2,548 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My mom just called me at work to tell me that I got an envelope from the senators office! I dont leave for another hour and a half so i'll have no idea what it says until after 1:00. However, nothing has changed with any of my case statuses online on the USCIS website. So i'm thinking maybe its just one of those generic notes that says "We got your inquiry and we're really busy. Have a nice day".

We will see!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let us know what it says lol ... i bet it will say more then that ..... like "please dont call again" hehe..

seriously ... it may say something else! fingers crossed!!!

Timeline

You are NOT going to believe this.

I opened the letter from the senator and it says they looked into my case and there was an RFE sent to my lawyer IN APRIL. Yes, APRIL. I filed in March. This could have been over and done with when it was SUPPOSED to be. My lawyer never called me, emailed me or anything. BUT, not only that, there was never an RFE sent to my house, OR posted on my case status online. AND, we also went to an infopass appointment in June and they specifically told us there was no RFE.

I dont even know what to think, I am so very upset. That means this whole summer my husband could have been working but I had to work 6 days a week sometimes 13 hours a day to support us.

The only good thing to come of this is I called the guy at the senators office who told me to fax him the evidence (it was only 2 stupid things) which I did right away. So he is going to fax it directly to the national benefits center instead of me having to mail it.

I hope they accept the evidence. Its been more than 90 days which is all they give you.

Please pray for us and send good thoughts our way. Thank you.

OMG, this is crazy! I can't believe they told you you had no RFE when you went for you infopass appointment!

This is also why I didn't get a lawyer. What did your lawyer say about all this?

AOS

03/20/2008 Wedding

04/24/2008 I-130, I-485, I-765 sent to Chicago

05/01/2008 Notice Date (Day 6)

05/09/2008 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 05/22)

05/22/2008 Biometrics appointment (Day 27)

08/20/2008 EAD card received

09/26/2008 Interview Letter in mail (for 11/10)

11/10/2008 Interview (Day 199) APPROVED!

12/02/2008 Green Card received (Day 221)

ROC

09/20/2010 I-751 sent to California Service Center

09/21/2010 Notice Date (Day 1)

10/12/2010 Biometrics Notice in mail (for 11/03)

11/03/2010 Biometrics appointment (Day 44)

01/07/2011 APPROVED! (Day 109)

01/13/2011 Green Card received (Day 115)

.png

I opened the letter from the senator and it says they looked into my case and there was an RFE sent to my lawyer IN APRIL. Yes, APRIL. I filed in March. This could have been over and done with when it was SUPPOSED to be. My lawyer never called me, emailed me or anything. BUT, not only that, there was never an RFE sent to my house, OR posted on my case status online. AND, we also went to an infopass appointment in June and they specifically told us there was no RFE.

I dont even know what to think, I am so very upset. That means this whole summer my husband could have been working but I had to work 6 days a week sometimes 13 hours a day to support us.

The only good thing to come of this is I called the guy at the senators office who told me to fax him the evidence (it was only 2 stupid things) which I did right away. So he is going to fax it directly to the national benefits center instead of me having to mail it.

I hope they accept the evidence. Its been more than 90 days which is all they give you.

I'm reading this and I'm just so mad :angry: , and still you have to pay them :angry:, I'm really sorry you have to go through all this (F) , I wish all work for you in the end and I hope that already NBC received your answer for RFE..

Did you Attorney receive the RFE? if so you ask him/her explanation :angry:

Mary

K1-K2 Visas Journey

(Day 1) 05/23/07: Packet sent to CSC

(Day 247) 01/25/08: Interview. Approved!

(Day 254) 02/01/08: Visas Received.

AOS Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 04/20/08: Application sent.

(Day 73) 07/02/08: EAD,AP Approved!

(Day 108) 08/05/08: AOS Approved!

(Day 114) 08/11/08: 2 years GC received.

ROC Journey K1-K2

(Day 1) 05/09/10: Application sent.

(Day 129) 09/14/10: ROC Approved!

(Day 135) 09/20/10: 10 years GC received.

Naturalization Journey

(Day 1) 10/02/11: Application sent.

(Day 122) 01/31/12: Interview. PASSED!

(Day 125) 02/03/12: Oath Ceremony. Done!

End of our Journey:

Daughter and I became U.S. Citizens on 02/03/2012.

(Day 1) 02/09/12: Applied for U.S. Passport & Passport card.

(Day 16) 02/24/12: Passport received.

(Day 19) 02/27/12: Passport Card received.

(Day 24) 03/03/12: Got CoN back.

N-600 for Daughter

(Day 1) 02/04/12: Application sent.

(Day 117) 05/30/12: Picked up Certificate of Citizenship at USCIS local office Chicago.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
I'm reading this and I'm just so mad :angry: , and still you have to pay them :angry:, I'm really sorry you have to go through all this (F) , I wish all work for you in the end and I hope that already NBC received your answer for RFE..

Did you Attorney receive the RFE? if so you ask him/her explanation :angry:

Mary

Wow Mary! You filed more than a month after I did and you're already finished!! Congrats! Must be nice.

E-Merce: I hope they get your RFE processed fast. I keep calling and they keep telling me.."No RFE, we process in order (ya..right) and you're within our processing times." And I thought the K-1 was frustrating!! :bonk:

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

So infuriating! #######! USCIS better start cracking @$$ on your AOS now!

I don't even know what to say about your lawyer.

Well I'm hoping the lawyer didn't mess up and that they really never received it.

The Infopass is a whole other story, how could they possibly tell you that you didn't have one when clearly that's the reason for the whole delay.

I'm really sorry to hear all this, also make two copies of the information they asked for the in RFE and even if the office is faxing it, mail the other copies yourself so that you can have peace of mind that it was done and that somebody else doesn't mess up.

Removing Conditions

07/31/2010 - Filed for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/02/2010 - ROC Packet received

08/03/2010 - NOA notice date for I-751

08/05/2010 - Check cashed

08/07/2010 - NOA received for I-751

08/13/2010 - Biometrics appointment letter received

09/01/2010 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2010 - Case status appears online

11/08/2010 - Card production ordered

11/13/2010 - I-751 Approval Letter received

11/19/2010 - Green Card received in the mail

Citizenship

08/01/2011 - Filed for Citizenship (N-400)

08/03/2011 - N400 Packet received

08/05/2011 - Received email/text confirming application receipt

08/08/2011 - Check cashed

08/09/2011 - Biometrics notice sent

08/12/2011 - NOA received for N400

08/12/2011 - Biometrics appointment letter received

08/29/2011 - Biometrics taken

08/31/2011 - Case Status Notification: Placed in line for interview scheduling

10/11/2011 - Received yellow letter

01/11/2012 - Interview letter sent

01/17/2012 - Interview letter received

02/16/2012 - Interview & received Oath letter

03/06/2012 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

I'm still just as confused about the situation, BUT, I did send the evidence right away to my senator guy who called me to tell me he forwarded it to the national benefits center right away. He also said he sent an email explaining that I had no idea an RFE existed and if I had then we would have responded right away. Also, that I wouldn't have been making all of these inquiries into my case if I had known there was one, it just proves that I was clueless about it.

I also emailed the lawyer to ask him what his deal was and he emailed me back within the hour to tell me that he had never received anything and had no idea what I was talking about. I dont know what to think but i'm actually inclined to believe him since he also said he checked my case statues and nothing mentioned an RFE.

This is like a whirlwind of mis-information. Someone is at fault I just dont know who.

Timeline

E-Mail I got from my contact at the senator's office thismorning:

"I sent the forms to my contact the USCIS and he responded this morning saying that he sent it over to be interfiled with the I-485. He said no action had been taken meaning they did not disregard the case because it fell outside the 87 day limit. So they have the information now and it should be with the correct people now"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I'm still just as confused about the situation, BUT, I did send the evidence right away to my senator guy who called me to tell me he forwarded it to the national benefits center right away. He also said he sent an email explaining that I had no idea an RFE existed and if I had then we would have responded right away. Also, that I wouldn't have been making all of these inquiries into my case if I had known there was one, it just proves that I was clueless about it.

I also emailed the lawyer to ask him what his deal was and he emailed me back within the hour to tell me that he had never received anything and had no idea what I was talking about. I dont know what to think but i'm actually inclined to believe him since he also said he checked my case statues and nothing mentioned an RFE.

This is like a whirlwind of mis-information. Someone is at fault I just dont know who.

This souds horrible. They just harass immigrants. And nothing can be done against them. Whole thing is stupidity just sheer stupidity. My EAD card was lost mysteriously in mail and i re-applied with full fees. And i was told that even green card gets mysteriously lost in mail and people have to re-apply everything if that happens. Unbelievable. The reason given was that because people can sell the card as soon as they get it and just ask for duplicate. So they make em re-apply. Then why don't they send cards in priority mails? They charge so much money and they can chargs extra for priority mail as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi Everyone ~ first post here on this thread. We filed for AOS back on March 3, 2008. *sigh*

Look forward to getting to know you all and hearing your stories.

Annette

Our Time Line... April 18, 2007 - I-129F mailed to NSC

April 24, 2007 - I-129F received at NSC

May 18, 2007 - I-129F received at CSC

August 22, 2007 - called USCIS and found out we were APPROVED on August 18, 2007

August 22, 2007 - received email from CRIS, late afternoon, saying we were approved

September 10, 2007 - NVC RECEIVED! YAY!

September 12, 2007 - Left NVC on it's way to Dublin! WAHOOOO!

September 28, 2007 - Packet 3 Received

November 1, 2007 - Medical

November 8, 2007 - Packet 3 Sent to Embassy

December 7, 2007 INTERVIEW!!!

APPROVED!!!!

December 19, 2007 **Alan arrives in Seattle**

WEDDING DATE Valentines day 2008

February 25, 2008 - AOS Packet sent

March 24, 2008 - BIOMETRICS

April 30, 2008 - EAD APPROVED!

October 24 - INTERVIEW!!!!!!

December 11, 2008 - Approved! Green Card being generated. YAY!

December 29, 2008 Greencard Arrives THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY for all your help!

Timeline
Hi Everyone ~ first post here on this thread. We filed for AOS back on March 3, 2008. *sigh*

Annette

Welcome!

Sorry you had to walk in right in the middle of my disaster, but most of the people on here have happy stories :)

Best of luck with the rest of your AOS journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Annette

Welcome!

Sorry you had to walk in right in the middle of my disaster, but most of the people on here have happy stories :)

Best of luck with the rest of your AOS journey!

E-Merce its amazing what a senator can do. We had a similar finding with our stuff. For some reason it takes something like that for them to get their act together, otherwise they are quite happy just bumbling along feeding us a bunch of BS.

I am sure your case will finish soon too, now that they senator is involved. We got my green card the other day too.

Marcus

N400 Timeline

June 05/20 - Applied Online

March 19/21 - Interview/Oath Ceremony

Hi everyone! Just a a quick update. After not hearing from USCIS since March (apart from getting my AP and EAD a while ago), I finally received my interview letter. I'm so nervous!!! Hopefully everything will be ok. We are scheduled for the 8th of October.

Timeline:

12-16-07 Arrival in the US from Good Ol' Blighty

02-13-08 Got married in Los Angeles

02-22-08 Civil Surgeon Appointment

Adjustment of Status

02-29-08 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD, AP (Via FedEx) to Chicago

03-03-08 Package arrived in Chicago

03-07-08 All Cheques cashed!!

03-10-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 received

03-16-08 NOAs for I-130, I-485, I-765 and I-131 touched

03-27-08 Biometrics Appointment at 2pm (Notice date: 03.11.08)

04-30-08 Received EAD "card production ordered" & AP Approval notices from CRIS (YESSSS!!!!!)

05-06-08 I-765 touched and AP received in the mail!

05-08-08 Received I-765 "approval notice sent" e-mail from CRIS

05-09-08 EAD received in the mail (YIIPPEEYY!!!)

08-22-08 Notice of Action for initial interview received (10-08-08)

10-08-08 AOS Interview in Los Angeles: APPROVED!!!!

10-09-08 I-485 touched! (Card Production Ordered)

10-15-08 NOAs for I-130 (approval notice) and I-485 (welcome letter) received

10-22-08 Green Card finally arrived!!!

Removing of Conditions

07-14-10 Sent I-751 (Via USPS next day delivery) to California Service Center

07-22-10 Received NOA 1

07-30-10 Received NOA 2 (Biometrics appointment on 08-11-10)

08-31-10 NOA for Removal of Conditions approved

09-02-10 Approval letter received

09-03-10 Green Card arrived!!!

ePcwm7.png

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.