2,548 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Okay, Seattle...it's been two weeks today since the interview, I'd like my approval update please!

Yeah. C'mon Seattle.

To be fair to them, they ordered my card 2 weeks from my interview, but the online update was not posted until the Monday following. And the letters? They were dated the 29th I think, 2 days before the card ordered date.

If it doesn't update today, I'd think Monday will be your day! :thumbs:

I remember you said the update wasn't posted until Monday..I'm just a bit impatient I guess. Too many things to think about lately and this process is something I'd like to be done with for a while. Thanks for your support/encouragement..it's greatly appreciated :)

I'm just as impatient. I wait for the mail every day. Hoping the GC will be there. And every day I say 'maybe tomorrow?'

:thumbs:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Whoo-hooo!!!!!!!

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 13, 2008, we ordered production of your new card.

It's finally happened!! I've checked the website at least a dozen times today - as I do everyday - and finally a change! I was beginning to think that our IO in Seattle had taken an early holiday vacation and just left our file sitting there on her desk!

I'll still be hanging out at the mailbox waiting for the card (actually, with my work schedule I don't really hang out there at 4:30 am...lol) There's finally a light at the end of the tunnel...and actually light in the sky today, too. The rain has stopped!

Thanks to everyone for their encouragement and support, it means a lot!

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
Whoo-hooo!!!!!!!

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

It's finally happened!! I've checked the website at least a dozen times today - as I do everyday - and finally a change! I was beginning to think that our IO in Seattle had taken an early holiday vacation and just left our file sitting there on her desk!

I'll still be hanging out at the mailbox waiting for the card (actually, with my work schedule I don't really hang out there at 4:30 am...lol) There's finally a light at the end of the tunnel...and actually light in the sky today, too. The rain has stopped!

Sandi---AT LAST!!!! Congratulations

9/5/2004 met

7/4/2006 visited for 1 week in Russia (Independence Day!)

12/26/06 three week visit in the U.S.

4/6/07 He came to US for 6 glorious weeks

5/20/07 He returned to Ufa, RU

5/24/07 Mailed I-129F to NSC!!!!!

5/25/07 Received and signed for by F Heinauer, NSC

6/11/07 NOA1 (NEVER received hard copy)

8/23/07 Ramzis comes to America for another visit

10/02/07 Ramzis returns to Russia

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

12/17/07 Received at NVC (at last!)

12/18/07 Sent to Moscow Embassy & New NVC Case Number

12/21/07 Received at 11:08 a.m. Moscow Embassy

1/25/08 Received packet from Embassy

03/07/08 Interview 8:00 a.m. Moscow Embassy! VISA APPROVED!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

03/14/08 Flying to U.S. - Detroit POE

03/15/08 Our Wedding Day!

AOS Timeline

3/21/08 - Packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

3/24/08 - Packet received and signed for

3/28/08 - NOA1 received in the mail - EAD & AOS - check cashed

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

6/2/08 - EAD card ordered (CRIS email)

6/5/08 - EAD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

6/12/08 - Permanent Resident APPROVAL! Green Card on the Way!

6/23/08 - Green Card Received!!!

3/18/10 - Filed I-751 to have conditions removed

4/16/10 - Biometrics

6/3/10 - Permanent Green Card Received!

Whoo-hooo!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! Now it is time to relax for awhile :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to let everyone in on the info from our interview thismorning. It was scheduled for 10:00am in Mount Laurel, New Jersey which none of you have probably ever hear of but its about 10 minutes outside of Philadelphia. We went inside at about 9:40 and were careful not to bring in anything we'd have to put back in the car like cell phones or cameras. It was seriously packed and I was like man this is going to take forever, but they called us after only about 10 minutes so I guess they actually took us early.

The woman was nice, and had an accent but I couldnt place it. She swore us in which was awkward because she didnt tell us how to answer so we're both like "..yes?" She asked so see our passports and driver's licenses. Then she said "so how did you guys meet?" and "how long was it before you actually met in person?" Then she asked us "so how do you guys feel the marriage is going right now?" We told her we were having a lot of fun and that we enjoyed going on trips and were looking forward to getting our own apartment and doing lots of travelling together. Then she commented that just thismorning a man had come to his interview crying that his US Citizen wife had been using him and all of the money in his bank account was gone. She said a lot of times we don't even have to ask people, they come to us to tell us the marriage ended up being a joke. She asked us about work and where I went to school and what my major was. She also asked if I had any internships so I told her about the one I had over the summer. She was really sweet and was basically making conversation and commenting on how we didnt have kids so we had a lot of time to enjoy ourselves. I could sense early on that she was very happy with our answers and she kept on talking about the future as if we should see that everything would be okay and he would be staying. Finally, she asked me "what do you have for me to take from you that I can keep in your file?" I gave her a bank statement, insurance statement, gym membership contract, hotel receipt from a vacation, wedding pictures, an affidavit from my father, and copies of greeting cards. She was happy to take anything I gave her, she didnt refuse anything and she secured it in our file.

So she turns to her computer and says "Okay so I am approving your case in the computer, and you should have your green card in the mail in no more than a month but probably sooner" As she was doing that she asked a random question about any pets in the house so we told her about my parents Jack Russell Terrier, Trevor. Thennnn I was so surprised but she actually gave him the passport stamp so that he is free to work and travel immediately.

So overall, super easy, super nice, super efficient and super approved!

Yaayyyy!!!! E-merce! Congrats! So happy for you guys! :D :D :D

AOS

03/20/2008 Wedding

04/24/2008 I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago

05/01/2008 Notice Date (Day 6)

05/09/2008 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 05/22)

05/22/2008 Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

08/20/2008 EAD card received

09/26/2008 Interview Letter in mail (for 11/10)

11/10/2008 Interview (Day 199) APPROVED!

12/02/2008 Green Card received (Day 221)

ROC

09/20/2010 I-751 sent to California Service Center

09/21/2010 Notice Date (Day 1)

10/12/2010 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 11/03)

11/03/2010 Biometrics appointment (Day 44)

01/07/2011 APPROVED! (Day 109)

01/13/2011 Green Card received (Day 115)

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congrats to everyone with the good news!

Im still waiting for any kind of news...almost 2 months since being told we were approved at the interview and still nothing - very frustrating!

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Hey Everyone! I just wanted to let everyone in on the info from our interview thismorning. It was scheduled for 10:00am in Mount Laurel, New Jersey which none of you have probably ever hear of but its about 10 minutes outside of Philadelphia. We went inside at about 9:40 and were careful not to bring in anything we'd have to put back in the car like cell phones or cameras. It was seriously packed and I was like man this is going to take forever, but they called us after only about 10 minutes so I guess they actually took us early.

The woman was nice, and had an accent but I couldnt place it. She swore us in which was awkward because she didnt tell us how to answer so we're both like "..yes?" She asked so see our passports and driver's licenses. Then she said "so how did you guys meet?" and "how long was it before you actually met in person?" Then she asked us "so how do you guys feel the marriage is going right now?" We told her we were having a lot of fun and that we enjoyed going on trips and were looking forward to getting our own apartment and doing lots of travelling together. Then she commented that just thismorning a man had come to his interview crying that his US Citizen wife had been using him and all of the money in his bank account was gone. She said a lot of times we don't even have to ask people, they come to us to tell us the marriage ended up being a joke. She asked us about work and where I went to school and what my major was. She also asked if I had any internships so I told her about the one I had over the summer. She was really sweet and was basically making conversation and commenting on how we didnt have kids so we had a lot of time to enjoy ourselves. I could sense early on that she was very happy with our answers and she kept on talking about the future as if we should see that everything would be okay and he would be staying. Finally, she asked me "what do you have for me to take from you that I can keep in your file?" I gave her a bank statement, insurance statement, gym membership contract, hotel receipt from a vacation, wedding pictures, an affidavit from my father, and copies of greeting cards. She was happy to take anything I gave her, she didnt refuse anything and she secured it in our file.

So she turns to her computer and says "Okay so I am approving your case in the computer, and you should have your green card in the mail in no more than a month but probably sooner" As she was doing that she asked a random question about any pets in the house so we told her about my parents Jack Russell Terrier, Trevor. Thennnn I was so surprised but she actually gave him the passport stamp so that he is free to work and travel immediately.

So overall, super easy, super nice, super efficient and super approved!

CONGRATS...actually I have my interview in Mount Laurel on Dec. 4...so I'm glad to see someone went before me and it went well...enjoy...

Greencard (2008):

July 16....AOS mailed;

July 17.......AOS received
July 21.......NOA1 receipt date

July 23.......Check Cashed
July 25.......Received NOA1

July 28.......Received Biometrics appointment
Aug 12.....received RFE notice

Aug 13...Biometrics Appointment

August 19...RFE received, case resumed processing
Oct. 8.........EAD Card production ordered

Oct. 16.......EAD Approval noticed mailed
Oct. 18........EAD in hand (came in mail)
Nov 3.........Interview Notice received in mail
Dec 4.........Interview APPROVED, CRIS email: card production ordered
Dec 9.........Welcome noticed received in mail Dec 9.........card production ordered
Dec 14.......Received greencard in mail

CITIZENSHIP (2014):
May 7...Application mailed out

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My interview went #######. We went in on Oct 21st , and the officer separated me from my husband immediately. Asked me millions of questions, some uncomfortable. And then brought my husband in, asked him the same questions.. my husband got a couple of ones wrong. Then he took me to wait outside, and did the same process with my husband.. brought me back in, and asked me the questions. He questioned if we were married forreal, asked us how this and that can be possible, why I had a diff address… made us really uncomfy and nervous. Then he asked us for our insurance cards, told him that my husband wasn’t on my health plan but was on my vision plan. Asked us for employment letters for both me (immigrant) and my husband (USCitizen), and we told him that I wasn’t informed I needed mine, and that my husband’s job has constantly refused to give employment letters because its in their policy. He said if we don’t give him this information within 30 days, application will be denied..

I cried so hard outside when we left, and called my attorney. After about 15 days, we managed to force my husbands job to give us an employment letter, got my vision plan with my husband printed off online, and my job letter. All in all, we mailed it on November 7th, and it was delivered on nov 10th.

We are still waiting for a response and I am super nervous now. It’s been 9 days. Any idea of how long it takes?

One thing the officer did say is that, if we presented the evidence needed, then no additional interview will be necessary. Is that good or bad??

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations ur so bad! Can't wait for mine to arrive :)

Edited by bluesalmon

K-1 Timeline

May 26, 2007 I-129F NOA1 [/font][/size]

August 27, 2007 RFE e-mail notice

September 18, 2007 Case processing has resumed

September 24, 2007 NOA2 hard copy

November 17, 2007 Packet 4 arrived

November 29, 2007 Medical

December 6, 2007 Interview approved

December 13, 2007 Visa delivered

December 14, 2007 CFO seminar and sticker St. Mary's

AOS

March 21, 2008 - Mailed AOS application

November 4, 2008 - Interview

December 24, 2008 - Greencard received in mail

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My interview went #######. We went in on Oct 21st , and the officer separated me from my husband immediately. Asked me millions of questions, some uncomfortable. And then brought my husband in, asked him the same questions.. my husband got a couple of ones wrong. Then he took me to wait outside, and did the same process with my husband.. brought me back in, and asked me the questions. He questioned if we were married forreal, asked us how this and that can be possible, why I had a diff address… made us really uncomfy and nervous. Then he asked us for our insurance cards, told him that my husband wasn’t on my health plan but was on my vision plan. Asked us for employment letters for both me (immigrant) and my husband (USCitizen), and we told him that I wasn’t informed I needed mine, and that my husband’s job has constantly refused to give employment letters because its in their policy. He said if we don’t give him this information within 30 days, application will be denied..

I cried so hard outside when we left, and called my attorney. After about 15 days, we managed to force my husbands job to give us an employment letter, got my vision plan with my husband printed off online, and my job letter. All in all, we mailed it on November 7th, and it was delivered on nov 10th.

We are still waiting for a response and I am super nervous now. It’s been 9 days. Any idea of how long it takes?

One thing the officer did say is that, if we presented the evidence needed, then no additional interview will be necessary. Is that good or bad??

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!

A lot of cases get the stamp of "approved pending review" ...I think its actually pretty common. I was actually expecting and prepared for that to happen, we were going to do the best we could and then wait for the answer when it was reviewed by a supervisor. I was very pleasantly surprised that it was approved right off the bat, because we talked about so many questions that we knew might seem like they might not make sense to the officer. I think he was just trying to be Mr. Tough Guy Officer and give you a hard time but once they get the evidence and someone else looks it over you should be ok.

I'm sorry about your experience :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

SWEET!!

Receipt Number: msc..........

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On November 21, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

How long have people experienced in wait times from getting this online update to receiving the card? I havent even been able to see it online up until now, so to see it online and have this is a pretty darn good feeling!

June 20th 2007.....I-129f Sent to CSC!

July 7th 2007....NOA1

November 8th....NOA2

December 8th.....Packet 3 Received (Sent back 10th)

January 8th.....Packet 4 Received

January 16th.....Interview in London

January 20th....Flight to AZ via JFK, received temp EAD

February 29th...Civil Ceremony

March 10th...I485, I765 & I131 sent to Chicago

March 22nd....Received NOA for I485, I131 & I765 (All dated March 18th)

March 24th....Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (dated March 20th)

April 7th...Request for Initial Evidence for I485 (Received in MO on the 10th)

April 9th....Biometrics Appointment

May 30th...EAD Card Production Ordered and AP Approved

June 7th....Wedding!!

June 13th...EAD Card & AP in hand

September 22nd...AOS Interview - APPROVED!

Nov 21st...Card Production Ordered!

Nov 22nd...Welcome to America Letter Received

Nov 29th 2008...Green Card Received!!!

Aug 20th 2010...Mailed I-751 to CSC

Aug 23rd...Check Cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.