lovelylili

Biometrics tomorrow what to expect?

7 posts in this topic

What is the biometrics appointment like? What if anything besides I.D. and letter of notice should we provide or have available.

Also, could someone elaborate on two confusing terms that are used here on this forum.

1- "transfer" or "waiting on transfer" what is this all about? Maybe it is something I should prepare for further down the line.

2- "touched" what does this term mean? How soon should one expect this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help. Kind regards- Pachyderm

What is the biometrics appointment like? What if anything besides I.D. and letter of notice should we provide or have available.

Also, could someone elaborate on two confusing terms that are used here on this forum.

1- "transfer" or "waiting on transfer" what is this all about? Maybe it is something I should prepare for further down the line.

Hi! :)

They simply gonna get your finger printing and photo. The only basic two things you need to bring is your ID and letter of notice.

1 - I think it means that your application will be transfer to CSC and mostly those being transfered need not have an interview.

2 - "touched" means your documents have been attended/process along the line. You'll know as soon as you check your status online and they might send you an email.

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

Filed: Timeline

Biometrics tips:

1. Don't wear hand creme.
  2. Look pretty for your picture. (Unless you're a guy. If that's the case.... look handsome.)
  3. Bring your marriage certificate if you are female and you are now going by your married name.
  4. No cell phones, etc etc.
Biometrics Process:

1. Present your ID and letter to gatekeeper.
  2. Fill in form.
  3. Wait to be called.
  4. Hand in form and letter.
  5. Letter will be stamped and given back to you.
  6. Get each finger scanned at terminal.
  7. Get picture taken.
  8. Leave.
On VJ, a transfer is when your application is forwarded to California and you (in most cases) get approved without an interview.

A touch is when they have done something with your file. Timeframes are different for everyone.

Now, even though no one had responded to you while I was writing this little novella, I'm sure by the time I've finished and hit the submit button I will be something like the 5th poster saying the same old thing and everyone will wonder why I bothered to repeat what everyone else was saying. Ahh, well. Whatcha gonna do? post-21394-1204246436.gif

iagree.gif

They simply gonna get your finger printing and photo. The only basic two things you need to bring is your ID and letter of notice.

1 - I think it means that your application will be transfer to CSC and mostly those being transfered need not have an interview.

2 - "touched" means your documents have been attended/process along the line. You'll know as soon as you check your status online and they might send you an email.

Thanks for the reply. I take it you have accomplished Biometrics, may I ask how long it took there for the appointment?

I sent my package off to Chicago as well, so what I gather from your description of "transfer" is that once the initial hurdles in Chicago are crossed, then possibly it is "transfered" to a local office where you will perform the interview? Is that it?

How will I know when the documents have been "touched" I understand I will check them online, but what am I took look for? I have only noticed that the dates have changed so far, would that qualify? Thanks again for your reply- Mahlo

Biometrics tips:
  1. Don't wear hand creme.
  2. Look pretty for your picture. (Unless you're a guy. If that's the case.... look handsome.)
  3. Bring your marriage certificate if you are female and you are now going by your married name.
  4. No cell phones, etc etc.
Biometrics Process:
  1. Present your ID and letter to gatekeeper.
  2. Fill in form.
  3. Wait to be called.
  4. Hand in form and letter.
  5. Letter will be stamped and given back to you.
  6. Get each finger scanned at terminal.
  7. Get picture taken.
  8. Leave.
On VJ, a transfer is when your application is forwarded to California and you (in most cases) get approved without an interview.

A touch is when they have done something with your file. Timeframes are different for everyone.

Now, even though no one had responded to you while I was writing this little novella, I'm sure by the time I've finished and hit the submit button I will be something like the 5th poster saying the same old thing and everyone will wonder why I bothered to repeat what everyone else was saying. Ahh, well. Whatcha gonna do? post-21394-1204246436.gif

No matter what everyone else does, the point is you took the time, and for that I thank you. Cheers!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I take it you have accomplished Biometrics, may I ask how long it took there for the appointment? Mine took 15-20 minutes.

How will I know when the documents have been "touched" I understand I will check them online, but what am I took look for? I have only noticed that the dates have changed so far, would that qualify? You'll see a "last updated" (or something to that effect) date when you log in to check your status. That's a touch.

iagree.gif

Thanks for the reply. I take it you have accomplished Biometrics, may I ask how long it took there for the appointment?

I sent my package off to Chicago as well, so what I gather from your description of "transfer" is that once the initial hurdles in Chicago are crossed, then possibly it is "transfered" to a local office where you will perform the interview? Is that it?

How will I know when the documents have been "touched" I understand I will check them online, but what am I took look for? I have only noticed that the dates have changed so far, would that qualify? Thanks again for your reply- Mahlo

It depends how many persons are waiting on the line when you arrive there. You'll be presenting your ID and letter of notice, then they will let you fill-up a form for some info.

After done with the form you'll need to wait for your to be called. I think we just took about 20 minutes or so, probably maximum 30 minutes.

Possibly, however we cannot assume on how they gonna process it.

If you have an account online (USCIS) they can send you an email once you request for it. Or manually enter your receipt number online to check if you've been touched. Better make your own porfolio and add your case to your porfolio. You'll be able to see from there the date they last updated it. Meaning you've been touched ;)

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.