Captain Ewok

Yardies, at home and a farrin' (Part 6)

13,621 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

No he has not applied for the certificate yet. Will be doing so next week

Hi Everyone. Earlier Clairern and Malita answered a question I had about the Form DS230. They mentioned that the documents (police certificate etc.) would be sent to the NVC for the CR1 visa. Will the husband have to take these same documents again to the Embassy in Kingston when he gets an interview date? If not, what should he have prepared to take to the interview? Thanks again in advance!

Yes. And, that has been a big issue lately.....people sending them to the NVC and thinking, oh, they have them, so why bother. He needs to take them with him as well.

Ok. Is he taking with him orginals again or the copies he made for himself when he sent them to NVC? For example, should he get 2 police certificates and keep one for himself, OR photocopies are sufficient? Is taking them to the interview a requirement or just a precautionary measure?

I'm guessing he hasn't applied for the police certificate yet. He will get 2 of them.

He needs originals.

It has been a requirement lately. I would not risk not taking them.

Edited by Awshaggy

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No - I agree it happens all time. I was just pointing out the irony of what is reported or focused on and what isn't.

Seems kind of a double standard, doesn't it?

Hi Everyone. Earlier Clairern and Malita answered a question I had about the Form DS230. They mentioned that the documents (police certificate etc.) would be sent to the NVC for the CR1 visa. Will the husband have to take these same documents again to the Embassy in Kingston when he gets an interview date? If not, what should he have prepared to take to the interview? Thanks again in advance!

Yes. And, that has been a big issue lately.....people sending them to the NVC and thinking, oh, they have them, so why bother. He needs to take them with him as well.

Ok. Is he taking with him orginals again or the copies he made for himself when he sent them to NVC? For example, should he get 2 police certificates and keep one for himself, OR photocopies are sufficient? Is taking them to the interview a requirement or just a precautionary measure?

I'm guessing he hasn't applied for the police certificate yet. He will get 2 of them.

He needs originals.

A friend of the family had an interview last month CR/1 and although she had everything they needed...they asked her for a copy of the I-130 and more wedding pictures (had them at the interview). They also asked her what took so long for her husband to file for her (they've been married 6 years). Does this make sense? They rescheduled her interview for June 24th. The I-130 was in the file...she received an e-mail from the embassy apologizing about the I-130 copy, but they can't get her in any sooner. She's fustrated.

Oh, honey.....nothing makes sense in the process.

JG -- That's what I'm saying and on top of that she lives in Negril and in order for her make it to her appointments on time she has to arrive in Kingston the night before. She said when they gave her the blue slip she just started to cry out of control. My questions is WHAT THE HELL IS MORE WEDDING PICTURES GOING TO PROVE and I'm here with a BIG pregnant belly (I guess that's not proof enough).

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lawny,

when u mention your sister it makes me wish even more that the baby was here. Other than her leaking fluid..baby is fine other wise right ?

I'll keep her in my prayers (L)

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Lawny,

when u mention your sister it makes me wish even more that the baby was here. Other than her leaking fluid..baby is fine other wise right ?

I'll keep her in my prayers (L)

Hey Kimmy --

So far he's fine. They just want to keep him in long enough so his lungs can be fully developed. I think he was weighing almost 2lbs last time they checked. Just flipping all over the place.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
No - I agree it happens all time. I was just pointing out the irony of what is reported or focused on and what isn't.

He needs originals.

A friend of the family had an interview last month CR/1 and although she had everything they needed...they asked her for a copy of the I-130 and more wedding pictures (had them at the interview). They also asked her what took so long for her husband to file for her (they've been married 6 years). Does this make sense? They rescheduled her interview for June 24th. The I-130 was in the file...she received an e-mail from the embassy apologizing about the I-130 copy, but they can't get her in any sooner. She's fustrated.

JG -- That's what I'm saying and on top of that she lives in Negril and in order for her make it to her appointments on time she has to arrive in Kingston the night before. She said when they gave her the blue slip she just started to cry out of control. My questions is WHAT THE HELL IS MORE WEDDING PICTURES GOING TO PROVE and I'm here with a BIG pregnant belly (I guess that's not proof enough).

NOPE..probably not..until daddy claims that the baby is his.. :angry::bonk:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

NOPE..probably not..until daddy claims that the baby is his.. :angry::bonk:

I was going to say the same thing. The proof will be the birth certificate.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He needs originals.

When Andre had to go to Kingston those 3 times, he left his house at 2:30 a.m. It sucked.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

He needs originals.

When Andre had to go to Kingston those 3 times, he left his house at 2:30 a.m. It sucked.

I know girl, but imagine traveling on a bus and you're pregnant from NEGRIL. She said when she started to cry at the interview the woman didn't even bat an eye.

QUESTION...........

Is it true you have to purchase a ROUND-TRIP ticket when your SO travels to the states?

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He needs originals.

Hey everyone I have a question. Dwayne picked up his police certificate yesterday. I told him he would need 2 copies. He said they told him he only gets one and asked me if he can just make a copy of it. Should I tell him to go apply and pay the 3000.00 again for another copy??

Thanks for your support

Wakey

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

Timeline

NO ..Lawny..I didn't it goes on his visa status....the category of visa allows a round trip or one way..CR1 for my husband I purchased a 1 way..check both though..sometimes u get a round trip for cheaper

that's weird Wakey....

they get 2 when they pay for it...tell him fi go back...or he should check the envelop to make sure there isn't anthoer one in there...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
NO ..Lawny..I didn't it goes on his visa status....the category of visa allows a round trip or one way..CR1 for my husband I purchased a 1 way..check both though..sometimes u get a round trip for cheaper

that's weird Wakey....

they get 2 when they pay for it...tell him fi go back...or he should check the envelop to make sure there isn't anthoer one in there...

Ok I will have him check again. Thanks

Intimacy, like charity, begins at home. If we cannot be intimate with ourselves, we have no way to bring to intimacy with another person.

Intimacy with ourselves takes time. We need time for rest, time for walks, time for quiet, and time to tune into to ourselves. We cannot completely fill up our lives with activities and become intimate with ourselves. Nor can we just sit quietly indefinitely and become intimate with ourselves. We have to have the time and energy to be our lives and to do our live in order to establish and intimate relationship with ourselves.

Surprisingly, as we become intimate with ourselves, we discover our connection with others

Intimacy....In/to/me/see...

He needs originals.

Hey everyone I have a question. Dwayne picked up his police certificate yesterday. I told him he would need 2 copies. He said they told him he only gets one and asked me if he can just make a copy of it. Should I tell him to go apply and pay the 3000.00 again for another copy??

Thanks for your support

Wakey

OH HELLS NO!....You suppose to get 2...the second one has the photo attached to it and the commissioner signature looks like a CARBON on the second copy...DAMN THIEF DEM! It suppose to be 2 PIECE OF PAPER....

tep aff a mi name

that's weird Wakey....

Thanks Kimmy and SBJ --

My friend looking about a ticket for her fiancee to come up and AirJamaica told her she have to pay for roundtrip...$678 to Baltimore. I told her that don't sound right. They asked her why she was purchasing a one-way ticket for him (can they ask that?). I'll let her know. The one way is $378.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
No, I purchased Damien a one-way on AirJamaica to Baltimore. Round trip tickets are cheapers sometimes. It wasn't in our case.

I purchased a one-way for Andre through American. Was about $200 cheaper for us to do it that way. No issues.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.