SteveLaura

Some General Questions About Your Perception Of Stuff

Some General Questions About Your Perception Of Stuff  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What if motorbikes were completely silent?

• I own a motorbike; the sound is DEFINITELY part of the appeal
    • I own a motorbike; it would make no difference to me if it were silent
    • I don't own a motorbike; I wouldn't buy one if they were silent
    • I don't own a motorbike; I would still buy one if they were silent
    • I don't own a motorbike & have no intention of doing so regardless of their noise or lack of
  2. 2. Which option best fits your opinion on Designer goods?

• I buy a lot of designer goods. I like people to know I can afford them
    • I buy a lot of designer goods. I think they are generally better quality
    • I buy fake designer goods. I want people to think I have the money to buy the real thing
    • There are a few designer brands I buy for reasons I shall possibly state below
    • I don't buy designer goods but I have no strong opinion about them
    • I don't buy designer goods but I have strong opinions why, as I may state below
  3. 3. From 2009, all new cars will look exactly the same.

• I would still buy a new car. It's a vehicle to get from A to B. I don't care what it looks like
    • I would still buy a new car but would accessorize it so that it stands out from everyone else's
    • I would buy old cars so that my car is different from other people's
    • I don't drive and/or have no intention of buying a car

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't own a motorbike; I would still buy one if they were silent - I love motorcycles. I don't buy one because I can't afford. Well, we could afford one but we have more necessary things to spend our money and a motorcycle would be considered a luxury.

There are a few designer brands I buy for reasons I shall possibly state below - well, I don't usually buy designer brands, it's very rare. But when it comes to buy something more expensive in a better brand that I know will last longer than the cheap version and it's affordable, I buy.

I would buy old cars so that my car is different from other people's - I absolutely hate having the same thing everybody else have. I would hate if I could only afford a Honda, for example.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Timeline

I don't own a motorbike & have no intention of doing so regardless of their noise or lack of

I don't buy designer goods but I have no strong opinion about them

I would still buy a new car. It's a vehicle to get from A to B. I don't care what it looks like

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I wouldn't buy a motorbike anyway. I notice, however, that the bikers where I live (Milwaukee - guess the bikes) seem to love to rev the bloody things and speed off in a 'look at me' kind of way (or, to be fair, my perception of it). I'm curious if the two-wheelers would be so attractive to these types if they made no head-turning noise at all.

I buy no designer goods, surprise surprise. I like looking at the prices of 'limited edition' sneakers, or Coach bags, or whatever is in at the moment and laughing at the people who pay over the top for mass-produced stuff. I honestly don't understand it.

I drive a Ford station-wagon, so obviously I don't care what my car looks like.

"It's not the years; it's the mileage." Indiana Jones

Timeline
What the heck? Do you work for some designer company looking to produce identical, silent, motorbikes? :unsure:

Have you been looking in my shed?

Timeline
Steve,

Stop trying to lure innocent VJ women into your shed, you old lech! :jest:

I'm 37. I'm not old.

Timeline

OK, so now we've established that I am still only slogging up the hill of middle age, can we get back to the topic in hand, hmm? That being: motorbikes and their noise; designer goods and the perceived attraction of; cars and their merited aesthetics. I thank you so much.

Timeline
No.

So what's it like being almost 40?

Are you planning to buy a silent motorbike with custom made accessories as part of your mid age crisis?

I'm not talking to you.