workin4somethin

So.... how are the driving lessons going?

316 posts in this topic

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I called my wife "My Princess" one time. She immediately corrected me, "I am not princess... I am queen!"
The running joke in our house is "good Russian wife". My wife will do something nice for me and say, "I am good Russian wife" - or I will say, "you are good Russian wife". It's all in complete jest (we are making fun of the good Russian wife stereotype). Last night she did something nice and I said, "you are good Russian wife" and she responded, without missing a beat, "if I am good Russian wife, how come you had to clean the toilet today". Ouch!! (:

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
now how else are you gonna treat her like the princess she is if you don't chauffeur her around? :hehe:

I called my wife "My Princess" one time. She immediately corrected me, "I am not princess... I am queen!"

see what i mean? now get driving :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
now how else are you gonna treat her like the princess she is if you don't chauffeur her around? :hehe:

see what i mean? now get driving :P

Better yet... hire a driver.

Первый блин комом.

I'm gonna hire someone to clean my toilet before I hire someone to drive my wife around.

On the driving note..... she passed the written test and has the practical portion, the actual driving part next Friday. Will update then. And she got a job too! We were lounging around on Wednesday and she said, "I go downtown now and find job." Out of the blue. I dropped her off and a few hours later she was waking me up saying something about training tomorrow. She's worked for a couple days, so far so good. I would've posted earlier, but you know how Russians are. They've got that rule about not talking about stuff until after it's over. Kind of like a baseball no-no or the first rule of Fight Club....

From what I gather, it's not that she doesn't understand what she must do or even that she shuns the responsibility. It's that she simply must delay as long as possible to torment me to the maximum degree.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I'm gonna hire someone to clean my toilet before I hire someone to drive my wife around.

On the driving note..... she passed the written test and has the practical portion, the actual driving part next Friday. Will update then. And she got a job too! We were lounging around on Wednesday and she said, "I go downtown now and find job." Out of the blue. I dropped her off and a few hours later she was waking me up saying something about training tomorrow. She's worked for a couple days, so far so good. I would've posted earlier, but you know how Russians are. They've got that rule about not talking about stuff until after it's over. Kind of like a baseball no-no or the first rule of Fight Club....

From what I gather, it's not that she doesn't understand what she must do or even that she shuns the responsibility. It's that she simply must delay as long as possible to torment me to the maximum degree.

Seems like your patience with driving lessons and answering questions about the rules of the road (" no honey yellow light means go faster") is about to end. Congrats on the working wife, now the painful your money is our money and my money is my money lesson. My wife is retooling in school, and I thought that don't tell anyone our plans was an individual characteristic of my wife, don't know if I am relieved or concerned that it seems to be a national pasttime. Now if I can just her out to shoot that M-16 this weekend and send a photo to her dad who brags about kalishnikov superiority...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Seems like your patience with driving lessons and answering questions about the rules of the road (" no honey yellow light means go faster") is about to end. Congrats on the working wife, now the painful your money is our money and my money is my money lesson. My wife is retooling in school, and I thought that don't tell anyone our plans was an individual characteristic of my wife, don't know if I am relieved or concerned that it seems to be a national pasttime. Now if I can just her out to shoot that M-16 this weekend and send a photo to her dad who brags about kalishnikov superiority...

unfortunately, that seemed to apply to some german gals i knew. fortunately, my wife does not think like that, i don''t know if that is common in brazil or if it is just her.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I think my patience must persevere because although she'll be driving, that doesn't mean I can relax. My grip is still pretty tight on that "Oh $#!T handle." She's improved by leaps and bounds but I'm relaxed by no means!

The "our money" lesson isn't going to change from this job... she was working before for the last 9 months. She just up and quit her job because, well, it's her money, so what's it matter? I guess since she didn't have any of "her money" left to pay for "her car" and "our money" has been exhausted on the rest of "our bills" she finally figured out the only way to get what she wants (and keep it) she'd have to start working again. But, who knows, maybe "her money" will be "our money" this time.

As far as the Kalashnikov's superiority over the M-16, I think you'll have to get him to shoot it. Sure, the AK has plenty of great quality's, but like they say on the History channel, "This is the rifle you have if you can't afford an M-16."

fortunately, my wife does not think like that, i don''t know if that is common in brazil or if it is just her.

I hope it's a Brazilian thing because she just started working at a Brazilian restaurant. Maybe she'll come home with that first paycheck and be like, "Honey, here... it's our money."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
fortunately, my wife does not think like that, i don''t know if that is common in brazil or if it is just her.

I hope it's a Brazilian thing because she just started working at a Brazilian restaurant. Maybe she'll come home with that first paycheck and be like, "Honey, here... it's our money."

is it a brazilian barbecue place? that stuff is so good.

Первый блин комом.

is it a brazilian barbecue place? that stuff is so good.

Yep. All you can eat steak, chicken, seafood, etc. I think it's like $49.50, but for someone like me, that's a steal. I know I can eat more than $50 worth of steak in one sitting. I've never eaten there, but there's a good chance I'll be eating there soon.

She's not to the point where she can bring me a "lunch" home every night, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Русский форум член.

• 2 weeks later...
Extra points for using the word "bunk" in a sentence.

We bought a set of bunk beds at a garage sale but they turned out to be stolen so a man from the bunk-o squad came a took them away.

Thats two pts right

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We bought a set of bunk beds at a garage sale but they turned out to be stolen so a man from the bunk-o squad came a took them away.
Stolen bunkbeds? Heh. How did they end up tracking you down?

PEOPLE: READ THE APPLICATION FORM INSTRUCTIONS!!!! They have a lot of good information in them! Most of the questions I see on VJ are clearly addressed by the form instructions. Give them a read!! If you are unable to understand the form instructions, I highly recommend hiring someone who does to help you with the process. Our process, from K-1 to Citizenship and U.S. Passport is completed. Good luck with your process.

Extra points for using the word "bunk" in a sentence.

Thats two pts right

That is two points! (But for future reference, bunk is going to have to be used as a descriptive word as in AK's last usage of something "being bunk" or else we could all get points for using "bunk beds", "up at the bunk house", "the bunk-o squad" etc. To truly earn points for using words like bunk, they've gotta be in the most bunk usage.)

Stolen bunkbeds? Heh. How did they end up tracking you down?

Same way INTERPOL tracked down that woman that was a bunk robber over in Russia then went to Alaska and started working at the bunk with plans on doing an inside robbery. We later found out it was debunkified, as I'm sure we'll hear the same about Thomas' bunk-o squad story with the stolen bunk beds.

0 points because that was a bunk post.

OK, well, one point now. Get it?

Русский форум член.

Just an update on the driving and license acquisition process......

She had her practical driving exam on Friday. I watched as they walked out to the car, flashed the lights, beeped the horn, etc., then took off. She pulled up to the cones (after doing her best Austin Powers impersonation to straighten the car - they did have the cones set up at an odd angle though, kind of a weird place to do a manueverability test...) and she started to pull through and then reverse back. After stopping to start over, she made it through just fine.

Then, they took off (out of sight) to do the "road" test. I guess she did OK because the black guy administering the test wasn't white when they returned so she must've driven pretty steadily. He revealed however, that she didn't pass because she rolled through the stop signs. She did pass the "cones" portion, but not the "road" driving portion. She drove well, just rolled through the stops (instant failure) so she has to do that part over.

So, now we had to reschedule the test (another two weeks) and hopefully when she passes that one, she'll be done. All told, we've been in the process of getting her license for over three months. Most of that time was driving practice but once we went to the license place, there was a written test, several days to do a re-test, two weeks before a driving test was available, two weeks to get a re-test scheduled and then hopefully we'll be done. Until then, I'm still driving her to/from her 4-5 hour part-time job.

Hopefully all of this will be behind us next month. June should be good. Got a new license, got a new job.....

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

OMG Slim! :lol:

June sounds like it will be a great month for y'all. :)

Just an update on the driving and license acquisition process......

She had her practical driving exam on Friday. I watched as they walked out to the car, flashed the lights, beeped the horn, etc., then took off. She pulled up to the cones (after doing her best Austin Powers impersonation to straighten the car - they did have the cones set up at an odd angle though, kind of a weird place to do a manueverability test...) and she started to pull through and then reverse back. After stopping to start over, she made it through just fine.

Then, they took off (out of sight) to do the "road" test. I guess she did OK because the black guy administering the test wasn't white when they returned so she must've driven pretty steadily. He revealed however, that she didn't pass because she rolled through the stop signs. She did pass the "cones" portion, but not the "road" driving portion. She drove well, just rolled through the stops (instant failure) so she has to do that part over.

So, now we had to reschedule the test (another two weeks) and hopefully when she passes that one, she'll be done. All told, we've been in the process of getting her license for over three months. Most of that time was driving practice but once we went to the license place, there was a written test, several days to do a re-test, two weeks before a driving test was available, two weeks to get a re-test scheduled and then hopefully we'll be done. Until then, I'm still driving her to/from her 4-5 hour part-time job.

Hopefully all of this will be behind us next month. June should be good. Got a new license, got a new job.....

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.