tammiandtom

March Filers?

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey Guys!

Even though my Fingerprint appt was on 4/17/08,I was still able to walk-in and do the finger print.

I think one might still be able to walk in,so long as your center is not a busy one...When I got there,those guys were not even busy..so they told me..Sure they can take my prints...I;m glad I was able to do it 5 days early.....

goodluck!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update:

I went to have my fingerprints taken this morning in San Antonio.

My appointment was for 0900, I was out of there by 0840. :thumbs:

I got to the application support center at 0700 and there were already people forming a line, even though the office did not open until 0800.

Since it was a bit chilly, I stayed in my car until about 0740 and then got in line. There were about 15 people in line in front of me at that point.

Around 0745, 20 more people were lined up behind me and two support center employees came out of a side door with a cart and clipboards. They checked everyone's I-797-C letters and IDs (the green card for Naturalization applicants) and handed people clipboards with a form to fill out (just basic information about yourself).

If you applied for Naturalization, be SURE to have your green card with you. It states on the letter that you need it and they were giving one guy who didn't have his one heck of a time about it (I'm not sure if they ultimately let him in or not).

I do want to point out that they had a sign talking about the terrorism threat level being "yellow" and that because of that only people with appointments for that day were allowed in the office. I'm saying that because in some threads I have seen people talking about going to the support center a few days early and being processed, unless you live close, I wouldn't risk it.

The "yellow" threat level also meant that you could not take in any packages, briefcases, etc. on top of the usual items that you can not take in (cell phones, cameras, recording equipment, food, drinks, etc). They had no problem with me taking a book inside (I had expected a longer wait as I had there when I got my picture and prints taken in 2005 to renew my green card).

Right at 0800, they opened the front door and a supervisor told everyone that people with appointments from 0800-0900 could come in, everyone else was to step to the back of the line.

She asked everyone for their appointment time as they stepped inside the door to make sure only the 0800-0900 appointment people came in.

Inside we all stood in a line going to three employees. The guy I went to looked over my filled out form, looked at my green card, looked at my hands (I guess to check and see if they could get good prints?) and then gave me a number (12).

My number was called around 0825. The girl went over my personal information with me to make sure their system showed everything correctly. Then she sprayed water on a cloth, wet my fingers with it, dried them with another cloth (so that they were just barely damp, which is what their system apparently likes) and took my prints.

She asked me to fill out comment card.

I asked her about the free civics study guide mentioned in the I-797-C letter, she pointed to a box and asked me to grab one.

I was out of there at 0840, I could not believe it. :dance:

The study guide is basically the same questions you can find on-line on the USCIS website, along with some more explanation/information about each answer (the booklet states that they don't test on that, but I'm going to study all the info to be safe). There is also a CD in the booklet where they read the questions and answers. Probably very handy if someone has a hard time reading or pronouncing English.

I'm going to call the FBI tomorrow to make sure they got the prints and see if they might have already sent the results back to USCIS (according to other posts, most of them go back within 5 minutes of being received).

Time line:

03/14/2008: Mailed N-400 to Texas Service Center

03/18/2008: Texas Service Center received my application (per the USPS return receipt)

03/18/2008: Priority Date

03/18/2008: Check Deposit Date

03/19/2008: Check Cleared by my Bank

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - "You should expect to be notified within 210 days of this notice"

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Fingerprinting Appointment scheduled

04/15/2008: Fingerprints taken

XX/XX/2008: FBI sent fingerprinting results back to USCIS

XX/XX/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Interview scheduled

XX/XX/2008: Interview

XX/XX/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Oath Ceremony scheduled

XX/XX/2008: Oath

Edited by ChrisR

Ive got my biometrics appointment tomorrow in Denver. Just wondering as you mentioned you were going to call the FBI...will they give you that info and what number do you call. I didnt know you could do that.

Chris (Colorado) & Caroline (Australia)

Mar 17 2005 Became Conditional Permanent Resident - St Paddys Day

I-751 Application

Jan 9, 2007: Application for removal of conditions received at NSC.

April 1, 2008: Case transferred to CSC

April 9, 2008: Approved!!!! Card is on its way.

April 15, 2008: Received card in the mail. YAY!!!

N-400 Citizenship Application

Mar 19, 2008: Mailed in N-400 Application

Mar 27, 2008: Check cashed

Mar 31, 2008: Received NOA1. Priority Date March 21, 2008

Apr 4, 2008: Received Biometrics Appointment letter

Apr 16, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

Jun 6, 2008: Received Interview letter

July 14, 2008: Citizenship Interview. Passed. Awaiting oath ceremony date.

I'm going to call the FBI tomorrow to make sure they got the prints and see if they might have already sent the results back to USCIS (according to other posts, most of them go back within 5 minutes of being received).

hi,

i also want to know more about "calling FBI", can you elaborate? thanks.

N400

------

2/8/08 Sent N400

2/12/08 CSC rec'd/Priority Date

2/15/08 Check cashed

2/22/08 Rec'd NOA1

2/23/08 Rec'd FP letter

3/6/08 FP appt

6/5/08 Rec'd IL

7/22/08 Interview

Timeline

hi,

i also want to know more about "calling FBI", can you elaborate? thanks.

Hey Guys!.

I did my FP also(walk-in),about 9 days before the actual schedule date..Most office send the result thesame day..

Mine was sent thesame day.You can just call FBI at 304-625-5590 and they would ask for either your SSN or A#...

For mine,they told me they sent the results thesame day my FP was taken which was on 4/12...

goodluck guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I went for fingerprinting today too.... I was really nervous and ran around the block about 3 times.. lol

Went in at 2:50 pm my appoitment was at 3 pm. There was nobody really in there maybe 2 or 3 other people.

And surprise surprise one guy from my gym worked there which I thought was rather funny...

Fingerprints done.... I also picked up the guide to study and left.

Was not bad at all - stressed myself out for nothing. I must also say they were friendly at the office... which helpded alot.

Why are you guys calling the FBI ? To check if they got the fingerprints ? Just curious.. Should I call too ?

A.

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Timeline
Hi Guys,

I went for fingerprinting today too.... I was really nervous and ran around the block about 3 times.. lol

Went in at 2:50 pm my appoitment was at 3 pm. There was nobody really in there maybe 2 or 3 other people.

And surprise surprise one guy from my gym worked there which I thought was rather funny...

Fingerprints done.... I also picked up the guide to study and left.

Was not bad at all - stressed myself out for nothing. I must also say they were friendly at the office... which helpded alot.

Why are you guys calling the FBI ? To check if they got the fingerprints ? Just curious.. Should I call too ?

A.

oasis,

You can call if you just want to be 100% sure if FBI sent back results to USCIS....

From what I've researched,finger prints results are sent back within 24-72 hours from the FBI...

I called them myself,and they told me they sent it back to USCIS the same day I got my prints taken....

Here's their number: 304-625-5590

oasis,

You can call if you just want to be 100% sure if FBI sent back results to USCIS....

From what I've researched,finger prints results are sent back within 24-72 hours from the FBI...

I called them myself,and they told me they sent it back to USCIS the same day I got my prints taken....

Here's their number: 304-625-5590

I have that number and also one more: 304-625-2406.

Just tell them you had your fingerprints taken by USCIS and want to check on the status. They ask for your alien # and will tell you whether or not USCIS sent the fingerprints to the FBI and whether or not the FBI sent the research results back to USCIS.

They will not give you any information beyond this, so by calling them you will only be able to be sure that your fingerprints didn't get lost in USCIS' system somewhere without ever making it to the FBI.

Looking at other posts, the FBI usually responds within a few minutes of getting the prints (it's all done electronically now). According to their website their "official" time frame for this type of request is 24 hours.

Chris

Just got off the phone with the FBI (304-625-5590, then options 2, 5, 3).

Fingerprinting results were sent back to USCIS yesterday, so now I'm waiting for the interview letter...

Time line:

03/18/2008: Texas Service Center received my application (per the USPS return receipt)

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - "You should expect to be notified within 210 days of this notice"

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Biometrics Appointment scheduled

04/15/2008: Biometrics Appointment @ 0900 CST in San Antonio

04/15/2008: FBI sent fingerprinting results back to USCIS

Just got off the phone with the FBI (304-625-5590, then options 2, 5, 3).

Fingerprinting results were sent back to USCIS yesterday, so now I'm waiting for the interview letter...

Time line:

03/26/2008: I-797C- Notice of Action mailed - Biometrics Appointment scheduled

04/15/2008: Biometrics Appointment @ 0900 CST in San Antonio

04/15/2008: FBI sent fingerprinting results back to USCIS

thanks chrisR for your info! do you know if we can also check the status of the "name check"?

N400

------

2/8/08 Sent N400

2/12/08 CSC rec'd/Priority Date

2/15/08 Check cashed

2/22/08 Rec'd NOA1

2/23/08 Rec'd FP letter

3/6/08 FP appt

6/5/08 Rec'd IL

7/22/08 Interview

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our online status just shows that they received the application, doesn't show that it's been touched or any acknowledgement that Tom had his biometrics done.

But, good news, just got an email that his I-751 was approved, finally, after 14 months!

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Our online status just shows that they received the application, doesn't show that it's been touched or any acknowledgement that Tom had his biometrics done.

But, good news, just got an email that his I-751 was approved, finally, after 14 months!

Congrats, congrats!!! :dance::dance::dance:

thanks chrisR for your info! do you know if we can also check the status of the "name check"?

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to get any kind of information on the name check.

If you call the fingerprinting FBI number, they actually have an automated announcement telling you that the office handling those (a different office) does not accept inquiries.

Chris

Same here, just generic "we received your application, the letter outlined the process, we'll let you know if we need anything" information.

From what I gather from other posts, the case status will "disappear" completely when they get ready to mail the interview scheduling letter, so I guess I'm going to pull it up daily and if it pulls up nothing, it will hopefully mean that an interview letter is on the way...

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone..

Just wanted to hear how the March Filers are doing.. Did anybody hear anything yet >

How is the studying going ?

Have a great day

Anja :goofy:

Greencard Holder since 1991

August 2006: Approved for Dual Citizenship from the German Consulate

I am officially now a Dual Citizen :)))

07.06.09 sent I-129F to Vermont Service Center for Mr Brazil

07.09.09 NOA1

12.11.09 NOA2

02.23.10 Visa Interview - Rio de Janeiro-Visa denied

03.11.10 case cent back to VSC

Second Round:

04.19.10 Sent new petition to Vermont Service Center

04.21.10 NOA1

04.23.10 check cashed

07.16.10 touched

10.XX.10: Decide to split with my fiance and set in a withdraw letter to VSC

10.25.10: NOA2 - to my surprise but it does not matter anymore

11.18.10: Withdraw of my petition is final - The End of my Immigration Journey :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.