SteveLaura

French celeb questions 9/11 events

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The Trade Center conspiracies are just a major point of emphasis for me, because that girl has no background to qualify the statement. It's just a stupid, shot-in-the-dark statement based on what other people have told her happened.

Who is qualified to speak on it then? Everyone forms opinions from what they've heard and read, and that's all this was. What makes hers *less* valuable? I can see why it's not *more* valuable.

Well, a person that has a firm grasp of the mechanics involved in statics and strengths would be a good place to start.

But like I said, hers is simply an opinion. I have one too, though I'm not a mechanical engineer.

AnewKINDofFEELIN is the only one allowed to have an opinion

My opinion is well-grounded in years of research and mechanical testing, not rumors and hearsay.

So what are your qualifications which allow you to make the statement that culture is useless?

ETA: I'm having a hard time believing that you really feel that people shouldn't open their mouths unless they have an advanced degree in the subject at hand. Just sounds silly to me.

I'm a mechanical engineer who specialized in strengths of material in my college years. Thus, I could describe all modes of failure occuring within the world trade center after it was hit by planes.

But you're not answering my question. How does your knowledge of relative material strength qualify you to make statements regarding the utility of culture?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
A fellow Moorcock fan?

Honestly, I don't know his work. It has more to do with Alan Watts than anything. It happens to fit with my personal philosophy.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Timeline
The Trade Center conspiracies are just a major point of emphasis for me, because that girl has no background to qualify the statement. It's just a stupid, shot-in-the-dark statement based on what other people have told her happened.

Who is qualified to speak on it then? Everyone forms opinions from what they've heard and read, and that's all this was. What makes hers *less* valuable? I can see why it's not *more* valuable.

Well, a person that has a firm grasp of the mechanics involved in statics and strengths would be a good place to start.

But like I said, hers is simply an opinion. I have one too, though I'm not a mechanical engineer.

My opinion is well-grounded in years of research and mechanical testing, not rumors and hearsay.

So what are your qualifications which allow you to make the statement that culture is useless?

ETA: I'm having a hard time believing that you really feel that people shouldn't open their mouths unless they have an advanced degree in the subject at hand. Just sounds silly to me.

I'm a mechanical engineer who specialized in strengths of material in my college years. Thus, I could describe all modes of failure occuring within the world trade center after it was hit by planes.

But you're not answering my question. How does your knowledge of relative material strength qualify you to make statements regarding the utility of culture?

It doesn't. I didn't realize that is what you were talking about. I'm holding like 4 conversations here. Quite frankly, it doesn't qualify me. I was talking about the idiot actress going against years of research and basic scientific concensus regarding the failures.

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I agree her opinion isn't at all authoritative - but I think the quibbling over what did and didn't happen (and the various rationale for it) is pretty idiotic. Even the folks who come out and establish physical / chemical / metalurgical rationales for the truth of the events are being a little ridiculous and buying into a debate that by rights people shouldn't be entertaining in the first place.

In this context, its like a policeman seeing a person get stabbed in broad daylight, finding the body with the knife in its back and then scratching their chin over what the cause of death might be.

Timeline
Stonehenge is completely useless, though.

:no:

stonehenge1.jpg

Okay, not completely. :lol:

Stonehenge is completely useless, though.

:no:

stonehenge1.jpg

In ancient times, hundreds of years before the

dawn of history.

There lived a strange race of people...the Druids.

No one knows who they were, or what they were doing...

but their legacy remains...

hewn into the living rock of Stonehenge...

Stonehenge, where the demons dwell

Where the banshees live and they do live well

Stonehenge

Where a man's a man and the children dance to

the pipes of pan

And you my love, won't you take my hand

We'll go back in time to that mystic land

Where the dew drops cry and the cats meow

I will take you there

I will show you how

90day.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I think we have a rare, but wonderful opportunity here just staring us in the face!

Since we've discovered that French actress Marion Cotillard is indeed very attractive, but outspoken and inflammatory in her statements, I'd like to see her face off against American author and conservative commentator, Ann Coulter, whom many also feel is very attractive, in addition to being extremely vocal and confrontational in her own right.

Oh sure, nothing of any importance would get done, but it'd be entertaining and the ratings would definitely be high! ;)

Edited by DeadPoolX

Timeline

It doesn't. I didn't realize that is what you were talking about. I'm holding like 4 conversations here. Quite frankly, it doesn't qualify me. I was talking about the idiot actress going against years of research and basic scientific concensus regarding the failures.

Ok, glad we got that cleared up then. LOL

Oh, and P.S. to DeadpoolX - what's up with your new avatar? Kinda creepy. :unsure:

Timeline
I'd like to see her face off against American author and conservative commentator, whom many also feel is very attractive, in addition to being extremely vocal and

this person exists?

Yeah I so don't get that. I mean Condoleeza Rice is even more attractive than Ann Coulter.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'd like to see her face off against American author and conservative commentator, whom many also feel is very attractive, in addition to being extremely vocal and

this person exists?

Yeah. I somehow forgot to add her in! I fixed it! :P

Oh, and P.S. to DeadpoolX - what's up with your new avatar? Kinda creepy. :unsure:

It's Gordon Gekko, Michael Douglas's character from the 1987 movie, Wall Street. I just like the character, that's all. :star:

Timeline

It's Gordon Gekko, Michael Douglas's character from the 1987 movie, Wall Street. I just like the character, that's all. :star:

Well I guess I'll let that slide then, but for future reference Michael Douglas = creepy. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Upon further research, I have discovered that Mse. Cotillard is attractive.

marion.jpg

I therefore retract my earlier comment about deporting her and, despite her being French, am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Apologies for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

get some glasses. :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!