Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Mi ago start kick up RUMPUS! :angry: Weh mi rahtid NOA2...bway look like mi need fih go file fi one man weh live pon di next part a the world. Mi no care wah no badi seh..mi feel seh dem treat di yardie dem different. :protest:

BAXIDE

Bwoy, Havent heard that phrase in a long time. Had me laffing at my desk! Things are so different in the US. I live in Canada and I sponsored my hubby from Jamaica. Only 4 months. So much easier here

It's been slowly working it's way up to a prolonged process in the US. Wasn't always like this.

And, from what I've read, Canadian visa rules are changing. I forsee prolonged processing there too in the future.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Good Morning Ladies. HAPPY THURSDAY.

Lawny, I hope you get your NOA2 soon! I have really been thinking about you getting it!! Any day now I am sure of it!!!

Ok check this out http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23595533/

It is crazy and I really dont know if I can beleive it!!! CRAZY CRAZY PEOPLE!!!

:-)

Cat

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Lawny, I hope you get your NOA2 soon! I have really been thinking about you getting it!! Any day now I am sure of it!!!

Cat

I just read that too....u got the right word...but I would dem no ave no damn sense

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I got put on someone's friend list and I have no clue who this person is? Did that happen to anybody else like yesterday or today?

No yesterday or today; but it's happened a few times. I just figure their timeline or situation is in common with mine.

Their entire profile is blank besides their name which is the funny part. It's ok though.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

Cat

i read that last night and i just wonder why he would let her sit that long?? and he said she was able to get up and get dressed and take a shower....i don't buy that because they had to use a bar to pry off the seat cause she was stuck....strange strange people....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning All,

Our interview is April 15 at 9am........We are going to stay in Kingston and I was looking online at the Indies Inn........Do any of you yardies have any info on this hotel?........For the price, I can handle a double bed, fan & tv........I just want to make sure it is safe and clean........Thanks!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Timeline
CHICKEN FINGER SOUP........WHERE THESE PEOPLE COME FROM :lol:

Don't you hate going into Walmart for 1 thing and come out with a carriage full and no money inna you pocket. :crying:

oh my gosh yes....that happens to me all the time....i call it the wal-mart trap....and the same with Target....i will go in there for one thing and come out with all this #######....

Timeline
Good Morning All,

Our interview is April 15 at 9am........We are going to stay in Kingston and I was looking online at the Indies Inn........Do any of you yardies have any info on this hotel?........For the price, I can handle a double bed, fan & tv........I just want to make sure it is safe and clean........Thanks!

Peace & Love,

Tonya

your interview is only a month away!! that is great!!! i am not sure about that hotel i never stayed there....when i went i stayed at Knutsford Court Hotel...and i liked it a lot....but i am not sure how close that is to where the Embassy is curently located....

Timeline
Mi ago start kick up RUMPUS! :angry: Weh mi rahtid NOA2...bway look like mi need fih go file fi one man weh live pon di next part a the world. Mi no care wah no badi seh..mi feel seh dem treat di yardie dem different. :protest:

BAXIDE

Lawny, your better off than me. I haven't even mailed my I-129F yet.. I'm thinking about having a party when I do... lol I will be sending it off next week. Yiippie!!!

ROC

BAXIDE

Lawny, your better off than me. I haven't even mailed my I-129F yet.. I'm thinking about having a party when I do... lol I will be sending it off next week. Yiippie!!!

U no mail it yet? Girl, I was suppose to mail my 12/1/07, but I kept saying, I'm going to do it...I was just being lazy

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

BAXIDE

U no mail it yet? Girl, I was suppose to mail my 12/1/07, but I kept saying, I'm going to do it...I was just being lazy

Not yet, but I'm hoping to have it out by the end of next week. I made myself a promise. I wonder if I'll be able to keep this promise, because I sure can't keep the promises that I make about sticking to my diet. lol

hey gill....welcome back!!!!!! :D

Ditto! Congrats again, you must me the happiest woman in the world right now.... I wish you guy's all the best.

Edited by sunnyja21

ROC

BAXIDE

Not yet, but I'm hoping to have it out by the end of next week. I made myself a promise. I wonder if I'll be able to keep this promise, because I sure can't keep the promises that I make about sticking to my diet. lol

hey gill....welcome back!!!!!! :D

Ditto! Congrats again, you must me the happiest woman in the world right now.... I wish you guy's all the best.

girl, that's me 100%. And with my auntie here I won't even mention the word diet out my mouth. She'll start cuss, bout stop the foolishness and go eat some food. You know what's funny though, when I'm home (Jamaica) I eat every damn thing and don't gain any weight. what's up with that?

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good Morning :star:

First off...I see ya Gilly! (L) Glad to have you back and congrats again on your success at the interview :dance:

Cat~ I read that story and it is absolutely disgusting. My favorite line was the one about them not knowing if there was any mental illness :whistle: Ummm...ya think?

Tonya~ Congrats on the interview date! :dance: I don't know much about the hotels...sorry.

1luv~ What province do you live in Canada? Just curious as I am really close to BC.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Chicken Finger Soup :lol: :lol: Chicken foot soup is one of my favorites :yes: You can't really find chicken feet here but I got the hook up once when I was still living at home...my mom threw a HUGE fit and said "not in my house - never ever ever in my house!" :lol: She was totally freaked out by the thought :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.