2,548 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Congratulations to all!! Finally some good news for those of us who have been waiting so many months for anything! We have our interview up in Seattle tomorrow. Not looking forward to such a long drive, but we've got everything ready to go and are anxious to be done with USCIS for a while!

I'll finish with job #2 at 3:30 am, go home and sleep for a few hours and start driving up there. Good luck to others with interviews tomorrow!

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck!

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Congratulations to all!! Finally some good news for those of us who have been waiting so many months for anything! We have our interview up in Seattle tomorrow. Not looking forward to such a long drive, but we've got everything ready to go and are anxious to be done with USCIS for a while!

I'll finish with job #2 at 3:30 am, go home and sleep for a few hours and start driving up there. Good luck to others with interviews tomorrow!

Good Luck and let us know what happens. So far everyone Seattle interviewed in the last week has reported either no immediate decision or approval pending review. :huh:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Had our interview today. The guy asked quite a lot of questions, but thankfully we were prepared. And YES the guy did notice we were prepared, he seemed very happy about that. We had everything sorted into a notebook so when he asked to see something, not only did we have the original but a copy as well. He asked to see evidence that we lived together, that seemed to be a VERY important thing, so make sure you bring copies of utility bills with both your names on it, etc. We were given approval pending review by his supervisor. The guy said we would either get a greencard in the next couple of months or a letter asking for more information. Overall the interview was very efficient and the interviewer was nice (not too friendly but not a sour puss either) We are hopeful...Will keep you posted :thumbs:

Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews! If you have any questions, PM me.

Annette

Our Time Line... April 18, 2007 - I-129F mailed to NSC

April 24, 2007 - I-129F received at NSC

May 18, 2007 - I-129F received at CSC

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

September 10, 2007 - NVC RECEIVED! YAY!

September 12, 2007 - Left NVC on it's way to Dublin! WAHOOOO!

September 28, 2007 - Packet 3 Received

November 1, 2007 - Medical

November 8, 2007 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy

December 7, 2007 INTERVIEW!!!

APPROVED!!!!

December 19, 2007 **Alan arrives in Seattle**

WEDDING DATE Valentines day 2008

February 25, 2008 - AOS Packet sent

March 24, 2008 - BIOMETRICS

April 30, 2008 - EAD APPROVED!

October 24 - INTERVIEW!!!!!!

December 11, 2008 - Approved! Green Card being generated. YAY!

December 29, 2008 Greencard Arrives THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY for all your help!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Everyone, I have a question...

I'm starting to prepare our binder for the interview and I was referring to the checklist on the notice they sent us. It doesnt say anything on there (or I didnt see it) about the affidavits you can get from family and friends where you get a notarized statement about your relationship. Is that something you just do on your own if you want to? Are they still accepted? I figure I will need one because right now we live with my parents so we have no rental or utility agreements in our name. I think they will need to write one saying we live with them but that we do live together.

Thanks!

Hey Everyone, I have a question...

I'm starting to prepare our binder for the interview and I was referring to the checklist on the notice they sent us. It doesnt say anything on there (or I didnt see it) about the affidavits you can get from family and friends where you get a notarized statement about your relationship. Is that something you just do on your own if you want to? Are they still accepted? I figure I will need one because right now we live with my parents so we have no rental or utility agreements in our name. I think they will need to write one saying we live with them but that we do live together.

Thanks!

Yeah they're still accepted.

Removing Conditions

Citizenship

Timeline
Had our interview today. The guy asked quite a lot of questions, but thankfully we were prepared. And YES the guy did notice we were prepared, he seemed very happy about that. We had everything sorted into a notebook so when he asked to see something, not only did we have the original but a copy as well. He asked to see evidence that we lived together, that seemed to be a VERY important thing, so make sure you bring copies of utility bills with both your names on it, etc. We were given approval pending review by his supervisor. The guy said we would either get a greencard in the next couple of months or a letter asking for more information. Overall the interview was very efficient and the interviewer was nice (not too friendly but not a sour puss either) We are hopeful...Will keep you posted :thumbs:

Good luck to all those with upcoming interviews! If you have any questions, PM me.

Annette

We had our interview as well, and had pretty much the same experience as Annette. Our interviewer spent more time talking to me about my gov't job than anything else, but in the end we were told if there was a need for more info then they'd request it or we'd get his green card in the mail.

It was amazing to us the number of people waiting there with their lawyers. We heard 2 of the lawyers talking to others stating they had to look at pics of their next clients, as they had never actually met them, just taken their money and filed the papers! How sad!

Edited by u2rsobad

K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

hey March filers, you may have already read this in the general AOS forum, but thought I would post here too. We had our interview in Seattle on Friday 10/24. here is our story -

Been a bit, but had to check in and get some advice. So Matthew and I had our green card interview finally last friday. We show up at the place well early, have copies of everything you can possibly think of to document our marriage and then some in hand. We get called into the office to meet with Officer S, and he asks us a few questions about how we met, how the marriage was going, who was at our wedding, what we both do for a living, etc etc. He asked for any updated financial information to add to the file. I had my employer write a new letter of employment verification - just to be thorough - dated last week as well as my 2008 teacher contract so I hand that over to him.

Then he says, alright guys, do you want the good news or the bad news???ummmmm......seriously?? okay, I guess lets get the bad news out of the way. so he says, well, this NEVER happens, but it appears that they lost Matthew's immigration/entry packet at the airport customs office when he entered the country last January on his K-1 visa. you know...that 'mysterious' brown envelope that is delivered from the embassy that has all your immigration info, your medical exam, your sponsor's info, etc etc....yeah, they lost that one! although Officer S can tell he had it when he entered the country because someone took the official sticker off of it and put it in his file to document that he entered the country with all of the proper paperwork, they just aren't sure what happened to it from there. he said this NEVER happens and proceeded to explain how the file gets split up to the different offices for AOS and then put back together for the final interview phase and that 99.9% of the time all of that works out just fine. In fact, poor Officer S is just baffled by what could have happened to it since the USCIS office here in Seattle gets daily deliveries from the airport customs down the road and from that official sticker in Matthew's file, he knows it was here, they just don't know where it is now.

at this stage in the interview my heart is pounding waiting to hear what all this means to us. Apparently your entire life is in that mysterious brown envelope. Luckily I was so over prepared at the interview, I had copies of everything he needed to replace from it EXCEPT Matthew's medical exam. soooooo, the Officer says to us, we have a choice here. Since we are the ones who lost it, you can have us continue to look for that paperwork (although he has apparently been trying to track it down for the last 3 weeks since our file landed on his desk - not to mention it has not been found in the 7 months since we filed AOS) OR we can go have another medical exam done. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

So I say, well, can't we just call the embassy doctor in London who did the original medical and have them fax you a copy? and he says no, you have to have a new medical done here in the US because the embassy doctor in London is not an approved Civil Surgeon here in the US. I say, well, you know he passed his medical because he was granted an interview, and allowed to enter the country - isn't that good enough?? not to mention we have the I-693A form we submitted with AOS verifying all of his vaccinations sitting right there in front of us, and he again says no, we have to have the actual medical paperwork in his file. At this point I say, well I won't allow you to vaccinate him again, he got all those shots only 9 months ago, and he says that's okay, we know he has those because we have the I693A form, he just needs all the rest of it done again.

So here is the kicker....WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THE MEDICAL EXAM AGAIN!!!! #######?? Even though it is their mistake, our health insurance will not pay for an immigration exam, and Officer S thinks they are still running around $400.00 to have it done (we paid just over 250 pounds in London in January to have the first one done). I am SOOOOOO ANGRY! they admit its their mistake, they know he passed his medical the first time, they have proof of the vaccinations, yet we have to do this all over again at our expense. not to mention the other stuff that was 'lost' in that paperwork included absolutely every detail of our lives - financials, names, addresses, employers, SSN, parents info, etc etc...you guys know all of the info you had to submit to sponsor your fiance for the K-1 visa - well of that was in the file that they 'lost'. I feel violated and so angry I am barely able to contain it right now. at the very least I think they should provide us with some sort of voucher to cover the cost of a second medical exam.

Of course the longer we put this off the longer it will take to actually get the green card in our hands, so I don't think we really have a choice here. Of course 'the good news' was that we are approved for a green card - pending a new medical. In fact Officer S is so sorry about what happened he is keeping our file on his desk and having us send the new I-693 medical form directly to him at our local office so he can approve the green card the same day he receives it. at least there is that - I guess.

Sorry this is so long - and sorry for any mistakes, I just don't have the energy to read over to edit!

Does anyone have any advice here?? do I have any recourse?? He did say we have done everything right in this process and was glad I was so organized and had extra copies of everything we have ever submitted to replace what was lost. I am SO PISSED. I think I will contact my congressman, but it is that wise until this is resolved?? should we jump through the hoops first and get the green card and then raise holy hell??

Oh and the kicker....we have to have the new medical done, at our expense, in 4 weeks, or face possible deportation.....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH mad.gif

Sara

Hi Guys,

It's been a while seen I posted here...My interview's coming up tomorrow...I'm not nervous though (not as nervous as with my K-3 interview back in Manila! :blink: )...well, probably because I have nothing to be afraid of...I just wanna say thank you in advance and I'll let you guys know what happened right after my interview...

Good luck to all of us! :thumbs:

2-0. In favor of the boys.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Annette

We had our interview as well, and had pretty much the same experience as Annette. Our interviewer spent more time talking to me about my gov't job than anything else, but in the end we were told if there was a need for more info then they'd request it or we'd get his green card in the mail.

It was amazing to us the number of people waiting there with their lawyers. We heard 2 of the lawyers talking to others stating they had to look at pics of their next clients, as they had never actually met them, just taken their money and filed the papers! How sad!

Congratulations U2Rsobad and Annette. Life in Michigan is veddy, veddy goot for me and Ramzis. I wish everyone on Visa Journey the best. We have been married already 7 months and we still wake up each day so greatful!!

9/5/2004 met

7/4/2006 visited for 1 week in Russia (Independence Day!)

12/26/06 three week visit in the U.S.

4/6/07 He came to US for 6 glorious weeks

5/20/07 He returned to Ufa, RU

5/24/07 Mailed I-129F to NSC!!!!!

5/25/07 Received and signed for by F Heinauer, NSC

6/11/07 NOA1 (NEVER received hard copy)

8/23/07 Ramzis comes to America for another visit

10/02/07 Ramzis returns to Russia

11/06/07 NOA2 at LAST!!!

12/17/07 Received at NVC (at last!)

12/18/07 Sent to Moscow Embassy & New NVC Case Number

12/21/07 Received at 11:08 a.m. Moscow Embassy

1/25/08 Received packet from Embassy

03/07/08 Interview 8:00 a.m. Moscow Embassy! VISA APPROVED!!!

03/13/08 Visa in Hand

03/14/08 Flying to U.S. - Detroit POE

03/15/08 Our Wedding Day!

AOS Timeline

3/21/08 - Packet sent to Chicago Lockbox

3/24/08 - Packet received and signed for

3/28/08 - NOA1 received in the mail - EAD & AOS - check cashed

4/15/08 - Biometrics

5/5/08 - AOS interview notice received in the mail (will be in Detroit, June 12, 2008)

6/2/08 - EAD card ordered (CRIS email)

6/5/08 - EAD RECEIVED IN THE MAIL

6/12/08 - Permanent Resident APPROVAL! Green Card on the Way!

6/23/08 - Green Card Received!!!

3/18/10 - Filed I-751 to have conditions removed

4/16/10 - Biometrics

6/3/10 - Permanent Green Card Received!

Hey Guys...

WE'VE BEEN APPROVED! YIPEE! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Interview details coming up in a few... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thank you VJers! :D

Congrats! Lot of interviews this week :lol:

Removing Conditions

Citizenship

Hey Guys...

Congrats!!! :)

AOS

03/20/2008 Wedding

04/24/2008 I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago

05/01/2008 Notice Date (Day 6)

05/09/2008 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 05/22)

05/22/2008 Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

08/20/2008 EAD card received

09/26/2008 Interview Letter in mail (for 11/10)

11/10/2008 Interview (Day 199) APPROVED!

12/02/2008 Green Card received (Day 221)

ROC

09/20/2010 I-751 sent to California Service Center

09/21/2010 Notice Date (Day 1)

10/12/2010 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 11/03)

11/03/2010 Biometrics appointment (Day 44)

01/07/2011 APPROVED! (Day 109)

01/13/2011 Green Card received (Day 115)

.png

Timeline
Hey Guys...

Congratulations!! :dance::dance::dance:

K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Wow folks ... this is getting a little old. Still nothing since June 9. Not even a touch.

Should I be worried and/or taking action?

|| Adjustment of Status ||

01.09.09 :: Interview passed and conditional GC granted

11.17.08 :: Appointment Notice for Interview on 01.09.09

06.09.08 :: EAD received

06.06.08 :: AP received

06.02.08 :: EAD touched; card production ordered

05.30.08 :: AP touched

05.08.08 :: Biometrics appointment; AOS and EAD touched

04.28.08 :: Appointment Notice for Biometrics on 05.08.08

04.22.08 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation (AOS, AP, EAD)

04.21.08 :: Application fee processed

03.09.08 :: Application received by USCIS

03.07.08 :: Submitted I-485 Adjustment of Status (incl AP, EAD)

|| K1 Fiance Visa ||

12.01.07 :: Marriage date

09.29.07 :: Entered U.S. via San Ysidro POE

09.21.07 :: Cena de Compramisos - officially proposed

09.04.07 :: CDJ interview - visa granted (full report)

09.03.07 :: CDJ medical exam taken

08.11.07 :: CDJ packet received by beneficiary

07.15.07 :: CDJ packet received by petitioner

06.20.07 :: NOA2 petition approval

06.19.07 :: Touched

06.14.07 :: Touched - CSC confirmed receipt of RFE response

06.06.07 :: RFE received by CSC

05.30.07 :: RFE replied

05.28.07 :: RFE received

05.21.07 :: Touched

03.09.07 :: NOA1 receipt confirmation

03.07.07 :: Application fee processed

03.06.07 :: Application received by CSC

02.28.07 :: Submitted I-129F Petition for Fiance Visa

05.17.05 :: Registered on VisaJourney.com

12.21.04 :: She hit on me first ... really... I swear

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.