Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Pardon mi...mi might too kuntri fi dis...How do you FLIRT with class in front of your SO? Please, enlighten me or elobratishhh fi mi.

DWL.... :lol::lol: ...I don't know. I know how to flirt when he's not around :yes: always playful and never any intent...unless I need help with a tire, or some bags or some tile or something. Hubby get all kinds of stuff for free...I know he flirts his self up on some stuff.

woo hoo, dis a how mi flirt....mi seh mi pimp miself out fi di free tings dem. haha

fi real , the man at the gas station like me, all he does is give me free soda, but mi want free gas, mi can buy a dollar soda *cha*

haha, this remind me of when I was little, like 7 and miy older sis11 use to pimp me out to the local corner market store clerk tuh get free pickles and cookies.....she say, "go smile at the man nah' haha, yeah we started young.

lol nice.... :) ok with that bein said now u have me wanting corner store onion pickles and pickled pig feet and a pack of rainblow and lemon cookies

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
that, they find it VERY hard to believe, but once you've been through something like that, it kind of messes with your head. But you have to realize at some point that all MEN are not the same and I love and respect my daddy and brothers very much. So my HEART has been through it.

Good for you Lawny. (F) It's important not to carry that into your next relationship for sure.

Ditto :thumbs: I was carrying ALOT of my insecurities about my ex-husband into my relationship wid Ken...until Ken said one day..."Gillian, yuh a guh mek yuh hex-husband broke us hup...yuh knoa dat!" I never even thought about it like that before! Then I finally had to let go and let G-d! And realize Ken is NOT Dorian(my ex)- (Thank G-d)...and Dorian was NO KEN! :lol::lol: I just had a DEEP DOWN FEAR and never wanted to be PLAYED out like that again. But it's true what they say...you live and learn!

Thus far, I haven't regreted(sp?) it! It is hard though to move on and forgive him and even more importantly yourself! But I had to close that door, so my Ken window would open :D

Bless,

Gill

Thank God and AMEN! Gwaan thru sistren. Mi a tell u...once you REALLY, REALLY realize your SELF-WORTH...nobadi can bring u down. U deh pon top a di WORLD... I feel like swinging on a swing. A wah wrang wid mi. Lawd mi glad mi have unu fi support.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Pardon mi...mi might too kuntri fi dis...How do you FLIRT with class in front of your SO? Please, enlighten me or elobratishhh fi mi.

DWL.... :lol::lol: ...I don't know. I know how to flirt when he's not around :yes: always playful and never any intent...unless I need help with a tire, or some bags or some tile or something. Hubby get all kinds of stuff for free...I know he flirts his self up on some stuff.

woo hoo, dis a how mi flirt....mi seh mi pimp miself out fi di free tings dem. haha

fi real , the man at the gas station like me, all he does is give me free soda, but mi want free gas, mi can buy a dollar soda *cha*

haha, this remind me of when I was little, like 7 and miy older sis11 use to pimp me out to the local corner market store clerk tuh get free pickles and cookies.....she say, "go smile at the man nah' haha, yeah we started young.

that is too funny

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
that, they find it VERY hard to believe, but once you've been through something like that, it kind of messes with your head. But you have to realize at some point that all MEN are not the same and I love and respect my daddy and brothers very much. So my HEART has been through it.

Good for you Lawny. (F) It's important not to carry that into your next relationship for sure.

Ditto :thumbs: I was carrying ALOT of my insecurities about my ex-husband into my relationship wid Ken...until Ken said one day..."Gillian, yuh a guh mek yuh hex-husband broke us hup...yuh knoa dat!" I never even thought about it like that before! Then I finally had to let go and let G-d! And realize Ken is NOT Dorian(my ex)- (Thank G-d)...and Dorian was NO KEN! :lol::lol: I just had a DEEP DOWN FEAR and never wanted to be PLAYED out like that again. But it's true what they say...you live and learn!

Thus far, I haven't regreted(sp?) it! It is hard though to move on and forgive him and even more importantly yourself! But I had to close that door, so my Ken window would open :D

Bless,

Gill

Thank God and AMEN! Gwaan thru sistren. Mi a tell u...once you REALLY, REALLY realize your SELF-WORTH...nobadi can bring u down. U deh pon top a di WORLD... I feel like swinging on a swing. A wah wrang wid mi. Lawd mi glad mi have unu fi support.

So true Lawny...Swing through Sistren!!! :lol:

Lawd, Lawny, it look like yuh Meez a lose some weight..halla dat deh jumping...nuh mus! :lol: :lol:

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

Timeline

lol nice.... :) ok with that bein said now u have me wanting corner store onion pickles and pickled pig feet and a pack of rainblow and lemon cookies

you go girl, pickled pig feet.

Bless,

Gill

I know, that is why i like to chill out more time between relationships and god forbid i see any inconsistences (sp) in a story i used to turn into a reporter on eyewitness news.

Filed: Timeline

Bless,

Gill

So true Lawny...Swing through Sistren!!! :lol:

Lawd, Lawny, it look like yuh Meez a lose some weight..halla dat deh jumping...nuh mus! :lol: :lol:

Lose weight...mi wish...di DAMN swing soon pon dung.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

part 6 sho is moving fast lol its we are at page 11 already in not even one day.

K-1 2007

Mailed off Application April 27

Approved August 10

Interview Oct 16

Arrived NYC JFK Oct 27

AOS 2008

1/28 mailed AOS package

2/19 Case xfer to California Service Center

2/27 Biometrics 9AM Newark

3/14 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT approval notice sent

3/19 EAD approved/Card production ordered

6/12 AOS approved &Card producition ordered

6/12 Perm. Res. Card RCVD.

Naturalization 2017

Service Center :Dallas/Lewisville TX Lockbox

CIS Office :Oakland Park FL

Date Filed :3/13/17

NOA Date :3/20/17

Bio. Appt. :3/27/17

In Line for Interview: 4/18

I think flirting with another woman in front of me is DISRESPECTFUL...I would never do that and I'm sure my man wouldn't like it.

Years ago I was dating this guy and we went out to eat. I noticed from we sat down that this woman kept flirting with my date and we kept talking about it. So, I told him I'm going to get up and go to the restroom. The woman's date went outside to make a call and the woman walked by and handed her business card to my date. She also wrote on the back of the card (call me after 11pm he'll be at work. When I got back to the table my date gave me the card and YES, I got up walked over to her table and handed it to her date (which was her husband) and told him to read what's on the back. Was I wrong to do that?

Years ago, meeda walk up tuh har and bax har renking rass....Today I'd merely spit pan har...ok ok ok, I merely ask her in an extra LOUD voice if she neva did a get nutting fi satisfy har a night time, and maybe she shoulda try likkle alum

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
I think flirting with another woman in front of me is DISRESPECTFUL...I would never do that and I'm sure my man wouldn't like it.

Years ago I was dating this guy and we went out to eat. I noticed from we sat down that this woman kept flirting with my date and we kept talking about it. So, I told him I'm going to get up and go to the restroom. The woman's date went outside to make a call and the woman walked by and handed her business card to my date. She also wrote on the back of the card (call me after 11pm he'll be at work. When I got back to the table my date gave me the card and YES, I got up walked over to her table and handed it to her date (which was her husband) and told him to read what's on the back. Was I wrong to do that?

Years ago, meeda walk up tuh har and bax har renking rass....Today I'd merely spit pan har...ok ok ok, I merely ask her in an extra LOUD voice if she neva did a get nutting fi satisfy har a night time, and maybe she shoulda try likkle alum

good grief, ya'll is violent

I don't think 'innocent' flirting exists in Jamaican culture like that....

I would deem it disrespectful for me to say playfully something like JG did to her landlord in front of my husband.....I would say something like 'I see where he gets his manners from' to my father in law for instance, but anything past that I don't think I'd feel comfortable with.

While it's totally innocent, I think maybe it's just not culturally acceptable for me....

Please don't think I'm knocking you for it though, to each his own!

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Timeline
I don't think 'innocent' flirting exists in Jamaican culture like that....

I would deem it disrespectful for me to say playfully something like JG did to her landlord in front of my husband.....I would say something like 'I see where he gets his manners from' to my father in law for instance, but anything past that I don't think I'd feel comfortable with.

While it's totally innocent, I think maybe it's just not culturally acceptable for me....

Please don't think I'm knocking you for it though, to each his own!

This is how I am as well - although I can't link it to my JA heritage/culture. I don't flirt any sort of way, even playful and innocent. Doing something like that was engrained in me as being disrespectful to your spouse. Just like JE I am not looking down on anyone or anything but it is just something that I can't personally do. My views on it are different than most I presume.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Girl, this was the lick! Walters Market! thats where I would go for all that when I was little. They always had the pig feet on the counter in the back with the pickles in that big jar. i loved that place, til it got burned in the LA riots in the '90's..so sad.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

wha yuh secret Yardie? yuh pregnant, pregnant?!!

Mi have one secret :secret:

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! WOOHOO!!! I love birthdays!

happy B-Day!!!!!

oh!!!, haha. I couldnt see the spoiler. Happy Birthday!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.