SteveLaura

French celeb questions 9/11 events

95 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I wouldn't go that far - but then again I do know a couple of actors (including my SIL). I don't know if it serves your particularly argument well to denounce this woman's comments by saying something that, in its way, is just as "out there" as the stuff in the article.

Seems to be par for the course with these forums anyway.

C'est la vie. It's a problem of giving these people a platform from which to state these things. When it goes beyond being an actress to being a "celebrity." They put microphones in front of people who haven't the slightest grasp of things and they make asinine statements.

The Trade Center conspiracies are just a major point of emphasis for me, because that girl has no background to qualify the statement. It's just a stupid, shot-in-the-dark statement based on what other people have told her happened.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I just want to clear up what I just said. I don't personally think that plays are trash, but they are definitely superficial.

Well superficial on what level - Thematically? Dramatically?

There is bad Shakespeare and good Shakespeare. Even the best plays can be pretty rotten in the hands of a bad cast, or likewise noticeably more intense in the hands of a good one. That's not a reflection on the writing - but certainly people don't just get up there and reel off lines like "yada yada yada". There is a bit of artistry to it.

Timeline
I just want to clear up what I just said. I don't personally think that plays are trash, but they are definitely superficial.

Its call immaginiation :whistle:

And? If you're going to be a smartass, make sure that your spelling doesn't expose you as a dumbass. :thumbs:

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
The Trade Center conspiracies are just a major point of emphasis for me, because that girl has no background to qualify the statement. It's just a stupid, shot-in-the-dark statement based on what other people have told her happened.

Who is qualified to speak on it then? Everyone forms opinions from what they've heard and read, and that's all this was. What makes hers *less* valuable? I can see why it's not *more* valuable.

Timeline

There is bad Shakespeare and good Shakespeare. Even the best plays can be pretty rotten in the hands of a bad cast, or likewise noticeably more intense in the hands of a good one. That's not a reflection on the writing - but certainly people don't just get up there and reel off lines like "yada yada yada". There is a bit of artistry to it.

But you're comparing William Shakespeare to this dumb chick.

My statement that it is superficial is because it provides nothing more than entertainment, but it is held up and funded as an irreplacable part of American culture. I just don't buy it.

Who is qualified to speak on it then? Everyone forms opinions from what they've heard and read, and that's all this was. What makes hers *less* valuable? I can see why it's not *more* valuable.

Well, a person that has a firm grasp of the mechanics involved in statics and strengths would be a good place to start.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

And? If you're going to be a smartass, make sure that your spelling doesn't expose you as a dumbass. :thumbs:

the only dumbass is you, and you prove it with every post you do daily ...congrats :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My statement that it is superficial is because it provides nothing more than entertainment, but it is held up and funded as an irreplacable part of American culture. I just don't buy it.

I'm not comparing Shakespeare to her. You made a broadbrush, general statement about actors and acting in general - that takes the emphasis off her and onto a profession and industry that is comprised of thousands of people. From what you've said about Shakespeare it seems you feel the same way about writers and writing.

Besides if you dismiss it as "nothing more than entertainment", what do you consider an irreplaceable part of American (or any) culture?

What about museums - waste of space?

If you throw out art, history and indeed art-history - what cultural heritage can you have?

Timeline

the only dumbass is you, and you prove it with every post you do daily ...congrats :)

Is that you, Allah?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, a person that has a firm grasp of the mechanics involved in statics and strengths would be a good place to start.

But like I said, hers is simply an opinion. I have one too, though I'm not a mechanical engineer.

Timeline

I'm not comparing Shakespeare to her. You made a broadbrush, general statement about actors and acting in general - that takes the emphasis off her and onto a profession and industry that is comprised of thousands of people. From what you've said about Shakespeare it seems you feel the same way about writers and writing.

Besides if you dismiss it as "nothing more than entertainment", what do you consider an irreplaceable part of American (or any) culture?

If you throw out art, history and indeed art-history - what cultural heritage can you have?

why are you arguing with him? you should know by now you cant win, and as soon as you start to show him up, he calls names bc you know thats how 10 yr olds act. its pointless

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Do you think that has stopped people from voicing opinions about certain subjects? Look at all the non-scientists who hold opinions about global warming for one. Even the intelligent design vs evolution debate.

keTiiDCjGVo

Timeline

Is that you, Allah?

did you grow up in a closet, mommy wouldnt let you have any childish thoughts? sad sad...very sad, explains why your so ####### as an adult :)

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Upon further research, I have discovered that Mse. Cotillard is attractive.

marion.jpg

I therefore retract my earlier comment about deporting her and, despite her being French, am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Apologies for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Timeline

"Culture" is useless.

Timeline

But like I said, hers is simply an opinion. I have one too, though I'm not a mechanical engineer.

AnewKINDofFEELIN is the only one allowed to have an opinion

vj2.jpgvj.jpg