Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Clairey..o bodda chop off mi head I just had to cause mi know she woulda do mi di same blasted ting... :lol: ..and yes Yaards done tell mi her mind..but she a wait til afta baby fi do action :lol: so beg u a chance tuh..yuh hear...mi neva know u ave bad heart man..mi sorry

CHAP EEH AAFFFFFF....chap eeh affff

u si yuh !! :angry:

chupsss mi still LUV U :innocent:

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1luv...This is real life..no poking fun here

Ur hubby knows that reading and writing is something he wants to achieve so he is doing what is necessary. I forget who said but some men DO NOT care to ever learn and they are ok with that. Is it that they "think" learning to read and write will get them no further than where they r right now ?

i agree with that....and i think there is more too it as well...i know for mike he was ashamed that he could not read or write that well....and there for did NOT want to get help because he felt like he was the only person in the US with this issue....i explained time and time again he is so not the only person with this issue....still he didn't want to believe me and got a ok job...stocking shelves which is fine...happy for him to have that job....BUT he doesn't want to look for a better job or a second job because that would mean more paperwork....

This is where it gets to be a problem for me. He's holding himself back cause his mind is not free....not because someone tells him he can't do it.

and it is aproblem for me as well....i want to drill a hole into his thick head and put some sense into him....it really bothers me....

Nans, this is a very tricky situation. You have to thread gently. Do not push too hard or else you will never get him to try. Just talk about it and not get upset when you do. I know it is fraustrating but you can't give up.

My ex (the barber) was very smart (street) could read and write but could not hold a conversation in public. You know how it is in a Jaamican barber shop. That is all the conversation he wanted to have. When he moved to NC with me, he claimed he could not get a job but I think he was afraid to actually go on an interview for fear ne would not be able to handle it. I was patient with him but he decided to go back to NYC back to his old barber shop where he was comfortable hanging out with the guys. :angry::angry:

girl u almost had me, because my son's father is a baber and this sounds like him too a t. the sad thing is he went to school to become a teller and was number one in his class...but he couldn't talk and it didn't help that he would go on interfviews in his dancehall clothes...

Sounds like my brothers friends after they came up here. It was so damn fustrating to get them out of the Jamaica mode just for an hour...you know how hard it is to explain that you can't wear JEANS with a RASTAH belt haning off to the side........

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ur hubby knows that reading and writing is something he wants to achieve so he is doing what is necessary. I forget who said but some men DO NOT care to ever learn and they are ok with that. Is it that they "think" learning to read and write will get them no further than where they r right now ?

i agree with that....and i think there is more too it as well...i know for mike he was ashamed that he could not read or write that well....and there for did NOT want to get help because he felt like he was the only person in the US with this issue....i explained time and time again he is so not the only person with this issue....still he didn't want to believe me and got a ok job...stocking shelves which is fine...happy for him to have that job....BUT he doesn't want to look for a better job or a second job because that would mean more paperwork....

This is where it gets to be a problem for me. He's holding himself back cause his mind is not free....not because someone tells him he can't do it.

and it is aproblem for me as well....i want to drill a hole into his thick head and put some sense into him....it really bothers me....

Nans, this is a very tricky situation. You have to thread gently. Do not push too hard or else you will never get him to try. Just talk about it and not get upset when you do. I know it is fraustrating but you can't give up.

My ex (the barber) was very smart (street) could read and write but could not hold a conversation in public. You know how it is in a Jaamican barber shop. That is all the conversation he wanted to have. When he moved to NC with me, he claimed he could not get a job but I think he was afraid to actually go on an interview for fear ne would not be able to handle it. I was patient with him but he decided to go back to NYC back to his old barber shop where he was comfortable hanging out with the guys. :angry::angry:

girl u almost had me, because my son's father is a baber and this sounds like him too a t. the sad thing is he went to school to become a teller and was number one in his class...but he couldn't talk and it didn't help that he would go on interfviews in his dancehall clothes...

Sounds like my brothers friends after they came up here. It was so damn fustrating to get them out of the Jamaica mode just for an hour...you know how hard it is to explain that you can't wear JEANS with a RASTAH belt haning off to the side........

Tell me about it :yes:

USCIS

06-28-2011-Mailed I-130

07-03-2011-NOA1

12-08-2011-NOA2

NVC

12-19-2012-NVC Received Case

01-06-2012-Case Number

01-25-2012-Case Completed

02-21-2012-Medical

03-06-2012-Interview--APPROVED

03-13-2012-VISA RECEIVED

03-16-2012-POE ATL

ROC

02/24/2014-Mailed I-751

02/26/2014-Package Received

02/28/2014-NOA1 Hard Copy

02/28/2014-Check Cashed

03/25/2014-Biometrics Appt

06/04/2014-RFE Sent more info back on 07/29/2014

09/04/2014 ROC Approved

I have come to the conclusion that i need spelling lessons...we would I be without spellcheck?? I can't get the one on this site downloaded.

u no need no spell check..gwaan weh u a go...I feel FUSTRATED! :crying:

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
I have come to the conclusion that i need spelling lessons...we would I be without spellcheck?? I can't get the one on this site downloaded.

It will be OK. Spelling is not my thing either.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

haha, this is too funny, but I can see how true this can be and how it could cause some problems. I guess my situation is a little different as Evan has an American AND Jamaican upbringing, so he's kinda a "hybrid' as I call him. He's lived in JA is whole life but part of it was raised with an expat American family so he has this wierd hybrid culture sometimes. Sometimes is a good thing sometimes not.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline

haha, this is too funny, but I can see how true this can be and how it could cause some problems. I guess my situation is a little different as Evan has an American AND Jamaican upbringing, so he's kinda a "hybrid' as I call him. He's lived in JA is whole life but part of it was raised with an expat American family so he has this wierd hybrid culture sometimes. Sometimes is a good thing sometimes not.

I never had this problem. Maybe because my man grew up with American culture from our college group for 15 years and worked in the hotel industry. I have taken care of six Jamaican guys at once at my school and I understand :lol: :lol:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Timeline

It's hard bringing anyone out of their "norm" they have to learn the hard way sometimes...Mi neva affi tell my hsuband him cannot wear jeans to an interview no matter what position he's going for. And him no Americanized inna no way shape or form..alot has to do with values taught and what they chose to keep

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

did u have a better day today.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

:lol::lol: none aoonuh no ave sense

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:angry: I AM BEING NICE, SO HUSH

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline

:angry: I AM BEING NICE, SO HUSH

:lol: really ! :no:

Lawd. mi did deh yah a laugh out HELL affa Indian...Imagine, di man git up,

cut awf him long luxurious hair fi interview

dress up inna suit

fine transport from MOBAY guh KINGSTON

Travel fi FOUR hours fi reach fi 8.30AM

PAY $100 us fi di visa

Pay how much een money fi di MEDICAL

And dem TUN DI FOOL BACK!!

mi cyaa stop laugh, mi nah lie :lol:

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by 1luv

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.