dbears

January filers VSC lottery, who gets the jackpot next?

1,582 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Im now waiting to hear if the embassy will release my visa based on my medical results.

Well they better!!!!!! The medical was clear, so there shouldn't be any problems!!!!!

What can I do if they dont?

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Congratulations!

Thanks :) I see you are getting closer -- you'll have Packet 4 & interview soon!!!!! Congratulations to the two of you as well!!!

Thank you!

Yes, I hope I will be able to fly at the beginning of August :)

Im now waiting to hear if the embassy will release my visa based on my medical results.

It shouldn't take too long. Do you have a way to contact them?

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

gaye, i know what you mean about family. Russell's family, who are all so wonderful, yet scattered a bit, own a couple of amazing properties right on the ocean in NZ and we even have a home to stay in there but he is coming here because of my family. We all still live within a couple of miles of each other and see each other regularly! I actually own the home my mother grew up in on the street named after my family, where many of them still live! We've been through a lot and as much as I love NZ, I can't imagine being away from them right now. Besides, i'm a HUGE sports fan and Boston is title town!!! ;)

Have a safe trip to see your family. I'm sure it will be tough for you all but we live in a world where we are connected to each other no matter where we are so happy thoughts along the way! ;) Thank you for the well wishes as well. Trying to be patient here!

Yes, Amanda, we want photos! Awwww your mom sounds so cute! Congratulations sweetie.

Sal, they better send your visa soon or I may just have to take a trip to London! :lol:

Happy Monday January!

timeline.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well today!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

My trip to visit my two sisters were shortened.. after 11hours of travel--BY BUS-- i received a text message from my kids school directress saying my son fell from a guava tree before the class started and they need to bring him to ER coz he might have broken bones.. and true enough he had fractured his lower arm and the ortho had to put a cast on his arms.

I received the message just as soon as my mother and I got off the bus so I just saw my sisters and then said goodbye right away then, head back to our place-- which meant i had anothe 11 hours of sitting in a bus.. it felt like I travelled 24hours straight, my butt ached from sitting. But all's well, my son was discharged from hospital yesterday and the doctor said he will remove the cast in 3weeks time.

Well, it was another huge expense (with more than half of the bill taken by the orthopedic doctor) but I am still thanking God coz at least it was only minor fracture and it was on the arm, not on the head. It could have been a lot worst.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

My trip to visit my two sisters were shortened.. after 11hours of travel--BY BUS-- i received a text message from my kids school directress saying my son fell from a guava tree before the class started and they need to bring him to ER coz he might have broken bones.. and true enough he had fractured his lower arm and the ortho had to put a cast on his arms.

I received the message just as soon as my mother and I got off the bus so I just saw my sisters and then said goodbye right away then, head back to our place-- which meant i had anothe 11 hours of sitting in a bus.. it felt like I travelled 24hours straight, my butt ached from sitting. But all's well, my son was discharged from hospital yesterday and the doctor said he will remove the cast in 3weeks time.

Well, it was another huge expense (with more than half of the bill taken by the orthopedic doctor) but I am still thanking God coz at least it was only minor fracture and it was on the arm, not on the head. It could have been a lot worst.

I'm glad that it was minor...praying for a quick mend!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

[quote name='dbears' date=

Timeline:

2-02-08: Honey arrived in Manila

2-04-08: travel down to my hometown, Zamboanga

2-07-08: Our Engagement day

2-27-08: 1129F sent to CSC

2-29-08: NOA1

3-02-08: first touch

7-11-08: 2nd touch- APPROVED!!!!

7-14-08: received email from CRIS that our petition has been approved July 11'08

7-16-08: received hardcopy of NOA2 in our mailbox

7-23-08 hard copy from NVC

7-28-08 paid delbros for DV

8-19-08 medical (LORD, pls. keep me physically fit)

8-27-08 Interview, got pink slip, praise God

9-05-08 received my visa, had my CFO the same day

9-06-08 flight to US, POE LAX

11-08-08 wedding day

11-12-08 ssn application under my husband's name

02-26-09 sent AOS packet to Chicago Lockbox thru USPS Express

02-27-09 recieved & signed by V.Bustamante

03-05-09 cashed check

03-09-09 AOS, EAD, AP received

03-12-09 Biometrics appointment notice recieved

03-28-09 sked for boimetrics, 2pm,done

04-13-09 received letter for initial interview sked 05-13-09

04-23-09 AP received

04-27-09 EAD received

05-13-09 passed GC interview, my status online says GC production ordered

05-19-09 Welcome letter received

06-24-09 Green Card receive

02-13-11 Lifting of Condition

02-09-11 ROC package sent

02-18-11 recieved NOA, waiting game

Timeline

Wow... I am so glad it is minor. How long will it take to heal?

Too bad you couldn't spend more time with your sister though... Next time tell you boy that when you're away, he's not allowed to climb on trees :P

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Wow... I am so glad it is minor. How long will it take to heal?

Too bad you couldn't spend more time with your sister though... Next time tell you boy that when you're away, he's not allowed to climb on trees :P

doctor said he will remove the cast in 3weeks so I hope it will be completely mended by then or before we go to the states...

I told my son he is not tarzan... and he is not superman either so he should always be careful in climbing and jumping from trees or big trucks... my father did not help when he narrated how i got my collar bone completely broken when i was little (too much climbing trees) :wacko:

as a mother, I am sometimes torn between being so protective and allowing my kids to enjoy their childhood to the fullest... climbing trees is one of those things that gives more joy to being a child... when i was a kid, no matter how many times i have fallen from the tree, i would still go up and climb again and again... so, i guess, no matter how much i want to prevent my own kids from climbing and falling, i will just have to take what happened as accident... i won't stop him from climbing another tree as long as it won't be a very very tall one.

I do want to protect my kids from getting hurt in anyway but of course they will never learn if I shelter them too much. GOSH, every mother out there could relate to how hard it is to strike the right balance between healthy protectiveness, being overly protective (which stunts kids emotional growth), and not being protective enough (which could endanger the kids life).

Such is the angst and joy of MOTHERHOOD.

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Oh no! I am glad your son only had a relatively minor injury but what a shame for you. Also, I am not a mother, but I can understand how hard it must be to strike that right balance. You sound like a wonderful mother, though!

I once did spend 23 hours on a bus and I detested it - so cramped and uncomfortable, and unable to rest at all!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Oh no! I am glad your son only had a relatively minor injury but what a shame for you. Also, I am not a mother, but I can understand how hard it must be to strike that right balance. You sound like a wonderful mother, though!

I once did spend 23 hours on a bus and I detested it - so cramped and uncomfortable, and unable to rest at all!

as ricky said, boys will be boys. :wacko:

thanks for the compliment rach. :thumbs:

Hope everybody is having a great day today.

ROC

N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am so out of my mind with WORRY !! My financee has sent in the Packet 3 information to the Embassy at the End of APRIL and he brought it in himself last week.....I called the dept of State telephone number and they say they dont see ANYTHING in their system saying he turned in ANY thing

What should we do now ????????//

Please help

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
I am so out of my mind with WORRY !! My financee has sent in the Packet 3 information to the Embassy at the End of APRIL and he brought it in himself last week.....I called the dept of State telephone number and they say they dont see ANYTHING in their system saying he turned in ANY thing

What should we do now ????????//

Please help

Was it sent with any kind of tracking? You may be able to find out where it is from that. Did you make a copy of the packet before mailing it in?? I would send in a copy and put in a note saying that the original was lost in the mail. Or contact the Consulate directly - maybe it's in the depths of the mail room still..

K1
January 14, 2008: I29F Sent
May 20, 2008: INTERVIEW!!! (127 days)
September 27, 2008: Liam Arrives USA (POE LAX)
November 7, 2008: Wedding smile.png

AOS/EAD/AP
February 4, 2009: AOS Packet Sent
March 4, 2009: Biometrics Appointment
March 5, 2009: Case Transferred to the CSC
April 6, 2009: EAD/AP/AOS Approved
April 15, 2009: Received GREEN CARD!!!

Removing Conditions
January 5, 2011: Mailed I-751
January 6, 2011: I-751 received and signed for
January 11, 2011: Check Cashed
January 7, 2011: NOA date
January 14, 2011: NOA Received
February 10, 2011: Called USCIS requesting update (beyond 30 day timeline for biometrics letter)
February 14, 2011: Biometrics letter received
March 9, 2011: Biometrics Appt
April 6, 2011: GC Expirtation Date
June 24, 2011: 10yr GC Approved!
June 30, 2011: Received Approval Letter
July 12, 2011: 10yr GC received in the mail

Naturalization

December 31, 2013: Mailed N-400

January 2, 2014: Application received by Dallas office

January 14, 2014: Biometrics Notification

January 27, 2014: Biometrics Appointment

February 4, 2014: Testing & Interview Case Status

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Gaye, just reading this about your son! Poor thing. I'm glad he's ok and on the mend. I hope your tushy is too! :lol: You are so right about motherhood! My son was just two when he broke his femur (largest bone in the body / thigh) and he had to go into a full body cast for 8 weeks! Now he's a real boy's boy...(hehehe it was purple and had a hole cut out for his tushy and diaper) but he simply tripped over a basketball and turned it wrong. So, it can happen even if they're not climbing trees. I'm with you tho... let them climb!... but never stop saying 'be careful'. :lol: Nothing is easy.

pattilou, I can't understand if you're saying he sent it in last week ...or in April. If it was April i'd send another packet to them with the note as Liam and Sam suggested. If you sent it just last week perhaps it's just not in the system yet? Best to see if you can get a response from the other London folks. Hope it all turns out. :)

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Gaye, just reading this about your son! Poor thing. I'm glad he's ok and on the mend. I hope your tushy is too! :lol: You are so right about motherhood! My son was just two when he broke his femur (largest bone in the body / thigh) and he had to go into a full body cast for 8 weeks! Now he's a real boy's boy...(hehehe it was purple and had a hole cut out for his tushy and diaper) but he simply tripped over a basketball and turned it wrong. So, it can happen even if they're not climbing trees. I'm with you tho... let them climb!... but never stop saying 'be careful'. :lol: Nothing is easy.

pattilou, I can't understand if you're saying he sent it in last week ...or in April. If it was April i'd send another packet to them with the note as Liam and Sam suggested. If you sent it just last week perhaps it's just not in the system yet? Best to see if you can get a response from the other London folks. Hope it all turns out. :)

Yes, it's not only when they climb trees. I had a friend in highschool who went to play basketball the day before the exams and he fell and broke his two wrists! He had to wait 4 more months to take the exams.

On another thread, pattilou said that they first sent packet3 back in April, and that last week her fiance brought another copy at the embassy. I would say that if he gave the packet to them directly, there shouldn't be a problem. They may have gotten it (obviously since your fiance gave it to them, from what you said) but it may take a while to update their system, and that's why the Department of State didn't see anything.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.