BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Gosh I hope the CSC starts moving this month!!! I mean gosh April is half over now!!!

Yeah it's not good when you have to go all the way back to March 24 to see the last 20 approvals out of the CSC.

Just dropping in to wish everyone well!!! I'm still praying for all of you!!! MOVE IT, CSC!!!!

Thanks!!

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
I have to admit that my accent is certainly a commodity (though I doubt all British accents are - many of them can be quite difficult to understand even for a British person!) although I'm never going to be able to order 'water' in a restaurant. :lol:

It's snowed here again in Sheffield - brr! This time last year we were having a heatwave!

Where's that global warming when you need it!

As far as the accent - the affected public school will work best in some wealthy circles (everyone will believe you're P. Diana's cousin) or cockney for the rest of us fun lovers. You are so right about difficulty. I went on a tour of some simall private single malt distillers in Scotland. The Scottish guide was difficult enough to understand sober, but after a few drinks - Good Grief! I couldn't understand a single word. It was like he was from another planet. And this is after tuning my ear by watching Hamish on the BBC America channel.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

:lol: Aye - some Brits may as well be speaking another language!

If you're curious, I have examples of me speaking here: http://rebelsanctuary.com/voice/ Only the ones labelled 'rachel' though - the rest aren't me! :P Oh, and in one of them (I think it's rachel4) I'm talking about testicular cancer, so it's probably NSFW. (Hey, I needed something to read and it was on a nearby Gillette razor packet).

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Ahhh the good ol British accent.. yup, you got it haha :lol:

Hmmm.. I wonder how my accent is lately.. I know I had a Dutch accent going on before (although when being in London and such, people usually didn't recognized the roots or my accent) but my SO says my accent kinda disappeared, which could be in a way, knowing I tend to pick accents from people to whom I speak a lot so I might have taken her accent in a way... When I was in Minneapolis last september during my stopover, the thought I was British lol... oh well, guess I got a bit of a vague accent lol

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Ooh - the voice files named 'spectre' in that directory are spoken by a Dutchman and he has an awesome voice - very 1940s radio presenter-y.

All of the Dutch people I have known could easily have been mistaken for Brits when speaking English - perhaps because you're usually bilingual from an earlier age than, say, the French or Germans?

Edited by Alex & Rachel

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I added you as a friend on myspace Rachel :) I couldn't get your voice clips to play for some reason on my puter ??? weird! But my man is English and I lived there for 3 years so I know what you lot sound like ;)

Man I am depressed about the CSC....trying not to think about it so much but as the weather warms and I see more couples out and about together and this will be second summer without Gareth....well yeah it is #######!!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

:lol: Aye - some Brits may as well be speaking another language!

If you're curious, I have examples of me speaking here: http://rebelsanctuary.com/voice/ Only the ones labelled 'rachel' though - the rest aren't me! :P Oh, and in one of them (I think it's rachel4) I'm talking about testicular cancer, so it's probably NSFW. (Hey, I needed something to read and it was on a nearby Gillette razor packet).

Rachel, I LOVE YOUR ACCENT! And I almost drop off my chair with the "Snape killed Dumbledore...." :rofl: of course Snape ended up being a hero really.

I have always loved the british accent, ALWAYS! Even when I was a young kid, I always love hearing it... No offense to the americans, I always thought English should be spoken the way the British do (though filipinos take after the americans in english)... I always make Ricky try to imitate the british accent, and he could really do but he'd be all red for really trying hard :lol:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

How about asians dear blake? In the school that the kids will be attending, the asian population is nil so my two kids will probably be the only asian there. And we will be the only filipino in Ricky's small town... Oh well.... :wacko:
Don't let it worry you, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

I was worrying ábout a similar thing, although it will be me being one of the only white people in a mainly filipino/japanese town lol but when I was there, they received me with open arms

Maybe I should ask Ricky to transfer to Hawaii where there's more sun and more beaches like here in the Philippines :whistle:

They will naturally be assumed to be wizards in math. If that is not the case, then they should use a french accent :lol:

All kidding aside, I'm sure your children will be a real curiosity amongst their classmates and will be asked about where they born many times. I think they should not have too much of a problem assimilating - even in a small town in NC.

Ricky actually told me about a sitcom before where there was an asian guy who was not intelligent and they were making fun of him coz the other characters on that sitcom assumed that all asians are nerds and are highly intelligent.... My son is good in math but not on the wizard level.. well, maybe I should have them learn the french accent then :whistle:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

OMG Rachel, you have the perfect voice. I love it!! Truely the classic accent. :star:

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Ooh - the voice files named 'spectre' in that directory are spoken by a Dutchman and he has an awesome voice - very 1940s radio presenter-y.

All of the Dutch people I have known could easily have been mistaken for Brits when speaking English - perhaps because you're usually bilingual from an earlier age than, say, the French or Germans?

Hmmm.. I do know we all learn how to speak English in the British way, both oral as written (like 'colour' instead of 'color') so maybe that is why it is like that. We also start to learn English when we're about 11-12 years old. Compared to the Germans, we don't do dubbed movies, this might also be why we learn stuff earlier (like for example, when being in Germany, I learned most German coz the movies were dubbed haha).

Maybe I should ask Ricky to transfer to Hawaii where there's more sun and more beaches like here in the Philippines :whistle:

lol.. well I'd say go for it.. anything warm and sunny is good in my eyes ^^

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

btw... anyone seen Igor's list recently? There's someone who filed the I129F on March 20, March 24 was the NOA1 and they already have NOA2?? o_O

Anyone else thinks this timeline was wrongly entered? I mean, 22 days? What they do? Throw all previous petitions out of the window and start with a clean sheet again? :S

N400 Timeline:

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

04/17/12 - Biometrics

btw... anyone seen Igor's list recently? There's someone who filed the I129F on March 20, March 24 was the NOA1 and they already have NOA2?? o_O

Anyone else thinks this timeline was wrongly entered? I mean, 22 days? What they do? Throw all previous petitions out of the window and start with a clean sheet again? :S

Yup, I saw that too. Their profile has been visited by tons of people today, I'm sure everyone is going "WHAT THE ^&$#&*???!"

All I can think of is they are a Cuba petitioner. Those get pushed through right away, which might explain the 22 days. Their profile doesn't have any info, so who knows. I'm guessing it's either that or is just a typo like you said. Let's hope anyway...

K1 TIMELINE:

01-24-2008 = Sent I-129F to CSC

01-29-2008 = NOA1 Issued

05-28-2008 = NOA2 (125 days after NOA1)

06-02-2008 = NOA2 Hardcopy received; NVC received petition

06-04-2008 = NVC sent package to Costa Rica

06-10-2008 = Embassy received

06-13-2008 = Picked up Packet 3

06-25-2008 = Interview (28 days after NOA2)

07-05-2008 = Home to the U.S. together!

09-20-2008 = Wedding!

AOS/EAD/AP TIMELINE:

10-15-2008 = Sent giant packet to Lockbox

10-22-2008 = NOA1's Issued

11-04-2008 = RFE on AOS only: need birth certificate, ORIGINAL was taken at interview. GRRR

11-24-2008 = Biometrics

12-22-2008 = Mailed RFE packet back

01-02-2009 = AOS processing resumed

01-16-2009 = Service Request filed for EAD (90 days with no news)

01-27-2009 = EAD and AP approved (102 days after NOA1's)

03-12-2009 = AOS Interview, APPROVED!

REMOVING CONDITIONS TIMELINE:

02-18-2011 = Sent packet to CSC

02-22-2011 = NOA1 Issued

03-21-2011 = Biometrics

04-26-2011 = APPROVED!

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 10 YEARS!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yup, I saw that too. Their profile has been visited by tons of people today, I'm sure everyone is going "WHAT THE ^&$#&*???!"

All I can think of is they are a Cuba petitioner. Those get pushed through right away, which might explain the 22 days. Their profile doesn't have any info, so who knows. I'm guessing it's either that or is just a typo like you said. Let's hope anyway...

Maybe it's a VSC user who made a mistake...

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

I added you as a friend on myspace Rachel :) I couldn't get your voice clips to play for some reason on my puter ??? weird! But my man is English and I lived there for 3 years so I know what you lot sound like ;)

Man I am depressed about the CSC....trying not to think about it so much but as the weather warms and I see more couples out and about together and this will be second summer without Gareth....well yeah it is #######!!!!

I shall add you back! Very strange about the voice clips; did you try to 'save as'? That might work! Not that it really matters, of course. ;)

Rachel, I LOVE YOUR ACCENT! And I almost drop off my chair with the "Snape killed Dumbledore...." :rofl: of course Snape ended up being a hero really.

I have always loved the british accent, ALWAYS! Even when I was a young kid, I always love hearing it... No offense to the americans, I always thought English should be spoken the way the British do (though filipinos take after the americans in english)... I always make Ricky try to imitate the british accent, and he could really do but he'd be all red for really trying hard :lol:

:D Thank you. Someone requested that I make that recording when the sixth book came out so they could use it to spoil the book for other people. Whoops; very naughty of me!

OMG Rachel, you have the perfect voice. I love it!! Truely the classic accent. :star:

Haha, thank you!

Hmmm.. I do know we all learn how to speak English in the British way, both oral as written (like 'colour' instead of 'color') so maybe that is why it is like that. We also start to learn English when we're about 11-12 years old. Compared to the Germans, we don't do dubbed movies, this might also be why we learn stuff earlier (like for example, when being in Germany, I learned most German coz the movies were dubbed haha).

That makes sense. :yes: You're probably better immersed in the language. Of course I know many German and French people who speak English very, very well but they always retain a distinct German/French accent.

My guess would be that they are a Cuba petitioner, too. There are actually two January Cuban filers who received their NOA2s within a month, too.

Two things - how do you access Igor's list

And has anyone seen the CSC timeline - last week it was out to 167 days, but this week it back to 152 :) So fingers crossed

That's good news!

Link to Igor's List is in my signature. Might be worth bookmarking it. :)

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.