workin4somethin

So.... how are the driving lessons going?

316 posts in this topic

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fabulous is the one word that no doubt, sets the "fabulous" apart from the unfabulous. If you know what I mean, cake eater.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Fabulous is the one word that no doubt, sets the "fabulous" apart from the unfabulous. If you know what I mean, cake eater.

Umm what about magnificccent!! or fantabulous, or splendiferous?

and why is cake eater an insult, i like cake, its sweet and very tasty. I really like jello poke cake.

If you want an insult try lima bean eater, or 5 day old rotten egg eater. Cake is innocent and pure it should never be used as an insult.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Umm what about magnificccent!! or fantabulous, or splendiferous?

and why is cake eater an insult, i like cake, its sweet and very tasty. I really like jello poke cake.

If you want an insult try lima bean eater, or 5 day old rotten egg eater. Cake is innocent and pure it should never be used as an insult.

Those are all wonderful words but they don't signify someone on the gaydar the way "fabulous!" does.

Cake eater is an insult, just ask Emilio Estevez, the Mighty Duck man himself. Emilioooooo! Emiliooooooo!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Cake eater is an insult, just ask Emilio Estevez, the Mighty Duck man himself. Emilioooooo! Emiliooooooo!

Now thats an insult calling someone Emilio Estevez, why not really hurt his feelings and calling him an almost Sheen

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Now thats an insult calling someone Emilio Estevez, why not really hurt his feelings and calling him an almost Sheen

I think when you get down to it, it doesn't really matter which brother you are because either way, life's good!

Русский форум член.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Drivers of the world BEWARE. Tuesday afternoon she has her first try at her drivers test. The American roads may never be as safe or even the same. She read my previous post about wishing I could bribe the guy giving her the test to fail her and since she is now speaking to me again I won't say much more. Of course when you say something that gets you into trouble sometimes them not speaking to you can be the best thing that can happen. You begin to understand the true meaning of the expression "Silence is Golden"

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

HELP!

I have a Russian daughter who will be turning 16 within the year, and all she talks about is driving. Her mom (wife, of course) is absolutely the worst driver I have been in a car with.

What I need help with here are some "excuses" (not necessarily honest, BS is okay) as to why she (daughter) may have to postpone driving for a year or two. All suggestions/ideas appreciated.

from Andrew

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
HELP!

I have a Russian daughter who will be turning 16 within the year, and all she talks about is driving. Her mom (wife, of course) is absolutely the worst driver I have been in a car with.

What I need help with here are some "excuses" (not necessarily honest, BS is okay) as to why she (daughter) may have to postpone driving for a year or two. All suggestions/ideas appreciated.

Just because her mom is a terrible driver doesn't mean she will be. She shouldn't be punished for her mother's lack of skills.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks, Icky. But you missed my plea for help. I'm looking for answers to my query.

no, i answered it. there is no actual reason to prevent her from driving. and if you're the parent, you don't have to give a reason anyway.

Первый блин комом.

I can't believe I'm reading this.

Do you really think a 16-year old is so dumb as not to be able to see through any BS you'll give her? Or are you projecting mother's qualities on the child here, too? :angry:

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Do you really think a 16-year old is so dumb.... Or are you projecting mother's qualities.... ?

Forgive me, but you sound mean spirited. Perhaps I sound mean to you.

If I asked you to help me select something red, would you condemn me for choosing red?

You do not know anything about the qualities of my wife, except for what I have said about her scaring the ####### out of me when she drives. By the way, she too is scared to death about the prospect of our daughter's driving.

Do you and Icky not have something else to do instead of picking at and disagreeing with the ideas of other people on this site just because you do not agree with their view?

from Andrew

Do you really think a 16-year old is so dumb.... Or are you projecting mother's qualities.... ?

Forgive me, but you sound mean spirited. Perhaps I sound mean to you.

If I asked you to help me select something red, would you condemn me for choosing red?

If I asked you to help me select the best whip for whipping my kid, would you calmly give me relevant advice?

You didn't ask for help with something neutral; it's disrespectful toward your almost-adult kid and I hate to see people being disrespectful toward their grown children. Here's my advice: my husband drove since he was 15, though I'm sure his mom freaked out just as much. As of today, he's never been in an accident. Give your kid a benefit of a doubt.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: Timeline
HELP!

How are her grades? If her grades are not great, then a perfect and legitimate excuse is that the insurance will be too high until she gets her grades up. That gives her a target to shoot for, and gives you time to adjust to the fact that eventually she will be driving.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.