SteveLaura

Drive-in movies

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
That actually sounds pretty fun, but I doubt I could ever watch either of those movies without flashing back to the MST3K comments :lol:

I had to look this up, but I'm still not sure what it is. A TV show that took the piss out of old B movies?

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

I had to look this up, but I'm still not sure what it is. A TV show that took the piss out of old B movies?

Pretty much. Although they aren't mean about it most of the time. It's definitely not to everyone's taste, but it's probably the only way Manos, The Hands of Fate could ever be watched by a sane person.

They also take the piss out of old "educational" shorts too.

Here's my favourite short...

Edited by Mark&Steph

Real love stories never have endings...

We had two Drive-in movies where I grew up and one of them is still in opeation. Ah yes, summer nights and steamy windows :P

You forgot cramming into a VW Micro bus with people you just met to get high with. :wacko:

Yea, dollar a car night and on the other nights we could get 8 people into the trunk of the Buick :P

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Is that for real!? :lol:

I go sometimes with my family up to a drive-in theatre in Milford, NH. I guess it's fun enough, but I think I prefer a regular movie theatre. It gets cold and buggy.

I love that Brady Bunch episode when Greg takes his date to the drive-in and Peter and Bobby's frogs are in the back seat and they jump onto the pizza. Oh good stuff.

Yeah, Bobby was a little sh!t in that episode, wasn't he?

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

I only went to a drive-in movie once, in Tucson in about 1993. It was a double feature, Hot Shots and one of the Naked Gun movies We all had a bit to smoke, and I thought I'd be the hero and go procure a giant bucket of popcorn and Milk Duds. Predictably, I couldn't find the truck on the way back and wandered around like an idiot while devouring the popcorn.

K-1

AOS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Timeline

OK, so for the full-on drive-in experience at home, it sounds like I need to procure:

• Milk Duds
  • Pizza
  • Stale popcorn
  • Mosquito repellant

Have I missed anything?

OK, so for the full-on drive-in experience at home, it sounds like I need to procure:
  • Milk Duds
  • Pizza
  • Stale popcorn
  • Mosquito repellant
Have I missed anything?

Bobby Brady and a humorless date to look distastefully at the pepperoni and onion pizza.

And frogs.

K-1

AOS

Timeline
  • Milk Duds
  • Pizza
  • Stale popcorn
  • Mosquito repellant
Have I missed anything?

Bobby Brady and a humorless date to look distastefully at the pepperoni and onion pizza.

And frogs.

Hmm, this is going to need more organisation than I first thought...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
We had two Drive-in movies where I grew up and one of them is still in opeation. Ah yes, summer nights and steamy windows :P

You forgot cramming into a VW Micro bus with people you just met to get high with. :wacko:

Yea, dollar a car night and on the other nights we could get 8 people into the trunk of the Buick :P

You know that's right! :thumbs:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

some of my best moves and worst cramps were in the back seat at the drive in

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

some of my best moves and worst cramps were in the back seat at the drive in

I just can't imagine all that grapling in the back seat of a 1967 VW bug :P I sure couldn't get away with it now, heck, I don't think I would fit in the back seat of a 67 bug :blush:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i took k to the drive in this summer when he was here for vaca, the best thing was taking our own treats! we stopped at wally world before we went and loaded up...plus i made a super gigundo tub of fresh popcorn and took a cooler full of sodas :pop: ....better than the regular movies, if i'd only remember the bug repellant :oops:

02/01/08 I-129F off to VSC!

02/02/08 VSC Received, signed by P Novak 12:02pm

02/05/08 VSC Cash Check and issue NOA1(online)

02/08/08 Touched

02/09/08 NOA1 received in mail

02/11/08 Touched

02/12/08 Touched

02/15/08 Touched

02/24/08 Touched

05/01/08 NOA2 (email)

05/02/08 Touched

05/06/08 NVC received

05/08/08 Hardcopy NOA2

05/08/08 Left NVC London bound!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We still have an active Drive in in Alabama too. I is about 35 miles away from us but we love going. It is open in the summer months and you get 2 movies for $7 still. On Family night you get a carload for $5. We have a SUV so we pull in backwards......open the hatch.....put the backseats down......bring blankets and pillows and stretch out and get comfy. We do not have the speakers anymore we have the radio tuning like mentioned before. We go every summer at least once or twice. Can't wait until Ahmed is here to share it with him.

My favorite treats were the Milk Duds.....the nachos......and chocolate covered raisins.

Good Luck!!!

Cheryl (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I remember the first time I went to a drive in. My parents wouldn't let me date yet, so I spent the night with a friend who could. Her boyfriend and his friend picked us up and we went to the drive in and saw the Exorcist. It scared the ####### out of me. My parents never found out. :whistle:

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif