Henna Rose

ME ~ NA Foods !

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I find myself longing for that delicious mint tea, Harira made with love, shish kabobs and Tagine of Marrakesh, the fish made by the family. Hababi and I frequently visited those outdoor places that serve roasted lemon chickens, salad, fries, and bread of course for dipping (my mouth is starting to water) for 20 dirham !

I especially miss the way eating was an event to be savored just like the food ! (F)

6042646_bodyshot_300x400.gif

weight.png

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I bought a great , authentic Moroccan cookbook recently called, Cooking at the Kasbah by Kitty Morse. I'm wanting to learn how to prepare more of these dishes. I learned alot cooking hands on w/ the relatives, Moroccans put so much love in their cooking (L)

weight.png

I miss that couscous made by my mom's (inlaw) hand only and her stuffed bread with peppers and potatoes. Food made by a moms hand that has so much love in it goshhh i miss her. :cry:

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I would pay a hundred bucks for a true amman shawerma sandwich....Nothing I have had in the states compares to how they cook it in jordan....mmmm with homemade mayo cole slaw and french fries...topped of with an ice cold pepsi....all for the low low price of 2.5 dinars

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I would pay a hundred bucks for a true amman shawerma sandwich....Nothing I have had in the states compares to how they cook it in jordan....mmmm with homemade mayo cole slaw and french fries...topped of with an ice cold pepsi....all for the low low price of 2.5 dinars

I agree 100% -- the best shwerma in the world is in Amman !!! :thumbs: I have never had anything as good as how they make it there.

But uh 2.5 dinars ????? That's almost 5 bucks :o.............. ghalya kteer ! That must've been in Shmeisani or another chi-chi neighborhood :P

Still... I think I'd be willing to pay that and more today.... now you got me Jonesin badddd....

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

At least we have Laughing Cow cheese here, I love the stuff !

I couldn't believe all the different flavors and quantity of this cheese in Morocco! :o

weight.png

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Morocco:

I miss stopping on the road and choosing my meat to be ground into kefta,spices, onion, mint, etc and then passed on to another guy who grills it with tomatoes and onions and eating it with Moroccan bread. Yum!

I miss msemmen with tons of butter and honey.

I miss bocadillos.

I miss any and all of my MIL's awesome food! (well, minus her chicken couscous. blah!)

Israel/Lebanon style ME food:

I miss big, juicy falafel sandwiches dripping with tahini sauce

Shakshuka

Meze- hummus, baba, toum, muhammara, kibbeh, etc.

ahhh I could go on forever. I LOVE ME food! Luckily I've learned how to make quite a bit of it so I can have it here but it definitely is not the same!

Edited by sereia

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I didnt have any in Amman, but I had homemade and in Irbid. I had hands on teaching from the pro. :)

I just tried it last week, and you know what? It was pretty damn good, if I do say so myself! heh

But what I would REALLY like.. I crave everyday since I left?.. feteh made with lamb. If I could get a good recipe.. I would be a happy woman

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Mahmoud is making ma7shi badinjan wa ma7shi kousa tonight -- the house smells heavenly. luv:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.