Ahmed N Cheryl

Port Of Entry

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well I called Customs in Atlanta airport to see what Ahmed would need when he gets to USA for his Port of Entry.

The guy was really nice and said all he needs is his Passport with the visa stamp and the envelope from the embassy sealed (unopened).

I also asked if they provided the temporary employment authorization document....unfortunately he said no they do not do that anymore there :crying::crying:

But it is nice to know he does not need to worry about anything else.

Cheryl (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

cooooooooooooool

yeah i think he does not need anything else but his passport with the visa and the envelope which say don't open

and about if they will provided the temporary employment authorization document you know most or maybe all the flights which come from Egypt to USA arrive at JFK airport in NY so i don't know if it will be different there or not

have a nice day

Edited by tenderheart197900

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
cooooooooooooool

yeah i think he does not need anything else but his passport with the visa and the envelope which say don't open

and about if they will provided the temporary employment authorization document you know most or maybe all the flights which come from Egypt to USA arrive at JFK airport in NY so i don't know if it will be different there or not

have a nice day

Yes we noticed that but his is not going through JFK and yes JFK still issues the temporary EAD stamp. His flight is going through Milan.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

one way ticket or round trip ticket ? i wonder if you find out yet

have a nice blessed day

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline
one way ticket or round trip ticket ? i wonder if you find out yet

have a nice blessed day

There are many opinions on this. We are buying round trip. Both the airlines we choose to fly with and the travel agent we booked through says must be round trip .

Laura my friend emailed embassy they said one way was fine for k-1 visa but the airlines she choose says round trip. So she is upgrading to round trip too.

So we are not taking any chances for 1000 USD we can get roundtrip if he buys from Egypt and we would rather be safe than sorry.

Even if a lawyer says they cannot require it for K1 visa....if he got turned around I would have to fight them on it plus possibly buy another ticket. We do not want to take the chance of losing the time. By the time we paid the lawyer to fight it and bought another ticket we would spend way more than the $1000 USD.

So I guess do what you think is best for you.

Cheryl

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
salam cheryl

hope u have nice day . u mean if he enter usa through JFK he can has temperary work permission

for 90 days ?

yes. I think one or two others do this too. Egypt Air has a direct flight from Cairo to JFK so that would be my option if we were a K-1. I will still have him come this way though even though we're K-3 since I dont' want any messups with changing planes in another country. I recall something happening to someone on here over a year ago where her husband was turned back to Morocco I think at the layover country because they wanted him to have a visa for that country even though he was only there on a layover. With my luck that'd happen to us. lol

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
salam cheryl

hope u have nice day . u mean if he enter usa through JFK he can has temperary work permission

for 90 days ?

yes. I think one or two others do this too. Egypt Air has a direct flight from Cairo to JFK so that would be my option if we were a K-1. I will still have him come this way though even though we're K-3 since I dont' want any messups with changing planes in another country. I recall something happening to someone on here over a year ago where her husband was turned back to Morocco I think at the layover country because they wanted him to have a visa for that country even though he was only there on a layover. With my luck that'd happen to us. lol

OMG I didn't check with Milan to see if he needed a visa for there. I better do that. Thanks for bringing that up. :help:

Something else to worry about but need to get it taken care of.

The reason we did not pick JFK because on the flights we checked on he had to not only change planes but change airports to get a connecting flight to Birmingham or Atlanta. I thought that was way to confusing for him to deal with alone.

Besides from what I hear is most emplyers do not honor the EAD stamp you get at the airport anyway...they want to see the Green card. Oh course that was on VJ that I read it somewhere. Can't remember where exactly. But I was told he can file for one at the local USCIS office which is located in Atlanta.

But if he has to get another visa for Milan then we may have to change our plans.

Let me go check that.

Cheryl (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have heard from others the temp work permit is not worth the extra expenses sometimes of going thru JFK. I went to JFK from Casa and due to flight delays i had to go to the other airport also to catch a flight to atlanta and it is very stressful, keep it simple and easy im sure he will appreciate

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Timeline
salam cheryl

for 90 days ?

OMG I didn't check with Milan to see if he needed a visa for there. I better do that. Thanks for bringing that up. :help:

The reason we did not pick JFK because on the flights we checked on he had to not only change planes but change airports to get a connecting flight to Birmingham or Atlanta. I thought that was way to confusing for him to deal with alone.

Besides from what I hear is most emplyers do not honor the EAD stamp you get at the airport anyway...they want to see the Green card. Oh course that was on VJ that I read it somewhere. Can't remember where exactly. But I was told he can file for one at the local USCIS office which is located in Atlanta.

But if he has to get another visa for Milan then we may have to change our plans.

Let me go check that.

Cheryl (F)

you don't need a visa for a layover but the people at the airport told him he had to go back anyways. I wish I could remember the thread so I could pull it up. It's kind of like the roundtrip thing where no matter what you do, if they want to play nasty no papers can make them stop. I am sure he'll be fine. Deemabrouk's husband went through milan with no worries. ;)

Timeline
salam cheryl

for 90 days ?

Let me go check that.

Cheryl (F)

you don't need a visa for a layover but the people at the airport told him he had to go back anyways. I wish I could remember the thread so I could pull it up. It's kind of like the roundtrip thing where no matter what you do, if they want to play nasty no papers can make them stop. I am sure he'll be fine. Deemabrouk's husband went through milan with no worries. ;)

Good glad to hear that. I have been thorugh Paris and Greece on my way but never Milan so was not sure. But I remember even when I bought my ticket the airlines had a link that said click here to see if you need visa for other countries you layover in. All mine werre no did not need one. But I had forgotten about that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
salam cheryl

for 90 days ?

Let me go check that.

Cheryl (F)

Good glad to hear that. I have been thorugh Paris and Greece on my way but never Milan so was not sure. But I remember even when I bought my ticket the airlines had a link that said click here to see if you need visa for other countries you layover in. All mine werre no did not need one. But I had forgotten about that.

What day is your SO coming? Sam is booked through Milan/Atlanta/DFW on 03/17. We just booked a one way tkt, but he is K3.

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Timeline
What day is your SO coming? Sam is booked through Milan/Atlanta/DFW on 03/17. We just booked a one way tkt, but he is K3.

Im so happy for you Becky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (F)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

YAY Becky! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.