it. Welcome back :thumbs:

A lot of us on here have that HI connection.

FUH REAL!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I found that out AFTER the interview...or I'd been suspicous (sp?) :unsure::lol::lol::lol:

Bless,Gill

Gwaan weh u deh guh Gill. I told yah! I met Marcel also in building 1 floor 4

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Totally :ot: Here goes.

How are interviews scheduled anyways? Do they set aside certain amount of interview appointments for K-1, K-3, IR-1, CR-1, visitors, working visas? Or do they just randomly schedule them, as the applications are approved? Any thoughts or ideas on this for you experienced ones?

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mawning Fams,

I just thought of something for those filing after me!

Make sure you have a copy of your original petition. Make a copy and send it to your SO. That's where they get MAJORITY of their questions from...duh! I didn't realize that until I keep seeing the same pattern of questions being asked over and over again.

Also if you haven't filed yet. Make your description of how you met as brief and concise as possible. The more details you give them...the more questions they can ask! I only wrote a paragraph of how we met (because I was too dyam lazy & annoyed fuh go inna more details at the time). But it worked out for the best in the end!

For those of you that have interviews coming up...GET YOUR 2007 tax returns!! If you have those for whatever reason they are pleased! You DO NOT have to have the transcripts for 2007...just the return. Nuff people went up with 2006 and they seemed annoyed...some people even got a blue slip to come back when they have them!

Hmmmmm...I think that's it!

Bless, Gill

P.S.- How is everyone tiddeh?

Hey Gill....Welcome Back!

Thanks for the info about the interview process....you shoulda seen the Post I made last week while u were away.....I think I'm taking TOO much info, actually..... :lol:

Congrats!

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Heyyyy Rhonda!!!

Go to www.tinypic.com and upload a photo there.

You will see a code starting with [ img ]

Copy the entire string.

Then go to your VJ contrl panel and click on 'edit signature'

Then paste the url you got from tinypic and voila!!

Thank you! It worked - but why is my pic so big?

awww...so cute!!

You needed to have hit 'resize' when uploading, but I did it for you, just hit 'reply' to this message and copy the string from my post and paste it into your sig.

2vweq0y.jpg

Rhonda, I think she looks SO much like her dad!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline

Rhonda........she is BEAUTIFUL.

How's it feel to be back at work? How's Tony?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

You needed to have hit 'resize' when uploading, but I did it for you, just hit 'reply' to this message and copy the string from my post and paste it into your sig.

Rhonda, I think she looks SO much like her dad!

Thanks :thumbs: Some say she looks like Tony, some think she looks like me. She has his nose and my eyes! I love her blue eyes - I hope they don't change color!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

It sucks :angry: I miss Monique! Also, all the employees are laid off this week (and next week) due to a supplier strike so we're just here doing "busy work". I'd rather be doing my real job - it helps the time go by.

Tony is on "mom" duty this week and next week :whistle:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

WOW! I never knew this picture thing was so easy :dance: Now I'm gonna put pics up all the time!

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Afternoon Yardies!

Gill, Congrats again girl. What a huge step for you guys.

All the beautiful babies are driving me nuts. Anyone need a babysitter? BEAUTIFUL BABIES. JaEnglish-Everyday I look forward to a new pic of that baby... He's so handsome.

I hope everyone is enjoying their day so far. I'm counting down until it's time to go home. (2 hours, 13 minutes and 46 seconds) 45, 44, 43, 42, 41, 40, 39. 38. 37 lol

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

It sucks :angry: I miss Monique! Also, all the employees are laid off this week (and next week) due to a supplier strike so we're just here doing "busy work". I'd rather be doing my real job - it helps the time go by.

Tony is on "mom" duty this week and next week :whistle:

Rhonda, your baby seems to be a very happy baby. She looks like she worked so hard helping Santa, she fell asleep on the job :lol::lol:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: Timeline
Yeah Nbees,

I agree she was really mean to Andrew(We were sitting in the back...Ken had on a light Green shirt & I had on a black & white dress)...which I thought was unecessary! I also agree that if you can GO for the interview! For whatever reason they are brutal on those that go without their SO.. I heard one interviewer ask "This is a very big day for you...Why isn't your fiance/wife here?" A number of times to different applicants.

I swear so many people were trying to get over...it started to piss me off! Cause it just makes it harder for legit couples to get through...Everyone han dem Momma filed a 'Fiance Visa'!!

Mi seh people can say what they want about VJ and my Yardie thread...but if you come in and ASK yuh questions dem...yuh won't go wrong! Ken was like Thank you VJ!! DYAM RIGHT!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

Blessed,

Gill

Thats very true. I know there are many reasons why a person can't be there...financial...work...other commitments...but it is a big day and its like not showing up for a job interview. Even though the visa is for your SO, the ONLY reason why they are even in the process of getting this visa is cause of you so I beiliev you should definitely go and treat it just like it was the 2 of you having the interview.

So for all these fiance visas that you guys say people were there for, were their SO there too? I wonder about these "fradulent' cases. Were these people like someone who was trying to get over on their SO, or do you think it was a situation where the SO from the States new this was a sting operation all along?

Bwoy Lita,

I'm telling you. One lady Ken saw at his medical was at the interview and told the USCIS officer she met her fiance over the phone! OK, she was like 60 years old...yeah I know love don't have an age but...The interviewer was like so he just randomly called your number one day? No, my uncle set us up! Oh, then you just fell in love with him...over the phone???The lady was like "Hmmmm...Yes...I guess so?!" He came to visit you once in 2 years and you know this is the man for you? "Hmmmm....Yes...I believe so!"

NOW C'MON!!!!!

A next young gyal was just a mess and the USCIS told her she was going to throw her out of the Embassy if she didn't stop lying! On the original paperwork is wrote that she was living with a man...but then when the interviewer asked she said she was by herself when she met her Fiance!

Then she asked her for proof...pictures, cards, ...letters phone bills! She pulls out phone bills...The interviewer was like "You went MONTHS without speaking to your fiance and that was ok with you!? You're a very trusting woman...cause I couldn't do that! Can you give me ONE reason ...just one as to why you have to go to the States?"

Deh dyam fool gyal seh..."I don't know...tuh see him!" NO WRONG ANSWER!!! "BECAUSE I LOVE HIM AND CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM!!!" The interviewer LACED har rass!!

"1). I in no way shape or form believe your ####### & bull story! 2). Do you know that the JA gov't. can have you arrested for lying to an international officer! 3). Yuh cyan see your 'fiance' deh next time he comes down here, if that's the only reason you NEED to go! You are denied!"

Both of those 2 examples were by themselves.

The next guy that was WITH his 'fiance' had been married and tried to enter the US previously...only to be denied entrance b/c the wife withdrew her paperwork BEFORE he got there...because he had had another woman file a fiance visa for him! And his current Fiancee knew nothing about any of this! But the dyam fool ooman stood by his side anyway! They called her into a room...by herself... and I know that had to ask her if she knew what she was doing!?

I don't agree with the wear whatever you want statement. Dress as if you are going to an interview. Honestly, in my opinion the people that came in jeans and looking sloven & raggedy...they kindda pushed harder. They KNOW this is a big day for you and I think they expect you to dress the part! Not a suit, but a button down dress shirt or polo and a pair of dockers will work.

Bless,

Gill

Gill, I met to tell you. You said you was wearing a black dress, right? I think my friend was either sitting near you or standing near you and Ken inside. She too heard a lot of people getting denied and they're no discrete about it. It took her a while to get through, because they mixed up her paperwork. People getting the wrong answers as far as dates and names and how many kids your fiancee, wife, husband have. She said it was just crazy. And I too agree, you have to look PRESENTABLE. That goes a long way and SMILE (even if you don't mean it) and be polite. Nothing wrong with asking what's taking so long, just be polite about it.

Gill how long did it take you to get through.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.