Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey I found a belly dancing out for your meez but I can't afford ti buy it :unsure:

Thanks. I was still looking. My daugther and I play "SIMS" games...kinda like Meez but it's almost real life....they work, get married, have babies, etc. But the Meez clothes are cuter.

My daughter has every SIMS program out there, I think I have even gotten duplicates of some stuff, I can't play them tho cause I end up killin them everytime :wacko:

:lol: Me too! :lol: My sis tried to get me into those games...I can't keep them alive for anything.

It was fun at first but my daughter doesn't pay fair....she emblezzed money and other bad stuff :blink: I just like to dress them.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
hey I found a belly dancing out for your meez but I can't afford ti buy it :unsure:

Thanks. I was still looking. My daugther and I play "SIMS" games...kinda like Meez but it's almost real life....they work, get married, have babies, etc. But the Meez clothes are cuter.

My daughter has every SIMS program out there, I think I have even gotten duplicates of some stuff, I can't play them tho cause I end up killin them everytime :wacko:

:lol: Me too! :lol: My sis tried to get me into those games...I can't keep them alive for anything.

It was fun at first but my daughter doesn't pay fair....she emblezzed money and other bad stuff :blink: I just like to dress them.

:lol: My sister is all about them getting to do "bad" things in various parts of the house :lol:

Hey everyone. I missed you guys :goofy: I'm back at work today. I couldn't post from home, so I haven't been on in months! I miss my little Monique :crying: This is a lot harder than I imagined (leaving her all day).

I have tons of stuff to catch up on here, but I'm hoping to post and catch up some more tomorrow. Hope everyone is doing great.

Rhonda

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
GOOOOOOD MAWNING FAMILY!!!!! BLESS-ED BLESS-ED MAWNING TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

I want to SINCERELY thank ALL of you guys...newbies, veterans...ALL of your prayers definately worked!!!

We were Blessed for the entire journey. We decided to drive Chalky Hill into town (because less police checks- if we remember were we left off Ken's license will not arrive til 3/17/08 and Gill was NOT used to driving on the other side of the road!)

So if anyone knows Chalky Hill you KNOW that it's PURE corners and narrow streets! :o:o Ken did EXCELLENT witht he driving and I would take over at the more straight runs! THANK G-D we reached Portmore (Ken's Aunt's House) safely with NO stops...G-d is good!

So, we wake up bright and early the next morning it a WONDERFUL breakfast of Ackee & saltfish with Fried dumpling and hot cocoa tea w/condense milk...YUM!! After that Ken's Aunt...put dung a pissa prayers for us and our interview! She all ask the Lord to bless & touch the person interviewing us!

We got to the Embassy at around 8AM...the whole bus, taxi ride Ken kept repeating dates, names and other things they could test him on... :wacko::no: ( Driving me CRAZY!!)

So, we found a nice Ras to hold our things...(he remembered Ken from when he went to drop-off the DS-230)

They let us in...the guy in the front (really nice Jamaican Guy) walked us through what papaers we would need! I then realized I had only filled out 1 copy of the DS 156 & DS 157 (I KNOW!! :blush: ) So I quick quick filled it out! He gave us our number...(LUCKY NUMBER U 042)and we went inside to Section A.

Waited for about 20 minutes...we were called up...we handed in all our documents and she told us we could move on to Section B! Went to Section B in 5 minutes we were called up and a lady asked if I had my tax returns I told her yes from 2004-2007. She said "wonderful...the 2007's please. She went through it and took out what she needed and handed me back the rest! She also wanted the official copy of my divorce! Whipped it out and gave her! She told us to have a sit back in Section 'B'!

Then 2 minutes later a gentleman called us to take Kens fingerprints...then we moved on to Section 'C'!

OK, :ot: for a second! Can I tell you my hat goes off to the people working in Section C ...they have one HELL of a job to do and from what I could tell they do it well!! NUFF NUFF people were trying to get over!!!! One guy had had 3 women fil for him since 2001 (unbeknownst to his current fiancee), a next girl lied on her and wrote in 2006 she was living with a common law husband...but then told the interviewer she was by herself in 2006! Nuff foolishness

So we go to section 'C' and Wait...and wait...and wait!! Ok, so I saw Nbesaw (I think) who had her appointment after us gets called before us for the last part! (They got through ...congrats Nbes...BTW!) So, you done know me already. Ken is still spewing out family facts and I am going CRAZY with the waiting! So, I go to get up and ask what's going on... Ken pulls my dress and says..."Just watch your tone!" Like I don't knoa dat! :angry:

I get up and brush my dress off and approach an available officer, in my finest American accent say " Good Morning, I am not trying to be difficult. But now I am beginning to get concerned that something happened to our file. We have been waiting a good amount of time now. I understand you guys are swamped to day...but I just wanted to make sure we were still on the radar. :D:D "

She said "I know...what time was your appointment? "8:30" " Ok, we should be getting to you very soon. Try to bare with us!" Ok, at this point I look down cause she just opened a new file and I see Ken's name :D:D

" OK, Ma'am, thank you for your time , no problem, I totally understand!" So ,I slowly walk back to my chair (cus mi doan knoa wi NEXT!!!) I mouth to Ken "We Next!" As soon as mi seh dat "Mr. Ken Young to window 23 please!"

Ken jumps up like a gunshot and I turn to the same lady and approach the window with a smile and say "I guess you were right!"

She laughs and says "I guess so!" Then Ken says "Good Morning, How is your day going so far?" She then looks up at him ans smiles and says ' not bad, thank you for asking"

She asks Ken why he's here...who filed for him he says his fiancee and she gives him a paper to write my name and sign his name. (My man was so nervous he spells my name WRONG! :lol: But with his scribble she can't tell) She makes us swear in to tell the truth! So she begins with asking Ken how we met! "

We were following how everyone else answered this question and they (USCIS) want DETAILS in this answer! So Ken starts with "I work at the Holiday Inn and had the pleaseure of meeting this beautiful lady next to me when I was walking down the hall on the 4h floor or building #1!! From the first time I saw her I was just drawn to her beauty and vibes. I asked her to go out with me and after several rejections, she finally said 'YES!" He's about to go on and she says "ok!'

When did you met your Fiance? My man blurts out April, no January!!!!! (WRONG!!!!!!!) So she looks at the 129f that I completed and says "When?" At this point I jump in cause I know he's nervous as HELL!! I say "Ken look at me ...when did we meet?" He says when did we meet? "November 23, 2006!!! " (DAT'S RIGHT!) "Please tell the lady when we met!

"Oh, November 23, 2006...I am a little nervous today...sorry!" The lady then goes "No, my error I must have misheard you say January!(My girl played it off!! ;) - Let's not forget that there are cameras and mic's everywhere...the interviewers are being watched just as close as the interviewee(sp?)) they are suppose to take your first answer.

Tehn she asks if he has children and if his son has met me "Oh Yes!!" says Ken. Then she asks about my sons "Does you fiancee have children?"

"Yes, 2 beautiful boys!" says Ken

"Have you ever met them?" she asks

"They are wonderful kids!" says Ken (totally off the dyam subject!)

" Yes, but have but have you met them?" She asks again

"Oh, I'm sorry...Yes I have....would you like to see pictures?" says Ken

"No,. Mr. Young that won't be necessary. Your visa should arrive in approx. 2 weeks ....please go across the street to Airpack and blah blah blah!!!!!"

Bwoy, at that point I just put this shyt-eating grin on my face!! Ken says "thank you Ma'am!" I walk away and turn back and say "Thank you so much...you won't regret this!" She says..."I know!" with a wink and and smile!

We walk out of the waiting area into the hall where the nice Jamaican guy was helping us and Ken starts singing the Lupe Fiasco song...."You are what you say your are a SUPERSTAR!!!" and puts his shades on (Mr. confidence all of a sudden!:lol:) I tell the guy we get through he smiles and says congrats!! I then said "GREY GOOSE TONIGHT!!!" All of the embassy people start laughing!

What an experience!! Again, I thank ALL of you for your support and prayers...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! (L):luv:

Blessed love always,

Gill

(PS- Lawny, I saw ONE indian looking dude that got a blue slip...but he said his "wife' filed for him...not "fiancee'. I didn't have a picture of Marla...so I didn't know what she looked like!)

:dance::dance:CONGRATS GILL AND KEN!!!!! :dance::dance:

Thanks for sharing Gill.....U know I'll be in YOUR shoes in 2 weeks! LOL

Have fun planning Ken's Arrival!

Tonisha (L)

K-1 Timeline

Oct.5th, 2007 - Filed I-129F VSC Express Mail

Oct.12th, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy

Dec.14th, 2007 - Rec'd No Impediment and extras of Birth Certif. by mail

Jan. 31st, 2008 - NOA2 Hardcopy sent out from VSC

Feb. 5th, 2008 - NVC Receives Our Case

Feb.7th, 2008 - Got KNG# and Hardcopy of NOA2 in the Mail

Feb. 26th, 2008 - Dropped off DS230 Part I, Rec'd Packet 3; Filed for Police Report

Feb. 28th, 2008 - Rec'd Email from Embassy that Interview scheduled

April 1st, 2008 - Interview @ 1:30pm- APPROVED!!!

May 20th, 2008 - U.S. Entry at JFK w/ work stamp

June 13th, 2008 - SS# Received

June 19th, 2008 - Started work w/ JFK EAD

August 11th, 2008 - Wedding

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3rd, 2008 - Submitted AOS/ EAD/ AP Packet

Oct. 6th, 2008 - AOS Packet Rec'd at USCIS Xpress Mail

Oct. 13th, 2008 - NOA1 Rec'd

Oct. 27th, 2008 - Case Trsf to CSC

Nov. 1st, 2008 - Biometrics Appt.

Dec. 10, 2008 - EAD/AP Approved

Dec. 17, 2008 - Received EAD/AP : )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want to SINCERELY thank ALL of you guys...newbies, veterans...ALL of your prayers definately worked!!!

We were Blessed for the entire journey. We decided to drive Chalky Hill into town (because less police checks- if we remember were we left off Ken's license will not arrive til 3/17/08 and Gill was NOT used to driving on the other side of the road!)

So if anyone knows Chalky Hill you KNOW that it's PURE corners and narrow streets! :o:o Ken did EXCELLENT witht he driving and I would take over at the more straight runs! THANK G-D we reached Portmore (Ken's Aunt's House) safely with NO stops...G-d is good!

So, we wake up bright and early the next morning it a WONDERFUL breakfast of Ackee & saltfish with Fried dumpling and hot cocoa tea w/condense milk...YUM!! After that Ken's Aunt...put dung a pissa prayers for us and our interview! She all ask the Lord to bless & touch the person interviewing us!

We got to the Embassy at around 8AM...the whole bus, taxi ride Ken kept repeating dates, names and other things they could test him on... :wacko::no: ( Driving me CRAZY!!)

So, we found a nice Ras to hold our things...(he remembered Ken from when he went to drop-off the DS-230)

They let us in...the guy in the front (really nice Jamaican Guy) walked us through what papaers we would need! I then realized I had only filled out 1 copy of the DS 156 & DS 157 (I KNOW!! :blush: ) So I quick quick filled it out! He gave us our number...(LUCKY NUMBER U 042)and we went inside to Section A.

Waited for about 20 minutes...we were called up...we handed in all our documents and she told us we could move on to Section B! Went to Section B in 5 minutes we were called up and a lady asked if I had my tax returns I told her yes from 2004-2007. She said "wonderful...the 2007's please. She went through it and took out what she needed and handed me back the rest! She also wanted the official copy of my divorce! Whipped it out and gave her! She told us to have a sit back in Section 'B'!

Then 2 minutes later a gentleman called us to take Kens fingerprints...then we moved on to Section 'C'!

OK, :ot: for a second! Can I tell you my hat goes off to the people working in Section C ...they have one HELL of a job to do and from what I could tell they do it well!! NUFF NUFF people were trying to get over!!!! One guy had had 3 women fil for him since 2001 (unbeknownst to his current fiancee), a next girl lied on her and wrote in 2006 she was living with a common law husband...but then told the interviewer she was by herself in 2006! Nuff foolishness

So we go to section 'C' and Wait...and wait...and wait!! Ok, so I saw Nbesaw (I think) who had her appointment after us gets called before us for the last part! (They got through ...congrats Nbes...BTW!) So, you done know me already. Ken is still spewing out family facts and I am going CRAZY with the waiting! So, I go to get up and ask what's going on... Ken pulls my dress and says..."Just watch your tone!" Like I don't knoa dat! :angry:

I get up and brush my dress off and approach an available officer, in my finest American accent say " Good Morning, I am not trying to be difficult. But now I am beginning to get concerned that something happened to our file. We have been waiting a good amount of time now. I understand you guys are swamped to day...but I just wanted to make sure we were still on the radar. :D:D "

She said "I know...what time was your appointment? "8:30" " Ok, we should be getting to you very soon. Try to bare with us!" Ok, at this point I look down cause she just opened a new file and I see Ken's name :D:D

" OK, Ma'am, thank you for your time , no problem, I totally understand!" So ,I slowly walk back to my chair (cus mi doan knoa wi NEXT!!!) I mouth to Ken "We Next!" As soon as mi seh dat "Mr. Ken Young to window 23 please!"

Ken jumps up like a gunshot and I turn to the same lady and approach the window with a smile and say "I guess you were right!" (More :D:D )

She laughs and says "I guess so!" Then Ken says "Good Morning, How is your day going so far?" She then looks up at him ans smiles and says ' not bad, thank you for asking"

She asks Ken why he's here...who filed for him he says his fiancee and she gives him a paper to write my name and sign his name. (My man was so nervous he spells my name WRONG! :lol: But with his scribble she can't tell) She makes us swear in to tell the truth! So she begins with asking Ken how we met! "

We were following how everyone else answered this question and they (USCIS) want DETAILS in this answer! So Ken starts with "I work at the Holiday Inn and had the pleaseure of meeting this beautiful lady next to me when I was walking down the hall on the 4h floor or building #1!! From the first time I saw her I was just drawn to her beauty and vibes. I asked her to go out with me and after several rejections, she finally said 'YES!" He's about to go on and she says "ok!'

When did you met your Fiance? My man blurts out April, no January!!!!! (WRONG!!!!!!!) So she looks at the 129f that I completed and says "When?" At this point I jump in cause I know he's nervous as HELL!! I say "Ken look at me ...when did we meet?" He says when did we meet? "November 23, 2006!!! " (DAT'S RIGHT!) "Please tell the lady when we met!

"Oh, November 23, 2006...I am a little nervous today...sorry!" The lady then goes "No, my error I must have misheard you say January!(My girl played it off!! ;) - Let's not forget that there are cameras and mic's everywhere...the interviewers are being watched just as close as the interviewee(sp?)) they are suppose to take your first answer.

Tehn she asks if he has children and if his son has met me "Oh Yes!!" says Ken. Then she asks about my sons "Does you fiancee have children?"

"No,. Mr. Young that won't be necessary. Your visa should arrive in approx. 2 weeks ....please go across the street to Airpack and blah blah blah!!!!!"

Bwoy, at that point I just put this shyt-eating grin on my face!! Ken says "thank you Ma'am!" I walk away and turn back and say "Thank you so much...you won't regret this!" She says..."I know!" with a wink and and smile!

We walk out of the waiting area into the hall where the nice Jamaican guy was helping us and Ken starts singing the Lupe Fiasco song...."You are what you say your are a SUPERSTAR!!!" and puts his shades on (Mr. confidence all of a sudden!:lol:) I tell the guy we get through he smiles and says congrats!! I then said "GREY GOOSE TONIGHT!!!" All of the embassy people start laughing!

What an experience!! Again, I thank ALL of you for your support and prayers...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! (L):luv:(L):luv:

Blessed love always,

Gill

(PS- Lawny, I saw ONE indian looking dude that got a blue slip...but he said his "wife' filed for him...not "fiancee'. I didn't have a picture of Marla...so I didn't know what she looked like!)

Aw Gillie!! This is the cutest embassy story i have ever heard. I felt like I was there with you two. That Ken...im a character. So happy for you. Hope he gets the visa soon! :dance:

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Welcome back Gill!!

What is happening with KJ??

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Timeline

Ken jumps up like a gunshot and I turn to the same lady and approach the window with a smile and say "I guess you were right!" (More :D:D )

What an experience!! Again, I thank ALL of you for your support and prayers...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! (L):luv:(L):luv:

Blessed love always,

Gill

CONGRATS GILL

MY HAPPINESS IS SOLELY UP TO ME AND

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT CHOICES, U DONT HAVE TO REMAIN IN UR CURRENT SITUATION IF U DON'T CHOSE TO BE!!!!!!!!!

***SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO FORGET HOW YOU FEEL AND REMEMBER WHAT YOU DESERVE***

Ok, mi have one topic....

Why do you think it is that there are large concentrations of one or the other gender marrying certain nationalities???

Ie, with American/Jamaican marriages, the WOMAN is most often AMERICAN same for MENA and African marriages, in Russian/American marriages, the MAN is most often American and the same for Filipino/American relationships.....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

a run mi run unu?

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

don't make me start making trouble in other threads :whistle:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

Filed: Timeline
don't make me start making trouble in other threads :whistle:

Behave u self...bway mi nevah seet so quiet in here. I'm studying. Chat later.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yaads..U CYAA GET PUMPKIN ???!!!! :lol::lol:

:blush: Nope...

Kimmy you are officially invited to come to my yard and experience the "real" bush :lol: The stuff we don't have will amaze you as well as the weird things we do have. There is a very large hippy/granola/au natural group here and you can get some of the weirdest things ever. But ask about pumpkin and people look at you crazy :wacko:

When I can't get the JA pumpkin, I use the American pumpkin in my soup. Taste the same to me. :thumbs:

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.