albkos

Interview today- not issued

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Hi

Fiance had interview today in Skopje. He did not get the visa due to not having the correct court certificate and they want more proof of relationship....This is what they supplied in an email but nothing formal....

Should they have sent me a 221G? I don't know what more proof we cna provide. I have visited 2 times, tons of pictures with his family, some emails, all phone calls. He is one year younger than me (10 months), I don't understand all of this?

He got a police certificate from his local city office. I don't know or can I find anyother one. They just said police certificate. I emailed them back say to be more specific and what types of proof do they need?

How much should I push them? I don;t want to overdo it because yes they have all control. Then they told him they have to review all the forms and stuff and possible another 3 months...He said they did this to about half the people from kosova that were there for the interview. They all had the wrong certificate.

I don't know. Any advice would be helpful

Thanks, in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

He should have been given the paper by hand. It would not have been mailed. Probably they want a police certificate that covers the country instead of the locality. Did he tell you exactly what the paper they gave him said?

This website may give you a little more information. The consulate themselves will be the ultimate source of the information though. Here is a list of Reciprocity for all counties just choose yours from the list in case it was just a police certificate error:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3272.html

If you do not get an answer from the consulate on your own there are other options. You first want him to fax you a copy of the papers they gave him. You can then email more persuasively or call them, though it costs $15 and I'm not sure if it's just an appointment line or includes information: http://macedonia.usembassy.gov/general_iv.html

Next, if the calls or emails don't work. . . you will want to either sent a letter (snail mail) to the Consul General http://macedonia.usembassy.gov/bio.html herself and/or get your Senator/Congressional Rep's liason involved. They can sometimes get more specific information.

Edited by emt103c

Timeline

Thanks for your help. That website with the countries.It does not help since kosovo is neither part of Macedonia nor part of Serbia. They have been governed by the United Mission in Kosovo.

I will talk to fiance again tomorrow and find out more. We spoke tonight and he is sick, tired, upset and everything else.

I sent them an email hopefully they will reply, they have in the past today 10 minutes after I sent my email. I hope they don't think I am a crazy stalker girl......heheh

I thought today was going to be a happy day but it was not....

Normally they will ask for 2 certificates: 1 is police certificate (which says you have never been convicted) and the other one is court certificate which says you do not have any charges against you as far as court knows. This is true for Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia and I am guessing it should apply for Kosovo too. Usually takes 2 days to get the court certificate.

Have your fiance ask for this one and if one is unavailable he should provide the embassy with the info and they will take it from there.

Best of luck to you and hang in there,

M

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
Normally they will ask for 2 certificates: 1 is police certificate (which says you have never been convicted) and the other one is court certificate which says you do not have any charges against you as far as court knows. This is true for Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia and I am guessing it should apply for Kosovo too. Usually takes 2 days to get the court certificate.

Have your fiance ask for this one and if one is unavailable he should provide the embassy with the info and they will take it from there.

Best of luck to you and hang in there,

M

Thanks. They told him it would take at least 10 days. I don't know it might be a country certificate or something. They told him he has to go to this place which is far to get it.

Thanks for your help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Hi

Fiance had interview today in Skopje. He did not get the visa due to not having the correct court certificate and they want more proof of relationship....This is what they supplied in an email but nothing formal....

Should they have sent me a 221G? I don't know what more proof we cna provide. I have visited 2 times, tons of pictures with his family, some emails, all phone calls. He is one year younger than me (10 months), I don't understand all of this?

He got a police certificate from his local city office. I don't know or can I find anyother one. They just said police certificate. I emailed them back say to be more specific and what types of proof do they need?

How much should I push them? I don;t want to overdo it because yes they have all control. Then they told him they have to review all the forms and stuff and possible another 3 months...He said they did this to about half the people from kosova that were there for the interview. They all had the wrong certificate.

I don't know. Any advice would be helpful

Thanks, in advance.

If they want more "proofs of relationships" you can provide letters from friends and family saying they know you are both engaged, how long you have been together...

Make photocopies of exit/entry stamps of your passport showing when you visited his country....

Print out emails if possible....

I don't really know what else to tell you since you did not show what the 221(g) form or the email from the Embassy.

Best of luck to you..

Timeline

Yes, I got a reply today from them. Stating he needs this certificate and they need more proof of relationship. We submitted the following:

1. Over 200 hundred pictures

2. All the phone calls since filing the 129f ( I figured they would have the other proof that I sent with the I129F?)

3. A few emails

4. Copy of passport, boarding pass, Itinerary, from second trip.

We talk more on IM now since Fiance connected to internet at home. I don't have any records of that only earlier.

They told me the burden of proof was on me. I cant possibbly think of anything else? Only stuff from interview forward. I can have my friends and family write a letter. I can write one on my behalf

They want more. I dont have any more. Sometimes we would talk for over an hour a day.

I guess I also feel offended that they think it is not a bonafide relationship. I mean why would I waste my time or energy on something like this if it is not somethign I want.

They do receive all the information and proof I sent with the 129f?

I feel like writing them back that we will send more but they need to also open there eyes and look at what they have and see it for what it is. THe guy at interview asked my fiance why I did not stay longer over there. I am in a job where the first 2 weeks of the month we are not able to take vacation due to work load and it being month end. Do you know how hard it is to take off 2 weeks at one time for me.....My fiance explained this to them and they said I am lying everyone in goes over there for longer. I don't if they are provoking him or what. I mean yeah I can go and quit my job and stay there for longer but than they will say I have no income and deny him for that. It is a no win situation.

I don't know how others wait months and years to get through this BS.

What is this DOS number I found to check a case? Can I call them?

Fiance will be going to get this certificate so hopefully they have time to review whatever they need to

Thanks

Timeline
Yes, I got a reply today from them. Stating he needs this certificate and they need more proof of relationship. We submitted the following:

2. All the phone calls since filing the 129f ( I figured they would have the other proof that I sent with the I129F?)

3. A few emails

We talk more on IM now since Fiance connected to internet at home. I don't have any records of that only earlier.

They told me the burden of proof was on me. I cant possibbly think of anything else? Only stuff from interview forward. I can have my friends and family write a letter. I can write one on my behalf

They want more. I dont have any more. Sometimes we would talk for over an hour a day.

I guess I also feel offended that they think it is not a bonafide relationship. I mean why would I waste my time or energy on something like this if it is not somethign I want.

They do receive all the information and proof I sent with the 129f?

I feel like writing them back that we will send more but they need to also open there eyes and look at what they have and see it for what it is. THe guy at interview asked my fiance why I did not stay longer over there. I am in a job where the first 2 weeks of the month we are not able to take vacation due to work load and it being month end. Do you know how hard it is to take off 2 weeks at one time for me.....My fiance explained this to them and they said I am lying everyone in goes over there for longer. I don't if they are provoking him or what. I mean yeah I can go and quit my job and stay there for longer but than they will say I have no income and deny him for that. It is a no win situation.

I don't know how others wait months and years to get through this BS.

What is this DOS number I found to check a case? Can I call them?

Fiance will be going to get this certificate so hopefully they have time to review whatever they need to

Thanks

Now what I have is evidence for establishing a Martial Bona Fide Relationship. But I'm sure you can take of few of these and use them in your case.

-bank books or bank statements with dated transactions which show names of both of you and your spouse

-any letters which you and your significant other received addressed to both of you

-any leters or cards exchanged between you and your sign. other during your courtship

-statements from acquaintances knowing about your relationship and having seen you and your significant other together

-copies of telephone bills showing calls made between you and your sig. other

-any photos taken of you and your significant other either alone or together(make sure to write a short description of each photo)

-any receipt for a purchase you may have made together that lists both of your names-such as furniture.

sorry not edited for spelling. Hope this helps

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Timeline

3. A few emails

Good advice there from Neworleansbound.

Don't assume they have the proof you sent with your I-129F - they probably do, but resend it anyway.

You mention a copy of passport, boarding pass etc from your second trip. Where is the information from the first trip?

Do you have any hard copy letters to each other, any cards you sent, post cards - anything like that?

Timeline

3. A few emails

Good advice there from Neworleansbound.

Don't assume they have the proof you sent with your I-129F - they probably do, but resend it anyway.

You mention a copy of passport, boarding pass etc from your second trip. Where is the information from the first trip?

Do you have any hard copy letters to each other, any cards you sent, post cards - anything like that?

Oh I visited 2 times, first time stuff was sent with the I-129f - Boarding passes everything.

Just now, sent secon boarding pass itinerary and all passport stamps. I guess I will put everything together again and resend.

No hardcopy letters or cards. Mail is so bad there. He never got the packets from the embassy and had to have them picked up. I am not a card type of person or letter type of person. I will have my family write some letters along with friends. I am just hoping once they get the police certificate they need everything will be okay. Just wishful thinking

Filed: Timeline
I will have my family write some letters along with friends. I am just hoping once they get the police certificate they need everything will be okay. Just wishful thinking

In addition to YOUR family and friends, also include letters from HIS family and friends. Any one you met or spent time with together when you were there will be helpful. It is more likely that they are assuming he is the one frauding you, not that you are both in it together. Having his family and friends supporting you both is equally or maybe even more important to dispute that assumption on their part. THey don't have to be notarized but should include how they met you, how happy you seem together or what event/situation you met, etc. basically something to illustrate familiarity with you as a couple.

Definately assume they don't have any of the original relationship evidence you submitted and submit it again. If you have a log that shows the times you were logged onto IM and chatting, print that log out too. Doesn't have to be all of the actual chats, but even a log is helpful.

Make sure you do ALL you can to overwhelm them with evidence so they don't act on their assumptions and return your petition. Believe me, you don't want that to happen.

Good luck!!

Support Family Unity- www.americanfamiliesunited.org. Become a member today!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to hear about the interview i know how you feel, my husband experiened a come back later a few weeks ago, When my husband got his police certificate, it listed if he had ever been convicted of a crime and there was also a page with finger prints on it. I would have your fiance go back to the embassy and ask where to obtain this information and also my husbands embassy in Nigeria would not accept phone cards, we had to get phone records. And for more evidence have friends of his and yours write letters saying they either saw you together or know of your wedding and if you have made wedding plans send copies of the invitations etc... We filed the CR-1 we are already married but either way they want tons of proof... I wish you the best... God Bless

glitter_maker_12_29_2007_19_54_14_86186.gif

Good advice from everyone. Also, if you communicate by IM, print out your chat logs....include those. You need to show the daily constant communication. If you now talk via IM, print out that information and send it to them...if the call logs have tapered off recently since he has internet, you need to supplement that w/ your IM records, so they see the communication has not cooled off.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Timeline

How do you print logs from IM? We use MSN messenger. That is another issue. New policy at work. No Iming allowed anymore. So I sneak in using a web version of MSN messenger. IT has not blocked this one yet or else we talk on IM using Mobile IM. I mean they should realize there are so many ways of communication these days It is not like 40 years ago....And I bet it was alot easier 40 years ago to get a visa.

But I will tell him to have his family write some letters to bring and mine too.

I bet you the ones that are "frauding" get a visa real easy since they prob know the game very well!!!!!

THanks for the help!!!!!!!!!

OH yeah so would this be considered Administrative Processing even though it does not say that on the form? The form just says need : additional certificate and more evidence of relationship.......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.