dbears

January filers VSC lottery, who gets the jackpot next?

1,582 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Wooooohoooo ... unexpectedly, after not really checking today ... check my email 10 minutes ago, and we had our approval. We are both sitting here a little bit stunned ... almost in disbelief.

Thanks to all of you for continuous support & friendship, this place has made the waiting a little easier :)

Here's hoping everyone who is still waiting gets theirs very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :thumbs:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Well... tomorrow may be the day. The day I finally tell my parents that he's applied for a visa to move here permanently, so we can get married. :(<--should be a happy face, but it's not

My parents have always been suspicious of him because of the way me met (online). Even after spending time with him during his past visits. And because it hasn't been too long after my divorce, I know they will think it's scandalous.

Here is the worse part... our original plan was to tell them together in April, after the NOA2 came through and all. But because I was passed over for that promotion in work and can't count alimony as income, now I need to ask my parents to co-sponsor him. And I need to ask them soon so they can get their I-134's done asap. :o

It's so sad. This is supposed to be such a happy announcement, not one full of anxiety and dread. crazy.gif<-- how I feel inside

I really just want them to be happy for us, but instead I fully expect a lecture. Or worse.

But all I can do is throw it out there and hope for the best, right? Maybe (hopefully) I'll be pleasantly surprised.

And if tomorrow isn't the day, then it will definitely be on Easter.

Just wanted to tell you Good Luck :)

You probably already know how to tell them, but in case you have no idea how to do it, I think you should start by telling them how much you love him (you can even give them examples of what you love in him) and that it is why you have decided to apply for this visa. Then you explain how you had planned everything: he should be there around June (just an example...), then you will get married and apply for AOS, explain them what it is.

Maybe it's better to wait until they fully accept the fact that you're going to married. and then a little later (might be an hour later or a week later) tell them that there is one problem with that visa: the sponsorship. that it didn't turn out the way you and him had planned it and that it's why you hope they can help you.

Yeah I think it's better not to overload them into all this new information. just the fact that you are getting married again is going to be big news for them.

I hope everything will work out the best for you ;)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Good luck, psiprez! Hopefully by announcing your engagement your parents will see that you really are truly serious and will be willing to support you.

Do you have a copy of your petition to maybe show them? I don't know if it would work for you, but I know my dad was very dubious about my marrying Alex until I showed him the petition and how much work we'd done on it. When it was presented to him in that way and he saw our letters and the filing fees he realised that I must obviously truly love Alex if I was willing to go to such lengths to be with him.

Wishing you all the best! :star:

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Good luck, psiprez! Hopefully by announcing your engagement your parents will see that you really are truly serious and will be willing to support you.

Do you have a copy of your petition to maybe show them? I don't know if it would work for you, but I know my dad was very dubious about my marrying Alex until I showed him the petition and how much work we'd done on it. When it was presented to him in that way and he saw our letters and the filing fees he realised that I must obviously truly love Alex if I was willing to go to such lengths to be with him.

Wishing you all the best! :star:

My mum is still pitching a hissy fit about me leaving. but my dad i cool about it - whatever makes me happy. They've both met Toby, and like him.......

I think ultimately it takes some getting used to for parents, especially when it's not the 'norm', but i'm sure it'll all work out ok :) Chin up...

Rachel/Alex.....How's it going?

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

All's good, thank you :thumbs:

Still panicking a little bit about money, as always! I'm slowly defeating my credit card (£500 left on it, now) but after that's paid off I still need to find the money for everything else - plane ticket, train tickets to London, visa/medical costs...

I'm quite unusual in that my mother doesn't mind me leaving at all - it's my dad who minds! Although my parents have always maintained traditional roles and my mother is very motherly, she has this way of dealing with her children whereby when we're at home we're reduced to being 18 years old again, but when we're away from home she says she doesn't particularly miss us and while she's always delighted to receive the weekly or monthly phonecall she doesn't go to great lengths to maintain contact with us. I think still having a couple of children at home means she doesn't miss the older ones quite so much - I imagine that when all her children have fled the roost that she'll feel differently.

Also, although she can't fly (although she's having that checked out) and hasn't explored a great deal of the world, she finds it quite exciting when her children travel/move to different countries. Whereas my dad is a homebody at heart - after he had graduated from university he only looked for jobs in his hometown. A lot of his family are happy to live very close together and I think he's a little bit baffled as to why his children don't feel the same way.

There - I'm rambling again. :P Sorry, all!

How are you doing, Saffyre? I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm hoping you receive your NoA2 any day, now!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
All's good, thank you :thumbs:

Still panicking a little bit about money, as always! I'm slowly defeating my credit card (£500 left on it, now) but after that's paid off I still need to find the money for everything else - plane ticket, train tickets to London, visa/medical costs...

I'm quite unusual in that my mother doesn't mind me leaving at all - it's my dad who minds! Although my parents have always maintained traditional roles and my mother is very motherly, she has this way of dealing with her children whereby when we're at home we're reduced to being 18 years old again, but when we're away from home she says she doesn't particularly miss us and while she's always delighted to receive the weekly or monthly phonecall she doesn't go to great lengths to maintain contact with us. I think still having a couple of children at home means she doesn't miss the older ones quite so much - I imagine that when all her children have fled the roost that she'll feel differently.

Also, although she can't fly (although she's having that checked out) and hasn't explored a great deal of the world, she finds it quite exciting when her children travel/move to different countries. Whereas my dad is a homebody at heart - after he had graduated from university he only looked for jobs in his hometown. A lot of his family are happy to live very close together and I think he's a little bit baffled as to why his children don't feel the same way.

There - I'm rambling again. :P Sorry, all!

How are you doing, Saffyre? I am still keeping my fingers crossed for you! I'm hoping you receive your NoA2 any day, now!

The 'not being able to fly' thing is the reason my mum is so bent out of shape. She's petrified of flying and says she wont be able to come to the wedding and started talking about never seeing her grandchildren etc. I started twitching and told her she was jumping the gun just a little!

I'm doing ok - I am hoping for my NOA2 but i'm trying to accept that i'm probably just going to be one of those people who doesn't get a fast approval. It'll happen when it happens, and as much as it bugs me, there's nothing I can do about it. Except try and stay busy and avoid checking the USCIS website!

Any fun Easter plans?

29th July 2008 - POE

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

If my mother can't fly she said she'd do her best to attend by boat/train - although I hope that doesn't happen because it'd be an awfully long journey. And I think many mothers' minds jump to 'children' when they hear talk of 'marriage' - I've tried to explain that it won't be happening for a couple of years yet!

You may not have a super-fast approval but so far you're within the average timeline for VSC - hopefully it won't be delayed beyond that! Keeping busy is a very, very good tactic though.

I'm down in London on the Saturday night for my dad's birthday - having a meal, tour and concert at the Royal Albert Hall and then sharing a hotel room with my sisters. Should be good fun! :thumbs:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
If my mother can't fly she said she'd do her best to attend by boat/train - although I hope that doesn't happen because it'd be an awfully long journey. And I think many mothers' minds jump to 'children' when they hear talk of 'marriage' - I've tried to explain that it won't be happening for a couple of years yet!

You may not have a super-fast approval but so far you're within the average timeline for VSC - hopefully it won't be delayed beyond that! Keeping busy is a very, very good tactic though.

I'm down in London on the Saturday night for my dad's birthday - having a meal, tour and concert at the Royal Albert Hall and then sharing a hotel room with my sisters. Should be good fun! :thumbs:

Yep - my 60 days will be up on April 7th, and I think that seems to be the current average. I can live with that, especially since the US Embassy in London appears to have picked up speed with their interviews!

Sounds like a fun weekend anyway - i'm just going to hang out with friends as much as possible...and maybe get a little bit of cleaning done :-P

29th July 2008 - POE

Timeline

Good morning all :)

I see that everybody are preparing a nice weekend! that's great.

Please cross your fingers for me. I worry a bit about the POE saturday, i will land in JFK, it will be my first time at that POE so, it makes me more afraid.

Can't wait to be in Richard arms. 2 weeks together will help for the long k1 wait.

Kisses

Yoko

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Timeline

Good morning all :)

I see that everybody are preparing a nice weekend! that's great.

Please cross your fingers for me. I worry a bit about the POE saturday, i will land in JFK, it will be my first time at that POE so, it makes me more afraid.

Can't wait to be in Richard arms. 2 weeks together will help for the long k1 wait.

Kisses

Yoko

We'll keep fingers crossed for you, but you'll be fine! Just make sure youhave your docs with you and don't offer any information to them unnecessarily! Have Fun!

29th July 2008 - POE

Timeline

Have a nice trip MissYoko! I'm sure everything will be fine :)

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

We'll keep fingers crossed for you, but you'll be fine! Just make sure you have your docs with you and don't offer any information to them unnecessarily! Have Fun!

Yes - this is key!

Good luck, Miss Yoko. I, too, am sure you'll be fine - but I know how nerve-wracking arriving at US immigrations can be, so if you're like me you'll worry no matter what anyone says!

Oh - and have an amazing two weeks. It really will help the process!

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
We'll keep fingers crossed for you, but you'll be fine! Just make sure you have your docs with you and don't offer any information to them unnecessarily! Have Fun!

Yes - this is key!

Good luck, Miss Yoko. I, too, am sure you'll be fine - but I know how nerve-wracking arriving at US immigrations can be, so if you're like me you'll worry no matter what anyone says!

Oh - and have an amazing two weeks. It really will help the process!

Yeah i got myself twisted in knots and it was easy peasy!

29th July 2008 - POE

I usually say I am 'visiting friends', which is true, because Alex isn't usually the only person I see - both times I have visited we've also met up with other people online even if that is not my primary purpose for visiting. Plus I am 'friends' with his parents. ;)

They ask how I met them (online) and whether I've met them before (yes) and then I'm usually through. :thumbs:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

I will definitely let my parents see all that is involved with filing for and obtaining a K-1 Visa!

*goes to put duplicate of petition in bag*

I like to think the fact that my fiance will have been checked out by Homeland Security, the US State Dept, the FBI, USCIS, the US Embassy in London and Scotland Yard will help easy my dad's fears that I'm involved with a potential internet-stalking-green-card-scamming-human-trafficking-serial-killing-pedophile.

(Not that all of those checks are meant to be a guarantee of safety. But then I could go down to the local pub nightly and pick up some complete stranger, and be in oodles more danger. That's how I put it my parents when I first let on about our relationship, and it worked then.)

And thank you for everyone for your kind support! You have no idea how much it helps.

I read a quote this morning... "Life is definitely not fair, but it's well worth doing the hard work of living."

That sums up our entire relationship. Nothing has been easy or handed to us, but our love makes it all worthwhile. This is just one more challenge to be conquered. ;)

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.