BlakeandOlha

January Filers at the CSC - How are you doing?

4,270 posts in this topic

I ordered three copies of my birth certificate months and months ago!

I also applied for a provisional driving license because I mean to book some lessons before I leave, but also because I need proof of where I live for the police certificate (I also ordered a bank statement from my bank with my address on for this purpose).

I won't get the police certificate until I receive my NoA2, because it is only valid for six months.

I'd love to visit, too - but like you said, it just isn't worth it money-wise.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Did anyone start gathering information for the next part of the process? Did the US citizens start filing the I-134 and gathering financial proofs? Did some foreign fiances ask their police certificate and birth certificate to their government?

well im kinda thinking to get police certificate on mid may,well as soon as my fiance gets the NOA2. due to some documents expires in mos so we better get it at its freshest!!! :whistle:

------------------------

K-1

Jan 2008 - application was sent back to us due to mis sent to Chicago instead of California

Jan - sent application

Jun 27 - NOA2 by the mailbox!!! (found out that d 2nd touch was d approval..sweet!)

Jul 3 - NVC sent letter to petitioner

Jul 15 - confirmation letter received (tnk u my dear DHL)

Jul 17- 1st day - medical exam SLEC (on hold and waiting for it to be done successfully) July 31- PASSED!

Aug 28 - USEM interview date! (eto' na!) - PASSED - PINK SLIP ONLY!

Sept 26 - PAL departure - MNL-LAX

NOV 23 - Church wedding

AOS

Jan 30 2009 - AOS with EAD and AP submitted to Chi, IL

Feb 4 - check cleared

Feb 10 - AOS, EAD, AP NOA1 received!

Feb 19 - Biometric appointment letter received

Feb 28 - Biometrics schedule

Mar 28 - AP and interview invitation received by mail

Apr 2 - EAD card recieved

May 15 - Interview Schedule - APPROVED!

Jun 25 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON MAIL Dated June 16

Yes, who knows.... it might be our turn soon!! And even if it's not soon, we're getting closer to the end.

Did anyone start gathering information for the next part of the process? Did the US citizens start filing the I-134 and gathering financial proofs? Did some foreign fiances ask their police certificate and birth certificate to their government?

YES!!! It will be your turn very very very very soon! April won't pass by without any January CSC filer getting approved. I can smell it in the air. :thumbs:

We just got our interview date this morning (last night US time) and well, we are still starting the 'gathering part'. We do have proof of relationship ready for printing on my end. And I have requested NBI clearance this afternoon. I'll be requesting for additional birth certificates for me and my kids and also the 'certificate of no marriage' within the week and I'll finish all other documents needed within the week or next week... As for the form that I will be needing from Rick, we will fill it up online when we chat next time so we could both check the answers before printing. And he still needs to file income tax soon.

We were expecting NOA2 by June but it came so soon that we are not yet prepared for it. But we are indeed grateful and ALL is WELL. :yes:

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

well im kinda thinking to get police certificate on mid may,well as soon as my fiance gets the NOA2. due to some documents expires in mos so we better get it at its freshest!!! :whistle:

I have Olga working on the entire list at this point - she'll get the cert going in a couple of weeks. The cert itself will take a couple of months to get in the Ukraine and then it's good for a while after that so there should be no problem there. The timeline is that once approval is received we should be ready to interview. One member was able to slip in a week after she called the embassy to set a interview time - I want to at least be available to do the same thing. The period between the application being received by the embassy and the setting of the interview date is really the only area when I can influence the speed of the process by being 100% ready to go at the moment the embassy receives the package.

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

One member was able to slip in a week after she called the embassy to set a interview time - I want to at least be available to do the same thing. The period between the application being received by the embassy and the setting of the interview date is really the only area when I can influence the speed of the process by being 100% ready to go at the moment the embassy receives the package.

It is best to be prepared always. Our papers left NVC last week and we called today. We were offered to have interview April 9 which is next week... but of course we had to decline coz we haven't even started with the 2nd part of paper works yet :wacko: .. plus it is expensive to book flights to the capital city when your flight is the next day already. Had we taken the April 9 offer we should have flown to manila this very day or early tomorrow for medical which should at least one week before interview here.

ROC

N-400

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
One member was able to slip in a week after she called the embassy to set a interview time - I want to at least be available to do the same thing. The period between the application being received by the embassy and the setting of the interview date is really the only area when I can influence the speed of the process by being 100% ready to go at the moment the embassy receives the package.

It is best to be prepared always. Our papers left NVC last week and we called today. We were offered to have interview April 9 which is next week... but of course we had to decline coz we haven't even started with the 2nd part of paper works yet :wacko: .. plus it is expensive to book flights to the capital city when your flight is the next day already. Had we taken the April 9 offer we should have flown to manila this very day or early tomorrow for medical which should at least one week before interview here.

Is the medical schedule a requirement? Most people going through the process in the Ukraine get thier medicals the day before the interview. I know you're not looking until later in the year for the wedding so time isn't that much of an issue, which is good, but have you gotten a rescheduled date?

And So It Begins......

My Timeline:

15 Sep 2007 Engaged!

25 Jan 2008 Sent I-129F to CSC

28 Jan 2008 I-129F receipted at CSC

29 Jan 2008 NOA1

30 Jan 2008 Touched - filing box here we come....

05 Feb 2008 Hard Copy NOA1 Received in Mail

03 Jun 2008 NOA2

10 Sep 2008 Interview 9:30

16 Jan 2009 Fly back to the USA

?? ??? 2009 Wedding Bells are Ringing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
sunny, that is a cool tattoo! My guy was turned away at the border as well but we have other ways of marking that day! :lol:

Rachel... I think you keep the name too. :)

Hi Olga. waving.gif

:lol: Gay(e)... I'm with Ricky!

Cecile and Bryan... people here do everything from big and expensive to simple. Many couples will register places because even if you say 'no gifts' people will still want to bring them. Well, I do anyway. ;) I like to give money. My first wedding was HUGE and expensive with hundreds of people. Was nice but it was real easy to lose the meaning and, looking back, the money could have been better spent. ;) It really depends on what the two of YOU want... and nobody else. Well..that's how it should be anyway.;)

Aww thanks Kim! I love it and man that sucks the whole being turned away thing huh? My poor man got all the way to Detroit from London poor thing!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Successful Fiance' Visa recipents Class of October 2008 ;)

(filed January 2008 married November 18th 2008)

Timeline

Yup Gareth got his police record already but is prepared to get the other as well as he doesn't want that to slow us down! He popped to his local doc yesterday and is having him do up his immunisation record too :)

What can I do on my end? what is the I-134? I suppose I can get that off the USCIS site yeah? Is that something I can print out and fill out or do I need to wait for them to send it to me to fill it out! I would love to get anything I can done for the next bit!!!

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Timeline

Yup Gareth got his police record already but is prepared to get the other as well as he doesn't want that to slow us down! He popped to his local doc yesterday and is having him do up his immunisation record too :)

What can I do on my end? what is the I-134? I suppose I can get that off the USCIS site yeah? Is that something I can print out and fill out or do I need to wait for them to send it to me to fill it out! I would love to get anything I can done for the next bit!!!

Ooh ok I found the I-134 and printing it off and saved it as well ;) Gosh I love these message boards that keep me a few steps (or months haha) ahead ;)

~Steph n' Gareth n' Fam

Is the medical schedule a requirement? Most people going through the process in the Ukraine get thier medicals the day before the interview. I know you're not looking until later in the year for the wedding so time isn't that much of an issue, which is good, but have you gotten a rescheduled date?

April 9 was the first option given to us and then the whole month of May so I told him to pick out May 23. Medical here is to be taken at least 1week prior to interview but some take it so much earlier, even a month in advance so that if there would be any problem, it could be corrected or treated right away before interview.

We were chatting on yahoo while he made the call so it was as if I was still the one making the call :yes: ... I chose may 23 becoz there is also one girl near my hometown who i've met here on vj (sj_soulmates, a january filer also) who have the same sched and it would be nice to really meet up with people that I have only been talking online. Plus it also allows me to schedule my medical a week before interview (May 14) which is actually best time for me to take medical since that would be a few days after my monthly period. (there are some test during medical here that can't be done when a woman has her period)

ROC

N-400

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I ordered three copies of my birth certificate months and months ago!

I also applied for a provisional driving license because I mean to book some lessons before I leave, but also because I need proof of where I live for the police certificate (I also ordered a bank statement from my bank with my address on for this purpose).

I won't get the police certificate until I receive my NoA2, because it is only valid for six months.

I'd love to visit, too - but like you said, it just isn't worth it money-wise.

The birth certificate copies in France is only valid for 3 or 6 months so the ones I got before sending I-129F won't be good anymore. Unless the embassy says it doesn't matter to them.

But I'll probably order new ones just in case. Last time I got it in less than a week anyway.

I've only started to gather some proofs of the on-going relationship. nothing done about official documents so far.

Exactly 3 months today! CSC has been so slow lately! I hope they'll catch up soon....

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Me too.

That's strange about the birth certificates only being valid for 3-6 months. Ours are valid for life over here.

I received an e-mail back from Alex's mother. She reckons there will be 40-50 guests on her end! :wacko:

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline
Me too.

That's strange about the birth certificates only being valid for 3-6 months. Ours are valid for life over here.

I received an e-mail back from Alex's mother. She reckons there will be 40-50 guests on her end! :wacko:

:wacko:

Didn't you say small and cheap wedding? And shouldn't it be on YOUR end and on ALEX's end?!

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Well...her family is Alex's too! But she's drawing up the guest list for her side of the family.

She says that is why she wants to do a pot luck wedding, so that everyone can be fed at little cost to ourselves. I'm a bit concerned about how they'll squeeze 50-70 people into their house, though!

She's sent me an e-mail full of questions (what type of cake? Music? Flowers?) and I almost want to send one back saying 'I don't care!' :P

07/11/2006 - First met

12/27/2008 - Marriage

Timeline

I meant I would think that Alex would do that guest list for his family, and you would do yours. Bryan seems willing to choose who is going to come from his family.

Maybe "I really have no idea right now, but I'm going to think of it" would be better than "I don't care" ;)

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.