workin4somethin

So.... how are the driving lessons going?

316 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife has been driving some around town and she is improving. Only one way to get better and that is go out and do it. This past weekend we made a quick trip down to the Florida Keys to prepare our house for hurricane Ike. She wanted to drive some on the way home so I let her start down there and by God she drove the whole way home, about 4 hours. I only pissed my pants twice.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only pissed my pants twice.

Not bad! :thumbs:

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
My wife has been driving some around town and she is improving. Only one way to get better and that is go out and do it. This past weekend we made a quick trip down to the Florida Keys to prepare our house for hurricane Ike. She wanted to drive some on the way home so I let her start down there and by God she drove the whole way home, about 4 hours. I only pissed my pants twice.

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Sweet!! :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Damn, vacation thread is about pissing, now this too..

Strange fixation on this forum :blink:

Marriage : 2001-09-26

CSC:

I-130 Sent : 2008-03-01

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-12

I-130 Approved : 2008-07-24

NVC:

NVC Received: 2008-07-30

DS-3032 and AOS bill generated: 2008-08-04

DS-3032 e-mailed (with autoreply): 2008-08-05

AOS fee paid online: 2008-08-06

AOS fee received in AVR and online: 2008-08-07

DS-3032 accepted with e-mail notice: 2008-08-15

IV fee bill paid online: 2008-08-16

IV fee bill generated in AVR: 2008-08-18

IV fee bill Accepted (PAID online): 2008-08-19

I-864 Express Mailed: 2008-08-19

IV fee and 864 received at NVC, called to confirm: 2008-08-22

DS-230 Express Mailed to NVC: 2008-08-25

RFE issued (864): 2008-09-2, sent correction: 2008-09-03

RFE Checklist received: 2008-09-08

Case Complete: 2008-09-16

Welcome to the Russia forum. A page or two of good info.... sixteen pages of piss and pie.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Every one has to have a hobby! :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Welcome to the Russia forum. A page or two of good info.... sixteen pages of piss and pie.

dude, i'm in korea. they drive like they are crazy over here! :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Remember when driving in Korea -

As fast as possible, wherever possible (Sidewalks? What sidewalks? If my car fits here, I'm driving here!)

Stop lights, street signs, intersections... those are "suggestions" only

Slow down for the cameras... then speed up like you're at a drag strip (same goes for speed humps)

Busses, trucks, and any vehicle bigger than yours not only has the right of way, regardless of lane or direction, but they'll TAKE the right of way right away from you

Pedestrians are WRONG and should cross the street at their own risk, not yours

There's no such thing as a merge

A "minor" accident is anything where your vehicles still run - Broken mirrors, fender dings, bumper taps, etc. - don't require police to be called. In this case, simply get out, yell at the other guy a little, then get back in and drive away.

Park anywhere you want, just make sure you have a little sign on your windshield that has your "handpone" number on it so they can call you. If you answer your "handpone" and someone starts yelling at you in Korean, go move your car.

You don't "yield" at a roundabout, you speed up!

Never, ever pull over for the police. Lights on simply means "on duty" not "pull over." In fact, they don't actually pull people over. If you happen to get "waved over" to a police check point (similar to the ones in Russia) simply say something about being a foreigner, not speaking Korean, and keep driving.

If you want to exit, turn, etc., you should do so from the farthest lane possible and at the highest rate of speed possible. To really give folks a heads up, turn your hazard lights on.

Always flash your lights and honk your horn.... always! (Especially when sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic.)

Watch out for Americans... they're the worst drivers on the road!

I think that about covers it. Once you learn how to drive there, it's extremely fun! (and efficient!) (And OH S#!T$$$$%%#@@#+)

Русский форум член.

Timeline
Remember when driving in Korea -

As fast as possible, wherever possible (Sidewalks? What sidewalks? If my car fits here, I'm driving here!)

Stop lights, street signs, intersections... those are "suggestions" only

Slow down for the cameras... then speed up like you're at a drag strip (same goes for speed humps)

Busses, trucks, and any vehicle bigger than yours not only has the right of way, regardless of lane or direction, but they'll TAKE the right of way right away from you

Pedestrians are WRONG and should cross the street at their own risk, not yours

There's no such thing as a merge

A "minor" accident is anything where your vehicles still run - Broken mirrors, fender dings, bumper taps, etc. - don't require police to be called. In this case, simply get out, yell at the other guy a little, then get back in and drive away.

Park anywhere you want, just make sure you have a little sign on your windshield that has your "handpone" number on it so they can call you. If you answer your "handpone" and someone starts yelling at you in Korean, go move your car.

You don't "yield" at a roundabout, you speed up!

Never, ever pull over for the police. Lights on simply means "on duty" not "pull over." In fact, they don't actually pull people over. If you happen to get "waved over" to a police check point (similar to the ones in Russia) simply say something about being a foreigner, not speaking Korean, and keep driving.

If you want to exit, turn, etc., you should do so from the farthest lane possible and at the highest rate of speed possible. To really give folks a heads up, turn your hazard lights on.

Always flash your lights and honk your horn.... always! (Especially when sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic.)

Watch out for Americans... they're the worst drivers on the road!

I think that about covers it. Once you learn how to drive there, it's extremely fun! (and efficient!) (And OH S#!T$$$$%%#@@#+)

i'm just staying on base, it seems safer. besides, they have a pizza hut in the basement of the dragon hill :devil:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

i'm just staying on base, it seems safer. besides, they have a pizza hut in the basement of the dragon hill :devil:

If you walk down to Itaewon there's a lot more than pizza for sale!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

heck no, there's crazy people driving around out there! :protest:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

If you wanna have some real fun, get in a taxi on base and then tell the driver to take you somewhere off base. (Watch the whiplash as you exit the gate, and don't forget your seat belt!)

Русский форум член.

Timeline

If you wanna have some real fun, get in a taxi on base and then tell the driver to take you somewhere off base. (Watch the whiplash as you exit the gate, and don't forget your seat belt!)

did that to go to itaewon, or however it's spelled, to get a wallet. the taxi driver cut off a motorized 3 wheeler, then cut in front of some mopeds, and then swerved in front of a moving bus to let me out. and that's after only about 1 mile! :blink:

not been off base since.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

did that to go to itaewon, or however it's spelled, to get a wallet. the taxi driver cut off a motorized 3 wheeler, then cut in front of some mopeds, and then swerved in front of a moving bus to let me out. and that's after only about 1 mile! :blink:

not been off base since.

What base Charles? Just curious, as I spent about nine months in Korea (years ago).

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.