dbears

January filers VSC lottery, who gets the jackpot next?

1,582 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Constant dieting, huh? About 10 years ago I lost close to 200 pounds. Getting2Goal <--- my personal web site. It's almost 10 years old now too! ;)

I guess what you do with your time depends very much on what you like. Exercise is very therapudic to me now and I think I do it more to keep my sanity than to lose weight! Maybe a new physical activity like hiking or swimming? Some people like crafts too... maybe scrapbooking or it's not even too early to think about Christmas ideas. I love photography so taking pictures and working in photoshop is fun for me. Because I work for myself and have to communicate with Russ via the internet, i'm always on the computer my free time is often spent as far away from the computer as possible! There aren't enough hours in the day for me to get done what I need to so i'm rarely looking for things to do. Another job should help you to stay busy. Tending bar should be fun for you! My mom(57) is retired but tends bar for fun and loves it!

:thumbs:

Thats an amazing achievement well done.

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Constant dieting, huh? About 10 years ago I lost close to 200 pounds. Getting2Goal <--- my personal web site. It's almost 10 years old now too! ;)

I guess what you do with your time depends very much on what you like. Exercise is very therapudic to me now and I think I do it more to keep my sanity than to lose weight! Maybe a new physical activity like hiking or swimming? Some people like crafts too... maybe scrapbooking or it's not even too early to think about Christmas ideas. I love photography so taking pictures and working in photoshop is fun for me. Because I work for myself and have to communicate with Russ via the internet, i'm always on the computer my free time is often spent as far away from the computer as possible! There aren't enough hours in the day for me to get done what I need to so i'm rarely looking for things to do. Another job should help you to stay busy. Tending bar should be fun for you! My mom(57) is retired but tends bar for fun and loves it!

Absolutely amazing...my total weight loss (after losing this last 50) will only be 130...

You are a true inspiration!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Absolutely amazing...my total weight loss (after losing this last 50) will only be 130...

My total loss to date is 70 pounds and I want to lose another 40. It is inspirational to see those who have done so well

5th February 2008 - I-129F forms sent for K1 visa (VSC)

26th March 2008 - NOA2 recieved via email

19th May 2008 - Interview............APPROVED!!!!!!

21st May 2008 - Visa in hand

29th July 2008 - POE

2nd September 2008 - Married

19th September - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago lockbox

25th September - Check cashed $1010.00 (OUCH!!)

29th September - Received NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP

13th October - AOS Petition transferred to CSC!!!

17th October - Biometrics (Tampa Office)

17th October - AOS/EAD Touched

20th October - AOS Touched

21st October - AOS Touched

6th November - AOS/EAD/AP Touched (probably due to change of address)

10th December - EAD approved

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

I've lost about 30ish.. want to loose another 25 if i can.. but need to get back to the gym.. blasted divorce etc killed my time to go for a bit LOL

My total loss to date is 70 pounds and I want to lose another 40. It is inspirational to see those who have done so well

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

"only" 130... What the heck :)

I would jump up and down if I could lose even 50. So far I've lost close to 30..but.... I was bad this week so maybe 28 now :)

Congratulations though. That's a huge accomplishment. How many sizes did u go down?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

I've went down from a US size 26-28 to a 14-16....

"only" 130... What the heck :)

I would jump up and down if I could lose even 50. So far I've lost close to 30..but.... I was bad this week so maybe 28 now :)

Congratulations though. That's a huge accomplishment. How many sizes did u go down?

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Good morning VSC Januarians and visitors!!!

Dawn

March 2007 - Met online

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Wow, what a fantastic achievement, Kim!

You look fabulous!

Your tips are really good, too...especially about not skipping breakfast/lunch (skipping breakfast was my downfall in my teens - how I wish I hadn't done it) and drinking plenty of water and staying positive - three things a lot of people forget to do. I love seeing sensible weight loss!

Thank you. I appreciate it. I still struggle with the fact that I need to eat in order to lose. My mother, who is also on the site as a success story, tells everyone how I never eat but still gain weight. It's a hard lesson to learn. Water is just part of my life now. If I have it with me, I drink it. It's that simple. Thanks again.

You deserve awsome congrats for what you've achieved, and for keeping it off all these years! I read the flyer there about your brother, too. I hope you've since received good news in regards to him. VJers always say how tough you need to be to survive the visa process, and after all you've already gone through, I'd say you fit the bill.

I've been through a lot myself, and by comparison 'just waiting' isn't all that hard. But getting a part-time job is what has made the days fly by the quickest.

Thank you for your kind words psiprez and especially for taking the time to view my brother's flyer. Unfortunately, it's been 5 years now and still no word of his whereabouts. He is an absoultely beautiful man, a harvard graduate...has(d) so much going for him. But he suffers from depression and was on the opposite coast from his large close family here in MA and just feeling lost. We were extremely close but he felt as though his illness was a burden. :( We still hold much hope that he will come home to us someday soon. I've started a book about his life so hopefully that will help.

our father passed away in 1999 at just 51 of a massive heart attack. My xhusband and I found him and tried to bring him back. He died instantly. This is a man who ran 12 miles a day and worked out as well. So it was a huge shock to our family...especially hard on my brother.

In 1994, I lost a child who was born with a congenital heart defect. Anything else this life brings me will pale in comparison to that pain.

This is a difficult process. The worst part being the distance from the ones we love so much while other people are in control of our destiny. But it is what it is. Life is always going to hand you difficulties... getting through them, learning from them, it all makes you stronger. It makes you treasure what is truly important. This process, if you let it, will help teach you to never take each other for granted and to cherish your love even more.

Thank you. :)

Thank you. So, you've lost 70 pounds already? Good for you!!! I thought your pictures looked much different. ;) You should send me your before/now/after pictures for our success stories and perhaps join us on the getting2goal message board. ;) It really does help keep you accountable and the people there are just awesome. Congratulations to you...keep it up!

Wow Saffyre, 70 pounds is great! I think you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for! Congratulations!

When you're as big as I was you just find the biggest, stretchiest clothes you can find. I think that 'before' shirt & pants was a 30/32 but extremly stretchy and I never would have fit into jeans that size at my heaviest weight so I really don't know. My lowest is about a size 12 jeans. I'm still a DD cup up top so I tend to wear bigger shirts. ;)

Good morning greeneyedgirl :)

Was hoping to see more approvals from VSC this week although it was nice to see CSC catching up a bit! Good luck to you all this week. I hope some hard working adjuticator has taken all your files home to approve and that you'll have your notices early next week! :) Have a good day folks and thanks again for the kind words.

timeline.jpg

Timeline
Wow, what a fantastic achievement, Kim!

You look fabulous!

Your tips are really good, too...especially about not skipping breakfast/lunch (skipping breakfast was my downfall in my teens - how I wish I hadn't done it) and drinking plenty of water and staying positive - three things a lot of people forget to do. I love seeing sensible weight loss!

Thank you. I appreciate it. I still struggle with the fact that I need to eat in order to lose. My mother, who is also on the site as a success story, tells everyone how I never eat but still gain weight. It's a hard lesson to learn. Water is just part of my life now. If I have it with me, I drink it. It's that simple. Thanks again.

You deserve awsome congrats for what you've achieved, and for keeping it off all these years! I read the flyer there about your brother, too. I hope you've since received good news in regards to him. VJers always say how tough you need to be to survive the visa process, and after all you've already gone through, I'd say you fit the bill.

I've been through a lot myself, and by comparison 'just waiting' isn't all that hard. But getting a part-time job is what has made the days fly by the quickest.

Thank you for your kind words psiprez and especially for taking the time to view my brother's flyer. Unfortunately, it's been 5 years now and still no word of his whereabouts. He is an absoultely beautiful man, a harvard graduate...has(d) so much going for him. But he suffers from depression and was on the opposite coast from his large close family here in MA and just feeling lost. We were extremely close but he felt as though his illness was a burden. :( We still hold much hope that he will come home to us someday soon. I've started a book about his life so hopefully that will help.

our father passed away in 1999 at just 51 of a massive heart attack. My xhusband and I found him and tried to bring him back. He died instantly. This is a man who ran 12 miles a day and worked out as well. So it was a huge shock to our family...especially hard on my brother.

In 1994, I lost a child who was born with a congenital heart defect. Anything else this life brings me will pale in comparison to that pain.

This is a difficult process. The worst part being the distance from the ones we love so much while other people are in control of our destiny. But it is what it is. Life is always going to hand you difficulties... getting through them, learning from them, it all makes you stronger. It makes you treasure what is truly important. This process, if you let it, will help teach you to never take each other for granted and to cherish your love even more.

Thank you. :)

Thank you. So, you've lost 70 pounds already? Good for you!!! I thought your pictures looked much different. ;) You should send me your before/now/after pictures for our success stories and perhaps join us on the getting2goal message board. ;) It really does help keep you accountable and the people there are just awesome. Congratulations to you...keep it up!

Wow Saffyre, 70 pounds is great! I think you are much stronger than you give yourself credit for! Congratulations!

When you're as big as I was you just find the biggest, stretchiest clothes you can find. I think that 'before' shirt & pants was a 30/32 but extremly stretchy and I never would have fit into jeans that size at my heaviest weight so I really don't know. My lowest is about a size 12 jeans. I'm still a DD cup up top so I tend to wear bigger shirts. ;)

Good morning greeneyedgirl :)

Was hoping to see more approvals from VSC this week although it was nice to see CSC catching up a bit! Good luck to you all this week. I hope some hard working adjuticator has taken all your files home to approve and that you'll have your notices early next week! :) Have a good day folks and thanks again for the kind words.

Yeah it's hard work watching what you eat all the time - but it feels good to buy the clothes I like!

29th July 2008 - POE

28th January 2009 - GC approved without interview. Done with all this till 2011!!!!!!!!

6 hrs to goooooo :) i'm so excited i just can't hide it!!! :P How are you all on this lovely day. my stomach is in knots and i'm anxious!

~K1 Visa~

1/3/08~Sent I-129F to VSC

1/7/08~I-129F arrived at VSC

1/14/08~Packet sent back to me because they lost my check :(

1/18/08~Sent I-129F packet to VSC again with another check!

1/22/08~I-129F arrived at VSC again! :P

1/24/08~NOA1

2/1/08~Touch

2/24/08~Touch!

2/29/08~NOA2 wooo!

3/17/08~Packet 3 arrives

4/8/08~Packet 3 sent

4/24/08~Paul's Medical *good luck*

5/5/08~Packet 4 arrives

6/6/08~Paul's interview! APPROVED

6/18/08~US entry

7/2/08~Wedding

~AOS~

7/24/08~AOS forms sent out

7/26/08~AOS packet arrived at Chicago lock box

8/4/08~AOS and EAD NOA1 received

8/11/08~received biometrics

8/22/08~Biometrics appt.

9/23/08~RFE

9/25/08~RFE & info sent back

10/2/08~Case resumed

10/8/08~Transfered to CSC

10/15/08~Case received/pending

10/16/08~Touch, hope good news is on the way!

11/20/08~EAD card production ordered

12/2/08~EAD card received!

12/19/08~AOS Touched!

12/21/08~AOS Touched -on a sunday :o

1/16/09~AOS touch for the RFE we will be getting :/

2/2/09~Sent Back RFE request for w2's

2/12/09~RFE received at CSC, case resumed

2/17/09~Another RFE being sent our way! great.....

2/20/09~RFE was b/c they lost his medical records! :/

3/4/08~Sent back RFE

3/11/08~RFE received at CSC

3/30/09~Welcome letter!

4/4/09~GC received

spring2.gif

Timeline
6 hrs to goooooo :) i'm so excited i just can't hide it!!! :P How are you all on this lovely day. my stomach is in knots and i'm anxious!

What did I miss? 6 hours till what?

29th July 2008 - POE

his visit:):) I have had anxiety all week it's been worse than usual!

~K1 Visa~

1/3/08~Sent I-129F to VSC

1/7/08~I-129F arrived at VSC

1/14/08~Packet sent back to me because they lost my check :(

1/18/08~Sent I-129F packet to VSC again with another check!

1/22/08~I-129F arrived at VSC again! :P

1/24/08~NOA1

2/1/08~Touch

2/24/08~Touch!

2/29/08~NOA2 wooo!

3/17/08~Packet 3 arrives

4/8/08~Packet 3 sent

4/24/08~Paul's Medical *good luck*

5/5/08~Packet 4 arrives

6/6/08~Paul's interview! APPROVED

6/18/08~US entry

7/2/08~Wedding

~AOS~

7/24/08~AOS forms sent out

7/26/08~AOS packet arrived at Chicago lock box

8/4/08~AOS and EAD NOA1 received

8/11/08~received biometrics

8/22/08~Biometrics appt.

9/23/08~RFE

9/25/08~RFE & info sent back

10/2/08~Case resumed

10/8/08~Transfered to CSC

10/15/08~Case received/pending

10/16/08~Touch, hope good news is on the way!

11/20/08~EAD card production ordered

12/2/08~EAD card received!

12/19/08~AOS Touched!

12/21/08~AOS Touched -on a sunday :o

1/16/09~AOS touch for the RFE we will be getting :/

2/2/09~Sent Back RFE request for w2's

2/12/09~RFE received at CSC, case resumed

2/17/09~Another RFE being sent our way! great.....

2/20/09~RFE was b/c they lost his medical records! :/

3/4/08~Sent back RFE

3/11/08~RFE received at CSC

3/30/09~Welcome letter!

4/4/09~GC received

spring2.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Have fun!

Happy flying and good luck!

his visit:):) I have had anxiety all week it's been worse than usual!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

01-04-2008 - I-129F Sent

01-09-2008 - I-129F NOA1

03-05-2008 - I-129F NOA2

04-08-2008 - Medical Exam

04-17-2008 - Interview!!!

04-22-2008 - VISA IN HAND!

05-02-2008 - U.S. Entrance

06-14-2008 - MARRIAGE!

Phase 2....

06-19-2008 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06-26-2008 - AOS/EAD/AP NOA1

07-19-2008 - Biometrics

07-22-2008 - Transferred to CSC!

07-28-2008 - Email from CRIS confirming CSC received case

08-25-2008 - Received AP in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

08-29-2008 - Received EAD card in the mail (NO STATUS CHANGE OR CRIS EMAIL)

09-22-2008 - Received Email from CRIS for I-485 "CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!"

09-27-2008 - Received Green Card in the mail!

Phase 3....

06-29-2010 - Sent I-751 and package to Remove Conditions

07-06-2010 - NOA1

08-24-2010 - Biometrics

I'm so excited... we got an RFE!! For something super easy and simple!! :dance:

WHY am I so excited? Because it means that an approval is hopefully right around the corner. :)

What they are asking for is related to my previous marriage, as I would have guessed. They are asking for more proof that I had changed my name from my maiden name to my ex's when we got married (I haven't switched back).

So what they are asking for is:

1. Another copy of my birth certificate.

2. Another copy of my marriage certificate.

3. A copy of my old passport, which was issued in my maiden name. You'd think their system would show that I was issued a new passport in my married name, but I guess not.

I could also send copies of my old and new SS cards. Can't hurt!

Maybe my birth certificate looks a bit shady to them. You see, the computerized county records where I was born here in NJ were hacked and thousands of identities were stolen a few years ago. So the State of NJ declared all birth certificates ever issued in that county to be invalid. I had to go through the State of NJ to get a "new" birth certificate issued, and it looks much different from other birth certificates in NJ.

Either way, it will all be in the mail at 8:30am Monday!

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.