BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I am always super-impressed by anyone who can speak more than one language! I learned French from the age of 7 to the age of 15 and I can barely remember anything - and I certainly can't speak it. I was reasonably okay at writing and reading French but when it came to speaking it I could never make myself understood. It was very disheartening! I don't have a very good ear for languages - heck, I often have to ask people to repeat themselves when they are speaking English - so I find it amazing when people converse in a language other than their native tongue.

Writing a blog in English is a great way to practice the language! I think you have done really well to learn what you have! I'll be sure to tell you if you make a really, really bad mistake. ;)

Despite my inability to converse in other languages I am fascinated by language in general and I love all the nuances in the English language. I'm quite excited as Alex is currently doing an essay-based course and I'm getting to proof-read all of his essays. I just e-mailed one back to him, actually, covered in my red notes - I hope he's not too offended! It really was quite well written but I kept thinking of ways to improve it further.

Awww Miss Yoko I love it! I have a blog too that realllly needs to be updated...I shall update now and then share :)

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I loved the blog miss-yoko, now you have something else to obsess about! :P

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

hmmmm blog... lol.. I bought myself 3 new domains last weekend.. one with my fullname, one with my first name with the area code of Hawaii and one with my last name and the same area code (unfortunately the .com domains with my first and last names were gone so thats why I put the area codes in).

The idea is to keep a blog as well on those domains (well, them forwarding to one domain in the end tho lol) about my journey into the US and after that, when we have our little family and stuff, with the sole purpose to keep the people back home informed.. Still wondering if I should do it in Dutch or in English since I know some English only speaking people and also Dutch only speaking people... hmm :rolleyes: I'll prolly end up just do both lingos lol

Guess I'll be working a bit on it today, like the layout and such... haven't done anything else yet besides buying the domains.. I'm soooo lazy at times haha :lol:

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

It takes me forever to create and implement new designs/layouts! :P Good luck!

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Yes, creating the design is usually the longest part! Good luck!

I feel lazy today! I can't concentrate on work. :(

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
The idea is to keep a blog as well on those domains (well, them forwarding to one domain in the end tho lol) about my journey into the US and after that, when we have our little family and stuff, with the sole purpose to keep the people back home informed.. Still wondering if I should do it in Dutch or in English since I know some English only speaking people and also Dutch only speaking people... hmm :rolleyes: I'll prolly end up just do both lingos lol

And now that I think of it, this would probably be a good thing to do. I mean I'm sure my family would like it if I was going to write down everything that happens to me when I'm in that 'unknown and strange country'. Maybe I should do it too... but right now I'm definitely too lazy!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Here's my blog peoples....don't mind my mindless rambling as that is mostly what it contains ;)

Sunni Side Up

Hope no one minds but I am going to make a new thread for us as I get annoyed easily about super duper long threads LMAO...I am gonna do weekly ones is that ok with all? If not then just ignore my new thread....haha...

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline
Here's my blog peoples....don't mind my mindless rambling as that is mostly what it contains ;)

Sunni Side Up

Hope no one minds but I am going to make a new thread for us as I get annoyed easily about super duper long threads LMAO...I am gonna do weekly ones is that ok with all? If not then just ignore my new thread....haha...

Well I don't know what other people think, but I liked having this one thread, even if it is a long one with hundreds of pages. That way we always know which one to look at. And what if someone wants to find an information someone else posted one of the weekly thread? that means that person would need to read all of them if he/she can't remember which week it was. :S

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

Sunni Side Up

Well I don't know what other people think, but I liked having this one thread, even if it is a long one with hundreds of pages. That way we always know which one to look at. And what if someone wants to find an information someone else posted one of the weekly thread? that means that person would need to read all of them if he/she can't remember which week it was. :S

I kinda like it too, this is really our story from beginning to hopefully a happy ending. When I first came on the thread I looked at the most was the Waiting for an NOA2 from the CSC Thread. I really enjoyed seeing the same and new charachters over and over - I felt as if I got to know them a little. That thread is some 390 pages at this point. I just advance to the last page to be current, but there's still a lot of good information (like peridress.com) on these pages. Since I'd have to push the same button whether its 40 pages or 4 pages, that doesn't bother me much.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

And now that I think of it, this would probably be a good thing to do. I mean I'm sure my family would like it if I was going to write down everything that happens to me when I'm in that 'unknown and strange country'. Maybe I should do it too... but right now I'm definitely too lazy!

:rofl: somehow that made me laugh.... reading the underline words made my mind float to the wizarding world of "harry potter" where there are giants and dragons, elves and wizards and witches and flying broomsticks... but honestly, sometimes, i do feel like I'm headed to that place... i just hope there will be more good wizards than bad witches in the place where me and my kids are going.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

:rofl: somehow that made me laugh.... reading the underline words made my mind float to the wizarding world of "harry potter" where there are giants and dragons, elves and wizards and witches and flying broomsticks... but honestly, sometimes, i do feel like I'm headed to that place... i just hope there will be more good wizards than bad witches in the place where me and my kids are going.

:lol: Well everytime I say something about the USA to my mother, I can see in her face that she is thinking "OMG she'd better stay here! there are so many different things over there!", hence the "unknown and strange country". :D I'm sure you'll only meet good wizards AND good witches dbears! not sure about the flying broomsticks though ;)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

:lol: Well everytime I say something about the USA to my mother, I can see in her face that she is thinking "OMG she'd better stay here! there are so many different things over there!", hence the "unknown and strange country". :D I'm sure you'll only meet good wizards AND good witches dbears! not sure about the flying broomsticks though ;)

I sometimes get the same from Olga and I have to remind her to expect that everything will be the same as what she now knows, and anything better, that's just the icing on top of the cake. Besides, all the elves, witches and wizards live in California and the giants and dragons live in New York. Chicago is perfectly safe, aside from the occasional orc.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline
I sometimes get the same from Olga and I have to remind her to expect that everything will be the same as what she now knows, and anything better, that's just the icing on top of the cake.

I'm not sure about that. It seems to me that a lot of things are going to be different. From the language to the administrative system. Credit cards. Measurements. Tips. The fact that I will be an "immigrant". Stores. Grocery shopping with different products. Even the relationship with my future husband will be different, because the entire context is going to be a new one (even though I've already gone to that country, and we've already lived together for several weeks).

I'm glad it's going to take several months before I'll get EAD. That way I can try to adjust as much as I can in the everyday environment before to have to adjust in a work-related environment.

And for the orcs, with all the good witches and good wizards to protect us, then that shouldn't be a problem ;)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline
I sometimes get the same from Olga and I have to remind her to expect that everything will be the same as what she now knows, and anything better, that's just the icing on top of the cake.

I'm not sure about that. It seems to me that a lot of things are going to be different. From the language to the administrative system. Credit cards. Measurements. Tips. The fact that I will be an "immigrant". Stores. Grocery shopping with different products. Even the relationship with my future husband will be different, because the entire context is going to be a new one (even though I've already gone to that country, and we've already lived together for several weeks).

I'm glad it's going to take several months before I'll get EAD. That way I can try to adjust as much as I can in the everyday environment before to have to adjust in a work-related environment.

And for the orcs, with all the good witches and good wizards to protect us, then that shouldn't be a problem ;)

One thing you forget Cecile, is that you have a real French accent - and so can expect to be slobbered on by all sorts of people as being a true representative of "high culture". Deserved or not, it doesn't matter. I vote for deserved, however. :yes: The same generally holds true for the British. As for the Australians and New Zeelanders and other representatives of the Empire - people just want to buy them a beer and listen to the way they talk.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

Timeline

One thing you forget Cecile, is that you have a real French accent - and so can expect to be slobbered on by all sorts of people as being a true representative of "high culture". Deserved or not, it doesn't matter. I vote for deserved, however. :yes: The same generally holds true for the British. As for the Australians and New Zeelanders and other representatives of the Empire - people just want to buy them a beer and listen to the way they talk.

:lol:

Bryan says I don't have a real French accent. though he says my accent is cute :)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.